All hotels in Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada
801 Main Street SE, Slave Lake, AB, T0G2A0, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.8

It was very nice. I would like to see non-smoking away from smoking rooms. Our room had a very strong smoke smell as well as the hallway
Response by Travelodge Hotel Slave Lake
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us and we are glad to see you enjoyed your stay! I apologize regarding the smoke smell issue and we are taking the fall to start to transition our smoking rooms to try and avoid this in the future. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
Annie
"Good hotel"
Good but lots of places inside smell like cigarette smoke. Otherwise it was ok.
Response by Travelodge Hotel Slave Lake
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to respond. We appreciate the feedback regarding the smoking smell due to the smoking rooms, and we do hope you will stay with us again in the future. Sincerely, Sherry Blake General Manager
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
"Smoke"
The room was supposed to be non-smoking. It stank, it smelled like someone was smoking in the room with me.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Yuck"
Ive stayed here many times and each time it's pretty gross. This last time, there was huge dust bunnies, stuck to an already dirty ceiling, blowing in the wind from the 1970's heater. Disgusting.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
"Rough looking place"
Upon unloading alone as it was getting dark, I was approached by an inebriated native asking me if I had an extra shoe as he only was wearing the one..his g/f bugging me for smokes and for a ride to the reserve. The screen of my big window was tour and the screen frame was pulled out some. It was quite a scary feeling. I was also on the far end of hotel were entrance was not lit up making my unloading that much more insecure. Breakfast was ok but no attendant around for question I need to ask.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Sound
"Pretty good place, little complaints."
The hotel was pretty good with some very minor complaints. The AC/Heater was not working very well and ran all the time, but it didn't keep me up or cause any real concerns. The breakfast buffet leaves a bit to be desired, but it was a hot meal at 6:00 am, so how can you complain about that. For the price of the stay, I was completely satisfied for what I got. I would have no problem staying there again. I was there for 5 nights end of Sep start of Oct.
5 night trip Sep 28, 2014
"Great !"
Good Service
3 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
"Handy to work place"
Hotel that is in real need of renovations hasn't been kept up I didn't feel it was dirty just run down and tired
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"I had a very good stay. Nice large room"
I had a great time. Friendly staff and food very good
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Anna O
I was there for work for the money one of the best
3 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
"Got What We Paid For"
The hotel was fine. Beds were comfortable, bed linens were nice, breakfast was good. The hotel in General is pretty tired. Very stained carpet in the hallways, old carpet, windows, furnishings in the room. Room was non-smoking although smelt like 20 years of stale smoke. Noisy air conditioner - at least it worked 😊
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Lee
Upon my arrival at the front desk. The clerk could not find my confirmation number. I booked a room with 2 queen size beds, online, from BC. She tried to give me a room with 2 single beds. She said it was the same thing. I told her "No" I did not pay for a room with 2 single beds, I want a room with 2 queen beds. I was given a room where the water had been shut off. And the carpet was still wet from being shampooed. I found this to be an inconvenience. On the upside, the housekeeping staff were great!
5 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
"Nice Hotel close to where I was meeting"
The buffet breakfast was excellant. The room was well kept.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Erin
"Decent for what you pay"
Great included breakfast and big rooms.
2 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
"Quiet & Relaxing"
The hotel was very quiet and convenient for our purpose. The room was somewhat small but very clean. Think the beds need to be updated, very uncomfortable after a nights sleep. Kudos to the hotel for eliminating the odor of previous smokers, our request for a smoking room was appreciated, great job of the hotel. One note is that maybe the ceilings need to be looked at as our room looked like there were blood stains spattered over the entire room...makes you wonder what happened in prior to our stay. Food lacked some taste and timing.
2 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Perry&Kim
The Travelodge Hotel in Slave Lake was a good night sleep. The hotel does not have an elevator so it was a bit tricky to get all of our bags into our room on the second floor. But the staff was friendly and helpful. All of out lights were out in our room, but after a call to the front desk we had someone there right away to fix the problem. Overall, it was good quality for the money spent.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Average hotel close to the hockey arena"
I booked with Expedia which was excellent BUT... When I got to the hotel, I quickly checked in & noticed my room was smoking, I complained & all the lady said was that's all we have left, I tried telling her I have an email with my itinerary & this isn't what I requested? She basically passed me off & sent me on my way. So I was off to the arena, (my reason for the stay) & when I returned late that night, my room was a smoking one, with 1 queen bed & a pull out sofa bed. My itinerary called for a no smoking room with 2 queen beds. I complained & the staff moved me to another room that was no smoking but had 2 double beds. Inconvenient for us as my husband is a large man & we barely fit on 1 bed. They had no more rooms to accommodate us. Although the lady staff was trying to be helpful. I was perturbed that what I booked on Expedia wasn't what I got... And I wasn't comped in any way by the hotel Manager either...
