All hotels in Oxon Hill, Maryland, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here156 Waterfront Street, Oxon Hill, MD, 20745, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Artsy glorified college dorm"
Hotels.com said this was a $350.00+ valued room. I totally disagree. The room was average. We paid $109.00 + tax and for National Harbor that was a decent rate. But the ALoft is like an artsy glorified college dorm room.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
"Great stay at the last minute"
nice hotel and staff
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"DC Stay"
Room was clean and comfortable. 3 night stay, could hear the neighbors early in the evening but not after 10:00pm. Lounge was comfortable. Plenty of places to dine near by at all price points. Location was near the water so short walk and you were at the Potomac. Getting a taxi was a challenge, walked to the Gaylord (two blocks away)to grab a cab.
3 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Satisfied US Army Veteran"
I was there to attend the 3rd Annual Military and Veteran Women Veterans Day Extravaganza held at the Sunset Room... My stay at the Aloft was convenient directly across from Sunset room, peaceful and comfortable, the young staff/administration were professional, proficient, respectful and courteous. They attended my every request... Amenities were plentiful... My view was spectacular...I had windows facing the Harbor...beautiful view of workers building and putting together the Christmas... I slept like a baby which made me miss one event... Only one flaw, recycled toilet water had a terrible stench...on every flush... Gotta keep it real but other than that perfect...
2 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Sandra
"Really nice hotel; horrible parking"
My only issue with the hotel is that they don't have free parking. Youy're charged $13 a night to park in the garage near the hotel if you are a guest there.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
Obi
"Very Quiet"
This was our first stay at an Aloft. We arrived after normal hours, about 11 PM. Instructions at the front of the hotel re: parking, (self or valet) check-in location, etc. would have been helpful. We wandered a bit looking for parking, not sure if any of the lots were affiliated with the hotel, offered discounted rates, etc. We walked to the hotel and were met with an empty bell stand on the ground floor lobby. No directions, signage to lead us, we got the elevator to the next higher floor. The elevator lobby opened into a lounge area; a poll table aka billiards tables was the first thing we saw. Surprised a bit by this. There was a small round kiosk style front desk, definitely non-traditional. We were greeted, and check-in went fine although a little difficult to hear over the lounge sounds. The room was as expected, nothing extravagant; but clean and accommodating.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"excellent value and great location"
excellent place to stay if you have a conference at the Gaylord hotel. 3 minutes walking distance and much cheaper than any of the surrounding hotels
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"Loved the hotel theme"
My room had a great view of the Potomac river and the new Ferris wheel at the National Harbor. The check in staff Charmain was phenomenal.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
Thanks for the nice feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed the scenic views from your guest room during your stay.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"G"
"Great view"
Thanks to Aubrey at the front desk (who nicely accommodated my request to switch to a room with a view), we had a beautiful view of the sunset over the harbor. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious enough for an overnight visit for three women.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
We are happy to read that Aubrey was able to relocate your guest room. It would be a pleasure to welcome you all back again soon.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Woken up at 9"
If you like being woken up at 9 in the morning on check day when check out time is 12, this hotel is the place for you.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"quirky style"
Quirky boutique hotel right in the mix of things at Inner Harbor. You can't beat it's location and it'll be an enjoyable stay.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
catherine
"Rooms"
The beds were not the most comfortable. Didn't have a matress cover instead they used a sheet. Overall it was okay for the price. Would stay there again but wasn't too impressed.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
Shane
"Nice hotel in middle of National Harbor"
Room was on small side but comfortable and clean. Staff was courteous and helpful. Convenient location to Convention Center at Gaylord.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Business Trip"
Nice hotel within easy walk to the Gaylord Convention Center. Nice neighborhood with good shopping. Hotel staff very friendly.
4 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
Teri
"Great place to stay within 15 minutes of DC."
Excellent newer hotel with great local restaurants. Upgraded to waterfront at no additional cost. Nice guest service.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
"Aloft DC Harbor"
All of the staff were great. Very friendly and accommodating. The hotel has some wear and tear; it's starting to show it's age. However, that wouldn't stop us from staying here again.
4 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
Terry
Emailed both the company and Expeida! Will review when I get a response
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Birthday weekend"
I really enjoyed my weekend stay. I'll be back again soon. It was a beautiful place, great water view, venues, restaurants and stores. And I had a great time! Thank you so much!
