All hotels in New Church, Virginia, United States of America

Delicious food
"Wonderful experience"
We book this for 1 night in transit and wished we could have stayed longer
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
We had a lovely stay- room was perfect and breakfast was delicious. Great home base for trips to Chincoteague/Asseteague and kayaking the Pocomoke River in Snow Hill, MD
2 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
Lynn
"Charming B&B about 20 Minutes from Chincoteague"
My 10 year old daughter and I went to visit Chincoteague to see the wild ponies. We spent one night in the Sandpiper room, which is chic and comfortable. The room is accessed through a beautiful parlor and kitchen stocked with snacks, books, videos and apertifs. When we arrived, Dorothy met us at our car and welcomed us personally. Although we were very early in the season (so the main house was not open yet) we had a lovely stay near the garden, including a delicious full breakfast delivered on a tray to our room. Everything was perfect
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Tami
"Beautiful accommodations with lots of amenities."
My daughter and I enjoyed our one night stay at this beautiful Victorian B&B. The gardens and grounds are very appealing. Hummingbirds were common around the flowering plants. There is the main inn and another guest house where snacks and drinks are available all day. We did not use the pool but it was very inviting. A tremendous effort has obviously gone into making this inn an attractive and welcoming lodging. The breakfast was surprisingly mediocre for a B&B, but all in all the experience was very worthwhile.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Rosalyn
"Dorothy is a WONDERFUL host! all staff are!"
Dorothy was so kind to me when I unknowingly let the shower leak onto the floor. She let me know so gently, and without blame, that the downstairs rooms had noticed a leak.... she let me know that she cleaned it up the next morning and not to worry. I felt terrible and she gave me a hug and said not to worry. I know that had to be a challenge and possibly costly, to clean up. If you stay in the Attic room, make sure you keep the shower curtain inside the bathtub. The staff (Michelle) was also wonderful and helpful at breakfast!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
alice
"Highly Recommend!!!"
This place was amazing! The food went way beyond expectation. I'm vegan and I'm used to fruit salad and black coffee for breakfast so I was over the moon when I was getting open faced breakfast sandwiches and PANCAKES!!! The rooms were beautiful and the grounds are spacious. Chincoteague island is like 10 minutes away.
2 night romance trip Mar 8, 2014
Melaina
"lovely stay"
We had a lovely stay. The pluses include a beautiful room with a terrific hot tub, and a nicely furnished guest common area. Pretty grounds and a warm hostess welcome were pluses as well.Meals were superb. Things to watch. Be prepared to invest driving time to see Chincoteague since there is really nothing to see within walking distance.. Also, the attic room is not suitable for most adult couples. We were lucky to be able to upgrade after arrivals since otherwise the low ceilings would have made the room unpleasant. Probably just right for kids. Overall a good value and we will likely go back.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2013
jeff h
"very nice B&B. Great owner, staff and food."
Place had been upgraded since last time we were there and they were going to do even more. Owner was very nice as was the staff. Food was great. Had some new dishes and nice twists on old favorites. This will be my choice of place to stay when we return to the area. PS Great value!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"Nice B&B"
We had a very plesant stay. It was between the Virginia side and Maryland side of Chincoteague. Perfect location for us. Michelle, one of the staff members was more then helpful and very pleasant. Also a wealth of information about the area. The room was clean, had an old fashioned bathtub, small fridge. A separate building had snacks for guests (homemade cookies, yum) amung other selections, a small stove, dinner ware and a fridge. They also had a BBQ and a built in pool, a zen garden. The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious. We stayed four nights and had a different breakfast each day. The only down side was that it is not within walking distance to a town center for shops or resturants.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Amazing B&B!!"
Garden and the Sea B&B was amazing! Dorothee and Thomas made us feel at home immediately. The grounds are beautiful, peaceful and relaxing, there is a great pool Our room was perfect, we stayed in the attic room, it was clean, cozy and comfortable. The bathroom was across the hall, it was clean, had a huge claw foot tub and everything else you need. The homemade breakfast was scrumptious. Dorothee was able to give us many great recommendations for food and activities. The B&B is located very conveniently to great sites, and convenient shopping. I highly recommend Garden and the Sea B&B, and we can't wait to go back!
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2013
Helen

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Magical"
Fabulous place to stay near Chincoteague or for travel up I13 from the bridge tunnel across the Chesapeake to Maryland, Delaware or Philadelphia. The Inn is magical. We stayed in the Lighthouse Room - well appointed with a jacuzzi bath and close to the Garden Room - a lounge for all the guests with refreshment making facilities and a decanter of port is you feel like a tipple. Breakfast was lovely. I would highly recommend this wonderful place.
