All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1130 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
    Dirty
"limited space"
During rain valet put car in 4" water as space so limited in front of the hotel.one bellman can't speak,Just mumbles.valet is a parking space
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2016
Sherif
Great: the bed! beautiful and most comfortable!!! Bad: the coffee in the morning (disgusting. really) also no breakfast area, you have to take the food to your room. Bathroom old and repelling. They say they have free pick up from the airport, but not in all hours. When I called from the airport I found out that it was 10 minutes before the last shuttle of 19:30. They promised to wait for us a few minutes but they didn't wait at all and I had to take a taxi. Service: slow and not good
1 night family trip Nov 19, 2015
Tamar
"Not a good choice to stay in this hotel"
The hotel is not in a good condition. It is not worthy to stay as the service provided.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
Jiang
"Room was good, staff was not."
I liked that the hotel was really close to everything. The room was nice and big. The staff on the other hand was not good. The last night I spent there with my boyfriend we were having sex and mid way in come the front desk person. It was so embarrassing. She said she knocked on the door but we didn't hear anything. She went in because she hear a noise that was coming from the pipes. Now my understanding is if you hear a noise you call the room because chances are the person might be watching tv loud. A horrible experience.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
Horrible
"Location is perfect for this hotel."
Upon arrival the hostess was very friendly and knowledgeable. Went to our room and everything was good! In my opinion, the rooms need a little fixing up...but the fix-ups are minimal:Cleaner Showers, newer curtains, other than that, the place had everything we needed plus free continental breakfast! It's right on 11th and Collins, only a block away from ocean drive and the beach! If I go back, I will definitely consider staying here again and would recommend it for an inexpensive stay close to all the fun!
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Christian
Got great price on Sunday night. Very good customer service. Free beach towel and chair.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Khang
Me and my 2 best friends were looking for a hotel for this past weekend Aug. 14-17. Once we arrived, the check-in process went smooth. Anne and Marcelo were very kind and Marcelo even offered to help with our bags, seeing that there was no elevator. Which was a downfall. But none the less we dealt with it. GREAT LOCATION TO EVERYTHING! parking garages, clubs, beach, food. Never walked more than 15 min. Would def recommend
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Jesika
"Terrible establishment!"
It is one of those places, you say "Never again!" after spending a night. It is literally an overpriced ghetto shack painted with a white paint for cosmetic purposes. The first thing was the noticeable mold odor as soon as we stepped in a lobby. Our path to the room upstairs was crossed by roaches several times in a hallway. When my fiancé sat on the edge of the bed it collapsed like a card house, and she ended up with bruises on her elbow and knee. The plumbing in the other room we got issued after was terrible! We had to watch out for uneven tile every bathroom trip we took, so our feet wouldn't get injured. The closet door was struggling for survival on a single hinge. Walls were patched with a white paint in multiple areas. Shower curtain had peculiar stains that looked like blood. One towel had someone's hair on it. "The beautiful city view" you are promised at booking is nothing but a creepy alley with trash cans. The front desk attendant barely speaks English, who couldn't provide decent parking information. Next time I will rather assemble a shelter with a tarp, and sleep in a bag, rather then stay in this place. It is an overpriced "hotel", and I would never recommend to stay there!
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Dennis
"What a Dump!"
What a dump! Spend an extra $100 and stay in a nice clean hotel. It was a disgusting place that felt dirty and run down from top to bottom. Bedbugs, a dirty shower, and even the toilet handle came off.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"The Latin Disaster"
Where to start with this hotel. This is the dirtiest hotel that I have ever stayed at. The lobby is pretty new, but always seems to have dirty floors that are never cleaned. The carpet in the halls are disgusting. The rooms are dirty and the bathroom is also disgusting. The air conditioning does not work very well either. The staff is unfriendly and gives out incorrect information. I asked where to park my car and was told to park in the public garage across the street. Was told I would be given a hotel parking rate. Beware!!! Seems hotel is in with the parking garage and the parking garage will charge you $120 a day!!! It's cheaper to park in NYC for a day then in Miami Beach. The morning breakfast is a joke and someone will meter how much cereal you can take. What a joke of a hotel! Will never stay here or recommend anyone to stay here. Live and learn I guess.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Stay for the price, not the comfort."
It's a good spot for the price. But I could barely sleep because they have no central a/c. You just have these two a/c's that are at the window that don't do enough. The bathroom has no a/c and no window. So after a nice cold shower, ur sweating already. Severely understaffed. If you wanted something, you had to go downstairs to get it yourself. I also had to yell at the front desk because he wasn't answering his phone so I had to walk all the way from a couple blocks away to ask a question. I called the number while standing next to him, and he said he never heard it as it rang. They also charge you if you lose your room key. You're losing plenty of stuff while on vacation, you don't need to charge for that. The mini fridge was stuffed with ice because it froze over. Couldn't use it at all. Walls and floors are so thin, you can feel the floor bounce as you walk, and I'm 150lbs. Just use this place for the price, not the comfort.