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
It's great to hear that you had a wonderful weekend stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you will return to us again soon.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Shemekia
"Great location to all the sites in the Harbor."
Marvin at the front desk was our first impression and I must say - he made our day. He was so friendly, outgoing and just warm and welcoming. This gave us a great impression of the hotel. The room was very nice and the bed was comfy. I thought our breakfast sandwiches were over priced. $14 for what tasted like microwaved english muffin and egg. The location was fantastic. Easy walk to anywhere we needed/wanted to go.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
Birthday Girl
"Great location, decent hotel, subpar housekeeping"
Loved how close Aloft was to the Gaylord, as I was in the area for a convention being held there. Easy access to the Harbor made for a lovely walk down to the conference each day. Charming Charlies being next door was the icing on the cake for me. Great lobby with a couple of pool tables and what seemed to be a pretty lively bar. I didn't like having to take 2 elevators to get up to my room, though. Only serious complaint is that housekeeping left empty coffee cups and other trash sitting around the room, including a mystery plastic wrapper of some kind that was visible under one of the beds during my entire stay. This hotel is also not full service, so no room service, but there are plenty of amazing restaurants within walking distance.
3 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
Brooke
"Close but not the best"
While the hotel is definitely unique it could use some regular updating and or maintenance. Letters falling off elevator, kind of weird smell. Also, I was given the option to pay for parking with my hotel room so that I only had to pay flat rate and could go in and out of the garage. I chose to do so and was told to just use my room key to get in and out after inputting the parking garage ticket. This did not work and I ended up having to pay for parking each time.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
"Good value, but needs a little bit of upkeep"
The style of this hotel was interesting - modern furniture and décor, and loft-style layout. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One drawback was that the mirrored bathroom door slides back and forth to separate the toilet/shower space from the sink, and the bottom corner of the mirror had been shattered. Also, the wifi in my room didn't work reliably, and when I contacted the front desk about it, I found that the cordless phone didn't work reliably, either (it kept hanging up the call). Otherwise, I thought the value was good for the location, and the staff was professional.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"Aloft review"
Stay was very nice. Was clean, staff friendly and helpful. Location is perfect.
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2014
"Disappointing"
I'm extremely disappointed with this hotel especially in this area with so many professionals. First you enter the "motor lobby" no one to welcome you or assist you with luggage. You read the sign that says to take the elevator to the second floor to check in. The check in process isn't clear. The "desk" is circular and can be accessed by people from all directions. So I was standing in what I thought was a line to be "cut" by people coming off the elevator from their rooms or purchasing items in the lobby area. Then you take another elevator to your room. Again no assistance. The decor is very industrial not comfortable or welcoming. The carpets in my room are stained, the ceiling has stains, the wall has marks and gashes. The "mini bar" is a joke. There is a coffee maker, water that your charged for and a refrigerator. I called to ask about breakfast delivery and was told "this is not a full service hotel". The printer didn't work in the business center which is a desk in the lobby area with 2 chair, 2 computers and a non working printer. I told the front desk it needed more ink and it seemed to be a huge chore. Once one ink was replaced another needed to be replaced at which point I gave up attempting to print something for my conference. I got up early to attend an early conference meeting and forgot my safe code. I was told by the front desk no one can help me till 8am! I'll be long gone at my conference. Disappointing! The Gaylord convention center is massive and can host multiple conferences at once so this hotel needs to make so major improvements. And honestly it's not really that great of a deal.
5 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
The only thing I dislike about this place is that there are no tubs, only stand up showers.
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
"I will be back!"
Great location, reasonable price for the location. Clean, modern, excellent view of the river. Close to all restaurants. Reliable wifi. Good hotel for couples. Surprised to see kids, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves as well.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"Not what I expected"
Room was average but pricey. Also carpet in my room could use a good shampooing. The parking situation was disappointing as well. I had to use a common garage across the street with no reserved parking for hotel guests. It was inconvenient and took away from the experience. The staff, especially Chris, was very nice and accommodating, however, which helped some.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Ray
"Excellent Location"
Great stay and we always enjoy the european feel. Only issue this time was that the mattress had some very big stains.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Eddie
"Nice overall"
The room & bathroom were clean but we expected nicer bed sheets & upgraded coffee makers!
