All hotels in Mendon, Vermont, United States of America
5654 US Rt 4, Mendon, VT, 05751, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Breakfast Of Champions"
I don't write many reviews, but I had to write about this hotel. The hotel staff was as nice as could be, and the rooms were very clean. I didn't give this 5 stars because I think it's a 5 star hotel. But considering value for price paid, you'd have a tough time finding a better one. Now as someone who travels for business and is allowed a stipend for food in a day, a good complimentary breakfast is important. This was the most outstanding complimentary breakfast I've ever had. I know I stayed in off-season for Killington, but the service I received was A+. I will definitely be back!
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Ryan
"Mendon two night stay"
Just a weekend stay but it was a home away from home. You didn't have to stay inside your room the whole time because there was a large hang out area with games and fireplaces and a large tv with multiple seating areas. Also there was a sauna and hot tub to enjoy! We had a great time!
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Jenna
"Good for the price."
I'm sure this hotel was quite good in the 80's. That said if you're looking for a good deal I would recommend it. Breakfast is exceptional, especially on the weekends with the buffet. The jacuzzi is a great place to hit after a day of skiing.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Advocate
"poor"
sucked will not stay there again
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Nice Inn-especially for skiers and families."
The location was good. Breakfast was great. The rooms are pretty outdated--I was a bit taken aback by the comforters on the bad that look about 30 years old, but the room seemed clean, even if in need of updating.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Innsavant
"nice owners"
The man at the front desk was very sweet and inviting. My room was plain, compared to the pictures I saw, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Definitely kept me warm from the snow storm. Thank you!
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
Yvonne
"Dirty room / Poor guest service / Dirty facilities"
My wife and I arrived on a Friday night for a weekending skiing at Killington. During the check-in process, the "front desk" personnel barely said anything nor knew where I should part the car for best access to the room. We found hair in the bathtub, dirty towels hanging up on the back of the door and toothpaste splatter on the sink. This was the worst hotel we have EVER STAYED IN. The next morning during breakfast, ALL of our utensils had crushed food on it, as if they DO NOT wash silverware. The wait staff for the breakfast service, doesn't even acknowledge the guests in the hotel or recognize that you are there in the room. We concluded that we don't want to eat breakfast there the following morning and wanted to check-out ASAP. The next morning I went to the dinning room to get mugs for coffee. When I asked the "wait staff" if I could have a mug, they looked at each other like I was speaking in tongues and then pointed at the mugs in front of them and stepped away. One of the these staff member was the same girl who checked us in. I had NEVER been treated like this in a hotel before. I had worked in the hospitality and service industry for MANY years, but had never received such treatment. My wife and myself WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN. It is shame that such an amazing location is RUINED by such poor service and unhygienic standards.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Matthew
Staff was great.... Building in need of updates... But overall great stay...
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Heidi
"Nice hotel in the mountains"
I had a pleasant stay there and the stuff was extremely friendly. Only the bed was too soft for me - which is however in general a problem in the United States.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"fall in vt"
Enjoyed the view. Being in the middlemiddle of the state, this was a great location for seeing the sites.
3 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
Lorraine
"Just average"
The facility/room was a little tired and not entirely clean, building is close to the road. The staff were dressed in casual clothes, difficult to distinguish from guests. Breakfast service had many glitches. Price I paid on hotels.com was much more than offered directly through the hotel website. I will choose another property next time.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"Don't stay if you want a clean room"
I am not a picky person. It does not bother me if hotel decor is dated or there is no flatscreen. I simply require where I stay to be clean. Mendon Mountainview Lodge is not clean; it is tidy but tidy does not equal clean. We were assigned room 213 at the end of the hall and before we even reached the room we could smell the stench...all the way down the hall and even worse in the room. Cleaning will never rescue those carpets; they should be ripped out and replaced. The bedspreads smell as well and need to be replaced. We informed the lady at the front desk that the room was not acceptable and we could not stay there. My husband and I were trying to spare her feelings by not telling her that her lodge literally stinks. She has apparently gone "nose blind" to the odor and no amount of Febreze is going to cover up that smell. We lodged a complaint with Hotels.com after we left and, no surprise, were told that the lodge manager refused to refund our money per their cancellation policy which would have required us to cancel 24 hours prior to arrival. I pointed out that we could not possibly have known 24 hours prior to our arrival that this place has not had a good cleaning since 1984. You can't smell stink on a website! Apparently, the management feels no obligation to provide a room that is actually clean in return for your hard earned money. Do not stay here if cleanliness is a consideration for you. I would feel cleaner camping in a tent.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Ginger
"The nicest staff!!!"
Although the hotel is a little older, it is in great shape. The staff, especially Connie, is so nice and helpful! She points you in the right direction for everything. I stayed there almost a week and was treated extremely well. Future stays for me and my extended family will be with Mendon Mountainview Lodge! The breakfast by the way is plentiful and delicious!!!
