All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
933 L Street NW, Washington, DC, 20001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Decent location, big suite."
These are pretty big suites. Full kitchen, nice comfy bed, quiet neighborhood. Good location, easily walkable to Metro or directly to the Mall and the Smithsonian. A few downsides, though. It appears that the management/owner has kind of given up on this property. Some of the furniture looked worn, the paneling was coming loose in places, a few windows were cracked. The $6 continental breakfast downstairs was dreadful. No laundry or fitness facilities, although there is a Laundromat just 2 blocks away. Biggest problem was the toilet. It got clogged, and then overflowed like a waterfall. Almost completely soaked the entire suite. We were moving furniture out of the way. They did come quickly to fix it and clean up. It did it again the next day and we turned the water off to prevent another disaster. Again, they did come quickly to fix it. (Lest you think it was MY fault, I travel a lot and this hasn't happened anywhere else.) It turned out that the toilet had some problems that we finally had to fix on our own. Our key cards had to be reset every day. The front desk people were very helpful.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Carolyn
"Great room in a perfect location"
The perfect location especially if attending events at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The room is very spacious and accommodating whether you are traveling alone or in a family of 4. There is a metro stop conveniently located at the convention center which is one block away. The neighborhood is filled with lots of dinning options ranging from small cafes to fine dining restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel and will be staying here again the next time I am in town.
4 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
"Great convention center option"
1 block away from the L Street entrance to the Convention Center. The building is a former apartment building, so the rooms are quite large. The room I was in had separate bed and bath rooms, with a large main room that included a full kitchen. All the furniture and décor was modern styling. The floors are all tile (slippers and rope are provided). The bed was small, but had nice bedding and a quality mattress. It is several blocks from any cluster of shopping and restaurants, but it is very easy to walk where you need to go. There is a CVS on the same block. My only complaint is that the windows were filthy and the sills and the wood paneled walls had dust build up that needs to be addressed. If you never look at the window, and want a large room at a reasonable price, close to the convention center, this could be a 5 star stay for you.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Ricardo
"A great deal in Washington"
This is not my first stay at this hotel and it's just as good as it was before. I loved the space, the decor, and the room rate.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"good hotel"
Very nice hotel. The only criticism I have is that their cleaning supplies are really strong in terms of smell. That was disturbing but everything else was great, especially for the price and area.
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Shimon
Nice hotel, conveniently located in downtown DC, quiet, big rooms, friendly staff.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Nat
"Nice hotel, close to everything."
My room was very nice and the location was close to all the main parts of Washington DC. It is right near Chinatown and the Verizon Center. Would definitely recommend to a friend.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Fernando
"Attractive place, but odd issues"
The hotel is in a pretty early 20th century building with modern sleek interiors and stone floors. Robes and slippers are in the rooms. The kitchen was full size with stainless appliances. There was no expense spared for the décor, which made the other issues weird. I found out that the owner is Chinese, so cultural differences may account for it. The entrance is supposed to be locked at midnight, but when we arrived at 11:30, it was already locked and we (and other unlucky guests) had to ring for several minutes to be let in. There is no help with bags. I had to hold the door for my husband and son to carry the luggage up the stairs to the lobby before we could even get a luggage cart. The clerk just watched. There is no gym, contrary to advertising. There are no locks on the bathrooms, and the bathroom and bedroom have etched glass doors - so no privacy, and a light in one room can wake up everyone. There are no blackout shades, only skimpy vertical blinds. Again, little privacy or light control. The toilet was stopped up during our stay. There are no service people, but the desk clerk brought me a plunger to fix it myself. If he's away from his desk, there's no one to help at all. The sofa bed was awful, so we put the mattress on the floor with a sleeping bag. It wasn't the worst place I've stayed, but I'm not sure I'd go again.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Debbie
I loved it and would stay again!