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at the Aloft Washington National Harbor! We will share your comments with the Starwood brand. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
attorney
Nice place, but the walls are pretty thin. Was able to hear conversations easily in the next room.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
"Excellent Location, Courteous Staff"
The hotel was good. Not fabulous, but the location is perfect and there are many options for dining and shopping around. Rooms are a little small, but well-appointed. Carpet and wallpaper are starting to show signs of disrepair, so those items should be addressed.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
Thank you for your honest feedback. Certainly, we will be addressing your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure that we are doing everything in our power to best maintain the property. Guest feedback is always important to us. Being well received, and with so many compliments from our past reviewers, we will continue to strive to improve upon our services and amenities each and every day.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
DM
"Business Traveler"
The overall condition of the stay was good. The rooms were comfortable for the price, however they do need to update some furniture. The chairs in the room were very uncomfortable to sit in for either work or just to watch the news. The young men working the front desk were always cheerful and pleasant.
3 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
A unique experience, and refreshing change of pace from ordinary hotel stays. I would again visit Aloft, and of course, would recommend to friends and family.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
We are pleased that you found us to be a refreshing change of pace from other traditional hotels. Thank you for recommending us to friends and family!
3 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
Aggie
"Friendly staff with a great view"
We had a room on the 6th floor overlooking the Potomac and the Capitol Wheel. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly, accommodating and helpful. The hotel exercise room is small but complete. The pool is great and the lobby, bar and balcony are beautiful.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
We are happy that you enjoyed the view of the Potomac and The Capital Wheel from your guest room. It gives us great pleasure to hear that our staff exceeded expectations during your stay.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Bad"
No internet for 3 night stay. Got lots of lip service but no internet.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
It disappoints us to hear if you encountered problems with the internet during your previous stay. If given another opportunity, we hope to welcome you back for a much improved experience.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
The Hotel staff was amazing especially Chris. He was extremely helpful and very pleasant> Enjoyed the stay tremendously.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
Thank you for your comments. We will share your praises with Chris, and he will be grateful to hear them.
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2014
"Unexpected room and compensation"
I was very disappointed to be staying in a room that I paid $315 that faces the air conditioning unit. I requested another room and was told that there were no other rooms available. I was offered breakfast which was not in the least any consolation because every time the unit ran, you heard the machine. I should gotten better service for what I paid.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
We regret to learn about your disappointing experience at the Aloft. Unfortunately, we were sold out during your recent stay and unable to relocate you. It is our mission to make every guest experience an enjoyable one and we regret that your recent stay did not live up to that commitment. Please be assured that we value everyone one of our customers, and do everything to make sure their stay is as comfortable as possible.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Avid Traveler
I stayed here for 2 nights. The girl in the reception said she didn't have my reservation and looked at me funny but she was spelling my name wrong (if she was unsure she should have asked) I had to ask her to double or triple check because I had received confirmation, after a waste of time she found my reservation. The second day after they had supposedly cleaned the room, the trash cans were still full, they forgot to take out the trash!!!!!! Finally, on the morning of my last day I wanted to sleep in, but at 9 am I had the cleaning lady asking me when was I going to leave, so I replied I would by the time of check out (it's at 12.00 so I had a good 3 hours) at about 10.30 am I had the cleaning lady again asking me when would I leave. That made me feel like she was trying to kick me out of the room! So I called the front desk, they were very sorry for the inconvenience. The price to quality ratio is poor! I wanted to try this hotel but I'll never stay here again.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
Thank you for your review. We apologize if our front desk associate had difficulty locating your reservation off the bat. Also, it is never our standard to not empty the trash in our guest rooms and can assure you this was an accidental oversight. We are sorry to hear that our housekeeping team repeatedly disturbed you prior to your departure and will be sure to address this internally. Please be assured of our best efforts to regain your confidence in us.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
katia
"One night"
Stayed one night had tickets for Cirque du Soleil. Hotel looked older than 5 years. Great location. Staff was great. Room ok. Bathroom door was a slide type it made a horrible screeching found when you would slide it open and closed. Front desk could have used more staff . There was event in the hotel. Price was good.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Lin
The carpets in the room had so many stains on it that the whole room felt dirty.I would not stay in an Aloft again.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"Nat's Game"
We stayed at Aloft for the night after a Washington Nationals game and really liked the modern look and feel of the property. The room was very nice and clean. The parking is not very close and the cost is considerable but, it is very close to several good resturants and shopping. We would definetely stay there again when in the area.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
JD Schmuck
"Very simple but nice"
The Aloft was very nice and clean and the room is built to serve our technology by having multiple places to plug in all your electronic gadgets which is always a challenge for me in older hotels that have not been renovated. I was not sure if I liked the set up in the lobby where the bar, front desk, breakfast area are all in one and very much overtly casual but it was all neat and clean. I only had a little bit of time there and thus could not use any of the facilities other than my room. My biggest complaint was the housekeeping lady showing up at 8:15 AM to clean my room when I told her twice that I was checking out that day she could not understand me due to language barriers. I kept saying if I am checking out you do not need to clean the room you come back to turn over the room AFTER I am GONE!!!! Even if I was not checking out, I think 8:15 AM is TOO EARLY to come knocking to clean the room.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
Thank you for your review. We regret to hear if housekeeping showed up too early to clean your guest room on the day you were checking out. It seems there was a language barrier which caused the confusion, and apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured, we will be sure to address this internally so that no other guest reports a similar situation moving forward.
