All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
5000 A Street, Anchorage, AK, 99503, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lost Reservations"
Lost reservation, room was booked on Hotel.com, tried to give a double bed in a smoking room when I booked 2 queen beds for a family of 4. Ended up with 2 double beds in a poorly cleaned room. Not impressed will be looking elsewhere to stay on future trips to Anchorage, AK.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Anchorage"
Room was clean and adequate. Just remember it is motel 6
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Walls too thin."
Folks next door were having a great time. Walls were not sound proof and I though I was participating.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2015
Staff was great good location
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Sucked
2 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
Hotel was nice enough but there was construction in the area so it was hard to find our way onto the property.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Just for a stay over was fine. Not sure the sheets had actually been changed. Found a long black hair in the bed and neither of us had either of those.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Price not always a good reason to stay."
We requested a non smoking room. on the door was the non smoking sign, when entering the room smelled like someone had been smoking. on further inspection, I found a half burnt cigarette on the shelf in the closet. I returned to the front desk and they gave us another room, this room was better, but the overall cleanliness was still lacking. I was tight on funds so chose the hotel for the price. I will need to rethink that policy in the future.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Karson
"Good price but really run down & lacked amenities."
The room was incredibly hot and the air conditioner didn't work. Also there were no shampoos or conditioners in the room and our telephone didn't work.
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
"Nice for the price"
I thought it was nice for the price. not fancy, but everything we needed, even 24 hr room service, vending machines with plenty of food options and free coffee in the am. it was clean and pleasant and the hotel staff were very helpful. its a really great central location and they allow pets for free. we'll go there again.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Stephanie M.
"Basic hotel"
very noisy from traffic.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"motel 6 in seatac"
The rooms were fresh and clean, the front desk lady was very nice and went out of her way to make sure I got my ID back after i left it laying in the office. thank you!
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
jeff
"Good rate, which goes up after Memorial Day!"
Nice rooms Nothing fancy Good part of town Staff will help you
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
bob
"Personable Treatment"
Every staff member no matter what time of day, or what type of question I asked, were courteous, professional, and kind.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Patti
"just ok, but convenient"
I liked the location, easy to get to the heart of Anchorage in a few minutes as well as getting to the airport in a few minutes as well. The thing I didn't like was I was staying in a non smoking room and during the night cigarette smells would come through the bathroom vent and when I went in to the bathroom in the morning it smelled like an ashtray. If you are not there on business the road noise will wake you up by 6 or 7 am anyway, just saying. Cheap for anchorage but not the best.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Les
"Quick trip"
Wish there had been soap and shampoo in the room, didn't realize until after I was in the shower, that there wasn't any...
1 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
"Good for an overnight stay"
My husband and I spent a week at the Motel 6, but I would not recommend it for long-term stays. It is conveniently located if you have a vehicle. However, if you do not have a car, it is not too far from a grocery store and close to several restaurants. Getting downtown can be tricky without a car. There is no refrigerator in the room, and very few available to borrow. My husband has medication that needs to be refrigerated, and we went several days without one. However, the motel does offer their staff refrigerator for cold storage and once we found out that was available, we used it. The airport shuttle serves three hotels so the wait to get to the motel can be long. We waited 45 minutes for the shuttle, and when it picked us up, we were told by the driver that he had not been informed that we needed to be picked up. When we got to the hotel, he helped us bring our luggage to our room. The room itself was a non-smoking room, but the comforter looked like it had cigarette burns in it. However, the room was clean and comfortable. The front-desk staff was friendly and helpful. The other motel staff were friendly, but not as helpful. My husband has a prosthetic and he fell. Several of the staff walked by without offering assistance. When I complained to the manager about it, she told me that was unacceptable and apologized on behalf of the motel. Afterwards, she talked to the staff. I felt like the issue was resolved and we were taken care of professionally and courteously.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Motel 6 Mid town Anchorage - Feb 2015"
Room not ready on check-in, holes in the bed blankets, no towel replacement one day, television picture poor and channel selection poor. Location was good, staff OK. Overall rating - under 3 stars,
4 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"hotel locaation"
was accesible even with a lot of snow
4 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
edgar
"Disgusting"
The room was disgusting. The floors were all wet and it smelled horrible.
1 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
"It worked for us this time."
The room was clean and in good repair. It was sparsely furnished (one chair), the bed was fine, the heater was noisy with the fan running continuously, could hear heavy footsteps in stair and floor above and the headboard from the next room. The bedspread had a cigarette burn hole (old).
3 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
thomas e
"As basic as you get"
For the price, the room was EXTREMELY basic..not even shampoo in the room...you had to go to the desk to get it. Heater was very loud, so I had to unplug it. All I can say is that it was clean and the beds were comfortable. No amenities. I know there are other hotels that offer more for the same price. I won't go back.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"Good Value"
I usually stay at Motel 6 on trips to Anchorage. The price is right, and works great when I travel with my dog. People were louder this trip than usual, and I woke up a few times during the night due to this. Usually this is not a problem.
2 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
"Never again"
Room stunk upon walk in, smelled cigarette smoke in hallways, heater not working well, cigarette burns on blanket. Went to lobby and staff was assisting a really drunk man to his room.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Holly
"Anchorage inexpensive and convenient"
Its OK. Good hotel shuttle service. Best of the cheap Anchorage hotel options.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"stay"
I liked how clean this hotel was, the only down side of this hotel is the location and the smell i walked out with. please no smoking rooms in the hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
"Okay for one night"
It was cheap and clean. It wasn't very comfortable. I won't stay again if I need more than one night.