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Sonya
"Older facility"
Showing its age, carpets stained and worn, some unknown odours. Room was clean, beds comfortable. Checkout was painful, they tried to charge us for the room which was prepaid thru Expedia.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
"Short stay, good hotel"
Hotel was older, met all my needs, staff friendly, affordable rate
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Good hotel, very good food"
An older hotel but still in good condition. The staff was friendly and the room spacious and comfortable. I ate supper in the lounge (10% off for hotel guests) and enjoyed a very good complimentary hot breakfast the next morning.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2013
"There are better . . ."
Although nothing was really terrible about this place, there are much better nearby for the price point or slightly higher.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Basic hotel"
Plain room and low price. Hotel was fine for a one night stop over but would not have wanted to have a long stay there.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Farmnski
"Overnight stay."
Just needed a place to stay overnight. Was good for our needs.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Bad Bed"
Almost everything was good or great . Breakfast was fabulous. Shower was good. The Front Desk staff were great. The Parking lot was dirty, needs to be swept and the paper and garbage needed to be picked up outside as well as the grass needed to be cut. Staff were really friendly and knowledgeable about Town amenities. The beds were way to hard, we got almost no sleep except for the sleeping pills we had to take. This is not acceptable!! The latch on the outside door to the parking lot was broken, allowing access to anyone at anytime, negating the need for a combination lock.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2013
Tim P.
"Northwest Inn, Slave Lake, Alberta"
Enjoyable surroundings and comfortable room.Room did exhibit some long term wear and tear, however. Friendly staff. Excellent complimentary hot breakfast provided. Easily walkable, a few minutes, to downtown or to new shopping center on Highway 2. Quiet.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
AL
"Place to stay if stuck."
The carpet was very dirty,beds very uncomforable and the place smells like tobacco smoke. This is more like a working camp for construction workers not a hotel to visit on a holiday.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
The hotel is older, but the room was clean. The front desk staff were hopeless though. They did not know how to bill the room since it was booked and paid for through Hotels.com and the breakfast was nothing to write home about. This is a good hotel if you are just looking for someplace to sleep, but don't expect much else.
1 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2013
"Big room, friendly service"
I was there 3 nights and was impressed with my stay. Brought my dog ($10 extra per night - not bad!) and he was barking the first day while I was at work so the front desk lady actually volunteered to watch him for me the next day!! She took him out for the day with her dog and he loved it. That's definitely going above and beyond for great service!! The room was big and clean but not fancy. Restaurant has a nice patio and food is good.
3 night business trip Jul 17, 2013
Nathan
"poor house keeping. poor servicr"
Bathroom was disgusting, refused to use. No one at front counter for over 10 mins when trying to check in. Air conditioning was broken. Would not recommend.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2013
"northwest inn"
every thing was good . but since the hotel has both smoking and non smoking I booked a non smoking room but it still had a bad smell of smoke in it . other than that the room was very clean
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Northwest Inn Slave Lake"
The staff were friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was decent and not overpriced. The lobby area needs an update, carpets are dirty. The room was outdated but clean.
3 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2013
SLC
"Decent place great price"
Booked online and saved lots, stay was good but breakfast sucked, talked to other guest said it was just the cook that day though. Overall I would be back for sure.
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2013
"Clean and Basic"
A bit old school but if your looking for a basic clean room its good.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"Nice Place"
Some wear on the exterior, but the rooms are decent. Front desk staff was very helpful.
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
"not impressed"
This hotel is only fit for work crew personnel where amenities and cleanliness are not considered as a condition of importance. The room was dirty, the walls were in bad condition and the bathroom ceiling was non-existent. Leave your shoes on and sleep in your clothes, discard them in the morning. Anyone expecting anything more should avoid this hotel like the plague! Hotels .com should not list this hotel as an option.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
3 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
3 night business trip Feb 22, 2014
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Travelodge Hotel Slave Lake

"Don't change your mind about staying here...it will cost you."
10/01/14 Heli B
We stay at hotels all over the country while fighting forest fires and our plans are prone to changing often. Fortunately most places are very understanding, but not here. We booked two rooms at this hotel and as luck would have it plans changed, we tried to cancel our rooms with-in the hour of booking them and NO WAY would they let us. Their policy is no cancellations with-in 24 hours of booking so we ended up paying for the hotel rooms in Slave Lake that night which were empty. Thanks a lot for supporting the people that fight forest fires.
