All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here933 L Street NW, Washington, DC, 20001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good location, but otherwise a bit lacking & cold."
Layout of the "suite" was strange. Huge hallway, big kitchen, couch, etc., but all on marble floors. Not enough carpeting. Very cold. Placement of TV was odd and off to the side, away from the couch. Furnishings and furniture were all brand new, but structure of room (trim, paneling, etc.) looked old and worn out. Wooden blinds were old-looking. Service was lacking. I asked for an ironing board to be brought up to my room. It never was. (There should have been one in there to begin with.) No restaurant on site. Wandering to find a place to eat at night was a bit of an adventure, with nothing great close by.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"Beautiful suites ideal for conference attendees"
Lovely hotel,well situated, right across the street from the Marriott and down the block from the Convention Center. Staff were very nice, and accommodating -- I arrived off the red-eye and was able to check-in early, catch a few hours of sleep which was much appreciated. Would definitely stay there again, and have already recommended the Eldon to colleagues.
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
Freddi
"Quirky but Spacious"
The Eldon suites are big, well equipped and tastefully decorated, if a bit sloppily executed by the construction crew. The bed was comfortable, the staff pleasant, and i will stay there again for its proximity to the convention center. There is only one elevator shared by guests and cleaning staff, and the path from the front door to the elevator doesn't seem very secure. But a good place in DC if you want a kitchen and a little more room.
4 night business trip Oct 30, 2014
Suzanne
"Disappointing hotel"
I was disappointed in this hotel. I originally picked it based on good reviews, but I found the facilities did not live up to them. The entire suite was tile floor, and admittedly the photos did show this feature. But it made the hotel so noisy - I could literally hear the man next door sighing as he was watching TV. What's more, one morning I woke up to no hot water and the only reason the staff gave was "Oh well, they were working on the boiler." No advance notice, no apologies, nothing. Later that day when I got back to my room, my keys didn't work so I had to go back down to the desk to get them reset. After my room was cleaned, there was white residue in the glasses in the bathroom. The only good thing is the room was spacious - the size of a small one-bedroom apartment with a full kitchen. So it may make sense for families looking for a separate bedroom at a reasonable rate. Otherwise, I do not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Beth
"Sleepless in Wahsington, DC"
Overall, my experience with Eldon was good, the suite amenities were terrific, and quite unexpected. A living area, full kitchen separate bedroom and ample closets. If someone needs to stay for a brief time, the suite would provide all of the amenities required. However I did have an issue, I was unable to control the temperature. The night of my stay was unexpectedly warm, I assume the maintenance staff had already turned on the heat since it is October. The suite was so warm, that it was impossible for me to sleep in the bedroom. I had to take the extra comforter and a pillow, and sleep on the sofa. Needless to say, it was an uncomfortable night.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Christine
"Close to convention center nothing else good about"
Stairs at entrance make a difficult acces for strollers/wheelchairs/suitcases. Door key wasn't working properly so we could walk back to front desk to have it fixed almost every day. Bed and sofabed slept really awful. There was a lot of street noise. Kitchen was missing some cutlery and there was no decent knife. Sponge was cut in half, how cheap is this? No, I won't stay here ever again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
yolanda
"."