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Luxury Suites at Midrange Prices"
The Eldon is a great hotel if you want to feel like you're staying at a fancy place but can't truly afford one. The suites are beautiful, and very large, with posh touches everywhere. Of course, this is still a midrange cost hotel, so there are also tiny flaws everywhere, but nothing that will spoil your enjoyment. If you look for problems, you will find them. But if you're too busy enjoying the city, all you'll see is the multi-jet shower, the comfortable couch, and the big plush bed. To be fair, we're easy to satisfy. We didn't need breakfast, or a lot of concierge service, a pool or a fitness center or a wake up call. The staff did let us check in several hours early, which was very nice. But beyond that, we just needed a nice place to crash at the end of the day. And we definitely got one!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Keegan
It was very conveniently located. However, the staff were unwelcoming and unhelpful.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"No Vending Machines"
The only reason i didnt give this hotel a perfect score is because there is no vending machines. there is a CVS right around the corner, but it is still inconvenient. I dont think it would be that hard to have a few. Also a plain breakfast the is $6/person. Its a good lil walk to the monuments but i enjoyed it.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Rob
"Convenient location, close to the Metro"
Convenient location, close to the Yellow and Red line of Metro. Walking distance of CVS, Giant and Convention Center. It is a restored hotel but the apartment is really comfortable with a good kitchen and fridge.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Room :) Staff :("
Stayed overnight on new year's eve! The front desk staff were somewhat rude. The customer in front of us was upset over something right when we walked in and instead of helping her they kept blaming Expedia. At the end of our stay, when I asked for a receipt to ensure no extra charges had been added, they suggested I call Expedia. The hotel itself was nice, except for some cheap-looking wood on the walls, but the staff didn't seem to be as professional as I expected for such a nice place. Also as a side note, the two places just next door are quite literally boarded up- our taxi thought we were going down the wrong street until we pulled in right in front of the hotel!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Jackie
Great hotel. Staff are really nice and the hotel was clean.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
"New boutique hotel - top value, location"
Boutique hotel in excellent location for this 6-night business trip. Very large suite was actually a one-bedroom apartment with full kitchen. Newly renovated. Great shower with multiple spa-like nozzles! Only drawback was no fitness room or equipment. Knowledgeable, helpful front desk staff. Outstanding value.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
Jean
"Enjoy an affordable suite in downtown DC"
Perfect place to stay in downtown DC. One complaint about excessive noise around 3 AM on Saturday 12/6. A group of young men went in and out of their rooms several times, talked loudly in the 6th floor corridor, dragged objects, slammed doors, and were generally unruly for at least half an hour.
5 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
Fantastic value for money. Clean, spacious, convenient to sites, restaurants, cabs. Staff could be more proactive and helpful.
3 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
"basement rooms are bad"
The first night I stayed in a basement room. It was awful. Internet was on and off; phone signals were terribly weak; toilet flushing sound went through the wall every ten minutes; the mechanical room next door was often loud; TV couldn't turn on... in a word, nothing seemed to work! I requested a room change the following morning and the room on the 7th floor was great!
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"A true gem in an otherwise expensive Washington DC"
I was very pleasantly surprised with the Eldon Luxury Suites. Marble floors, blond-paneled wood walls, a modern kitchen, a comfortable living room, modern bath, and a lovely bedroom with walk-in closet. It was truly a 1-bedroom apartment - much more than a hotel room. Clean, well-equipped, and attractive.
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Deborah
"For the price this is a great place to stay."
I was only in D.C. for a one-day event, but I would definitely consider the Eldon for a longer stay.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"m"
amazing room, me and my buddies loved it. accommodated three of us greatly
1 night trip with friends Dec 2, 2014
"We LOVED this hotel!"
The room was absolutely amazing and we got it for a steal. It was literally a block away from the convention center we were visiting and I had picked it for that specific purpose. But upon seeing the room I was even happier that we had chosen the Eldon Suites because the room was spacious, well-maintained, stocked with cooking accessories in the full-service kitchen in the room, and really good toiletries for the bathroom. The only criticisms I have were that our room was right next to the concierge desk, so it was a little noisier than I would have liked, and there were no coffee filters for the coffee maker. Other than that the staff was courteous and the room was far above what I expected. We plan on staying here for every convention we go to DC for.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Margaret
"Great Location in Washington DC"
Great location the best. Need to update the furniture. Absolutely the best shower you could ever have. 5 stars.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
richard s
"Thanksgiving day/dinner with mom In the room"
It was ok. Would have been better to have a tv in the bedroom
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Great price / value ratio. You can have a great apartment with fully equiped kitchen.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Milan
"No hot water???"
