All hotels in Kingston, Ontario, Canada
840 Princess Street, Kingston, ON, K7L1G3, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.8
    2.9
"Needs help in maintenance and an upgrade"
Needs help! Dirty rugs, chipped paint. No elevator, but ice is on the 2nd floor. Staff is mundane, but polite. I wouldn't stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
Ronald Lee
"Tired place, but a few pluses."
Tire and showing it's age. Room dark and stuffy, though had a very comfortable king sized bed. Neighborhood a bit down at the heel but has certain pluses in that there is an excellent Chinese restaurant next door and an LCBO store close by. Somewhat paltry continental breakfast. Decent staff. I'd be unlikely to try it again.
2 night romance trip May 28, 2015
"New Renovations = Decent stay"
I stayed here for one night with a friend, and we were pleased with our experience. The staff were courteous and friendly, and very informative. They told us most of the details we needed to know without us even having to ask. Thank you for that! As far as the room goes, the room was a nice size and the bed was comfortable. We found the air little too dry, and the walls a little too thin (we could hear our neighbours in the morning...), but otherwise the room was clean (other than spider webs around the ceiling) and well presented.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Sonya
"Renovated but still feels old"
The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The room and the bathroom were cleaned daily. The room was small, it barely accommodate 3 people, it smelled when we arrived and smelled each time we were returning back to the room. My bottom line, if you manage to book it at a reasonable price and don't plan to stay inside it can be a good deal, for me the only things that matter are the night sleep and a clean bathroom, otherwise, look for other options.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
very Poor, they charged me more 2nd night, I would never go back.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
dave S
"not a pleasant experience"
the road surrounding motel entrance was closed due to construction. called hotel for direction since it didn't show up on my GPS, was put on hold and the person never came back. had to hang up and call again. room smelled musky and unpleasant, bathroom sink was clogged so had to change the room. first room didn't have a fridge.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
Area under construction. Outside hotel bad shape and old. When we were arriving we got concerned, but we got amazingly surprise when we so the renovated room. Service and employs very kind and helpful. Breakfast horrible. Good location close to everything.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Silvia
"Price was the reason we stayed"
The girl on check in was great! Smiling, cheerful and informative. It had a slight smoke odour and a little musty smelling throughout. Could be the carpets. Had a king size bed but was cramped. We stayed there cause it was less than 100.00. It was just a lace Tolstoy our head down really,
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2014
Cindy
"Less than what I was expecting"
Located at 10 minutes from the touristic zone, around the hotel everything was under construction, the sorrounds looked very dirty. The TV room wasn't working well, many channels didn't work. Good Bed and a Good bathroom.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Do not go there"
Horrible
1 night trip Feb 5, 2014
"Breakfast late"
Information by the friendly hostess in the evening was inaccurate for restaurants. The Milestone had good food but extremely poor service at great expense. Morning hostess parked at front of hotel instead of in parking lot so that you could almost not get out of hotel parking. She arrived late and had breakfast ready by 7:20 am. If you need to get on the road or go to work, this motel is not the place to stay unless you eat breakfast somewhere else. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and neat.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2013
Jody
"Far too expensive for what you get"
I didn't care for it.
4 night trip Oct 2, 2013
DaveC
clean and comfortable
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
the room is little small
1 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"A bit long in the tooth"
Somewhat rundown hotel in a not-great area. Tried to close our eyes to the lipstick and cigarette burns on the bedspreads. Recommend bringing slippers.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2013
For the price I had paied I did't expect high class hotel. I was surprise there was no elevators to bring baggage up and although my room was non smoking I could smell smoke through the vents and in the hallway.However I was pleased with front desk service and with service on line when I booked the hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2012
Krystyna

"HHHHHMMMMMMMM"
The shower curtain rod was loose, so thr curtain slid inwards, so we had a puddle on the floor near the sink. We had to navigate around hunks of gum on the back stairs. The silicone around the tub looks mouldy.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"A place for the night"
I stayed two nights at this hotel. Without having any complaints... in my opinion it offers with no frills what a less pretentious traveler needs.
2 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
Mirela
"WIFI was terrible"
Location was good, about 5 min drive to downtown. Free breakfast worked ok for us, just what you can expect for what you pay for. But the WIFI was really horrible, funny, we had to stand at the door of our room to receive WIFI! We told the front desk people but it seemed that they couldn't solve it either.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Good Value"
Just in for one night on a business trip. Hotel was great for my purposes. Continental breakfast was convenient and good value.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Everything was just fine, except for one instance. I asked for a wake up call for 7:30 am in case my alarm clock (which I brought from home) didn't work. I got two wake up calls...one at 1:33 am and 1:38 am and couldn't get back to sleep for some time. I received no wake up call at 7:30 am, however, my alarm clock worked so no problem. That was an irritation. Other that that all was fine.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Only needed a cheap place to sleep, I guess you get what you pay for!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"disapointed"
Very disapointed. Upon entering the facility it looked to be a decent hotel but once we got to out room it was a different story. Initially the room looked decent until further inspection. Our bed sheet was ripped (the bed had been made). The garbage hadn't been changed from the last group and our room had no towels we called front desk but never recieved any so we dried off with the only hand towel in the room.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Margaret A
The Lodge was clean quiet and comfortable....parking lot was plowed nicely and staff were pleasent.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Good for overnight stay"
Just stayed overnight, it's an alright experience.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Don't stay here if you can avoid it!"