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Anne

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"leuke Bed and Breakfast doet zijn naam eer aan"
We werden vriendelijk ontvangen en kregen gelijk een rondleiding door de verschillende huisjes. Garden and the sea heeft een leuke algemene ontspanningsruimte, voorziet in extraatjes zoals een port, ijsthee, chips, chocolaatjes etc. (vrij te nemen door gasten) Kamer was netjes en voorzien van een lekkere bank en stoel om te ontspannen. Huis zelf heeft wat onderhoud aan de buitenkant nodig Voor ons niet van toepassing, maar je mag je hond meenemen, er is zelfs een kamer, met afgezet balkon waar hond op kan verblijven. Bij de chips staat ook een pot met hondenkoekjes.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
Anna
NL
"Tolles Anwesen"
Wir hatten den Sandpiper Room". Das Zimmer ist sehr und gemütlich eingerichtet. Wir hatten sogar einen Wirlpool. Der Salon war ausgesprochen gemütlich. Wir hatten sogar Gebäck mit Tee oder Kaffee und Sherry. Das Frühstück war lecker und reichhaltig. Man spricht Deutsch. Wir würden gerne jederzeit wiederkommen.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2013
Heinrich
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Garden and the Sea B&B Inn

"Glorious Getaway for 50th birthday"
04/24/16 DinerDog Greensboro, North Carolina
My wife and I visited the eastern shores for my 50th birthday celebration to relax and see the area. The vacation was a complete success in enjoying our time spent exploring the island of Chincoteague and Assateague National Park. It was made extra special by the beautiful inn,owners and staff. We stayed the weekend of April 9th and loved the fact we were able to include our dog in the long weekend getaway. The grounds are kept clean and there are multiple areas to sit outside in warmer weather and enjoy the grounds and peacefulness of the property. it was chilly weather the weekend we stayed and the gas fireplace was a nice touch in the sitting area. The room we stayed in was perfect due to the fenced area for pets. The bed was ultra comfortable and the suite was nicely decorated. The daily breakfast was delicious and served in the main house, they were accommodating in the meal preparation as I requested the canadian bacon for eggs benedict and my wife had the salmon, which was the original choice. All three meals were perfect for starting our day. I cannot say enough good things about the property owners and visit. This place is wonderful and highly recommended. We cannot wait to go back and enjoy the hospitality and chaming B&B.
"Wedding Anniversary Getaway over New Years Holiday"
01/23/16 Patrick M Durham, North Carolina
My wife and I decided to return to a place we had such an enjoyable stay many, many years ago at The Garden and the Sea Inn. NOTE: The Garden House Rooms there are the best to stay in! The Virginia and Maryland Eastern shores are such wonderful places to explore during the off season with our dogs. It was our wedding anniversary and we were planning to bring in the New Year 2016 there for a few days and they do graciously allow us to bring our two greyhounds to stay instead of boarding them. Well... when we got there, the main house was closed, so we had to have our breakfast served in The Shiraz Suite. Ok, but I would rather had known the main house was closed before we went. We had fond memories that we would eat breakfast again in that dining room in the main house, We so enjoyed that house and its décor. Steve, the Innkeeper WAS an absolute PLEASURE and went beyond all our expectations for making this stay a wonderful experience without an experienced cook. He tried hard. We were supplied towels to clean the dogs feet before they entered the suite. That was a plus!!!! There were treats for us and the dogs in The Garden House Parlor that were delicious. All was good. Until... the breakfast menu: The first breakfast - Our pancakes were burnt and not cooked all the way through and really not sure what kind of syrup was on them, but they were not even edible. The second breakfast, that was actually a pretty good combination. Eggs, hash browns ..etc... They were tasty. Thanks Steve!! The third breakfast was not edible at all. Too much cream cheese and runny eggs. That was not the breakfast we were accustomed to in the past here. Steve did apologize profusely about the breakfast(s) we were served. They had some cooking and power issues and did the best they could. That's fair, but no experience cook to serve meals was a low. Cleanliness - Shiraz room: The floors in the suite were kind of dirty. My white sox were discolored just walking around the suite the first day there. The old rug in the master bedroom was so full of carpet fresh deodorant and it felt dirty. We avoided it, the best we could. The Bathroom: The sink next to the shower was loose from its support from the wall. Also the shower was dirty when using it for the first time (it looked as if it had not been cleaned prior) and also you had to turn the water on gingerly, because the handle did not feel secure in the shower wall. Our cleaning service did change a few towels, but one replacement towel was full of holes and ripped further when using it. We were not supplied any replacement shampoo or conditioners from the first day on. Sitting Room: There was a futon bed used for the main sitting area that was really uncomfortable to lounge on. The cleaning and the cooking service was substandard. I did like the fenced in area to the side of the suite for the pups to roam around in and the assessable dog bag station to clean up their business. Other than that we had some wonderful meals on Chincoteague Island at Don's and The Jackspot and in Onancock, Va. at Mallards at the Wharf. The drive to Ocean City, MD. was scenic and enjoyable. It was too bad the Island House in Wachapreague was closed for January. I was looking forward to a meal there. Well it is off season, should have expected that.
"Dog friendly and welcoming"
01/05/16 RTA75 Glasgow, United Kingdom
We had a wonderful three night stay over New Years with our two dogs. The Inn was cozy and charming, and they welcomed us. The fire in the room, the port in the evening, the skylight over the tub. Plus the Inn is so convent for exploring the area. We cannot wait to return!
