All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Breakfast is average
    Poor vibe
Free parking Free breakfast Free wifi
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for your positive comments.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2015
Easy check in and out. Free parking.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you. I am glad that your check in and out process was satisfactory. I hope to see you on your next visit to Calgary.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2015
I booked a room via the Internet. When I got to the hotel. I waited 4 hours to get to my room
2 night trip Oct 6, 2015
Osamah
"Great value"
Breakfast was satisfactory. I took my breakfast to my room because of lack of space. Kids were around and enjoying the breakfast though. There was a fridge and microwave in the room - both clean.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for your feedback. We do have a very small breakfast area that limits space in the cooler weather. During the summer we do have a outdoor patio and pool area that allow for a more comfortable breakfast. Our fridges and microwaves are very popular for travelers.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2015
Gillian
"Convenient location"
The front staff is friendly. The location is convenience. The hotel facilities and conditions are not good. Cleanliness is a big concern to me.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate your honest comments. We are an older property; however take great pride in our cleanliness standards and I am concerned that you did not rate this highly and that there were problems. We strive for these high standards and will review your comments.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
sharon
"Stampede 2015"
This hotel is a old building, but its comfortable. The rooms are big enough for a family. Rooms are clean, Front desk staff is friendly. Internet works fine. Bathroom definitely need updates. its small and very old. over all its a good value for money. During the opening of stampede when every place was full, we were still able to find a deal. I recommend this hotel if you are looking for a affordable place to stay.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and providing feedback for future guests that are travelling within a budget. We pride ourselves with very clean rooms and friendly, helpful staff. Thank you for staying with us.
5 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
rajesh
Got a room with refrigerator and microwave. It was clean and comfort, worth the price.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Our opinion od hotel."
We were not impressed with the service or the fact that the pool was closed at 8:00 pm. Also the breakfast was not the best in the way of selection. For the price we felt it could have been better. The person on duty (manager/owner) was not very friendly.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
I am sorry that your stay with us was not to your expectations. Our pool is a great asset to us and it is enjoyed during the summer. We only close the pool when unfortunately there is a safety issue to the guests. The problem is fixed as quickly as possible; however safety is our number one priority. I realize this was a disappointment - but it could not be avoided.
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"Comfortable room"
The rooms were comfortable and clean. What else can you ask for?
Other trip May 28, 2015
Amber
"Very lousy place"
Don't go this place. I don't know how this place met the standards of the Canadas best inn franchise. It seems that the owner bought the very low class old inn and repainted and put some furniture. It is not pleasant to stay. Old and very lousy place. The washroom and bathtub is so small. They put the towel on the toilet cover because it is so small and there is not even shelves. There is not even coffee maker in the room. Even though I fully paid through Expedia, they still asked $200 security deposit. I asked to talk with the manager several times, they ignored it. I heard the receptionist scoffed at my original nationality after guessing it by my last name. I just didn't make trouble and took rest quickly because it was late night and I was very tired after long driving. Overall, it was horrible experience.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
I am sorry that your were unhappy with your stay. All pre-paid reservations are asked for a standard credit card authorization as stated in the original payment contract. Coffee makers are upon requests with notification in the rooms as well as courtesy calls are attempted shortly after check-in to ask if the guest has any issues or requires anything. I apologize that we were evidently unsuccessful in connecting with this call. I am very concerned about comments concerning your original nationality as our Front Desk Staff are committed to customer service.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2015
"OK place for an overnight stay"
The Hotel was older, but in seasonally good condition. The carpets need upgrading. The hotel was easy access in either direction for getting out of the city.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to assist other travelers with their accommodation choices.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"HANDY location."
Not the BEST by any means but certainly adequate.
1 night trip Oct 27, 2014
"Conveniece"
The destination was nearby this hotel. Tha bank and shopping mall is a little far but we can walk to there.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Reasonable motel"
Clean reasonable motel on main road. Staff was friendly and helpful. Eating options within walking distance. Continental breakfast. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Good quality, good price"
I thought we got a fair value for our buck. The service was good. The rooms are spacious, clean , comfortable and wonderfully quiet
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Kathy Zarchukoff
"pleasantly surprised!!"