"Very friendly Staff and Great Value"
09/22/14 Pradeep N Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
I am a northern lake college student and I needed to book room so that can attend my classes. I needed 40 nights plus to book. I am in my student budget and was a bit worried for not been able to afford it. I expressed this to one of the staff member at the front desk. She instantly understand me and took cares of me. She offer with discount prize and it fall into within my budget. She was also very friendly and caring. She made my day and I am very happy.
08/20/14 J_Rome Ottawa
Spent 1 night here during a travelling holiday. It offered the best deal of all the nearby accommodations. Breakfast was included; it was ok and certainly better than having to go offsite for food. The room was clean and may have been renovated, according to previous reviews. I would have no qualms about staying there again.
"great for the price!"
08/17/14 Mrs_Tommylicious Fort McMurray, Canada
We booked our room through hotels.com and got a good rate. The lady who worked there was very friendly. We had our dogs with us and the room was a good size. The hotel needs some updating, mainly the carpets. The huge water stain on the ceiling in our room looked like bad water damage. But overall the room was nice and clean, good mattress and lots of pillows :)
"Had a good stay here!"
07/23/14 Jon W Toronto
Had a suite provided by the North Country Fair when we stayed here. I had my own room which was large and clean. Carpeting and furniture was dated but I don't really mind. No breakfast/pools/facilities except for a Gym here and also didn't bother to eat at the restaurant. (There's a boston pizza and grocery store across the street.) Bed was comfortable and I slept pretty well each night. No complaints and it was a solid place to stay.
"Good Addition in Slave Lake"
02/12/14 David J Edmonton, Canada
I am a Wyndham member and I am happy to see Travelodge in Slave Lake. I have stayed in this hotel when it was Northwest Inn. I have noticed lot of improvements after the conversion of this hotel to Travelodge. I like the most is the new bedding and my Wyndham points. Staff is polite and service is good. Me and my crew will keep staying in this hotel.
"Got worse after they switched to travelodge!"
02/08/14 Danboudreau
I've been staying on and off at this hotel since November. The restaurant service is horrid, several times i've eaten there the waitress forgot that I even ordered. The servers seem to only cater to the drunks with tip money. Almost none of the plug ins outside work, so beware if you have work equipment. Its fairly run down and the free wifi is a joke at 200-500Kbps compared to the normal broadband speed of 10-15mbps. We've decided to not use travelodge anymore after this stay. I couldn't be happier to leave this hotel.
"Terrible - stay away !!!"
07/15/13 SusanM643 Edmonton, Canada
I booked this hotel for a weekend visit to Slave Lake. We arrived there late on Friday night and clearly the hotel was deserted with very few cars in the parking lot (first warning sign). Upon check-in, I asked for a non-smoking room, got the room key. As soon as we opened the hallway door to the wing, we were hit with overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. Without even going back to our room, i went back to the front desk and confirmed that I had a non-smoking room. She said, yes no problem after checking the computer. We then went to our room and noticed right away an ashtray on the table. By this time it was 11pm and 2 kids that were half asleep so we decided to try to make the best of it. Woke up next day feeling terrible as if having slept in a smoke filled room. When we complained at the front desk, they wouldn't give us our $$ back but offered to upgrade us to a suite... we checked it out and it seemed fine (non smoking). It had a pull out couch in addition to the King bed. When we returned to the room later that evening and tried to set up the bed, we discovered it was broken. Calling the front desk, they informed us that they knew it was broken and offered to bring up 2 cots which they did rather promptly. *** if you are a non smoker, beware this hotel has an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. everything is old and run down, carpet is old and needs a good cleaning, wallpaper was peeling, bed was being held up by a block of wood, breakfast was horrible, very old TV had only 1 channel we could find; walls in bathroom need repair, STAY AWAY !!!
"Not bad"
07/14/13 Mike L Jaffray B.C.
Stayed here for over a month, the food was actually pretty good, my room was a good size. Could have used an updated TV. Took a few rooms before I found one that didn't smell like smoke. Breakfast was alright, eggs were fake.
"Good for the price."
06/09/13 Riverviewpines Grande Prairie, Canada
Booked two rooms for two nights through Expidia, for the Northern Lakes Nursing Grad. Check in was a breeze. Our rooms OK, an older weathered property, try as they might to mask the cigarette smoke, it's still there. Room satisfactory, bed old and achy on the back. Decent bathroom, lots of shower pressure. Fridge, microwave and ancient, blurry tube TV, ..... playoff special, very hard to make out the puck. No screens on the window, the heater / AC unit made a continual gurrgling noise. Quiet though. Tried the lounge for a drink and meal, very slow, terrible steak, all in all, bad bar food. So bad in fact, it scared us off their breakfast, with A&W and McDonalds being across the street, we opted for "tried and tested fare". in the mornings. I think should I return to Slave Lake, I would pay the extra for a newer establishment. Seemed Expidia offered way less than was there.