All hotels in Huntington Beach, California, United States of America
500 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA, 92648, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad internet service
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Bad pool
"Great location, Great Staff"
Easy check-in, very friendly bellman, front desk and servers. Room was very comfortable, bed was comfortable and you couldn't beat the view!
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Broker Richard
"Upscale, trendy beach hotel-perfect for the family"
My four children and I stayed in a room with two queens and a sofa sleeper with an ocean view. The room was very clean and comfortable with plenty of space for all of us. Loved the location and vibe of the hotel. Only missing a POOL!! That would have made it an A+!
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Fellow Shorebreaker, Thanks so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am glad that we had plenty of room for you and your family was so comfortable. We may not have a pool but I am sure you spent plenty of time at the Beach across the street...we consider that our "big pool". Come back soon, -Brent
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Awesome Hotel"
This hotel is outstanding! Our room the whole entire staff were amazing!! I now have a new favorite place to stay! Hopefully be back soon!!
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Cindy, So happy that you had and outstanding experience with us. We love being a favorite so surely come back whenever you can! Surfs up, -Brent
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Cindy
"Amazing staff and great location !!"
We stayed here for 3 days and wished it could have been 30. Staff was amazing and the hotel was so much fun !! Shout out to Cameron at front desk A+
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Traci
"great place to stay"
this hotel was more than I expected, and was an awesome place. we arrived after they had complimentary wine served, and the front desk gave us fl vouchers for a glass at the bar without us asking. the people were friendly and helpful and this was an overall very positive stay!
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Fellow Wine-drinker, So happy to see that you had such a great stay with us and glad the front desk took care of you when you arrived after our hosted reception. Come back again and arrive before 5pm...we can make that more then just one glass of wine! Cheers, -Brent
1 night trip Aug 14, 2015
"Great Beach Hotel"
Had a great stay at Huntington Beach! The staff was super friendly and helpful. Fun area to walk around and shop for beach clothes. Loved the beach chairs that were available from the front desk. Breakfast at the hotel was very delicious.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
CariLyn, Thanks so much for the great review. Stoked to hear that you had such a great time with us. Come back soon! Cheers, -Brent
4 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
CariLyn
Loved all the dog friendliness! Everyone was great!
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Fellow Dog Lover, Thanks so much for the 5 star review! Come back and visit us again soon! Cheers, -Brent
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Cute & clean."
This hotel would be a great place to stay if you have a dog, they are super pet friendly. Our room was cute & clean. It reminded me of a Euro hotel rooms are small but you have everything you need. If you don't mind not having views and a nice pool, I would absolutely recommend this hotel. We only stayed one night, it served its purpose for us, we needed a place to stay for one night. It's not my usual kind of place but overall I think it's a nice hotel.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Carla, Thanks so much for the review and when you come back and want that view, just ask at check in for available upgrades. The cost a little more but are totally worth it! Come back soon, -Brent
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Carla
"Weekend Get Away!!"
We had a great experience and the stay was exactly what we wanted. the Staff was excellent
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Peter, Ecstatic to hear that we were exactly what you wanted and the staff took great care of you! We look forward to exceeding your expectations next time and getting that 5th star. Come back soon, -Brent
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"HB Ocean View"
Great stay ~ Pet friendly ~ Great staff ~
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
dave, Thanks for throwing us 5 stars! Stoked to hear you had a great time and enjoyed the view! Cheers, -Brent
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
dave
The hotel needs to be cleaned esp the floors. It was very loud from PCH and paying extra money for an ocean view is pretty much a waste. The staff was helpful and everyone enjoyed the fire pits and games in the courtyard. It was nice to ride bikes, but they need more. Most of the time they were all checked out. We tried for 4 days and were able to get them 1 day.
4 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"Try the ribs!"
Great Hotel!! We really enjoyed it. Played a bit of ping-pong and used the S'Mores kit we got from the front desk. Love all of the dogs walking around. Really enjoyed it. Try the Ribs in the restaurant! Totally yummy!
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
RENEE, Thanks so much for the 5 Star review! I am stoked you had the chance to experience so much of our property. The Hoisin BBQ ribs are out of this world! Glad you loved them as much as we do! Thanks, Brent McNally General Manager
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
RENEE
"Excellent stay at the ShoreBreak"
This was the first time staying in Hunington Beach. Was really surprise and loved the Hotel. So modern, comfortable and just a great weekend. Can't wait to go back!
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
brandy, Thanks so much for the 5 star review. Drive up and visit us again soon! Surfs Up, -Brent
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
brandy
"Best stay in a long time!"