Before booking, I read quite a few of the reviews on this hotel and they ranged from very good to very bad. The fact that they had an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 was much better than any other hotels in that price range.They also had a free breakfast. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised as the king bed and pillows were very comfortable,Everything in the room worked well (shower ,flat screen T.V., lights, toilet) It even had a hair dryer,fridge and Microwave.The tub was older (green) but who cares abut that? There is an outdoor pool and the breakfast was excellent Would definitely recommend to friends and will stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Gerry
The carpet was dirty, poor lite room, and the a/c didn't work properly
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Frank Hilt
"Convenient, clean and acceptable"
A good value; meager but acceptable breakfast; good location for travelers.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
P. Jacobs
Room was bigger than expected, we booked a double and there were two rooms which was a nice surprise. It was clean with wifi and breakfast. The location was good for the price as well.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Grace
"Just bad"
The only thing nice about this hotel were some of the staff. Although convenient to hwy 1, this also meant lots of road noise and construction. We got in later and hwy machines were still working. The one good thing is the the window air conditioner was loud enough to drown out the construction noise but not loud enough to drown out the sirens of fire trucks, ambulances and police. The a/c unit, was very loud and it was hard to have a conversation and I think it was being held in just silicone (lots). The room had a bad smell and I tried opening windows,on both ends of the room but there was very poor air flow but we sort of got use to the smell. The screen on the one window that I opened was in the bathroom, this is the only way you can vent the stream from the shower... The screen itself is only holding on by a couple of wires, so the steam was gone but the insects came in. The floor is getting weak so you could feel (and hear) the people walking around in the room next to you. I could go on about the room but interesting in the morning after checking out... I past a gentleman that was trying to get into his room but could not. One of the staff were helping him but his door was jammed. The employee was turning the key and putting her shoulder into the door but it wasn't opening. The gentlemen said , " all I want is my suitcase so I can go." Ironically, i know how he felt.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"It was NOT a worst value Inn"
The room that I got was so HOT.... The air conditioner was not working for an hour... the manager changed the room but the problem is the AC condition.. It looks like they never changed the filter and never cleaned... It was so disgusted...
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"very affordable price great location"
the staff are friendly, the free breakfast from 7-10 am is really good customer service... the wifi is ok but if u have shaw account then internet is not gonna be a problem at all; very close to everything that you will need or sightsee for your trip and you can stay for a good price
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Good location."
Everything was really terrific. Our room had 3 queen beds, which was terrific for kids. Staff was friendly and room was very clean. Location was good. The only bad part was the laundry machines would not work.
Other trip May 9, 2014
Chelsey
"Clean but very old"
Very clean room, comfortable bed, nice TV. Bathroom is right out of the 60's with pink toilet and tub. Didn't need the AC but I think that was from the 60's too. Old style motel with all the doors outside. Uses keys rather than key cards.
Other trip May 5, 2014
kami
The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. The furniture is quite dated, but the linens were newer. The bed was remarkably comfortable. No fan in bathroom and could not open window to vent steam. Staff were nice, but several had very limited knowledge about how to get to U Calgary, how to get to train (both of which were just a few blocks away), where there was somewhere we could get egg breakfast (turns out 2 buildings away in either direction.) The building is older and certainly showing it's age.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
A
"Noisier than any other place we have stayed!"
Could not believe the noise level! We checked in around midnight, had to fly out at eleven the next day. We have stayed before and didn't have this issue at all, basically value for your money. This time we were put in an end unit and heard our neighbors partying all night...... Not just one neighbor, all of them around us were running in and out of each other's rooms, slamming doors and fighting until seven in the morning. Calls to the font desk went unanswered. Very disappointed.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Steelers
"Works as needed"
The hotel is located 15 minutes drive to downtown and 7 min walk from Train station that takes directly to downtown in 20 minutes. Biggest problem with this hotel is INTERNET. Internet is very very slow that cannot be even used to check your emails and hotel staff provides zero help for the internet. But overall this hotel just serve the purpose for couple of nights.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Reddy
"Nevermore"
My first and last time. Old old old! Breakfast is paltry. Entrance unwelcoming. Walls are thin. Had to reconnect with internet whenever computer or phone "went to sleep"! Furniture anf feel was cheap.
2 night business trip Mar 17, 2014
"definite value add"
very clean room and a definite value for money. It is indeed an old hotel just as some of the review said but very clean and enjoyable. havent seen another hotel with such a competitive rate and also proving to be clean and trustworthy.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"it is okay motel"
The motel is fine, people there are good, but we found a bee in the washroom which was gross.
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
mark
"Comfortable, good price"
Staff was super friendly, hotel was comfortable and close to everything. Keep up the great work!
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"very old needs up grades"
ok
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
jean
"Too old"
It is time for renovation .... bath tubs are at least 30 years old, so does the furniture look like and the TV. Even though they try to clean everything very good, but that old dirt you cannot remove without renovation.
2 night trip May 3, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Just a decent inexpensive room. Fine for a business trip, but wouldn't use as romantic getaway.
Response by GM
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review.
Business trip Apr 12, 2016
Phil
Amazing staff and stay, I felt really great and comfortable. Unfortunately beds are a little smaller than I thought but we made it work for two. The walls are thin so you can hear what's going on around you (specifically with upstairs) . But I'm super grateful to the staff for answering and working with me with some of my concerns. Would absolutely recommend to anyone who's looking for a place just to rest your heads.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for your comments. Our staff appreciate hearing back when a guest is happy with their service. I am sorry that you experienced noisy neighbours.
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2016
"Friendly but Dated."
Best part of our stay was definitely the staff. Extremely accommodating. The rooms while they were a nice size and clean were definitely showing their age. Beds were adequate, no coffeemaker in the room, (mini)Continental Breakfast in the small foyer wasn't really and option, bathroom was small and you almost have to be a plumber to figure out how to work the Shower/Tub knobs. All of this didn't affect our enjoyment as this type of 2 Storey, front access brought back good memories of my wife's and my early years of travel. While we wouldn't hesitate to stay here in the future the general age of the building and style will soon make this accommodation obsolete in their market.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the positive comments about the staff. We realize that this in an older building but strive very hard to ensure it is very clean and functional.