"Hospitality with Grace and Charm"
12/01/15 Ranger869 Virginia
My wife, dog and I had a wonderful 4-night stay over Thanksgiving and the weekend following. What a special, delightful stay in this charming, quaint B&B that exudes the owners personality and attention to her guests' every need and interest. Dorothee and Robin, her assistant, were the perfect hostesses. Two of the most pleasant and accommodating people you'll ever meet. And they eagerly share their wealth of knowledge on the best places to eat, play, shop, etc., based on their guests' interests, tastes and whims. Our room in the Garden House was delightful. Simple, tasteful and sparkling clean with all the necessary amenities. And the parlor was pleasantly stocked with complimentary refreshments of all kinds. And they treated our golden retriever/yellow lab mix just like any other guest: with her own treats, bowl, blanket and a five-acre, beautifully maintained yard to play in. The breakfasts Dorothee prepared were fantastic. Unique and delicious. And beautifully presented and served in a bright, airy, comfortable dining room, with full table service and linen cloths and napkins. Absolutely the most delightful lodging experience we've ever had. And we've traveled all over the U.S. and Central Europe.
"Comfortable and Convenient"
11/20/15 NancyK73 Mashpee
We stayed in the Sandpiper room which was perfect for the two of us and our cocker spaniel. The room had a nice porch attached and we spent time in the living room to relax with tea and cookies. Our full breakfast included home made yogurt, bread and waffles with blueberries and marscapone cheese. It was a great place for us to stay during our visit to the wildlife park.
"Comfort, Character, & aCcomodating!"
11/12/15 Em E Cleveland Heights, Ohio
My sister and I stayed here for a girls' weekend and it was just lovely. Dorothee and her staff were very helpful and kind, the Inn was extremely comfortable with great character and history, and the breakfast was top notch. I am vegan, and in a rural area during the off-season for tourism, it can be challenging to find food while dining out. Dorothee went above and beyond, way out of her way, to make me special breakfasts and to provide us with information about the best places to dine. I would recommend this B and B to anyone who was traveling to Chincoteague and Assateague. It was fabulous!
"This is a gem!"
11/11/15 bluehighway_66 Charlottesville, Virginia
We loved it here! Quiet, charming, and relaxing. Hostesses Dorothee and Robin were very welcoming and the breakfasts were wonderfully prepared. On each morning we were there, breakfast was unique. We brought one of our cats with us, and the charge was only a one-time (not per night) fee of $25. We stayed in the Garden House's Sandpiper Room for 4 nights and had the whole house to ourselves. Loved the cookies, port wine, and bottled water in the parlor. This B&B has large porches, beautiful gardens, and plenty of open space for walking around. An outdoor pool is on the property and was still available for use at the end of September. Even though this B&B is not on Chincoteague Island (our main destination), it's only about 15 easy miles away. Very highly recommended!
"You Must Come Visit!!"
11/09/15 peonyrose Fenton, Illinois
We had a fabulous experience at this wonderful Inn. We met Dorothee, the owner and Robin, her helper and Lori who cleaned our room. All of them were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Champagne Room and it was so spacious. The King Bed was comfy and so were the pillows. There were snacks in the kitchen area and use of a refrigerator which I took advantage of with seafood bought right across the street at Susan's. Oh, the breakfasts!!! They were so tasty and delicious. Dorothee made us a semolina cake with cherries the first morning and there is juice, yogurt, cereal and fruit to go along with it. It was a so filling that we did not eat again until dinner time. For the second morning we had Eggs Benedict with salmon and asparagus. Again it was a treat. Dorothee serves breakfast from 8:30-10:00 AM so you have a nice choice on when to eat. I heartily recommend this terrific inn.
"Lovely, pet-friendly B&B"
10/31/15 teejaytee Geneva
My wife and I had been wanting to visit Chincoteague, and decided to make a trip for our 5th anniversary. We chose Garden & Sea because we wanted to take our dog along, and were delighted by our experience there. Our room was comfortable and clean, and beautifully furnished. The Jacuzzi was the perfect touch for a relaxing weekend. For me, the best part was definitely the delicious breakfasts. My wife is vegetarian and usually gets the short end of the stick when we eat out, but they catered to her diet without compromising on the experience. Our dog loved it, too. He got to meet plenty of other dogs, and the doggy treats our hosts provided were especially well-received!
"Perfect Anniversary Spot"
10/09/15 Andrew H Ronks, Pennsylvania
My wife and I honeymooned at the Garden and Sea Inn two years ago. Our anniversary visit this year was as pleasurable as before. Dorothee the landlady sets a delicious table and provides personal recommendations on local restaurants and attractions. Our room was spotless and featured a king size bed, hot tub, and flat screen TV. The little extras are great, as well. Our room had a coffee pot, bath herbs, and bathrobes. There are common areas in both the main houses on the property (both over a hundred years old). The furnishings are gorgeous and Dorothee provides a decanter of port, fruit, and cookies (not to mention delicious homemade ice tea), available all day. We plan to make the Garden and Sea Inn a regular part of our anniversaries.