All hotels in New Church, Virginia, United States of America
4188 Nelson Road, New Church, VA, 23415, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Beautiful accommodations with lots of amenities."
My daughter and I enjoyed our one night stay at this beautiful Victorian B&B. The gardens and grounds are very appealing. Hummingbirds were common around the flowering plants. There is the main inn and another guest house where snacks and drinks are available all day. We did not use the pool but it was very inviting. A tremendous effort has obviously gone into making this inn an attractive and welcoming lodging. The breakfast was surprisingly mediocre for a B&B, but all in all the experience was very worthwhile.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Rosalyn
"Dorothy is a WONDERFUL host! all staff are!"
Dorothy was so kind to me when I unknowingly let the shower leak onto the floor. She let me know so gently, and without blame, that the downstairs rooms had noticed a leak.... she let me know that she cleaned it up the next morning and not to worry. I felt terrible and she gave me a hug and said not to worry. I know that had to be a challenge and possibly costly, to clean up. If you stay in the Attic room, make sure you keep the shower curtain inside the bathtub. The staff (Michelle) was also wonderful and helpful at breakfast!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
alice
"Highly Recommend!!!"
This place was amazing! The food went way beyond expectation. I'm vegan and I'm used to fruit salad and black coffee for breakfast so I was over the moon when I was getting open faced breakfast sandwiches and PANCAKES!!! The rooms were beautiful and the grounds are spacious. Chincoteague island is like 10 minutes away.
2 night romance trip Mar 8, 2014
Melaina
"lovely stay"
We had a lovely stay. The pluses include a beautiful room with a terrific hot tub, and a nicely furnished guest common area. Pretty grounds and a warm hostess welcome were pluses as well.Meals were superb. Things to watch. Be prepared to invest driving time to see Chincoteague since there is really nothing to see within walking distance.. Also, the attic room is not suitable for most adult couples. We were lucky to be able to upgrade after arrivals since otherwise the low ceilings would have made the room unpleasant. Probably just right for kids. Overall a good value and we will likely go back.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2013
jeff h
"very nice B&B. Great owner, staff and food."
Place had been upgraded since last time we were there and they were going to do even more. Owner was very nice as was the staff. Food was great. Had some new dishes and nice twists on old favorites. This will be my choice of place to stay when we return to the area. PS Great value!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"Nice B&B"
We had a very plesant stay. It was between the Virginia side and Maryland side of Chincoteague. Perfect location for us. Michelle, one of the staff members was more then helpful and very pleasant. Also a wealth of information about the area. The room was clean, had an old fashioned bathtub, small fridge. A separate building had snacks for guests (homemade cookies, yum) amung other selections, a small stove, dinner ware and a fridge. They also had a BBQ and a built in pool, a zen garden. The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious. We stayed four nights and had a different breakfast each day. The only down side was that it is not within walking distance to a town center for shops or resturants.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Amazing B&B!!"
Garden and the Sea B&B was amazing! Dorothee and Thomas made us feel at home immediately. The grounds are beautiful, peaceful and relaxing, there is a great pool Our room was perfect, we stayed in the attic room, it was clean, cozy and comfortable. The bathroom was across the hall, it was clean, had a huge claw foot tub and everything else you need. The homemade breakfast was scrumptious. Dorothee was able to give us many great recommendations for food and activities. The B&B is located very conveniently to great sites, and convenient shopping. I highly recommend Garden and the Sea B&B, and we can't wait to go back!
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2013
Helen
"A great place for a vacation."
Doro was out working in the yard when I arrived, Thomas came out to meet me in the gravel parking lot. Friendly folks. I asked for breakfast a bit earlier than they're used to. I asked for a vegan breakfast. They accommodated me in both cases -- deliciously in the second case. The room is very B&B which hurts my head a bit, but if Victorian chairs, flowery wallpaper, and doilies are you thing, then this place is your dream. Nice common area with games, books, DVDs, sodas, & snacks, but I stayed in my room. No desk (though a small cafe table did the job), not many power outlets, and generally not a good place for business. The WiFi wasn't bad, but the 19" CRT TV didn't suit my needs. Of course, if you're there on vacation with family, you probably wont mind it. However the room was nice, with a cozy gas fireplace, and a comfortable wicker sleigh bed. In nice weather you could sit in the many comfortable chairs on the porches, under the trees, or by the pool. It was cold and rainy when I stayed. Next time I'm in town, hopefully I'll get to experience the B&B's charm a bit more.