4 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2015
"Vacation ruining"
That wasn't good I passed more than 4 hours without electricity and to much noise, when you in the room you can hear everything outside. the bathroom wasn't nice and the reception people can't even give you a right information that was two bad days at south beach in ocean reef suite
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
dieuveut
Wasnt the best but ok for location and price! Wouldn't recommend it to friends or family! Needs some updates, carpets need to steamed cleaned or replaced! Towels had a bunch of hairs in them so did the sheets. The layout of suite was nice! The view from the room was crappy
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Just one night
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Alfredo
"Hotel staff was great"
On the outside the Hotel was not what I expected. However the hotel staff was excelent and when we got to the room interior was very nice and updated recently. The bathroom needed a little updating but still good. I would not hesitate to stay again.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Nice hotel, good service."
The hotel is not near to french square (around 15 minutes driving) but I liked it. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was okay, nothing impressive but I really enjoyed it. The room was clean, good ventilation and is very comfortable.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Jose
Great location and staff. Rooms aren't that great but the staff is amazing and the location is great
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
We stayed for 1 night while visiting friends in South Beach. The staff wasn't overly friendly or helpful when we checked in. Our room was hot despite the a/c because the windows in the rooms don't close all of the way. It appeared that they were doing some updating to the hotel but it could use some structural updates as well as cosmetic. When we were leaving, the electronic door locked us out and malfunctioned so we had to wait for a locksmith to arrive before we could get our belongings. Not a bad stay but I don't think we'll be back
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
"Looks are Deceiving!"
There were a multitude of things that were wrong. I feel like the pictures were deceiving & the room wasn't clean. The Air conditioners were half broken & leaking. I wouldn't recommend this hotel and I will not be going back!
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Shay
"Was almost good"
The room had a funcky smell and the bathroom is in very poor condition. The painted tiles are peeling and mold all around the tub, curtain and shower curtain. The faucet was loose but worked. TV can't be viewed from the bed only while stilling on the couch or the kitchen area. The staff and neighborhood are great.
2 night trip with friends May 24, 2015
Bettie
"Great Location but NEEDS repairs!!"
The hotel is in a great location on Collins-- just one block away from the beach. Which is the best part of the hotel! Check-in was relatively easy; one desk-- one staff member. There is no attendant waiting to valet your car though. So you have to double park on Collins and run inside to tell the hotel you have a car. Getting your car from valet can take 10-50mins because there is no on-site parking. The rooms are a great size!! The queen suite had two designated rooms.That's pretty much where the good attributed end. The counters in kitchen had burn marks, the room rugs were stained, curtains had A/C coolant drip marks, the paint is peeling in the rooms and the toilet wobbled. Wouldn't reccomend Ocean Reef for 2+ days in South Beach-- waaayy to many other nice hotels.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Erika B
"Walking distance to everything!"
Room had everything we needed: iron/ironing board, hair dryer, toaster, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, table with 4 place settings, electric double stove top, pots and pans and plenty of space! Also location is great! Super close to Walgreens, liquor store, shopping, restaurants, nightclubs and most importantly, the beach!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Steph
"good location"
Good services and my stay is perfect ,and the valet parking is fast
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
harvey
"Visit ruined by poor customer service"
There was a lot of confusion between staff members and resulted in very poor customer service. In fact one of the front desk staff created quite an issue and was rude in rectifying the mistake. Unacceptable.
2 night trip with friends Dec 15, 2014
"South Beach Vacation"
Had a great stay. Would have liked a window facing toward ocean instead of building next door. I don't think there are any rooms like this there but I don't believe that was in the description of suites. Still a great stay and within walking distance of anything you need.
7 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Tami
"Excellent spring break"
The staff was very accommodating and helpful. They let us put our bags in storage even after checking out of the hotel so we could enjoy a few more hours on the beach. The hotel itself was quaint and cute but was no fontainebleau so don't expect over the top luxury. The suite was pleasant but the bathroom could use some updating but everything was in working order. The location was absolutely perfect. Walking distance to pretty much everything. And also a bus stop is nearby if you choose to take public transportation to and from the airport. Overall, I'd be happy to stay here again!
4 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Chelsea
"Great little place"
Everything was very nice. The parking was a little tough and expensive. Other than that its a great hotel.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
Randy
"Good alternative to expensive hotels"
I forgot some prescription medicine in my room and checked out. The pill case fell under the bed overnight. As I was still in Miami the next day, I went to the hotel on a Saturday to see if they could retrieve it. The front desk was completely helpless. The "housekeeping supervisor" didn't work weekends, so apparently she was not allowed to talk to any housekeepers, or make any actual effort except looking in a drawer or two. I specifically went at noon, which was peak housekeeping time. She didn't really very concerned about helping. If any small children found the medicine and decided to take a few, very bad things could happen. For all I know the pill case is still under the bed. For the room itself: Imagine former studio apartments that have been given a low-end commercial remodel. This is not a bad thing however when you consider other hotels that cost significantly more have small rooms and have their own age issues. I don't know about every room, but I suspect nearly all the rooms are naturally dark, as the building is sandwiched between two other buildings. These rooms are for sleeping, not lounging around. Also, because the windows are old style glass shutters that don't close all the way, outside noise filters in. It's not bad, except for garbage trucks in the early morning.