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"very pleasant stay."
good location close to restaurants and hiking trails.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Flint
"best stay for the price"
Great price, great breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, clean room, pool, sauna, game room...only problem was room air conditioner. It didn't work.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
penny
"Great birthday weekend at Mountainview"
Great price, amazing breakfast, wonderful staff! Rooms are basic and perfect since all we did was sleep in them! We asked for a fridge and the small one we got worked better than we anticipated! Close to Killington and Pico and near a ton of tourist locations. We will be coming back next year with our kids! Thank you to all the staff....our stay was amazing!
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Dawn
"Dont show up late"
Went for a late dinner and upon return the lobby was locked and our room keys no longer worked. Had to call a posted phone number and all we got was a voice-mail. Not something you want to deal with at midnight after a long day and feeling tired. The lobby gets locked up at 10 pm. No employees present after that. Not the way to run a modern hotel. What happens in an emergency? Or if there is a room issue? Bad practice.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
When we got to the hotel after 7 hrs of riding there, the room we booked was already taken, but Connie made other arrangement s for us and made our stay worth it, she is a great and friendly manager! And a nice surrounding . ... Wendy Fortin
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
Wendy Fortin
"Staff made an error and gave our room away"
I booked and pre-paid two nights at this hotel for my daughter and her two small children. When she checked in they did not assign the correct reservation and she had to pay for the second night. My daughter had to pay or leave the hotel. The manager was rude and uncooperative and even though he admitted to making the mistake, we would not provide a refund. He even hung up on me when I called to straighten out the error. This is a decent place but is managed by people who just don't care if they make a mistake or not. Go some where else if you can.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
KC
"perfect location"
The hotel is perfectly located for winter skiing or summer sight-seeing. The staff is very friendly and hard-working. Best continental breakfast on our entire trip....served in their dining area, not in a lobby...with great folks. Kids loved the hot tub and heated outdoor pool. Rooms are a bit dated and could use updated bedding and electronics. One of the rooms we had apparently had a pet issue before we arrived...while the staff tried hard to eliminate it, the odor was noticeable.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Dan C
"Nice hotel!"
Room is comfortable, staff is polite and warm. Their free breakfast is one of the best I have had - You actually sit down and order your food, rather than self serving. Highly recommended.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Libin
"Overnight stop"
Desk clerk was very informative and friendly. Excellent service especially when the air conditioner didn't work. They quickly put us in another room that had a working air conditioner .
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Stuart
"Family friendly resort."
The resort was a little outdated, but the hard working staff made great strides to keep it spotless. Connie, Max and the rest of the staff made it a very pleasant experience by providing places and things to do during our stay in that local area, as well as places more distant. They went out of their way to make sure that every detail during our visit was memorable. In addition, the free breakfasts every morning were tasty and plentiful. The food was prepared very well by the cook, Dave and , Jim and Andrea,the other waitstaff made sure that you had everything that you needed, when you needed it. True professionals. I would highly recommend this resort, as it felt like home. away from home I would highly recommend this place,
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Gregg
"What a Beautiful Spot"
Our stay was fantastic.The best host cook and a wonderful tour guide and source of information from our all round Hotel manager and host .Thank you again Patrick we will come back again one day to stay. Will recommend this motel to everyone that appretiate personal attention from manager and staff . Keep up the good work.
3 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
Amazing staff! Hotel is worth the money that you are paying for. Has a cute game room on the first floor, perfect for children. Plan on going again.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
"Hotel is too old"
It needs renovation big time. For this condition of hotel, I overpaid. was charged 180 for a night for 4 people. The TV in the room is a 21 inc CRT display. Overall service is very good. But the bottom line is... the price to condition ration doesnt match.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2013
Ravi
"Highly recommended"
I will highly recommend this hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fully functional indoor spa and game room. It is close to the Killington and Pico Ski regions. And you can well relax in their indoor spa tub, and have more fun in the game room.
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2013
Jun
"Do not use"
Would not return-switched rooms two times due to bathroom, phone, light problems and they did not offer to reduce the rate. Stay away at all costs
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
"Good location, nice staff"
Stayed 3 days last weekend in September, good location in the center of everything to see. Room was what you would expect for the $$. Needs some updating, staff was very nice and helpful, free breakfast was a plus. Would definitely stay again.
3 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2013
"Wonderful"
We stayed in 10 different hotel rooms on this trip and this was the best by far. Friendly and helpful people and a specially made breakfast. Beautiful scenery, total relaxation! I recommend it to anyone!
