All hotels in Kowloon, Hong Kong

"EXCELLENT Hotel"
There was a mixup at the check-in counter as all the rooms were already booked, but no problem - since I had already paid they put me in an open suite for no additional charge. The room was very clean, had a great view of Kowloon and the water and the breakfast was good - eggs and omelletes cooked to order; although I only ate congee. Also, the bathroom was artfully tiled and had a large bathtub in it. Toothbrushes, razor, sewing kit, slippers and etc were all provided free of charge. Also, this is not advertised - but the room comes with an Android phone for 3G internet access, and guests are encouraged to bring this phone out with them. This was very convenient, especially as the phone had Google maps, could make free international calls and serve as a hotspot. The front desk people were very helpful and provided excellent 4 star service. I liked it so much that I booked another night and upgraded to their suite.
1 night trip Oct 30, 2014
"Love the free Wifi and Mobile phone"
We have a pleasant stay at the Dorsett Hotel. Staff is very friendly. The room is a bit smaller than we anticipated, but for the price we paid for the room, it meets the expectation. The hotel room comes with a mobile/tablet phone with free wifi services. Also, the mobile phone provides free calls to HK, USA, and China. You can take that phone out of the hotel, and connect your own phone to internet through that phone. We found that very useful, we use that phone to help navigate around the city. There are many little eateries and convenience stores close by. The hotel is located about 5 minutes walk from Olympic Station, about 10 minutes walk from Mongkok station.
2 night family trip Oct 28, 2014
My experience with Dorset Mongkok couldn't be better,it was clean and the staff was helpful. The only thing that irritated me was that I paid expedia extra fee for someone from the hotel to meet me at the airport, and that didn't happen, I lost a lot of time and was irritated when I had to hire taxi to go to the hotel.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
lonnie
"Lovely hotel. Close to metro."
Everyone was polite and very helpful. The use of a smart phone during our stay made it easy to keep in touch with family at home. Also used the map app and the restaurant info on the phone.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Anne
"Perfect place to stay in Hong Kong"
Things I look for in hotels are affordability, convenience, location, cleanness and comfort...this Dorsett Mongkok meets all those important factors; in fact this hotel exceeds them. This hotel offered a shuttle service that drops you off and picks you up from prime locations in Hong Kong such as Mongkok shopping district or the boat port if you want to take a boat to China or Macau. Also the most awesome thing was the hotel came with a complimentary cellphone you can use to make local calls, call the states and it has apps for the subway system, links to the must see sites in Hong Kong and go to restaurants. I went with my boyfriend and my family so it was so important to have cellphones because you can easily get lost in Hong Kong with so much people. Not to mention the internet connection was fast with clear calls. As far as the size of room it was good for two people with one carry on luggage each. Honestly, we were rarely in the hotel there is so much to see and do we just showered and sleep. Staff was very pleasant and professional. I will definitely come back to Dorsett Mongkok when I'm in Hong Kong.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Carisa
"Yikes"
Turn down for what!?
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
"good"
reasonable price a bit far from the station free wifi in lobby simons bed
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
oisu
"Small room but very cozy"
The hotel staff are polite and helpful. Will check-in again if we get another chance to visit HK.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
jess
"Perfect place to stay"
Great location! Near MTR to anywhere, including airport! Good food close by! Has shuttle that got us to some distant spots when our feet were tired of walking! Would definitely recommend.
5 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Kaelen
"Wonderful hotel and great value!"
This hotel is in the heart of Mongkok, close to everything including the MTR. I really enjoyed the modern influences, and everything you need, including an adapter and hair dryer is right there. The staff are excellent and accommodated my every need. I met a Hong Kong friend while I was there, and she was very impressed that I was staying there. So to get that type of recommendation from a local really says something about the hotel. I absolutely loved it!
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
CJ
"Very Convenient. Easy!"
