All hotels in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States of America
4918 Skyland Blvd E, Tuscaloosa, AL, 35405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Musty smell like a basement"
The problem was the smell wet musty like a basement that was really BAD.had to go buy freeze breeze spray to spray the room. One room had bad carpet black spot look like tar
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
CORINE
"Terrible!!"
Terrible staff. Clerk yawned expressively and was unattentive at check in. At check out I had to wait while 4 staff members were occupied w a guest that was complaining. 2 of them were talking to him and tell other two (including yawning clerk) were observing the argument. Room was dirty and reeked of smoke even though it was a nonsmoking room.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2015
Eva Lima
"I'd NEVER stay here again!!"
Sorry, this hotel was bad.... Very run down, dirty, we had to change rooms 3 times... First room had ants. Last room, after 4 days I noticed a big hole in the light fixture by the door and you could see into the celing. I can't say dirty enough. Workout equipment looked like it had never been cleaned, and I pretty much cleaned our room with antibacterial wipes when I finally realized the third room was as good as it gets. The view from our window was a transmission shop that looked like a car junk yard. I we hadn't already paid for the week, I would have checked out and moved hotels ( if you are looking in Tuscaloosa, home2 suites or embassy suites are the best in town) I figure it would be an act of congress to get refunded for this hotel and in the mean time I'd be paying for another. The pool was dirty, didn't even think about going near the hot tub! If you have really low standards for hotels, you will love this one. And NO WASHER AND DRYER. The staff was ok, but we were REALKY disappointed by this hotel.
5 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Excellent. Was pleasantly surprised. Totally great stay.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2015
Shielagh
"I will book again!"
This was my first time staying at a Wingate property but it will not be my last. I was in Tuscaloosa for a family Function but I’d booked the Ramada first. That hotel was a mess. We left and went to the Wingate which was lovely!!! Justin at the Front Desk was very Helpful, professional, and I have to add handsome. He answer very question we had about Tuscaloosa because it was are first time there. I will book the hotel the next time I'm in Town.
4 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Arthur
"not worth the money"
we called ahead and asked for the ac to be turned on when booking they said they would but they didnt... the room was really hot when we arrived around midnight in July.... it took until almost 2 in the am before the room was cool enough to sleep... the toilet seat was broken, the ac vent was VERY nasty so mich so it had small rocks in it???? also other things in the room was dusty like it had t been wiped down in awhile...inwas glad my puppy could stay but i wouldnt pay that much for that caliber of a hotel again
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Staff was friendly and helpful for the most part. Asked for towels at the pool and never got any. after 30 minutes we just dripped through the lobby to our room. Called front desk for towels so we could shower and was told they were being washed at that moment. If you choose to stay here bring your own towels.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Not Bad"
The girls at the front desk were very nice. I just wasn't fan of the location, not much around the hotel.
3 night business trip May 14, 2015
Cherae
"not happy"
Staff was extremely nice and helpful but the condition ofmy room and the floor it was on are another story. When I exited the elevator for my room the carpet was soaked from the ice machine leaking. My brother reported it but the next day there was yet more water and not even sign warning you that the carpet was soaked. My chair in the room appear ed to be covered ì either fine crumbs or dandruff. There was what could have been dirt from a plant in top of the air conditioner and the refrigerator was turned up but remained warm.Summing it up....my say was not enjoyable at all.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
angela
"Great for our trip to UA"
Nice hotel at a good price
2 night family trip May 27, 2015
"A+ hotel stay"
Very convenient place to stay on the way to NOLA. Great beds, stylish rooms, nice breakfast.
1 night trip with friends Apr 9, 2015
marguerite
"Moldy/Musty"
Room smelled musty and floors were stained. The shower had mold all around the tub!
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"A winner"
Great room. Comfortable beds. Nice free breakfast. Easy access on and off the Interstate.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Carole
"Great and helpful staff."