Staff was always friendly and extremely helpful. Like that it was some what secluded even though it was right in the heart of the pier and surrounding shops.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Susan, Thanks for the 5 star review. We love being in the heart of it all but still not "in the heart of it all". Can't wait for you to come back! Brent McNally General Manager
1 night trip Aug 3, 2015
"Made us feel right at home"
We went there for our Anniversary. When we booked through Expedia, it said we would receive an ocean-view room with a balcony. When we got to our room, it was not a balcony room. I went back to the front desk, and they remedied it immediately. We had to stay one night in the room we were in, but the next day the staff moved our belongings to the new room. For the trouble, they also gave us a $40 credit to the restaurant/bar. Once they found out it was our Anniversary, they offered to make reservations at a local restaurant. When we got to the restaurant, we found out they bought us an appetizer. The next day, they gave us a bottle of wine as well. Overall the room was great. They had umbrellas, towels, beach chairs all available for our use. Wine hour with free wine, fire pits for scores (which they provided). Excellent service - especially from Timmy. Highly recommend.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
David, Happy Anniversary and thanks so much for choosing to spend it with us! I am glad that when we had a little hiccup the team remedied the situation quickly. Timmy is a rockstar and we are lucky to have such a great member on our team. Come back soon! Brent McNally General Manager
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Very nice and friendly workers."
Very good time and clean room! The staff was helpful and very friendly!
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Johnny, This is great! Thanks so much for the 5 star review! Brent McNally General Manager
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Johnny
"discreet is good....my gf may never find out..."
I went to get away from my longtime gf....it was one day shy of our 5 year anniversary and i hadnt asked her to move in let alone marry me... (so i told her we needed time off)....and so i took my lover to this hotel...employees were discreet and my gf never found out. five stars. i hope she doesnt find out...
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Adam, Thanks for mentioning that we deserve 5 stars but sad you clicked on just 1. I am glad that the Shorebreak could accommodate your special needs during your visit. The privacy of our guests is very important to us. Wishing you the best of luck in your relationship(s). Brent McNally General Manager
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Adam
"Fabulous"
Great accommodations, location and service! Nice staff
Fellow Surfer, Thanks for the Fabulous review! Brent McNally General Manager
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"great"
Great as always
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Sean, Thanks for the great review and throwing us 5 stars! See you next time! Brent McNally General Manager
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Sean
"Hard to beat"
Great, convenient location near pier, restaurants, shops, beach ..
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Lupe Reed, Thanks so much for the 5 star review. I am so happy you enjoyed yourself with us and took advantage of our great location! Thanks, Brent McNally General Manager
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Lupe Reed
Loved it. Will stay there anytime I'm in the area from now on.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Monica, This rocks! Thanks for the 5 star review and for choosing us as your go-to hotel! Cheers, Brent McNally General Manager
1 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Monica
Perfect Location!! Great hotel! Everything is nearby. Staff was friendly and helpful. Kids and adults all had a wonderful time. Would highly recommend and I will be coming back. They give out boogie boards, towels, bikes, all free of charge. They even gave us all we needed so the kids could make smores by the fire.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
david, Sounds like you had a blast with us! Thanks so much for the great review. When I read notes like this, it makes me so proud. Come back and visit us again soon! Brent McNally General Manager
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
SWANDED
"Oceanfront -- But Is That Enough?"
Frankly, I expected a better quality room than I received for such an expensive price. The room was big enough, but even though I paid extra for a ocean view patio -- I got a tiny patio too small to enjoy. The neighborhood is cool if you want to get to crowded bars and the beach with minimal effort. However, the rug smelled as if a dog had previously been in there, and I am allergic to most dogs. So, that gave me the impression the hotel had not done a good job of shampooing the rug. Also, the desk and chair in the room showed lots of wear and tear. I won't be back.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
"Excellent hotel."
Excellent hotel. Excellent staff. Room clean and quiet. Hotel location is excellent.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Sybil, Thanks for the excellent review! Looking forward to your return! Brent McNally General Manager
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
a
"great stay"
Loved the hotel and area
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
paula, Thanks for throwing us 5 stars! Come back again soon! Brent McNally General Manager
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
paula
"Great Location For The Beach"
Was in town for work and some fun so the Shorebreak is a must stay . Great location and absolutely wonderful staff , especially Jazzi and Lyndsay . They help your with your every need and are always so pleasant. Can't wait to get back
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Ron, Thanks for the awesome review. High fives have been thrown to Jazzi and Lindsay! They are rock stars and we are so lucky to have them on our team. Come back again soon! Brent McNally General Manager
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
RM
Loved it! Absolutely perfect!
lindsey, Thanks for the 5 star review! Cheers, Brent McNally General Manager
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
lindsey
Great view overlooking the beach. As for the staff, they possess the same attitude, level of service, and professional service as In-n-Out associates. The bottom line is that they love doing what they do!
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Fellow Surfer. Thanks for the awesome review. Gotta be honest, I love me some in-n-out as well! I am so happy the staff took such great care of you! Come back again soon, Brent McNally General Manager
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"July 2015"
Great service, on the pricey side considering no pool.
Kristina
"Family vacation treat!"
My family and I had a marvelous stay at the Shorebreak. The beach/ocean location was perfect and all the family entertainment provided by the hotel made our stay fun and easy to enjoy with our fellow vacationers. Thank you!