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
"not worth the money"
the hotel bathroom need immmediate refurbishing. The window are practically open...
2 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
vito
"Un profecional.."
Customer service was not helpful and not very profecional. You had to walk on glass when talking to them in order to get an answer and so you don't get a conftrntation. The room wasn't that clean.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
I am retired
"Not worth the rate"
The front desk employees look less than interested in their job, not much hospitality. This hotel is not worth their high rates. The room is pretty spacious thou
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
jennifer
"itckey"
itchy,dark, not inviting. didn't want to spend much time their.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
josie
"Nice hotel close to the beach."
Stayed 2 nights and it was ok. They do not have their own parking lot but is hooked up to a company that will come and park the car for you for $20 with in and out privileges. Staff take a while to answer the phone when you call because they generally talking to each other or on their own phones.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
becky
"sb"
nice but small
2 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Location is great. Room was large, clean, and quiet.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great location..south beach"
Staff very helpful with us. Exc service if you send some online shopping. Accessible hotel if you want to enjoy and drive less. About room is comfortable and kitchen is a extra to save money.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"My experience at ocean reef"
Was very pleased with my stay on ocean reef. Upon arrival to the hotel I was greeted very cordially by the front desk attendant, Marcello, who was very professional. When I checked in to my room there was an issue with my next door neighbors, I proceeded to inform the front desk about it, thinking that they could intercede or at best give me some peace of mind, but was happily surprised when instead of a mere apology Marcelo upgraded me to a suite with no questions asked. This room was spacious and very comfortable. The location is unbeatable, and the customer service is great. Please keep this hotel on your thoughts when booking your stay on south beach
2 night trip Jan 21, 2015
Wilson
"The staff makes the hotel."
The location was perfect. Walking distance from the beach, shopping, and nite life. The staff was wonderful. The room was ok but not the coziest.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
crystal
"Minimally acceptable hotel in great location"
This hotel needs an overhaul. The room was comfortable enough as long as you don't look too closely. Bathroom was very dated & in bad shape along with a bare light bulb fixture. Very glad we only stayed 1 night.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
ac
"good location"
we went to miami to get our daughter situated in the university. although we were at least a half hour away from the school, we were able to enjoy the beach and the night life along with the trendy restaurants. the hotel is in a good spot, but there is no parking. the staff was very nice and accomodating, especially Faviola. the bodega downstairs is very convenient and makes great coffee. the hallway smelt a bit weird, but the room was clean and confortable.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
betsy
"Excellent location and very professional staff"
Everything ok. Good experience. Excellente location, professional staff
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
MARIA
"Different than the pics"
When I first arrived there are no elevators…wow talk about not handicap friendly. My friend was studying in the room and told the cleaning staff they could clean and the lady said I cannot clean with someone in the room…I've never heard that before. I made them come back and clean and the other lady that came was a nice so I gave her a tip. I did feel comfortable after the cleaning lady wanted everyone out of the room. The safe did not work so I had to hide my things and I took pictures to make sure everything remained the same.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Tonie
"Cool stay in Miami"
This hotel was great, the staff was very kind and accommodating. Room was clean and offered two comfortable beds. Right near all the action and well priced for the area.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"Inexpensive"
The hotel is in need of some major renovation. The view out my windows (which could not be opened) was of twenty-five decommissioned toilets (seriously). The room was very, very run down. The key card access at the entrance of the hotel was out of service almost the entire week. There is no nice, outdoor common areas for the hotel, and if you want to relax outside your room, the sidewalk out front on Collins Avenue is your only option.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Great location, great facility"
This hotel completely outdid my expectations! The staff was very helpful, the room was huge with great amenities, and the location was perfect.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"needs updating"
very nice and helpful staff - poor hotel conditions - good location on collins
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
"Nice view of old toilets"
The key cards were not working. Right below our window there were about 20 old toilets lined up in the yard. The pillows were completely flat. The bathrooms were old and dirty. The curtains in both the bedroom and the bathroom were old and stained.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Cathy
"Not the best"
Very nice staff but the hotel was not clean at all holes in the wall its was okay for a two day stay but like i said not clean at all
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Marie
"Overally good hotel"
Very comfortable. Needs to add complimentary breakfast and free parking
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
"nice art deco hotel"
Nice and close to the beach- One block away. Room was spacious. Curtains were see through though. and construction was going on in the alley next door-not the hotels fought. The remote control did not work at all.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014