There was no hot water when I tried to shower at 10am (not a busy time). When I notified the staff upon checking out, they didn't even apologize for the inconvenience, they asked me why I didn't notify them earlier. I was given the wrong WiFi password at check-in. And I couldn't access any of the four Wifi networks until I called and they re-booted all the modems. No bottled water on the premises. Not even for sale. So I had to walk around the corner to a local drugstore, upon my arrival at 10pm. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
JLB
"Nice hotel and close to some attractions."
The only thing that I have to complain about it is that my AC was not working properly. Other than that everything was perfect.
"nice for family"
It's really family friendly hotel. There is cafe and CVS around the corner. Beds are fine but the sofa bed is not good for either kids or adult. No view in our rooms and we only saw people's apartments. Nice talking distance to museums. Guess the block is under development and doesn't look very appealing.
lovetrip
Hotel is older but has a nice kitchen and living area. Good for small families.
"Great, great and once more great. Great room ,"
Great and friendly hotel , the room size are great the kitchen it's great. The only unplasent think that I have there was when we ask for taxi to the airport they arrange us someone that ask for more then double the normal price (around $16 without tip) and when we get there he ask for $35 without tip I believe is someone that the front desk know and setup for us without any cab ID number,That was very unpleasant experience that we experience with them. I will recommended that If you need can just do it your self. All I all great hotel.
eli
"Nice hotel close to downtown."
Nice hotel close to downtown. Loved having the full kitchen! Only complaint was there wasn't a TV in the bedroom.
"Very comfortable and nice hotel"
Very nice hotel! Quite and close to the convention center which made my days much easier!
LJ
"Poor execution. details matter."
Convenient location. Front desk was a mess, with papers everywhere. Carpet in elevator hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. Hotel room was overly large. Bed was comfortable but it was impossible to get room to cool. 30 degrees outside and couldnt get the room cooler than 72 degrees. Final straw was lack of hot water for morning shower. On checkout, no one asked about my stay. Also, I had to ask for a copy of my final bill - they seemed put off when I did. It's too bad. The location is convenient to the convention center and the rooms are large. Maintenance and hospitality would go a long way.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"Great place to stay."
Our stay was very nice. Didn't know what to expect but it was a very clean suite. Lots of room. Would have loved to stay longer. Just a block from the Convention Center and a nice walk to Chinatown. They let us park our car there before we checked in so we could get to our function and then left the car there after we checked out for a little while when we went back the next day. I would absolutely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"Lovely, but technologically dated."
The hotel is lovely, but the internet service was awful. I lost important business information due to the infrequency of an internet signal for 2 days of my stay. It took them 3 connecting wires and two modems to finally fix the problem.
5 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
Sherry
"Good location, but otherwise a bit lacking & cold."
Layout of the "suite" was strange. Huge hallway, big kitchen, couch, etc., but all on marble floors. Not enough carpeting. Very cold. Placement of TV was odd and off to the side, away from the couch. Furnishings and furniture were all brand new, but structure of room (trim, paneling, etc.) looked old and worn out. Wooden blinds were old-looking. Service was lacking. I asked for an ironing board to be brought up to my room. It never was. (There should have been one in there to begin with.) No restaurant on site. Wandering to find a place to eat at night was a bit of an adventure, with nothing great close by.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"Beautiful suites ideal for conference attendees"
Lovely hotel,well situated, right across the street from the Marriott and down the block from the Convention Center. Staff were very nice, and accommodating -- I arrived off the red-eye and was able to check-in early, catch a few hours of sleep which was much appreciated. Would definitely stay there again, and have already recommended the Eldon to colleagues.
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
Freddi
"Quirky but Spacious"
The Eldon suites are big, well equipped and tastefully decorated, if a bit sloppily executed by the construction crew. The bed was comfortable, the staff pleasant, and i will stay there again for its proximity to the convention center. There is only one elevator shared by guests and cleaning staff, and the path from the front door to the elevator doesn't seem very secure. But a good place in DC if you want a kitchen and a little more room.