T
"Excellent Hotel"
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. My only minor qualm is that my room had two large windows facing into an office building right across the street. This meant I had to get ready in the morning with the shades fully closed, which completely darkens the room.
2 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
"nice place to spend a night"
Love the facility and the services they provided. My partner and I really enjoyed the place. I will recommend this place to friends and family.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
Thank you for the great comments as well as recommending us to your friends and family!
Benny
"stylish and friendly"
great, stylish hotel with good common room and friendly staff. Not on metro
4 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
"incindentals"
They stay was very nice . However I had prepaid for the room and at check in where a $100 fee was taken out upon check out I was told that it takes 3 to 5 business days to refund my money.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
Almost every hotel requires an incidental deposit which is refunded back to the guest typically within 3-5 business days. We apologize if this caused any inconvenience, and hope to see you again soon. -The Aloft Washington National Harbor Team
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"A Different Experience"
Our first impression was " Whoa". Not what we are used to seeing when we have walked into a hotel. Very eclectic design. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially Roxie. The Hotel and our room were very clean, house keeping on the 6th floor kept shorting us wash clothes and hand towels even after repeated notices to the front desk. Our fan for the room AC rattled at a higher speed, we informed the front desk but it was not fixed, also the tile water feature in the elevators leaked blue dye. A complimentary continental breakfast would have been a nice amenity- there was no restaurant on site as advertised on Hotels.com but, there are $, $$, $$$, $$$, restaurants near by. The available computer station was a great help, in allowing us to access our return Airline information. Free shuttle service to the Metro station was appreciated; however, communication between Hotel and Shuttle company needs to be coordinated better regarding pick up and drop off locations. Also consider running two buses per hour, between hotels and metro.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
John Susan- Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that Roxie left a lasting impression on you! She is a terrific asset to the hotel. We regret to learn about some of the challenges you experienced while on property. Please be aware that Aloft hotels do not offer complimentary continental breakfast, since we are categorized as a select service facility. There is always room for improvement, and that is why we rely on honest guest feedback like yours to improve our service and product. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time you are visiting National Harbor.
6 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
John Susan
"Cool and comfortable"
Had a great stay while attending a conference at the Gaylord. Nice spacious rooms, friendly and capable staff. Would definitely stay here again. Plus across the street from Rosa Mexicano - excellent Mexican food - sangria and table-side fresh guacamole are not to be missed.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Aloft Washington National Harbor! Rosa Mexicano is a great Mexican restaurant here.. you can't beat their fresh table-side guac! We look forward to your next return.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
"close to Harbor activités and Tanger outlet"
Room was small but very modern, cozy and very clean
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
Julian Jackson
"Well Cared For"
Staff was very attentive and helpful. I felt well cared for. They went the extra mile. No true closet. Limited space to hang things for a person staying a week. Probably fine for 2 night stay. Extra hangers were provided when asked for. Breakfast offerings are more than I expected. Beds comfortable but not as luxurious as Club Wyndham Vacation's. One short block from convention center & right in the center of restaurants and other activities.
Response by AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
Sharon- We appreciate you acknowledging our attentive and friendly staff at the hotel. They always work hard to go the extra mile for our guests, and what you’ve described is a prime example of what we strive for, thank you! . It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again soon!
4 night business trip Jul 2, 2014