The rooms were small, the carpets were not that clean and the showers were tiny....BUT the service was amazing, and the location was GREAT! The fact that they give us a smart phone with free internet, hotspot access, and calls to the USA made it worth going back. Not a place I would recommend to my friends who only stay in 5 star hotels. But, for those of us that are willing to stay in something smaller for location and price benefits, this is a great place.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
B
"Dorsett Mongkok"
Overall the hotel is decent. The service is very good and the employees are courteous and helpful. Room is very small, but relatively clean. Immediate areas are not particularly nice, but the location is very convenient, with supermarket, bakeries, restaurants, local shoppings and the MTR within walking distance. The hotel also offers free shuttle to the Mongkok MTR station, the Macau Ferry, the Elements (Kowloon Station with the huge shopping mall). The best part is that they offer the use of mobile phone with free local calls and free internet access. You can even take the phone with you outside the hotel while you were staying there. For how much the room costs, I would come back and stay again.
7 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Teresa
"Good location 10 minutes walk to the Ladies Market"
The free phone calls back home were amazing, it was great to be able to take the mobile out on the street with me and have access to google maps, facebook and other social media sites. It meant I was confident to walk everywhere, I could not get lost. The room was small but comfortable and well appointed. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Sherie
"Nice place to stay in Mongkok"
We have stayed here before and I enjoy our time spent at this hotel. We encountered one problem this trip. Check out took us almost 30 minutes. Way too long to have to stand in the lobby worried about our itineraries and how much longer it would take. We thought we had plenty of time to get to our next appointment, but we didn't plan on a 30 minute check out! Only 2 desk clerks and a line of people trying to leave. There were only 2 guests at the desk when we arrived to check out, but soon people were lined up behind us. There is no excuse for a hotel this nice and organized to only have 2 clerks on the desk at your advertised check out time. We were starting to worry we might not have time to make our schedule. We like this hotel, and will stay there again, but I trust this was just a one time thing. Another clerk arrived at the desk as we were leaving.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Suzy
"Nice Boutique Hotel"
Spent two nights in Kowloon traveling from the US to China for business. The hotel room was nicely appointed, albeit a bit a bit of a tight space. Would definitely stay again when in Hong Kong.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
J P
"Great family hotel, near MTR Olympic Station"
Our family of four (kids age 12y and 9y) was very comfortable in the quadruple room. The room had a double bed, and two single beds, two tv's, en suite bathroom with tub/shower, writing desk, marble table, 2 chairs, two window benches, and a combined closet with shelves and safe. Everything in the room worked as it should, including the a/c, safe and hair dryer, and the shower had good pressure with plenty of hot water. The room was compact but full of natural light, mirrors and tall ceilings. And had a great view (no buildings blocking us). Hotel included use of free wi-fi and smart phone -- which was slow but still useful. We never tried out the free airport shuttle as it runs only once an hour, and not late. But between the MTR and taxis, we had plenty of options. Hotel provided free calls to 5 countries -- which was a big plus for us! The staff were courteous. This is a very popular hotel with lots of international guests.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
A.P.
"To keep up good service"
Good staying hotel
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Great family room!"
We were thrilled with this hotel. We are a family of 4, and the quadruple room is actually TWO rooms - one with 2 twin beds for the kids and a master bedroom with a queen bed and bathroom. Each room has a TV and there is a hot water kettle. The staff were super nice and helpful and even gave our kids a free teddy bear and box of snacks. The Thai restaurant in the hotel is excellent! The location was just OK - the street isn't particularly nice but is walking distance to the flower and songbird markets, which we all enjoyed.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Alisa
"Small but Comfortable"
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The room was small but clean and comfortable. The hotel was close to many restaurants and shops. We enjoyed our meal at the "Cooked Food" Market directly across the street and the quick meal from McDonald's on the corner by the hotel. It was a short walk from the hotel to Olympic Station where you can connect to anywhere in Hong Kong on the MTR. I loved having the Complimentary cell phone and The Hotel Bus Service to Kowloon Station was nice.