Had to stay there for a conference. This was the cheapest option close to the convention center (at above $259 per night). Room was reasonable, staff was usually courteous, there is a CVS and a breakfast lunch restaurant in the next building. Overall, it served its purpose
4 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
Adnan
"Loved it"
Great location. Huge rooms. Felt like I was living in DC in my own apartment.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Great Hotel :)"
Very professional atmosphere, Pretty décor through out the hotel and elevator. Very close to major attractions in downtown DC. Loved the shower and everything in the suite. Would definitely stay again and recommend to my friends! :)
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Anything but luxury"
When I checked in there is no doorman to help with bags. Which is fine, but I have a broken toe and a bit of luggage. I hauled all my bags in to reception whilst she watched me struggle. I then had to move them to the bag the storage area where she again sat and watched me struggle. At one point she even walked straight past one of my bags to go speak to a colleague in the room where I was putting my luggage. Im not a needy traveller but if you can see someone struggling and you have no one else in reception, then get off your backside and help out. The least you could do is wheel a bag as you walk past. You might think im being precious but surely if you dont have a doorman then you can extend yourself to grab someones bag! She was also unpleasant, abrupt and unhelpful. When I finally got in to my room it smelt like very bad body odour, which lingered all night. My room was at the front of the hotel, facing the street. It was very noisy ALL NIGHT then through to the morning with street noise, so I hardly got any sleep. The window didnt close properly so cigarette smoke also wafted in from the people smoking in the street. The curtains where broken and slats missing which meant the street lights and the sun shone through. Im so glad that I only had 1 night here. I stay in a lot of hotels and this was by far one of the worst. Make sure if you do stay here that you request a room away from the street. On the flipside the location is good, within walking distance to most attract
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Eldon luxury suites"
The suites were very spacious. The full kitchen was a huge plus. They even supplied pits, pans, and dishes! The hotel is pretty close to a metro station. It is kinda right on the edge between a good neighborhood and a bad one. We were usually back in our room by dark or very shortly after, so we never felt really unsafe, but I wouldn't recommend traveling around that area too late, especially by yourself. There were a few times that our room key stopped working and we had to go down and have the staff fix it. That was annoying. We saw another customer complaining about the same thing when we were down there so this is apparently a common occurrence.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great value and convenience"
Stayed in what was basically a 1BR apartment (full kitchen, living room area, bedroom and bathroom). Great value and location close to city center, and 1 block from Convention Center. Would recommend for business or personal travel.
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Rich
Was great staying here with my girlfriend bed are really nice staff is also would tell a friend bout this hotel ..
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
rakeim
"Nice Hotel and NO Cell Service"
The room was huge and nicely appointed. The full kitchen was wonderful. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was good. My biggest complaint--I could not get cell service in my room. My carrier is Verizon and my phone would not work. It was frustrating. I had a room on the second floor and it was very dark. The windows overlooked another building. Ask for a room with windows that receive light.
3 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Impressed"
Our suite was beautiful -- spacious, clean, and luxurious. Wish we could afford to stay here all the time! Definitely a step above.
1 night family trip Sep 30, 2014
Great hotel and very comfortable everything was close ,subway train and site seeing also the airport
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
salute
"A Hotel With Great Possibilities Not Realized"
The rooms are wonderfully spacious and extraordinarily well equipped (beautiful shower and full kitchen, including full-size refrigerator, oven, cooktop, microwave, and dishwasher). However, there is something wrong with the way the hotel is designed and managed. The air handling outlets are installed so that they direct a gale right onto the head of the bed (and there is no way to shut off the fan -- the best we could do was to cool the room way down during the day and then raise the temperature setting when going to bed). The kitchen has wonderful appliances, but there were almost no utensils that could be used in the microwave or the regular oven, making the appliances nearly useless. As an indication of the poor caliber of management, the elevator floor was filthy the entire time we were at the hotel; two minutes with a vacuum cleaner would have taken care of it. With more competent design and management, this would be a superb hotel.
4 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"Mini-moon"
only complaint we had was no tv in the bedroom. Other than that beautiful and very clean
3 night trip Sep 21, 2014
E. Houston
"Ok place."
Its an ok place. Our room was clean but the sheets on the fold-out bed were torn. We asked for a room for three but there were only towels for two. One morning there was an extremely noisy jackhammer outside our window and the folks at the desk were enormously unconcerned. Its an ok place. Clean and inexpensive- isn. Well located. Not outstanding if that's what you're looking for.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Baltimore Traveler
"Definitely not luxury"
The walls are paper thin and we were kept up all night by other guests. Lots of construction in the area awoke us early. Furnishings are old and the walls and ceilings were in need of repair. Definitely spacious but everything is very cheap and worn.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Warner Theater!"