We had booked a room and that night there was a large group that was there so the staff moved our room assignment to a more quiet area. They were very helpful.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Quick check in, nice clean room. Hot tub and pool area small but nice. Not much for views but the Hotel accommodations do there job.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Wingate met expectations"
Room was clean. Breakfast had good variety.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!"
I travel a good bit and I'm not an overly picky person but this is by far the worst hotel I've ever been in. It was so bad that I packed up my belongings within 30 minutes of arriving and went and stayed somewhere else. When you walk in the lobby, you're hit by a foul odor. When I walked into the room, I tried turning on the lights, after 3 switches that didn't work, I tried the light by the bed. While, it did come on, the fixture fell off the wall. There was mold along the baseboard by the window as well. The mattress was sunken in towards this middle as if it was completely worn out. The lady at the front desk wasn't helpful in any way when we came to ask for a refund. She flat out lied to us and said that we had been refunded but couldn't show us any documentation to back that. After digging, I found out she lied to me and all she did was "Check us out" of the room. While trying to get it resolved, I used the restroom in the lobby and when I went to wash my hands, the soap dispenser fell off the wall. Yes, it's that bad. Avoid at all costs.
Justin
"STAY AWAY!!!!"
Justin
"Clean and Friendly"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Had a hard time parking first night due to large tractor trailers blocking entrance. Room overlooked a transmission shop that was junky.
2 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"college trip"
we stopped for a college visit at AU and stayed for 2 nights. Room was fairly clean, corners in bathroom were not well cleaned, and the tub had a few chips, but not so bad I wouldn't come back. My wife 'used' the work-out facilities, but commented that you could tell the room was not cleaned regularly as sweat drops could be seen on each piece of equipment, and she avoided the mat completely. We also wish the pool had been heated as the day we stayed was warm, but not hot enough to warm the pool. The breakfast bar was as expected, compared with other hotels.
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Ron
"Very Nice"
We didn't know anything about your hotel but enjoyed it very much.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
"Visiting Colleges"
The staff was great, the rooms not so much. The plumbing for the shower was ready to fall out of the shower unit and stayed barely warm, disappointing when driving all day not to get a hot shower.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Good Overall"
Great rooms, but I didn't like the hardwood floors. Every noise I made echoed, and I was sure of that because I could hear every other room nearby.
3 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"Needs a bit of renovating"
Stayed here 4 years ago when my niece started college at the University of Alabama. It could use a facial lift. The bathrooms need updating. The eating area is nice & the beds are comfy. The staff is terrific.
3 night trip Mar 6, 2015
Melinda
Stayed 2 nights, nice experience. Beds were comfortable, staff friendly. Location fair.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"very nice, especially for the price"
Big room, wood floors, micro, fridge, walkin shower.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
greg
"What a great experience after all day on the road!"
Clean, clean, comfy! Great hotel! Great location!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Nice hotel, had a great breakfast, was conveniently located near University of Alabama and reasonably priced.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Great stay!
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Only problems were ac cover was on the floor. Did not have any effect on ac ability though. And hot tub was out of order. Not that we would have used it but others should know in advance of booking.
Hotel was nice. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Room was nice, very tastefully decorated but showing a little wear (water damage to floor around AC unit). Breakfast was about average for a free hotel breakfast.
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
"OK Hotel in Tuscaloosa"
Room was OK. Clean. Needs some maintenace. Toilet loose and wobbles (kind of a suprise when you sit), Coffee maker was difficult to get to work and coffee supplies were not complete or adaquate. Shower doors completely off track at bottom. Staff was very courteous and friendly. Seemed expensive for what it was.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Staff was very helpful and friendly!"
We would definitely stay here again. Very convenient and clean.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
kevin
"Not great"
Not the greatest of places. My view was a transmission shop. The lady at the front desk when I checked in was not pleasant. Somehow I ended up with a handicapped room which was not what I wanted. Hardwood floors throughout the room. Mold in the shower and tub area. Not a clean room. TV was small and had poor reception. If you like the sound of trains at 2AM, this is the place for you.
