All hotels in Bantry, Ireland

Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
"don't - don't"
obviously designed for conferences, this hotel should not be used for other intentions. while the staff was pleasant, the amenities were lacking. the linens and shower curtain in the rooms were stained, you had to go all the way to the bar to get a glass of ice, and the bathroom had obviously been tiled over without the old first - making for a claustrophobic shower. the only thing it had in abundance was noise - the walls carried sound from three rooms away.
1 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
Room was comfortable. There were tour buses & some crowds to deal with at times, but it served the purpose for the night.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

This hotel is in the process of being updated. A good hotel in which to expore the local area.
2 night romance trip Apr 1, 2016
Ciaran
"Average hotel"
Room 308 was one of the poorest rooms I've ever stayed in . It's very old ,furniture ,carpet ,paint all very dated ..needs a huge renovation
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2016
Philip
We were staying in Bantry for just one night to visit a friend and to be honest didn't explore the hotel that much but the main lobby was nice and the front desk staff were lovely. We were offered to upgrade to a deluxe room for €20 which we did. While walking to our room the hallway looked a little tired until we passed through a door to the deluxe rooms. The hallway here had brand new carpets and was freshly painted and the room itself was the same everything was brand new and clearly just renovated
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2016
"great hotel and staffe"
had a great night with the show band show have been in hotel many times lovely hotel very helpful staffe looking forward 2 going back for gina and champons in march great food got our braftast in bed no extra charge as there were a little bit late comming 2 room with it but we are not fussy staffe will help u in any way stayed in cottages over christmas as hotel was closed very helping staffe in every way
1 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2016
dolores
"Beautiful location"
Pleasant enough as a 1 night stop over but I understand a big makeover due by the end of March. Great position and friendly staff
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
jerry
"Reasonably priced but needs updating"
Basic and somewhat dated rooms but clean and very reasonably priced. We only had breakfast which was only ok, not much choice for a vegetarian. Good value for what we got, as we just needed an overnight room for a wedding.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
I was very disappointed I had to cut short my stay by one night as during our fist night's stay I got very ill during the early hours of the morning with severe fever and as it turned out severe kidney infection. Your night porter was very helpful to my husband and contacted southdoc for me. I had to go to the Medical Centre down near the Maritime Hotel the following morning and left for home after that, do hopefully we will be able to make a return visit to you sometime soon.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Jeannette
My wife and I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel room was comfortable and clean and staff very friendly and helpful the grounds were lovely and location great about 20 minutes walk to bantry town. With lovely views of bantry bay while having breakfast in the restaurant
3 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
"Happy with our stay"
We had a lovely time. . The hotel is a good central base to travel to all the villages in the area . The hotel was spotlessly clean ,beds very comfortable ,staff very helpful , all the facilities you could need and very family friendly . It is quite old in decoration which they working on at the moment . Beautiful gardens ..I could go on :)
3 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
"Faded classic hotel."
Good Clean basic room perfect for requirements, very faded and needs attention. Put in room in the middle of what appeared to be 3 family rooms together booked all around, the went in and out of the 3 rooms until 1.30am talking, banging doors and laughing. very hard to sleep. should not have been in the middle of this booking. Non flushing toiled was repaired immediately
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Eamonn
"Hotel close to Bantry town. Lovely walk from Hotel"
Reception area lovely and receptionists very nice. Given a disability room. Inside the room the only way I can describe it was like having your garden shed in the room with you which inside this was the en suite. The style of a garden shed on the outside with wood over lapping was exactly what this was like. The shower handle was all rust. Couldn't open the window it was nailed down with the handles falling off. There was also cobwebs in the corners. When I needed to pull the curtains I had to pull a small single bed out from the wall to get the curtain pulled. There was absolutely no ventilation in the room and there was no fan or anything in the so called ensuite either. No toilet roll holder. 1 half used toilet roll and 1 full left sitting on the back of the toilet. Carpets very badly stained. No stopper in sink either. My one question was I didn't know how anyone with a disability was going to get to reception, there was no lift to go up and it was stairs up and then stairs down and then a long walk across a corridor and then stairs down again to reception. There was an exit door open at all times on our corridor which was probably to take away the damp smell. but no security. There was 1 double socket in room and 1 of these was for the TV which only had 1 station. There seems to be two parts to this hotel and I was given a room in the old part
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Marie
"Nice place to stay in the west of Ireland"
Nice and Quiet area and nice location
1 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"breaktime"
i went with my grandson for one night ,the room was tight with a buggy and a bit shabby ,was clean ,went for walks in area was beautiful ,dinner etc was very good ,staff very friendly ,have stayed here before .