3 night business trip Feb 24, 2013
SiD
We stayed in the Chantilly Room for two nights. The room was very nice. Definitely not the room for you if you can't climb into a deep tub (also the shower). It does state that on the website. The Inn is about 20 minutes from Chincoteague, so be aware that there is nothing nearby. They are dog friendly, too! Loved the port and the snacks provided in the Garden House. We did not use the pool, but it looked very nice. We will visit here again because we love Chincoteague.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2012
Ellis
"nice old victorian"
The building was very nice and the owners were very warm and inviting.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2012
"Lovely B&B with great hosts, wonderful breakfast!"
The owners and employees are wonderful - friendly and helpful without being overbearing, and they have gone out of their way to everything to help their guests enjoy their stays. Breakfast was great. It was also very nice to be able to make tea and coffee and then enjoy it with the cookies and other snacks provided when we wished. In general, there were so many thoughtful conveniences provided, including towels for the pool and beach (and pets if relevant), cold bottled water any time, and helpful tips re: restaurant and entertainment options. For us, the only negatives related to the bathroom water and shower facility. The water, particularly from the sink, had a pronounced 'old metal' smell strong enough that it lingered briefly on your skin, and the rather small claw footed tub fitted with an add-on shower fixture and clingy plastic all-around shower curtain made for a less than ideal shower experience. Just mentioning this in case it would also be a concern for other travelers, but it might not be troubling at all to some guests and also may not be true for all rooms. We stayed in the Nelson room.
Other trip Aug 19, 2012
SB

"Great B&B - would stay there again"
We stayed 3 nights. The presentation was very good and the owners are very friendly and helpful. It is in a good location - close to the highway and visitors centre for Virginia and Maryland but not right on the main road. Beautiful large garden with pool to relax in. The fully cooked breakfasts were very good indeeed. My only problem was the shower over the bath in our room (room called Nelson). I would not recommend that room for elderly people as the bath is a high, narrow claw bath and so getting out is a bit difficult. Other rooms probably had a different shower set up. Highly recommended.
Other trip Aug 5, 2012
Lindsey

"Tolles Anwesen"
Wir hatten den Sandpiper Room". Das Zimmer ist sehr und gemütlich eingerichtet. Wir hatten sogar einen Wirlpool. Der Salon war ausgesprochen gemütlich. Wir hatten sogar Gebäck mit Tee oder Kaffee und Sherry. Das Frühstück war lecker und reichhaltig. Man spricht Deutsch. Wir würden gerne jederzeit wiederkommen.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2013
Heinrich
DE
2 night trip Aug 11, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Garden and the Sea B&B Inn

"Anniversary Treat! Score 1 for Hubby!"
06/30/15 TravellinVal Virginia Beach, Virginia
Found this Place, looking for a room in Chincoteague. Easy to book, and very easy to find. At first glance, buildings are being worked on. Once checked in, toured by the Very pleasant and informative Dorothee, we were shown to the "Lighthouse room" WHAT A TREAT! - VERY comfortable and clean, as well as well-furnished and a wonderful bathroom. Even though this wasn't in our actual destination, I am so glad I found it! Breakfast was superb, and the dining area was very roomy and also well-appointed. This was a BIG win for me - Anniversary Score!! Thank you Dorothee!
"Return visit to Garden and Sea!"
06/28/15 Sarah A Charleston, South Carolina
This was not our first visit to the dog friendly Garden and Sea Inn. We had previously arrived with snow on the ground and were welcomed like long lost friends. We only stayed one night and breakfast was delivered on a tray the next morning because the breakfast room was still being worked on. This road trip we stayed two nights and were in the same room which has everything you need, updated and spacious, with a large double vanity in the spotless bathroom. The towels and bed are luxurious. The building is in the garden and has a shared parlor with a small kitchen supplied with snacks and sherry. The pool outside was very inviting and we had it to ourselves. Dorothy and her staff were friendly, professional and extremely helpful with suggestions and directions for places to go, with information sheets or brochures on what you need. Breakfast was very substantial with lots of choices. My husband and dog enjoyed the peaceful porch and I am sure we will be back on our next road trip north through the eastern shore of Virginia.
"Relaxing stay with Excellent Breakfast"
06/27/15 Jeremy T Naperville, Illinois, United States
My wife and I stayed for a weekend in the Chantilly Room and absolutely loved our stay. The Jacuzzi in the room was great and the inns distance from Chincoteague was perfect for daytime activities. The breakfast was absolutely amazing and we will definitely come back to stay at Dorothee and Thomas' beautiful inn!