1 night trip Sep 24, 2013
"Clean and friendly"
My husband and i both work in tourism and this was a great experience. hospitality was top notch. We were traveling all day, not sure where we would land for the evening. We chose this hotel based on price and other reviews. We couldn't beat the price and were pleasantly surprised. I didn't have much expectations but hoped it was clean. We were tired, check in was easy, she was friendly and it was 9pm. The lobby was nicely furnished with comfy looking furniture. Our room was spotless, comfortable and was a little larger than expected. Not the most current furnishings but I don't care about that as long as its clean. In the morning, we woke to a view of Pico Mtn. Breakfast was included in the price as advertised. Again, I had no expectations of what that might be. We had a choice of pancakes, eggs, omelet or oatmeal, made to order. Our waitress was welcoming and friendly, service was good, coffee was fresh and hot. We spoke with the chef (I think he also doubles as manager) and he was personable, gave us some history and thanked us for coming. He wanted to make sure we enjoyed our stay. My husband and I both walked away happy and would return based on this visit.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"Romantic anniversary!"
My wife and I spent our 5th Wedding Anniversary in Vermont, and we were very happy with my choice to stay at the Mendon Mountainview Lodge. The lodge was conveniently located a half hour away from the town of Woodstock which contains the historic Marsh-Billings Farm and the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Park, and you have pass a covered bridge along the way! The rooms have their own fireplace which they give you the log to light a romantic fire which we did. The Continental Breakfast was one of the better ones I have had, and a waitress takes your order, serves your food, and continues to keep your coffee cup full. The pancakes and French toast are made of Bran, which while good, is also very filling. For a good meal in the evening, the Snow Angel Tavern nearby is an excellent choice. The lodge also has a huge gameroom with an air hockey table, foozball table, books, board games, and even a tea set play area for kids. Unfortunately, the cold weather had already set it, so we did not get to enjoy the outdoor pool. The hotel is very clean and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The waitress offered to take pictures of my wife and I with our camera, and the clerk at the front desk made helpful suggestions regarding must-see sights in the area. We would gladly stay again.
2 night romance trip Sep 13, 2013
NJ Traveller
GREAT BREAKFAST ,GOOD LOCATION,NICE STAFF
2 night trip Aug 27, 2013
"Shows some wear but you can have a nice stay"
This hotel has some wear showing. TVs are ancient, the furniture is not quality and the air conditioning is limping along on a prayer. Little things are not as tight as they could be. Saying that the people are friendly, helpful and accommodating. The breakfast is superb. The beds were very comfortable, and the recreation room and pool are very nice. The price was right as well. So, if you can overlook some aging and some of the little things, you can have a nice stay there like we did.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
"great...BUT noisy"
Great hotel - nice modern room (except for the old TV), clean, neat, good service, good breakfast...BUT not soundproofing at all. you can hear conversations in the neigboring room and the people above seem like they are going to fall through the ceiling. Might be OK if you go to bed late and don't want to sleep in, but with kids who need to go to bed at a reasonable time, it is just too noisy.
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2013

"OK for the price"
staffs are very nice, but condition and facilities are just ok. Sound proofing is terrible! I can hear the neighbour like beside my ears. cannot sleep untill the neighbour get quiet
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Nice location"
Mendon Mountain Lodge is in a wonderful location and the public areas are lovely. The bedrooms are okay but do not contain tea making facilities as advertised, only coffee, and not all have fireplaces as ambiguously stated on the website. One of the beds in the double queen rooms are very close to the wall making it very difficult to get out of. On the plus side, breakfast was very good and hot and has the most delicious pancakes we have ever had (and we have had a few!). Staff are friendly and the hotel is very clean. We did have a problem with one room having a strange 'odour' but as soon as we spoke to the manager, he moved us into another room with no problem or fuss.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
I And J
Bed linen was stained and did not appear fresh. Toilet flusher was in a difficult position . Breakfast was great and view from dining room was beautiful. Staff was very friendly.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Don

"Fint hotel i bjergene"
Hotellet var ok, der er dog langt til restauranter 2-5 km og det lå ikke tæt på byen som beskrevet.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
DK
"10 min by car to ski slopes and great breakfast"
Fantastic breakfast cooked by chef (omelettes, panncakes). Close to the ski slopes. Liked the fireplace in the room. The hotel is quiet old. I wouldn´t use the pool amenity - doesn´t feel all that clean.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2013
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Laur
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Mendon Mountainview Lodge

"Great Staff, Excellent Accommodation. "
06/30/15 Michael F
The manager and her staff went out of their way in providing four of us all the help they could plus a splendid full breakfast each day. Two of us were hiking the Appalachian Trail and we can only recommend it highly to other hikers. There is no hotel shuttle to or from the AT trailhead but it's an easy couple of miles to hitch and Connie, the manager, is very welcoming to hikers.