Suzy
The staff is great-very knowledgable and polite. The hotel felt very safe, smoke free, and it's clean. It actually enforce their non-smoking policy. I heard the staff warn guests of a fine for smoking in the room.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"8 min walk to the mtr"
exit A, walk towards HSBC tower, go right in, turn left, walk down the escalator, cross the street and you will see a row of pubs. walk straight down till the junction, turn left and head straight down till you arrive at Mac Donald, then cross the traffic light to reach Dorsett.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
ahtings
"Neighbors of old town"
It locates on the transaction of old and new area. You still can see many small restruants and shops representing the culture of Hong Kong. Hourly free shuttle to many popular area is helpful.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Sue
"A no nonsense - Business class hotel"
Its the perfect place for business travelers, couples coming for shopping or exploring the place. For hong kong prices and its ease of ease of access to Olympic station, it is great for travelers who need a business class, smart package who would spend most of the time exploring hong kong. The hotel shuttle can be made good use, though we rarely did but their gandy - the name we gave to their handy 3g sim phone is simply the icing on the cake. as we simply used its hotspot in our phones during our 4 days in HK. We literally were shocked when we entered the executive room as we are used to big room sizes back in our homes in India but later realized that by HK standards or prices and at $130 / night - a clean, business class 220 sq feet is quite a good deal!!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Vicky
"Good comfortable hotel"
That was good and comfortable hotel. Stylish and modern.But I felt bit small for betroom and bath room.If there is bath tub , I felt more comfortable because it was a terrieble rainy day then me and my son was soak in wet.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Very convenient"
My stay was very short(couple hrs) In transit but the overall experience was as shown on the site. Best regards to the team!
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Good hotel, good location"
Clean hotel located near MTR. Has free shuttle to a few places in Kowloon. Got exceptional service from Ivan at concierge. Only down side is the size of the room - quite small.
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"ok hotel, but not close enough to the transit"
I found Dorsett Mongkok to have nice clean exteriors. Staff was ok. They are courteous but didn't go out of their way to help like some other hotels I had stayed. It does have a nice feature in a complimentary smartphone which allows you to call US (landline)/ hong kong for free, and provide reviews for restaurants. It can also be used for gps which is very helpful. The room, like many of the hong kong hotel, is small. It does have complimentary internet via the smartphone hotspot, a tv, and a fridge. The shower is usable but very small again. The bed sheet has some faded stain. Another thing I had issue with is the location. It's about 20+ min away from the Mongkok transit stop. This is ok in someplace, but in hong kong summer, walking 20 min makes you hot and sweaty.
3 night family trip May 29, 2014
TC
"Lets a little small"
This hotel has bee recently refurbished and is very clean and fresh, rooms are on the small side, if you just dropping your bags and out for most of the day then it fine, but if you have a lot of work to do in your room is to small. They have a really great system where they give you a free hand phone during your stay, I think more hotels should offer this service not just in HK but around the world
1 night trip May 27, 2014
"Clean and Convenient! Free phone!"
Stayed here for 7 nights for a bereavement trip. Check-in process was fast and easy, with a quick training on how to use the complimentary Handy smartphone. This phone was a godsend during our stay as we needed to stay in contact with relatives in HK and the US. Calls were free! It also provided free wifi hotspot for our own devices, although it was a bit slow in our room on the 26th floor. Room was small, but comparable to other same-level rooms we've stayed at in HK. Reception, concierge and housekeeping staff are very helpful. Everywhere in the hotel always smelled fresh and clean. Free shuttle on a schedule to areas in Kowloon is great. 5-10 minute walk to 2 MTR stations and lots of restaurants and convenient stores across the street. Enjoyed our stay despite the purpose of our trip.
7 night business trip May 25, 2014
Francis
"Excellent Service and staff so helpful"
This Hotel is very nice, clean, and modern. I love the fact that the room comes with a smart phone for you to take with you. No need for maps. The hotel staff are very nice; knowledgeable and helpful. Rooms are clean and nice with all the amenities and a nice shower, but it's a bit small. The location is not the best, but it is pretty convenient if you want to walk to the night markets and down Nathan street. Overall a great hotel to stay for a few days.
3 night trip May 26, 2014
virginia recalde-aranzabal
"Nice place. Nice service"
Shuttle bus is good. And room is nice designed. 3G cell is nice too. If hotel provide free breakfast will be even better.