1 night trip Jun 19, 2015
Room was a bit small but the staff were lovely! The bar was very small but sat outside on a balcony area and was lovely!
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Enjoyable stay"
The stay at the hotel was great. We loved the gym & pool. The room was clean, spacious and well equipped. The only con was the access to the internet which is limited to the lobby &leisure part of the hotel. Other than that, we would recommend.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Very Disapointed"
The water for the shower wasn't constant one minute it was freezing cold next boiling hot water then freezing again etc The bar man was very rude. At about half 2 in the morning we were woken by a party of young adults leaving the grounds of the hotel were very noisy this went on for about an hour . We found out later there was a night club on the ground which wasn't advertised on their page.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"A home from home"
Very nice, very clean and great staff. Very good centre for touring Cork and Kerry.
1 night trip May 9, 2015
Paddy
"Bantry"
Enjoyed my stay hotel is old but very friendly staff and good food
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Cycle against suicide stay"
Great stay. Music in bar. Lovely
1 night trip with friends May 4, 2015
"A good bet for families"
A clean and inexpensive 3 star. Some of it needs modernising but this already looks to be under way. Very clean, nice grub (the usual suspects though)and the pool area is impressive. It is a very child friendly hotel and the staff were very accomodating. Recommended.
2 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Nice hotel in need of refurbishment"
This is a nice hotel with plenty of parking, the staff were helpful and friendly and food in restaurant and at breakfast was good. Room was clean enough but decor is very dated now. Not normally an issue with myself but room did smell a bit, which is probably down to the old carpets. I would stay there again but the Mrs wouldn't.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Relaxing Westlodge"
Very lovely friendly staff; they make the place. Hotel needs upgrade in places; the changing rooms for the leisure centre need a good scrub; mould on ceiling & walls; beautiful location, facilities are great. Relaxed atmosphere. Good bar food; great breakfast. Great brown bread; eggs & sausages! Left energised & refreshed. Great value for.money
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"nice comfortable hotel,bedrooms need updating ."
bad experience with so many children running around and around the dining room and the lovely reception area,no staff member semed concerned about the chaos or the saftey of the children or lack of parent supervision .it was a pity as nice hotel otherwise ,can be family friendly without the absolute chaos.I am very tolerant of children as I work with chldren .
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
mags
"Basic with good staff and food."
Staff and food were very good. The Hotel itself, while clean and reasonably comfortable is very dated and could do with a good makeover. Location is about 2.5km to 3 km out of centre of Bantry and not the 1km advertised. However, taxis are very reasonable and readily available - €5 per car each way. Price, in my view, is above what the Hotel is worth.
1 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2015
"Clean but outdated"
Hotel is outdated but cheap. Clean.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"comfortable, cosy and welcoming."
good welcoming bright hotel..spacious and well maintained...great setting...crisp white linen on beds and nice breakfast...would stay here again...
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
catherine
While clean and tidy, the rooms were a bit dated. Over all the service was very good. We would say there again, good value for money.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
jimmy
This hotel is quite lovely, as I like the older style. The standard was excellent for me and the people at the desk were very friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be that it took a very long time for the water in the shower to become hot enough.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"lovely hotel"
enjoy my stay but i would have liked if there was a kettle in the room to make a cup of tea
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
mary
Basic accommodation could do with being updated but other than that it's fine
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Noisy Wedding Guests"
Room Fine Long wait for meal in bar as wedding guests had to be served. middle of night wedding guests returning to rooms extremely noisy and woke us up
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
Corker
"Weekend visit for a wedding"
Sadly we found the hotel to be soulless and tired. The bar had live music playing on Friday night and as a guest I tried to persuade people into the bar to listen to give the bar some atmosphere. The music was not advertised in the lounge and we were not advised of it by the Reception staff. That said the Reception staff were great, friendly helpful and efficient. The carpets required replacement, the bathroom had no working extraction and was dark as were the corridors to our accommodation. To access our room on the first floor we had to go via the second floor which was peculiar. Breakfast was not well laid out and one felt almost guilty selecting and requesting items as my experience is people wish to serve themselves. Someone at the front of the buffet assisting as opposed to serving would be a better option. We opted to stay at this hotel as the write up appeared to offer us accommodation in line with the Maritime Hotel but at a better rate. Subsequent to our stay it become obvious this was not the case. We now wish we had paid the extra and stayed at the Maritime.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Jacqui
Hotel needs an overhaul. Attention to detail in rooms badly needed Staff very good. Breakfast very good
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
"Dated hotel"
This resort property needs an overhaul. No wifi service in the rooms and marginal service in the lobby area. Depending on where your room is, you may have to lug your bag up a flight of stairs. The rooms were dated and a bit shabby.
