All hotels in Grass Valley, California, United States of America
972 Sutton Way, Grass Valley, CA, 95945, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

This was the nicest Best Western I have ever stay in!
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Older but well maintained and the location is great. Beds are wonderful.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Happy with Room"
Typical Best Western. No surprises
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Anonymous
"best Western the very Best"
We have been staying at Best Western the better part of ten years. We always find a helpful staff, a great breakfast a clean quiet room and a pleasant atmosphere. Is there anything else? We will be back next year. Thanks
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Nadine Cassarino
"I'll give them a 5!"
I needed a place to stay near the hospital. This hotel was so convenient, clean and comfortable!
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nice motel in a great location"
We selected this motel "blind" without knowing the area at all; it was near a place where we had weekend plans and it ended up being a great location for us. We got a double queen room for four people and the room was large enough that we didn't feel crowded. Huge closet, roomy kitchen area, nice mini-fridge that was actually cold, as big a flat-screen TV as I have at home, nice pool and hot tub... Friends stayed elsewhere and were crowing about cheaper prices but we certainly got our money's worth.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Good hotel for a short stay"
I stopped at this hotel with my 3 young sons as we were driving from Tahoe toward the coast. It worked fine but I didn't realize that the doors were on the outside when I booked it and that sort of threw me off, as I'm used to staying at Hampton's or similar during my business travels. Other than that, the hotel was satisfactory. We had a nice breakfast and were on our way quickly. I would recommend it to families!
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
Lindsey
"great stay in grassvalley visiting our grandkids"
location,location,location. we will be back shortley.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2014
bob & grace
"Expensive, but tidy."
This is the best motel to stay in in Grass Valley. I've stayed here before and can rely on its cleanliness, and fixtures/decor are relatively up to date, its conveniently located near the fwy but far enough away that you can't hear it at night. But they bump up their rates WAY too high to the point that it hurts to pay it. I live in the bay area and can find the same thing for less money. On this stay, having booked through Hotels.com and prepaid, when we arrived the desk clerk could not find our reservation. My cell phone would not pull up my confirmation email so I could show it to him, and when it finally did, he still could not find my prepaid reservation, and said he was waiting for only 4 more check-ins and I was not one of them. I insisted I had a prepaid reservation for the night. He called Hotels.com and while on the phone with them noticed someone else had printed it out on a piece of paper and it was sticking up on a stand on the counter. He said something about Expedia and other outlets reservations feeding right into their computer system, and Hotels.com's reservations do not. All that took about 30 minutes, which was irritating after a very long travel day + long family wedding. The room was standard and acceptable though and much appreciated after the day. For the very high room price, I would suggest at least offering some higher class toiletries. We forgot shampoo and were reluctant to use their weird off brand stuff.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Best value!"
great. Nice people
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Softball tournament in nearby Penn Valley"
Very nice. Staff was great. Breakfast offering very satisfying. Price a bit high but I would likely stay again.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Close to everything"
Very nice room pleasant quiet and very accommodating
1 night business trip May 28, 2014
Shalimar
Very clean and comfy! Would stay again. Very good brekfast.
1 night business trip May 29, 2014
Cv
"Would Not Stay Again"
When we got back to the hotel room @ 2:30 PM to get ready for an event after being gone for several hours, we were disappointed that it had not been cleaned yet & the maid indicated she was getting off work and we settled for a clean set of towels.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Sally
"Very comfy!"
Clean facilities, pleasant setting, good breakfast, no complaints. Thanks!
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"It was our first anniversary."
A very good place . Close to everything and didnt have to drive far to points of interest. Quiet and peaceful.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Very Clean and Quite"
Pros: Clean room, Comfortable Bed, Great shower, Fridge and Microwave in room, AC work well, Quite, Large room Cons: TV signal was horrible, Same crappy breakfast you can get any ware. For $120 a night I would like to see better food. I stayed at this hotel for one night with my dog. The staff was great. The place is so quite and clean. If it cost less to stay there I would have given it 5 stars. For $120 a night I want better food for breakfast even if I have to pay for it. Also the TV signal was so bad you could hardly see what was on TV. The shower was great and they gave you more than one towl
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Ericka
"Grass valley hotel"
Good , very nice, convenient and clean ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Nice, clean Hotel near shopping and Empire Mine."