"Amazing Staff and Service"
06/26/15 Ryantheoliver
My mother and I were accommodated by the switching of rooms secondary to our mistake. Connie, the manager, went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. She was extremely pleasant, informative, and genuine in truly making us feel as guests should feel (but typically don't in this day in age!!) I highly recommend this lodge for a beautiful location and over the top service (-:
"Awesome"
06/22/15 Sam W West Hartford, Connecticut
I was part of Kyle S's golf group and just wanted to reiterate everything he said. Connie was fantastic. She was able to recommend restaurants for dinner and, as stated in many previous posts, her breakfasts were awesome!! The rooms were clean and very nice. The game room was a great way to spend a night. We will definitely be back.
"This would be a great place for a family reunion!"
06/22/15 OldLadyVagabond Princeton NJ
My husband and I went to Vermont for our granddaughter's high school graduation and stayed for 2 nights at the Mendon Mountainview. Because it was midweek and off-season we had the whole place to ourselves. Our spacious room on the 3rd floor had a lovely view of Pico Peak. Accomodations are not elegant, but what I expected for a ski lodge. This would be a great place for multiple families getting together. There is a large indoor gathering area with a fireplace and table games, a decent library, lots of chairs and couches and a hot-tub room. There is also a sizeable swimming pool (outdoors). A cooked-to-order breakfast is included and served in the spacious dining room. The inn in a previous life had a public restaurant, but no more. For winter guests, there is a large entry with lockable ski racks on the lower level.
"Wonderful staff; amazing breakfast!"
06/21/15 LindaGingrow Lenoir, North Carolina
Connie, the manager, and her staff are wonderful! Connie went out of her way to make certain that we were comfortable and provided assistance to find a church and entertainment options. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was absolutely amazing!!! A buffet that included freshly prepared blueberry pancakes that melted in our mouth, French toast, potatoes, scrambled eggs, link sausage, bacon, an assortment of fruit juices, coffee, and a variety of teas. The food was fresh, even for those who came at the end of the serving period. The rooms are spacious, very clean, and comfortable! When we return to Rutland, we will absolutely be returning to the Mountain View Lodge. Many thanks to Connie and her staff for such an enjoyable stay!
"Great food, peaceful sleep"
06/19/15 Kyle S Hartford, Connecticut
Drove up from CT with three buddies to golf at Green Mountain National. Stayed here for two nights and it was the best decision we made. Connie was unbelievably accommodating and made us feel at home. The expansive breakfast menu fueled us for two rounds of golf Saturday and when we came back, we were able to cool off in the pool and enjoy some more competition in the game room (shuffleboard, air hockey, monopoly, etc.). After taking a beating on the course, we sunk into the comfortable beds and woke up to another phenomenal breakfast. We will be back!
"Great Visit"
06/17/15 marisaneebski New Jersey
Stayed here for a friend's wedding in the area. The hotel was great, great price! Connie was awesome and her breakfast...I am still thinking about it! The room was clean - huge bathroom! Nothing special TV/cable-wise but we were not interested in that. We only stayed overnight but we will be back to see what VT has to offer when we book a longer stay and it will definitely be here!
"Friendly staff, clean rooms, excellent pricing."
06/14/15 aram p Springfield, Vermont
Connie was a fabulous host, and a terrific face for the lodge. She made us feel comfortable, and was consistently caring. Service was wonderful, and I am so looking forward to visiting again when they open the bar---which, I hope will be soon. It is a great space to lounge with a large room and fireplace, very cozy and welcoming.
"A Little Piece of Heaven"
03/23/15 BarringtonMedium Amesbury, Massachusetts
My husband and I recently stated for a night while on a business trip. We were both very surprised at how personable the staff is and how nice the rooms are. Connie is about the most fantastic and fun person you can ask for. She is happy, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. She always has a smile on her face that is genuine. It shows she loves her work. The rooms are clean and very inviting. The bed was the biggest surprise of them all. Most hotels you expect a hard nights rest but this one was like being on a cloud. I have never slept so well. I have spent many nights in this area at other hotels (chain ones included) that costs much more but can't begin to hold a candle to this place. We have decided that from here on out there is no other choice for us but the Mendon Mount Mountainview. Thank you for the best service!
"Great hospitality, comfy feel and warm!"
03/16/15 DAS12NJ New Jersey
Property is 10 miles from the mountain. Great hospitality, fantastic hot breakfast! You felt like you were on "Cheers" (where everybody knows your name from the staff of the lodge). The rooms are just average and a little outdated but they are clean and neat. Fireplace in the main lobby was very nice. Hot tub and sauna in the basement. Not enough drawers for clothing storage. I would recommend this lodge if you are looking for a simple relatively inexpensive accommodation. The beds were comfortable and met our needs. Our room was not facing the mountain so I can not comment on a view.