1 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2014
Ian M.
"basic but friendly hotel"
reasonable hotel; rooms adequate and not uncomfortable; friendly staff; reasonable and generous breakfast but no fresh fruit; room had facilities for making tea & instant coffee; bathroom only had tiny handbasin. Not a luxury stay.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
A
"Lovely Hotel"
We had a lovely stay. Hotel is in a perfect location for sightseeing. Our room was clean and comfy. Breakfast was delicious and are planning on returning in the near future. Would definitely recommend.
2 night trip May 29, 2014
"Take your pyjamas"
The hotel is in a good location. The room was big with a spider and spiderwebs above the bed. The bed covers had little hairs and crumbs. We have our suspicions that the bed covers were not changed as they were not very clean so it's best to take your pyjamas. Also when the bar closes you'll hear your neighbours in the first and fifth floors, every single bang of the door, so take your ear plugs if you go to sleep early. We liked the pool, it was very cozy. Good price.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Antanas
"Nice looking hotel"
All very deceptive, the rooms are very dated and shabby. Beds and pillows very hard and uncomfortable, the reception area is nice, but freezing cold, and this is the only place to get wifi. The staff are excellent and friendly, probably the best assets of this hotel.
Other trip May 9, 2014
angie
"Need improvement"
The rooms are what let's this hotel down. There was a layer of dust on the dresser in mine and my friend had to wear flip flops in the shower it was that bad. Staff were lovley. Pitty about the place though.
2 night trip with friends May 3, 2014
Seamus
"perfect location great staff a bit updated"
was great overall just thought that the romms were a litle updated.
2 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
Roger
"Good facilities and friendly staff..."
Travelling on business, I have simple requirements which were all met: Clean room, tea and coffee, restaurant onsite, swimming pool (to use if you have the energy), breakfast of your choice, lots of parking and professional staff.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
Jo
"The Hotel Room"
The hotel in itself was ok but the room was very dated and old fashioned. Little things like lightning was poor. Also no toilet paper holders and the unhygienic looking bath mat that we were required to use was very off putting. Other than the room I did not enjoy the breakfast and even though I only had one sausage beans and toast I was charged a full 10 euro for the breakfast which I thought was unfair. The staff however well lovely and I could not fault the cleanliness of the room as it was spotless. I also had dinner at the hotel which was lovely. Overall Id give it 5 out of 10 and that's because of the staff the surrounding area was gorgeous to look at
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
Trisha
I t was excellent. The staff were really friendly, helpful and courteous and we will definitely recommend this hotel to all our family and friends. It was nice to meet such pleasant people, both staff and guests.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2013
o mhurchu
staff were very friendly, pool was lovely and the hotel was within walking distance to Bantry, overall pretty good
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2013
mgt newman
The hotel is comfortable, though oldstyle. Very family friendly. Staff were courteous and helpful. I had dinner in the bar one evening and was not impressed. Overall it is a middle of the road hotel which is adequate and convenient to the town.
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2013
Angela
"don't recommend this hotel"
Person who received us at reception was unfriendly. Very noisy during night. The hair dryer was spitting fire. The restaurant does not open until 9 AM on sunday. We had to leave at 7 AM. No place to hang things in the bathroom. toilet did not flush properly
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
sushil
"Modest hotel, but good value and location."
Well, breakfast was good - lots of it. On day one we got coffee/tea brought to the table, but that service disappeared on the second and third days. Thought the "music" in the hall was dire - nobody was clapping either. The shower in our room only ran while the bath was filling up (the switching valve was defective). The room had not been made up by the time we returned at 3pm on the second day. The staff were friendly and helpful - and when asked for a fish restaurant in town gave us not only the one owned by the hotelier, but also a good up-market restaurant where we ate twice.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Sean
"Excellent location,great value,very clean"
In a fabulous location The Westlodge is a lovely hotel ,that is reasonably priced ,providing a great base for touring West Cork.All the staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly providing a wonderfully welcoming and efficient service. The gardens are delightful and spacious and led right down to the town park.We would consider returning sometime soon.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013