In the middle of three quaint gold rush towns. Cute downtown shops, close to a variety of restaurants. Very quiet evenings and just a short drive to see a movie.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
Vicki
"Pleasantly surprised"
Very well cared for, very clean, friend staff. Much nicer than expected, comfortable bed, spacious rooms.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"Like freeway noise?"
Room was extremely well cleaned. After that, not so much. If I spit my gum out the bathroom window,it would be on the freeway. Dated popcorn ceiling with gold glitter. You can hear people in the other rooms. When they turn on the taps you can hear that. The breakfast could technically be called food. Unless you need Safeway or CVS, everything else you would want to do is outside walking distance. Next time I am in town, I will be trying someplace else.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Gordon
"Excellent Hotel"
Our one night stay here at the Best Western was short but very pleasant. Clean spacious room in a convenient neighborhood and the staff was friendly and welcoming.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Charles Gragg
"Small beds"
The queen size beds were actually full size beds instead. It was too small. the pillows were comfortable, four per bed. the mattress was very firm and not very "high end" as the hotel suggests. Very small toilet/shower area.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
k
"OK"
Upon arrival I was greeted by the nicest young lady with great customer service skills. The room was nice but the toilet handle would stick and water would run until handle was pulled up and the rubber flap seated.Bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was pretty good.Rooms are a little noisy when surrounded by other guests but not bad.Overall a good place but a little over priced for a weeknight stays.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2014
Mike Lovell
"Convenient location to stores. Close to Highway."
The room was clean. The room smelled slightly of cigarette smoke. The front desk person was pleasant. It was a short stay, but I would stay there again if up in the area.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Freshly painted, very clean"
Stayed 2 nights over a weekend, everything in room was good
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
"Convenient location"
When we checked in, the kings were overbooked, so they tried to offer us a double queen. Since we were staying 2 nights, they agreed to give us an available king. However, the non-smoking king had been a smoking room that they had aired out. By morning the smell was bad. They were willing to move us the next day. Best Western used to be my favorite, but this was the third strike. I will choose another chain.
2 night family trip Jan 25, 2014
"Clean, convenient, and will stay there again."
Good breakfast/buffet. Hot coffee and clean breakfast room.
Other trip Jan 25, 2014
Jim & Carm
"Just Okay"
I enjoyed my stay at the Best Western with one exception. I have always thought the beds at the Best Westerns were not comfortable so I stopped using this hotel chain. It's been a while, the price was right, so I thought I'd give it another try. Bed's are still very uncomfortable. Too hard. Woke up with a stiff back every morning. Even though all other aspects of the hotel were great I probably won't stay at a Best Western again. Customers have to be able to sleep.
2 night trip Jan 2, 2014
Jean
"Very disappointing"
We assumed a Best Western would be a safe bet, but we were wrong. The young woman at the front desk was very nice, but it went downhill from there. The motel backed up to a busy highway so it was very noisy. The rooms were small and dated. They had recently painted, but portions of several walls were missed. Microwaves were not clean and the rooms smelled like mildew. My son's room had soap scum and hair particles all over the sink. It looked like someone had a recent haircut and shook their head over the sink. No maid cleaned that sink! The rooms were not worth the price. We will be back in the area this summer with more family members. We will NOT be staying at the establishment.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2013
"Very nice place!"
We enjoyed very much staying at this hotel; Will definitely come back; Very clean and quiet; the rooms come with fridge, microwave, wifi; nice jacuzzi and pool; breakfast was really good as well.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2013
D.G.
"OK for the price"
Room OK for the price. Very nice breakfast included.
Other trip Dec 21, 2013
"For a quick overnight stay"
We stayed only 1 night, but was pleased with our room and the hotel. We were out in the City Xmas shopping and only used the room to sleep in (2 queens for 4 women) and clean up. There was a lot of shops and places to eat close by - always a plus. Getting around town was real easy, especialy with the friendly hotel clerk who could give us good direcrtions for where we wanted to go.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"nice but busy"
nice place but lots of construction trucks in parking lot when we visited. some took up multiple parking spaces.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
gregg
"Houstonian visits Grass Valley"
This was my third visit to Grass Valley.I love this place!! Great location, above average breakfast and shopping close by. My only negative would be their below average exercise room. But really your in California exercise outside!!!!