I enjoyed my stay! I picked this hotel because of the close location to the many sites offered in DC. I especially the security of the building.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Arkansas
Hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was nice. It was pretty quiet for for the location. Good walking proximity to many things, food, etc. The only complaint would be that the fold-out sofa bed could have been better quality and the linens on them were slightly worse for wear. But they were clean, that's the most important part.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Le_Fan
"Just right!"
Attended a conference at convention center and brought a 4-month old baby. Spacious and comfortable. We had guests come over and it was very accommodating. Staff accommodating as well. CVS around the corner and cafes nearby. Would stay here again. Great shower.
3 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"Great price awesome location"
Excellent service. Would recommend it to anyone
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
Johana
Cleanliness could've been a little better (not sure how often the room is wiped down). There was plenty of space. The bed was very comfortable. I wasn't sure about the use of the kitchen. I mainly used the oven a couple of times (I brought my own foil) and used just one cup since there weren't any cleaning supplies for utensils, plates, cups, etc. Overall, it was a good stay, and I'll most likely stay here again on my next trip to D.C.
2 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Great Hotel for families and extended stays"
I had a big suite with a full kitchen and two rooms.. A great bathroom and very convenient to all the sights.. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is no food service but the Marriott is right across the street and they have all kinds of services..
2 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
Pierrette
"nice stay"
Our only issue was that the road in front of the parking area was being worked on as we were departing for our day and had a difficult time getting in and out the entrance.
2 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"Excellent Hotel and Great Location"
I would highly recommend this hotel. The rooms were very nice and clean. The big surprise was a full kitchen which was great (stove, oven, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, plates, utensils…). The location is also great, downtown and a few blocks away from metro) and gave us easy access to sites and restaurants. We were only there for two nights, so the Hop on and Hop off Trolley was perfect. We saw a lot in a short period of time. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was an amazing site.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Roy & Maria
Comfortable. Spacious. Convenient for walking to sites, restaurants on 7th St. and the Metro.
3 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Large suites. Close to convention center."
The suite was large and nicely decorated. We loved the full kitchen and abundant desk/counter space. The internet was good. The beds were great. The bathroom sink and shower didn't drain well, the hot and cold were reversed on the bathroom sink, and we couldn't get hot water out of the kitchen sink at all. The parking is above-ground and not secure but our car was fine. There was no way to get the luggage cart to our car so we had to make several trips loading and unloading. The staff were pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Anne
"great place, better front desk service."
Really liked this place, close subway. Housekeeping service was excellent. Really liked having a full kichen.
4 night trip Aug 12, 2014
lLinda
"Amazing hotel!"
I loved this hotel. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was a wonderful boutique hotel in a great location within walking distance to many of the key sites in D.C. including the Smithsonian, White House, Mall and monuments. It is also a block away from the new Convention Center. The hotel was spotless and the staff was great. The decor is very modern and comfortable. My 14 year-old son was impressed and teenagers aren't easy to please! The rate was about half of the other hotels in the area. Also near great restaurants in an up and coming area.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
MH
"Spacious suite"
Room was great. It had a full kitchen, living room and bedroom. Very convenient and safe part of DC.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Terri
"DC Visit"
My son and I stayed at the Eldon for 3 nights. We were looking for a place close to transportation and eating facilities, but more importantly, we wanted a place that had a bedroom and a sleeper-sofa. We didn't want the expense of 2 different rooms. The Eldon fit the bill perfectly! It would be great for a family who needed the same arrangement plus it also had a full kitchen with refrigerator, dishwasher, range, etc.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Pat
"Perfect stay!"
I absolutely enjoyed staying here. I would totally come back for a return. This hotel was more of an apartment. Everything was nicely updated and clean. The location is perfect for walking in DC. The only downside to the hotel was the one elevator, overall it was not that bad since the stairs are across from the elevator. I really enjoyed this place and look forward to another visit in DC!
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2014
"Mixed review"
The hotel's location was very convenient to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, which was great. It was mainly clean and upon first glance, decorated/appointed nicely. The things that were most disappointing were: broken bathroom sink faucet handle, slow draining of the bathroom sink (which led to residue from face wash, toothpaste, soap, etc.), very soft bed (not enough support for me!), and the TV receiver being placed behind the TV, making the remote useless.