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
bev
"ladies of the night hotel"
People were screaming in the halls at all hours O couldnt sleep. I had to check out to go sleep at another hotel.
2 night trip Dec 11, 2014
Alfred
"Not worth it"
Room was dirty and smelled. Drunks wandering the halls all night and yelling.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"comfortable"
This is the third time in two months my husband and I have stayed here. This is not a 5 star hotel but the staff is very nice, rooms are clean, and the location is good for our stay. We also like it because they allow pets with no extra charge. If you need shampoo or other amenities you can ask for them at the front desk.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
Joan Badgley
"decent cheaper hotel"
it was decently clean. had some problems with the hot water, but got that resolved. overall it was a good hotel and I'd stay there again.
5 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
"affordable"
Motel 6 is affordable if you need to save $$. Room was small and air conditioner cooling system/Heating was not working.
1 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
"Nice, clean and good location."
Pretty good location, free shuttle, nice and friendly staff! The room is nothing fancy, clean and comfy.
1 night trip Nov 18, 2014
Aigul
Room was quite noisy. Every sound from walking on the floor above could be heard all night. Road traffic could also be heard most of the night. Didn't feel comfortable being there at all.
"Pleasant Stay"
The stay was good. The room was clean. I found it strange that even though I hung up my towels after my shower, indicating I would use them again, they were removed and replaced by a new set of towels (minus one hand towel), yet the bed wasn't made. The desk staff were pleasant and helpful, and the housekeeping men and women were pleasant when I passed them in the hall. Thank you.
3 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
Martha
"Frequent Guest, but not sure how much longer"
We've stayed at this hotel several times from when it was new a few years ago. It is an adequate hotel to stay in at a reasonable price, however it does not seem to be being kept up with by management. The sheets and bedspread had cigarette burns in them and the shower curtain did not even fit length-wise enough to extend inside the tub to prevent water from escaping while showering. On the plus side however, they do allow you to leave your vehicle parked there while traveling out of town and provide airport transportation.
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
"Don't be fooled by nicer hotels surrounding it..."
I am so glad it was just me at this hotel and not my wife and children. Yelled profanities throughout the night, roaring loud heater (underneath a CHEAP window, so it came on ALL THE TIME), strong cigarette smoke odor in what should have been a smoke-free room, shoddy construction (barely to code if that - it looked like it would fall apart), construction site next door with diesel trucks (and their fumes) waking me up at 6AM, even a late-night visit from the paramedics to the room across the hall (notably not the hotel's fault). It made for rotten sleep, discomfort, and stories to tell about it that were so bad they were almost funny. The only plus was the speedy Internet. My wife chose the hotel based on the neighborhood and the reasonable price - it is surrounded by nice hotels in a clean business district - but I'm guessing it is the thorn in the side of the other hotels. It benefits off their quality without giving back one iota. We make regular trips to Anchorage and sometimes have to spend the night, but we will not choose this one EVER again. At least it was a good price, but still not worth it. I drooled over the other hotels in the area as I left the next morning, wishing I'd been in one of them instead....
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
"prefer executives suites even w/the drunk natives"
bed spred was full of burn holes. bathroom smelled of urine. door had been kicked and security lock was dammaged. over priced. coffee was cold and seldom available.
4 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
david
"SATISFACTION"
Every aspect of my stay was satisfactory.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
Arne
"Bring snacks, water, and keep your room clean."
It was great, i didn't have any problems with the staff's or any of the guests, the only thing i didn't like it that there was no store near by and no store in the hotel. Maybe you should consider having a small gift shop or a diner in the hotel, for the vending machines they were broken and out of stock. Need to up grade T.V. Overall I enjoy my stayed at motel6anchorage thank you.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
PAUL
"Hi"
it was a great stay, a good place to stay...
4 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
Very Basic. Beds are very comfortable - no extras in the room.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"Ugg really!!!"
Room major smelled of smoke. Had to buy a plug in to make the room some what not smell as bad. Both beds had burn holes in them. Back room counter had burn marks bathtub looked as if it had not been cleaned in weeks. No shampoo or other trials but 1 small bar of soap. No coffee maker. Tv had a very high pitch that you could not even watch tv without it over doing the sound of the show.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Served our purpose"
OK
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"Dog friendly, staff was awesome."
No frills motel. Comfortable bed, clean room and bathroom. Near great eats and shopping. Not the easiest place to get to because of (at time of writing) street-level construction.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Herman
"Not bad for the price."
It was a good place for the price. It was the cheaper option to the major hotel chains. I woukd stay there again.
3 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
Johnathan
"You get what you pay for"
Price was good but even though the place seems like it is a fairly recent construction it was dirtier than I felt it should be. My wife wouldn't take off her socks and the bathroom just needed a good cleaning from top to bottom. The bathroom fan did not work which made for a moist stuffy room after showers.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"Basic Lodging"
Have stayed here before and main draw is middle of Anchorage location, value and clean rooms. The room we had this time had a very nice large bathroom, the fixtures on the bathtub sparkled. Everything worked in the room, lights, doors. Bed side radio alarm clock was a touch damaged but functional. Did notice one bed sheet had a very small cigarette burn but everything looked to have been well laundered. As one would expect from a Motel 6 you don't have and don't have to pay for all that stuff we didn't need, microwave, fridge, weight room, pool, excessive staff milling around looking for tips like properties twice the price. Check-in and out was efficient and fast. Lots of parking near the entrance.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Discount hotel close to airport and shopping"
Comfortable room and free coffee in the lobby. Accessible room was well appointed. Staff were friendly but could not answer questions.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
TK
"okay price"
Good but not great for the price
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014