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Annette, Thanks so much for the great review and choosing us as your vacation destination! Come back again soon! Thanks, -Brent
Annette
"Amazing hotel in the heart of Huntington Beach"
Absolutely fantastic hotel! Can't wait to go back. The location is amazing - one block off of Main Street and right on PCH - gorgeous view of the Pier and the ocean from our balcony (which you can actually go out on!) The front desk staff was amazingly helpful. We loved that we could get beach chairs, boogie boards and beach towels at the hotel - and all were high quality. The 5:00 wine reception was lovely. Our family of 4 (husband, myself and 16 and 14 year old kids) stayed in a room with a King and a double bed - the room was HUGE! Cannot say enough great things about this hotel.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Friend of Shorebreak, This ROCKS! Thanks so much for the great review. We can't wait for you to come back! Cheers, Brent
"Awesome"
Really nice to stay in Huntington Beach open your balcony lay on the bed and see the pier can't get any better awesome stay
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Jeremy, Thanks so much for the 5 star review. I am happy that you took advantage of our awesome views! Come back soon, -Brent
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Jeremy
"Big dog training grounds u r the test dummy"
Dogs allowed great. But Big dogs allowed with owners who are unable to control them is scary. People use the place to train their dogs. So a lot of heart attack from startled barks by big dogs on stairs. Balcony is open to neighbor balcony,odd security issue. A dog ran into our room from balcony. They charge $25 to check out 1/2 hr later. Cig buts in balcony planters.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Laday vacay"
Great stay, perfect location for a girls beach trip getaway. Carpet in room was a little musty but you kind of expect that with any beachy hotel. Beautiful bathroom. Staff was awesome!!
1 night trip with friends Jul 6, 2015
They weren't ready for check in.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Our stay was awesome could ask for a better hotel located right next to the beach. The only thing that was bad was the resort fee not added to my total cost and the fact that you have to pay for parking.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Great 4th of July Experience at your hotel."
This was my first stay at the Shorebreak Hotel and I must say that overall I was very satisfied with my experience.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Jay
"Great location and Helpful Staff"
Located right in the center of the Huntington Beach fun, the Shorebreak is a pleasing hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. As with all Kimpton Hotel, there is a terrific Happy Hour (wine) and a cool, hip vibe. My only negative about the hotel is that there is no pool.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Suzy2323
staff was great, very friendly and helpful. rooms were very clean with lots of room.
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Staff was very nice but no pool and no view from our balcony.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Perfect for all ages"
Late check out was nice. Wine tasting each night was delightful. Beach towel rentals were clutch. We received an upgrade to a ocean view room, super stoked about that.
2 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2015
"Great location near modern and clean"
It's such a pleasant stay with two young children aged 3 and 5. The hotel is very closed to shops restaurant and the beach. It's so easy to walk everywhere with our children. The Sugar shake cafe is just around the corner doing great breakfast. The hotel itself offers complimentary morning tea/coffee and 5pm wine tasting to hotel guests. One negative things is when we asked for beach towel at 2pm and they ran out completely and the hotel front desk staff that day doesn't seem helpful.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Carrie
"my review of your hotel"
Had a hard time with my keys. On my first day there I had to go down to the front staff two times to get working keys. Then the maintenance came up and had to clean my keys
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Joan
Can't beat the location. A little pricey for what you get, I understand we are paying for location but the rooms did not match the price. Comfortable bedding, clean, but kind of small. Staff was all excellent. We would stay here again.
4 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Dolores
"Great Beach Hotel"
Comfortable and welcoming hotel right on the beach. The rooms are good size and the staff friendly and attentive. Right in the heart of fun!
2 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
Denise
"Comfort in Huntington Beach"
Efficient and friendly staff. Open lobby spaces with bar and coffee bar, ping ping. Lots of outdoor space with fireplaces. I think a nice hotel for younger travelers, but being over 60 we were still happy. Despite being very close to hwy, the hotel was very quiet. The best part, they welcomed our dog. They also had an interesting array of snacks, temporary tattoos, and condoms. Valet parking and bell service.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Andrea
Wonderful stay...staff so friendly...slightly slow service at friday night's dinner....food and service mediocre lovely room....all in all a wonderful stay and we will return Kudos to all who work there and made our time so enjoyable Thank you
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Bad bathroom doors"
The only thing was that the bathroom door slides into place and leaves a little Crack you can see through. This would not be a problem if you are staying by yourself. You also have to valet park or drive into paid parking, that's probably due to it being across the street from the beach. Other than those things it was perfect.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Fellow Surfer, Thanks for the feedback. Hope to see you back again soon. Cheers, Helen
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
Lindsay
"We loved it!!!"
Friendly staff, comfortable beds, fluffy pillows! The rooms were great and we hated to leave! Can't wait to come back.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Fellow Surfer, Thanks for the 5 stars! We always fluff the pillow to make them extra special for our guests. We want you to come back soon as well! Cheers Helen
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
Annette
"Perfect easy get away"
Always very happy staying here, would not stay anywhere else when visiting my hometown.
Response by ShoreBreak, a Kimpton Hotel - Huntington Beach
Debbie, Glad to hear we are choice hotel in HB. Look forward to your return. Cheers Helen
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2015