"A comfortable, quiet B & B"
06/23/15 gibble63 Charlottesville, Virginia
We stayed June 18 and 19th. Dorothy and the staff were so kind, warm and helpful. The Garden and the Sea B & B is close to the beach but also far enough away that you are not in all the tourist trap of the beach area. The grounds are lovely to walk in, the pool was great for a dip and we stayed in the Champagne room which was very spacious. Also, we had wonderful breakfasts each day!
"Peaceful B&B with friendly staff."
06/13/15 Sid T Alexandria, Virginia
We spent a long weekend here and found the grounds quiet and relaxing. Our room was the size of a large one-bedroom apt minus the kitchen (Cabernet), and was decorated nicely. The free Wi-Fi worked well as did the coffee maker, the mini-refrigerator, the Jacuzzi tub and the shower,. The bed was very comfortable, the A/C was strong, and I enjoyed the gourmet breakfasts. Service was excellent from all the staff. Easy access to Chincoteague. We liked visiting the quaint town of Onancock, it was like going back to another era. We also shopped at every-day chain stores in Pocomoke as needed (Wal-mart, etc.). A local indoor/outdoor flea market just North had a lot of yard-sale type items and a few treasures. We enjoyed meeting friendly and down-home authentic Eastern shore residents there.
"Great weekend "
06/05/15 Carolyn H
We spent the weekend here and had a wonderful time. The room was clean and full of natural light, the grounds are beautiful and the food was delicious. We spent time relaxing and reading on the front porch of the guest house. Each morning we had a gourmet breakfast served by the friendly staff. Great location with access to all the sites we wanted to see, Tangier Island, Chicoteague, and Wallops Island. The hosts recommended great places to eat and we weren't disappointed. We would highly recommend this inn as a place to stay on the Eastern shores.
"Fantastic B&B!!!"
05/08/15 Amberlee16 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
If you are looking for a fabulous getaway, look no further! This Bed and Breakfast is fantastic. There are 3 houses to choose from, we stayed in the main house where breakfast is served (except in the winter). The room was gorgeous, the bed very comfortable and the double jacuzzi bath a treat! Breakfast was a gormet delight each morning, even working with my gluten free issues. (Just be sure to let them know when you book so they can be sure to have unique and delicious items for you). The homemade yogurt, fresh squeezed juices and fruit as well as a main course are served in an elegant dining area. I felt so pampered! We were close to all the things we wanted to do from Chincoteague Island and the NASA Wallops center to the Ocean shore. The owner suggested a visit to the "coolest city" of Berlin, MD where we stopped at the Hotel Atlantic (also on her suggestion) for a great lunch. It was a little early for sitting in the lovely gardens, but the flowers were beginning to bloom and the window areas in the dining room were lovely to look out of. The perfect place to relax after a day or two of roaming the area. I hope we can stay again soon.
"A Gem of a Romantic B&B!"
03/09/15 Heronhouse16316 Pungoteague, Virginia
Who would have thought one could find a gem of a romantic B&B in New Church, half way between the Bay and the sea on Virginia's Eastern Shore? Certainly not me, and I live here on the Eastern Shore! But in searching for a near-by Inn to celebrate a special occasion, I came upon the Garden and Sea B&B, and because the photos and accompanying descriptions on their Web pages looked very enticing, I thought I would give it a try. Wow! Being off-season with snow still on the ground, we had a choice of a couple of rooms. It was so hard to pick, but when we go back, as surely we shall, we'll reserve the room we chose -- the Champagne Room, with its really comfortable brass bed, a gas fireplace, bathroom with double sink and a huge Jacuzzi, a refrigerator for the champagne... Downstairs was the sitting room with cookies, soft drinks, and -- can you believe it? -- a decanter of port!! That's where we had breakfast: perfecto;y prepared French toast with Mascapone and strawberries, a fresh fruit cup, fresh-sqeezed orange juice, homemade bread, just-brewed coffee. It was incredible! I wonder what the Inn looks like in Spring when all the beds are in bloom and the trees in blossom; magical, I bet. Must go and see...
02/26/15 Slapphapi
I went there this past weekend, during the off season and had the most pleasant stay. The staff was wonderful and attentive. The room was so charming and warm feeling. I will definitely be going back in the spring.
"Charming Country Inn on the Eastern Shore"
02/08/15 John_Rotruck Washington DC, District of Columbia
Although not necessarily adjacent to anything else on the eastern shore, this attractive and comfortable inn is centrally located between Berlin, MD, and Virginia attractions such as Chincoteague and Assagteauge Islands and Onancock.