4 night business trip Oct 30, 2014
Suzanne
"Disappointing hotel"
I was disappointed in this hotel. I originally picked it based on good reviews, but I found the facilities did not live up to them. The entire suite was tile floor, and admittedly the photos did show this feature. But it made the hotel so noisy - I could literally hear the man next door sighing as he was watching TV. What's more, one morning I woke up to no hot water and the only reason the staff gave was "Oh well, they were working on the boiler." No advance notice, no apologies, nothing. Later that day when I got back to my room, my keys didn't work so I had to go back down to the desk to get them reset. After my room was cleaned, there was white residue in the glasses in the bathroom. The only good thing is the room was spacious - the size of a small one-bedroom apartment with a full kitchen. So it may make sense for families looking for a separate bedroom at a reasonable rate. Otherwise, I do not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Beth
"Sleepless in Wahsington, DC"
Overall, my experience with Eldon was good, the suite amenities were terrific, and quite unexpected. A living area, full kitchen separate bedroom and ample closets. If someone needs to stay for a brief time, the suite would provide all of the amenities required. However I did have an issue, I was unable to control the temperature. The night of my stay was unexpectedly warm, I assume the maintenance staff had already turned on the heat since it is October. The suite was so warm, that it was impossible for me to sleep in the bedroom. I had to take the extra comforter and a pillow, and sleep on the sofa. Needless to say, it was an uncomfortable night.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Christine
"Close to convention center nothing else good about"
Stairs at entrance make a difficult acces for strollers/wheelchairs/suitcases. Door key wasn't working properly so we could walk back to front desk to have it fixed almost every day. Bed and sofabed slept really awful. There was a lot of street noise. Kitchen was missing some cutlery and there was no decent knife. Sponge was cut in half, how cheap is this? No, I won't stay here ever again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
yolanda
"."
Had to stay there for a conference. This was the cheapest option close to the convention center (at above $259 per night). Room was reasonable, staff was usually courteous, there is a CVS and a breakfast lunch restaurant in the next building. Overall, it served its purpose
4 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
Adnan
"Loved it"
Great location. Huge rooms. Felt like I was living in DC in my own apartment.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Great Hotel :)"
Very professional atmosphere, Pretty décor through out the hotel and elevator. Very close to major attractions in downtown DC. Loved the shower and everything in the suite. Would definitely stay again and recommend to my friends! :)
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Anything but luxury"
When I checked in there is no doorman to help with bags. Which is fine, but I have a broken toe and a bit of luggage. I hauled all my bags in to reception whilst she watched me struggle. I then had to move them to the bag the storage area where she again sat and watched me struggle. At one point she even walked straight past one of my bags to go speak to a colleague in the room where I was putting my luggage. Im not a needy traveller but if you can see someone struggling and you have no one else in reception, then get off your backside and help out. The least you could do is wheel a bag as you walk past. You might think im being precious but surely if you dont have a doorman then you can extend yourself to grab someones bag! She was also unpleasant, abrupt and unhelpful. When I finally got in to my room it smelt like very bad body odour, which lingered all night. My room was at the front of the hotel, facing the street. It was very noisy ALL NIGHT then through to the morning with street noise, so I hardly got any sleep. The window didnt close properly so cigarette smoke also wafted in from the people smoking in the street. The curtains where broken and slats missing which meant the street lights and the sun shone through. Im so glad that I only had 1 night here. I stay in a lot of hotels and this was by far one of the worst. Make sure if you do stay here that you request a room away from the street. On the flipside the location is good, within walking distance to most attract
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Eldon luxury suites"
The suites were very spacious. The full kitchen was a huge plus. They even supplied pits, pans, and dishes! The hotel is pretty close to a metro station. It is kinda right on the edge between a good neighborhood and a bad one. We were usually back in our room by dark or very shortly after, so we never felt really unsafe, but I wouldn't recommend traveling around that area too late, especially by yourself. There were a few times that our room key stopped working and we had to go down and have the staff fix it. That was annoying. We saw another customer complaining about the same thing when we were down there so this is apparently a common occurrence.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great value and convenience"
Stayed in what was basically a 1BR apartment (full kitchen, living room area, bedroom and bathroom). Great value and location close to city center, and 1 block from Convention Center. Would recommend for business or personal travel.
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Rich
Was great staying here with my girlfriend bed are really nice staff is also would tell a friend bout this hotel ..
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
rakeim
"Nice Hotel and NO Cell Service"
The room was huge and nicely appointed. The full kitchen was wonderful. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was good. My biggest complaint--I could not get cell service in my room. My carrier is Verizon and my phone would not work. It was frustrating. I had a room on the second floor and it was very dark. The windows overlooked another building. Ask for a room with windows that receive light.
3 night business trip Sep 29, 2014