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2016
Daryl
The room was way to hot and even when the air conditioner was on witch at time would shot up small piace ice
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
I am sorry that your stay with us was not to your expectations. This has been referred to the Maintenance staff.
2 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2016
"Not to Shabby!"
Great for what we needed, planned a girls trip and they provided accommodations for 6 at an affordable price!
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for staying with us. We hope you enjoyed your girls trip to Calgary.
1 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2016
Crystal
"Great price, Clean room, friendly service."
Had to take a couple days due to the odor of having my hardwood refinished. Cost was the major factor. This place was clean, large, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Keep in mind my review was based on the price. Great value and good service. Would stay here again.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and are glad we could assist you while your home was having renovations. Hope to see you again.
2 night trip Mar 11, 2016
Rooms are very dated, old tv, but every thing worked and was very clean, no coffee/tea in the room and the Internet cut out every few minutes that was not pleasant
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
I am sorry that you had some difficulties with your stay. We usually do not have any issues with the internet. We do have coffee makers upon request - I will look into why you did not receive a courtesy phone call after check in to see if there was anything you needed.
1 night trip Jan 20, 2016
robert
"Excellent one night stay!"
Staffs are helpful, breakfast is ok, comfortable beds and clean room. It was a good price for three queen size beds.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for your feedback. Our three queen beds are very popular with families. Hope to see you again on a future trip to Calgary.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
"Basic place to stay in Calgary"
Very basic place to stay in Central/North Calgary. Staff is very friendly.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for your feedback. Our staff appreciate all reviews posted. We take pride in our helpful courteous and professional staff.
3 night business trip Oct 13, 2015
The motel is very outdated. The shower does not keep a steady temperature so one minute you're burning your skin off and the next minute you're freezing. The mattress is definitely over 30 years old and should really be upgraded. The staff are very nice and eager to help. For the price I can't really complain much. Definitely get what you pay for.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
I am sorry your stay with us did not meet with your expectations. We will look into the water temperature issue. All our mattresses are on a rotation that results in the constant turnover of our beds. A clean comfortable bed is one of the top priorities for any accommodation property. Thank you for your feedback.
7 night trip Oct 10, 2015
Beth
"old.."
The staff at the reception was friendly. The room was really old and worn and heater didnt work. Free breakfast wasnt bad but very crowded with people as the reception area doubled as the breakfast room. Some people were eating standing up. It was ok for one night but we would find better place if its for more than a night. There are fast food restaurants right beside so its good location. However there are many other hotels near by
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your honest comments. We have a very small breakfast area and realize that space is extremely cramped in the cooler season. We encourage people in our better weather to utilize our outside patio or pool area. Your concerns regarding the heat have been addressed.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
"Canada's not best hotel."
They want a $250 damage deposit that you don't get back for 10 days. That's ontop of the room rate. There is no coffee maker in the room. The heat cannot be lowered from 25 deg centigrade. The room was hot and no windows would open. The front door uses a metal key that is difficult to use on the lock.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
I am sorry that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. We do take a pre-auth or a credit card that is typically the amount of the stay. When our guests checkout we either close the credit pre-auth for the exact amount or close it completely if the guest is paying with a different credit card. The actual number of days for the pre-auth to be released is based on your bank and its policies. Coffee makers are available upon request. I apologize that our staff did not contact you with our usual courtesy call shortly after check-in to see if there was anything that you needed, as we could have had a coffee pot delivered to your room. The heat issue was referred to maintenance - as well as the windows, as for safety reasons all of our windows open.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2015
"Friendly staff and management"
Friendly always willing to help. Took time to look at the little things that make your stay great.. well done, will return
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
"Overpriced for a Motel"
Room was cleaned but need update big time, the shower head and tap was dripping all nite, had to wrap a towel around it... The room was cold and I got a cold from it. Overpriced and breakfast was cheap, ended up in McDonald's
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
I am sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Nicola
"Good place at good price"
Stayed a week for a couple of projects. Price was right and accommodations were all I needed. Not fancy, but don't need fancy at fancy prices
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Future guests appreciate your honest comments.
5 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
"Nice to stay"
Excellent place ro stay with all facilities....I enjoyed living there....
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
"Back to the 70's ???"
>>> I have not experienced this in the last 20 years: A metal key to lock / unlock room door ??? >>> Same as above. a tube TV hanging from the ceiling ??? >>> Unable internet. Session kept dropping .... very annoying since I was working. >>> Ad states this motel is 4.1 km from the airport ??? No joke, but it is 20 minutes away, driving. That is false advertising.
Response by Canadas Best Value Inn Calgary
We are in the processing of changing our old tv's over to flat screens. I am a little shocked over your inability to maintain a strong WiFi signal. We upgraded our system in June and have had very positive reviews of the new system. I will look into which site has listed us as 4.1 km from the airport as our brand site where most information is generated lists us as being a 25 - 30 minutes drive. I am sorry that your stay with us was unsatisfactory, we do appreciate you taking the time to post a review.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015