Other trip May 31, 2014
The room was too tiny. I never seen a small one like this before. However, the hotel service was fairly good enough.
1 night business trip May 10, 2014
"Small room but very clean"
Comfortable. Little bit noisy since walls are thin.
Other trip May 8, 2014
"Hotel Dorsett Mongkok"
I stayed at the Dorsett Mongkok recently. It is a nice, boutique hotel in Kowloon. The rooms are smallish but comfortable. For the price, it is a very good hotel for business travellers. I would probably consider it if I was staying in Hong Kong for vacation also but the rooms are quite tight. Overall, a very good hotel.
2 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Bobby C.
"Small but clean, excellent staff"
We stayed here on a 24-hour layaway. There were some shuttles available, which we used, but the did drop us off a little further from the ferry than I would have liked. It was a 15 minute 40 HKD cab ride from Kowloon. The staff there was extremely helpful in telling me where to go. The room was very small by North American standards, but comfy for two people. We arrived at around noon and were able to give us a room right away.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
Melinda
"Perfect hotel"
Close to everything; mongkok train station, pharmacy, 7 eleven, and mcdonalds. Smells great in the hotel. Rooms are small but modern.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Great value for the price"
I enjoyed my stay, the staff as very friendly and helpful but a bit of a walk to the subway. The one complaint is there is only free wifi in the lobby but other than that there is lots of good local restaurants and a "Park n Shop" supermarket near by. I will defiantly stay again.
5 night trip Apr 14, 2014
Hotel is clean and near public transportation, shops and airport. The staff is very helpful. The room is small but it has everything for my stay. The only thing missing is free wifi. I'll come back again when I'm in the area.
3 night trip Apr 14, 2014
"not good"
I check in very late, about 12:30 a.m. The room they gave me was so small, almost no place to walk. There were 2 small beds instead of 1 big and no bath tab. It was big disappointment to see it but I was too tired to go down and change it. Fortunately i stayed there only 1 night.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Great location, Small room"
The room was so small. You should only stay there with someone whom you know VERY well. When they go to the bathroom you know it. Thankfully, I was with my spouse, but their basic room is not for a trip with friends or those in the getting to know you phase and are quite shy.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
WorldTraveler
"short stay"
Overall, a very positive experience, a small but clean and modern room combined with helpful staff.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Good base for exploring"
If you are looking for a hotel that is a base for exploring, this is it. Hotel rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff are very polite and accommodating.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
lauren
"Good hotel, but could be in a better location"
This is a good choice for a hotel, but not a lot of choices for food and things to see in the area. Rooms were nice, but small (after all it is Hong Kong, and they tend to be small), but you can upgrade for a fee. Breakfast buffet was average, decent amount of choices. Hotel tends to cater to more Chinese than foreigners, so be prepared to staff that speaks speaks some English to most that don't speak much at all.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
Jeff B.
"Excellent location"
Great location. Very close to local shops with eatery everywhere. Small room but cozy but with excellent view. Definitely recommended for single or couple stay but not family.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"great for the price"
I didnt need some expensive hotel. Just a place to sleep. If you have a lot of luggage this hotel could be really inconvenient. But if you have a few bags, this place is great for the money.
1 night trip Mar 3, 2014
"Small room for one person but close to shopping"
Friendly and helpful staff.free shuttle bus to shopping mall and ladies market.close to restaurants.and McDonald across the street from hotel.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
nycrican
"Internet access is charged at HKD33 an hour!!!"
Never stay at this hotel again, no free internet. The drainage in shower overflew, has to stand in a pool of water to have shower, yack.
Other trip Jan 25, 2014
diana
"Good but few things have to change"
Good hotel, good staffs, suttle bus, and close to oxford TMR. but there is no heater and I could smell odors from restroom... it was disgusting... they needs to more carefully clean restroom wall.. and Room was too small.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
B
Staff is very friendly, helpful, highly recommend.
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
"Almost perfect except for the breakfast/internet"
Almost perfect except for the breakfast/internet extra, at 320 HKD. They pressed me to decide at checkin and I made a mistake. Not worth it.
3 night trip Nov 27, 2013