There was garbage lady from the people before us. Tub was not cleaned. Mold on walls in bathroom. Kids running up and down halls at 2 am slamming doors.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
neena
"Not happy"
low heating !!!!! not able to control No thermostat !
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Not fancy, but clean, with helpful staff."
We were in town for a funeral, and just needed a place to sleep and get ready in the morning, and it was perfect for that. The room was small, but clean, and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. It is not fancy, but it did the job for us.
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
"good!"
generally it's good, but wifi condition is sooo bad.
1 night business trip Nov 26, 2014
"my stay in kingston"
it was good
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
maurice
"'Econo Lodge, Kingston Ontario"
This was obviously budget accommodation; that said, it was excellent value for the money. The building and fittings are a bit old but no problem with that. The room and bathroom, in particular, were spotlessly clean with towels changed each day. Service at Reception desk exceptionally friendly and helpful and the breakfast adequate. There was a comfortable, friendly atmosphere - I would definitely stay there again and encourage others to do so. It helped make my brief stay in Kingston enjoyable.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
Sheila
"Comfortable little spot.close to amenities."
I enjoyed the area, there was lots to get to within walking distance. The hotel staff were friendly and offered up all that they could. There is easy access to food and shopping.
2 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Stephan
"Great Value"
This hotel is nothing fancy but the room was clean and the bathroom was very nice and bright. A good deal for the cost.
1 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2014
"Typical cheap hotel"
Hotel condition was gross. Stains on carpets. Broken window latches. But bed was very comfortable.
2 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Ray
"Good stay in overall"
Quiet and comfortable, kind and helpful. I asked to the staff for the late check-out, and I could get it with the reasonable charge. Only one thing trouble was that there was no internet connection within the room #122 where I stayed. In overall good stay.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
TAEYEON
"Comfy bed, poor washroom condition"
Broken Toilet paper holder, cheap toilet paper, soap, hair shampoo. Air vent not working. Small Towels, cheap quality. Old Tube TV but with many channels. Poor Engineering of Hotel design and especially access to the parking lot. Free WI-FI is good. Very very comfy beds surprisingly. Friendly staff
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
emmanuel
"Happy Customer!"
Our stay at Econolodge was very pleasant, the room was very clean, the staff was excellent and very helpful and I would highly recommend this motel to everyone.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
Susie
Overall clean room;surprisingly quiet at night despite the proximity to downtown. Ample parking. Some minor maintenance would go a long way to improve looks;missing toilet paper holder and other odd holes in the wall where obviously something was missing. Binder with restaurant tips etc should get fresh information, looks like it has been spilled on numerous times. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff.
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"It is what it is! Cheap for a reason..."
A last minute selection... The bed was comfortable but the bathroom was rather dirty and honestly did not look as if it was cleaned from the last visitor. Would not go back!!!
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"Very friendly people. Excellent location"
Nice free breakfast. Very friendly staff very helpful.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
nicole
"As expected"
The hotel was spare but clean. While the room did not come with a television or remote, the front desk readily sent us both up during our stay. The hotel is within a 20-30 minute walk of downtown and the university but the surrounding neighbourhood is a bit rough, particularly at night.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Kailey
"Basic but no problems"
Mainly a place to sleep. The had a fridge and with a shop across the road everything was available. The breakfast is good and the coffee fresh. The staff are always friendly and helpful. We will stay there again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Great service from front desk, room was a bit dirty.
1 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2014
Jarred
"OVERNIGHT STOP"
Accommodated our late night check in with no additional charge. Friendly staff. Only complaint I had was the fan in the bathroom did not work. Comfy beds. no frills kind of place.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
"Less than average"
I am always wary of a place that has “econo” in its name. I should have heeded that advise. This was our last stop after a one month road trip, so we had to take everything out of the rental car to pack away. The entrance to the motel is all dug up due to road work. There is a big lip at the front door and numerous fire doors to get to your room. There is no luggage trolley so we had to make many trips. In the room, it sounded like the whole buildings HVAC system ran through our wall. The whole room shook. The only positive was there was a waffle maker at breakfast.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Bruce
"Needs cleaning..."
Our hotel room had a centimeter of dust on it's furniture. Our mirror was filthy and there were stains from coffee cups on the furniture. We didn't expect much from this hotel but the fact that minimal cleaning was not performed is very disappointing. We will never stay at another Econo Lodge again.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Tanja
"close to Queen's University"
My stay was short but I was satisfied being close to Queen's University.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Hassan
construction around
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Valiquette Pierre
Whole place run down and not very clean. Room itself a bit better but not by much.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Accessability a nightmare"
It took me approx 1/2 hour circiling the property before I could get in parking lot. The Hotel is located on Princess Street in Kingston which was undergoing construction. My wife had to leave our car at 10 o'clock at night to walk to hotel. I finally went thru an alleyway and LUCKILY found the parking lot. It would have been very helpful if someone from hotel could have called us to let us know the construction problem. The receptionist was very apologitic and agreed that SOMEONE should have contacted us. I will NOT be staying at Econolodge anytime in near future.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014