1 night trip Jan 13, 2015
Stephen
"Travel"
Hotel staff very helpful and friendly. Beds in room are great. Room furniture can use a update.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Road trip trave
"will stay again"
Great Breakfast. Very Nice people.
3 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Jorge
"Average bed, great value"
Aside from the bedspring mattress being noticeably old and sagging in the middle, the room itself was great. Staff was exceptionally helpful. Hot Tub was out of service and gym was not well stocked. Close to a gas station, burger king and waffle house, so no lack of meals. One of the best breakfasts I've had at a hotel. All for less than 100 dollars a night. If you need a place to stay, this is a great choice.
6 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"Windgate Tuscaloosa"
We travel through Tuscaloosa every Thanksgiving. The hotel room upkeep and cleanliness has deteriorated significantly since last year. The elevator floor was filthy and the elevator smelled very bad. Disappointing.
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Shannon
Stayed one night. Everything went well. Water stood a little bit in the shower. No legitimate complaints.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"good hotel, decent price"
Easy access to the highway, clean rooms.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Caitlin
"Bama college visit"
Room and service were great, breakfast was very good. Outdoor pool was cold, but it was October.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Paul J
"Visiting Mom"
The hotel was OK, but my stay was not pleasing. I was on the 4th floor, and it got pretty noisy. On Saturday night, the staff had to call the police because of the noise. The first room I was assigned was dusty, and the refrigerator did not work. Then, I moved to another room, the refrigerator worked, but not very well. The room had a tub, but the drainage was stopped-up. While taking a shower, the tub would fill up. The staff was very nice, but I will not stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Tony
"Pet Friendly"
The hotel was selected because of its pet friendly policy. If not for having had a pet we would have not stayed at the location. It was far from any restaurants and places of interest. The room was moderately clean however our bathroom smelled as though a dirty mop had been used to clean the bathroom. We would have to consider another property in the future as we have found many pet friendly facilities we would choose over your establishment.
1 night family trip Sep 15, 2014
staff was excellent --- bathroom in room needs some T.L.C. -- toilet seat broken shower needs work.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
ken
"Pretty Good"
Overall the hotel was ok. The service was very good but the hotel was a bit run down. We had peeling wallpaper in our bathroom. In addition everything (hallways, room, breakfast area) smelled like perfume or something like Febreeze. The beds were comfy though and that's what matters.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Nice for the price"
The hotel staff was friendly. Location was excellent for us. Room was comfortable and clean.....mattress was better than most. Breakfast leaves something to be desired. It is OK, but nothing that makes it stand out. I did have to book 2 times because I saw a different advertised and lower price a week later. I was disappointed that when Expedia advertises a lower rate, they don't advise their (already booked) customers of the change.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Peg
"Overnight stay on trip east"
As described. Clean room, friendly staff, free breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Trent
"close enough to Tuscaloosa"
I have stayed here before while attending parent events at U of A. The hotel overall is ok and the location is relatively close to the University. The included breakfast is good, and the cleanliness of the room is good. The bathroom could be cleaner, and the WIFI is SUPER SLOW, making it impossible to work some of the time. Because of the WIFI issue I would most likely not stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Always Satisfied"
We have stayed here many times and are always satisfied. In fact, I always look for something closer to UA since location is the only shortcoming of this hotel and end up opting for cleanliness and cost and convenience. The location is not bad. We are always there for something related to the university and, therefore, would like something a bit closer.....or at least a location that didn't require us to drive down McFarland several times since that street is the "least scenic" part of Tuscaloosa. Mileage wise the hotel is probably less than five miles from campus; however, the traffic results in travel time that can be really long, especially during the fall when students are back in town. Again, it isn't bad and just demonstrates that this is a great place to stay since that is the ONLY negative. The price is always the same....@ $110...no wild fluctuations like the hotels close to UA. The employees are always pleasant so it must be a happy place to work as well.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Beds are so comfortable but the bathroom made my skin crawl. Shower had mold and mildew everywhere !!!! Toliet continuously ran and worst coffee maker ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Aug 3, 2014