3 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
"Great for conventions"
Very convenient if you're attending a conference at the convention center, which is right down the block. Also good for families. Essentially a mini apartment. There's a 24/7 CVS around the corner and a 24/7 Safeway Supermarket a few blocks away. If you're looking for a more typical hotel (e.g. gym, room service, etc) this probably isn't the place for you. If you want a clean, spacious, centrally located place to stay while you're in DC, this is a great find at a great value!
4 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"Closest hotel to convention center"
For the price, location, and room size, this suite was a great deal. The suite was clean, spacious, and well equipped. Only downside was our keycard had to be reset by the front desk every time we returned from the convention center.
3 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
Renee
"I'm ready to move in!"
My "room" at the Eldon was actually a large, luxurious 1-bedroom apartment - much more than I needed for my one night stay, but would definitely go back for a longer stay in D.C. I was especially impressed by the walk-in closet in the bedroom, and the full kitchen with granite countertops.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
AG
"It was okay."
When we walked into the room, it smelled like Chinese food. I like Chinese food, but I would prefer that my hotel room not smell like it. The walls are this weird kind of light wood paneling. Floors are tile or marble; I am used to carpet in a hotel room. Shower was awesome. Big and has a rain shower faucet. Super close to the convention center, which worked well for me. Overall, it feels like you are staying in a former condo. If you like that, you'll like this place. I wouldn't stay here again because I like the feel of a hotel better.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Nice Room, Horrible sofa bed"
Check-in was a bit annoying as I had to listen to a negative conversation for more than 5 minutes before the employee acknowledged me. Room was clean, large and comfortable except the sofa bed. I know not to expect much with pullout beds but this one wins for worst ever. Slept on floor.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Nice Suite For Business Trip"
The Hotel has been upgraded and was nicely done. My Suite felt like a small apartment or condo and I felt bad that I was only staying one night. Breakfast was $6, which I thought was pricey for a continental breakfast, but I did not mind since I got such a great rate on the room. It is a very comfortable place to stay.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Fred on Business
It was a great experience for mi and mi family I will stay at this hotel again
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Great location because it was close to metro station. Room was huge, modern amenities and comfortable for a reasonable rate for central DC. My stay was very quiet and restful.7_25_14.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Spacious"
The hotel in general is great. The people in the suite next to mine were making a lot of noise on my first night. On the second night they had an extremely loud party. I called the desk clerk and he came up to their suite and asked them to be quiet, they continued with the noise. I called again he said "well I told them to be quiet". He did not seem to care that I was still being disturbed. He did finally come up and tell them again, but they continued with the noise. I like the hotel overall, although some of the furniture and the are rug are showing signs of wear. I don't know if I would stay there again because of the noise.
3 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"I loved the place it was like being at home"
Next time coming to washigton will like to stay in this hotel
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
cruzpamela@yaho
"Nice stay!"
I stayed here with a buddy for an event at the Convention center the evening of 7/26/14. I was pleasantly surprised with this little boutique hotel. The location to the Convention center was excellent. It was clean and the rooms were impressive! It looks much better on the inside than the outside because the buildings next to it are all boarded up. I will stay here again during my next Convention center event. It's great value!
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
MT
"Good find!"
I was excited to find this place for the price it was.. Nice staff, had some check in issues but the manager, Allan, was very nice and happy to work it out. No issues from then on, I would definitely come back to stay!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
K
"Decent alternative."
Short notice business trip during a week when there was a major youth basketball tournament in town. ALL affordable hotel options were gone, with even 2-3 star hotels in the ridiculous silly money range. Refusing to pay per- night what would basically equal a one-way plane ticket to London, I had resigned myself to staying on the outskirts, until we found the Eldon. It's a bit odd - really an apartment converted to a hotel. No amenities such as a gym, doormen, etc...but the apartment was huge, the bed was comfortable, the a/c was good. It worked. The service was very friendly.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"Walking distance to National Mall"
Clean, roomy with full size refrigerator and fully equipped kitchen. Bring or buy your snack to save money for the fun stuff.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014