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
Sally
"Standard room. Excellent service"
The room was standard motel quality. The service was friendly and responsive. Good breakfast in the morning
2 night trip Nov 7, 2013
My dog and I were on a road trip. This leg of the trip included visiting friends who live in the area. This was an excellent place to stay with my pet. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. My GPS took me to the wrong end of the road but a call to the hotel staff was very helpful. They were aware of the GPS glitch and gave me directions. I look forward to staying again.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
"Loud and rude"
Hotel itself was fine but they have a "long term rental" portion that was occupied by construction workers from Minnesota. There was no place to park because there were construction vehicles everywhere. They stayed up drinking beer and yelling until 3am, then started up their loud diesel trucks at 5:30 am and roared out. Finally got to sleep until the hotel maintenance people started hammering metal pipe at 7:45am. Don't stay here if you want to sleep.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
Convenient Great location Will stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
This was our 3rd trip to Grass Valley. The 2 previous visits we stayed at Nevada City Inn (YUCK) This was a very nice experience! The free breakfast was nice also. Not just cheap pastries. The only complaint was the website doesn't state the extra costs for the dogs. Our next trip (s) up we'll be staying here.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
"great place in Grass Valley"
We have stayed there a number of times and always great. Great free breakfast and great location. We have stayed 10 or 15 times on our visits. Always pleased. Nice people and quiet and clean.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
lvc2
"Pretty Darn Dirty"
The place was pretty filthy, there was hair everywhere. There was also a party in front of our room consisting of multiple other rooms that went on until 2am and no one would do anything about it.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
"Hotel Amenities"
Overall....satisfied. The one thing I didn't care for was the lack of space in the eating area for the free breakfast. It was super small and there were a lot of people attempting to eat. I noticed people were standing outside. Glad there was a restaurant across the street...worked for us!
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Sara
The motel has made many improvements, inside and outside, since our last stay there. Our room, though not large, was clean, comfortable and served us well. They have also added free breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2013
morey7437
"Trip around Oregon and Northern California"
We took a one-week driving trip from Washington to Central Oregon and Northern California. This hotel, the Best Western Gold Country Inn, was one we booked the previous day. When we went to our room, we saw that we were very close to the on-ramp of CA-20 so we wondered about noise, but as it turned out, on-ramp noise turned out not to be a problem. The room had a slider to an open courtyard, a well groomed green area that was nice to look at. After the evening meal, we enjoyed walking around historic downtown Grass Valley, taking a quick look at the Holbrooke Hotel. The breakfast buffet was very nice, with bacon and eggs and the usual other things, all nicely presented. We visited the historic downtown again and tried Carolines Coffee Roasters, a nice place that seemed to full of regulars. Since we had eaten at the hotel's breakfast buffet, we only had coffee at Carolines. The coffee was good.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
Pat
"Great location and wonderful staff."
The staff could not have been better. The location was near shopping and freeway. This was probably a very modern motel a few years ago. It is in need of a renovation but still is very clean and comfortable. The staff was very professional and friendly.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
Vivian
"A Rude Awakening!!!!"
My stay was fine. However, I am opposed to the growing trend of allowing dogs to stay at hotels and motels across our country. Apparently, there was a dog show in town, and I believe that every dog stayed at the Best Western. There were all shapes and sizes. When did this all begin? I was under the false impression that no dogs were allowed at most hotels and motels in the U.S.A.!! Now I know better.
7 night family trip Aug 28, 2013
Sue
Everyone was very accomodating and friendly. I do wish I had been told there are no elevators to the second floor, as I would have asked for a bottom floor room. It was very hard on my knees going up and down all those stairs, especially with my suitcase, but I managed. The room was very comfortable, and had everything I would need. I will definitely choose your hotel again.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Aug 2013 Stay"
This motel needs an update. It's situated on a noisy street, close to hwy. People smoke in non-smoking rooms and outside of your door. It's disturbing. I was overcharged for the quality of the room. Breakfast was ok. That particular area of town is full of homeless and is sketchy. The DMV next door attracts low life folks that hang around morning to evening and harass passers by. I would not recommend staying at this hotel. Also note that swimming pool is extremely small is has no shade. It's hot there already by 9 am.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"Okay for a one night stay"
Our usual getaway hotel in Gtrass Valley was booked solid so we opted for the BW Gold Country Inn. The rooms were fine, but ours did smell of cigarette smoke. I don't think people smoked inside our room but there were several people smoking outside which is always unpleasant for non smokers. The room had fine amenities, but the pillows were lumpy and the towels truly rough.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013