All hotels in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States of America
4918 Skyland Blvd E, Tuscaloosa, AL, 35405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

staff was excellent --- bathroom in room needs some T.L.C. -- toilet seat broken shower needs work.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
ken
"Pretty Good"
Overall the hotel was ok. The service was very good but the hotel was a bit run down. We had peeling wallpaper in our bathroom. In addition everything (hallways, room, breakfast area) smelled like perfume or something like Febreeze. The beds were comfy though and that's what matters.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Nice for the price"
The hotel staff was friendly. Location was excellent for us. Room was comfortable and clean.....mattress was better than most. Breakfast leaves something to be desired. It is OK, but nothing that makes it stand out. I did have to book 2 times because I saw a different advertised and lower price a week later. I was disappointed that when Expedia advertises a lower rate, they don't advise their (already booked) customers of the change.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Peg
"Overnight stay on trip east"
As described. Clean room, friendly staff, free breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Trent
"close enough to Tuscaloosa"
I have stayed here before while attending parent events at U of A. The hotel overall is ok and the location is relatively close to the University. The included breakfast is good, and the cleanliness of the room is good. The bathroom could be cleaner, and the WIFI is SUPER SLOW, making it impossible to work some of the time. Because of the WIFI issue I would most likely not stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Always Satisfied"
We have stayed here many times and are always satisfied. In fact, I always look for something closer to UA since location is the only shortcoming of this hotel and end up opting for cleanliness and cost and convenience. The location is not bad. We are always there for something related to the university and, therefore, would like something a bit closer.....or at least a location that didn't require us to drive down McFarland several times since that street is the "least scenic" part of Tuscaloosa. Mileage wise the hotel is probably less than five miles from campus; however, the traffic results in travel time that can be really long, especially during the fall when students are back in town. Again, it isn't bad and just demonstrates that this is a great place to stay since that is the ONLY negative. The price is always the same....@ $110...no wild fluctuations like the hotels close to UA. The employees are always pleasant so it must be a happy place to work as well.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Beds are so comfortable but the bathroom made my skin crawl. Shower had mold and mildew everywhere !!!! Toliet continuously ran and worst coffee maker ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
sw
Great overnight stay. Clean rooms, good hot breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"overall, not bad"
Mattress felt old
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
william s hill
Had a great stay. Room had hardwood instead of carpet. Perfect for traveling with pets.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
I liked our room. It had hardwood floor and tile. The pool however was very cloudy. Overall it was a good stay.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"Ok, but ...."
I liked that our room had a laminated wood floor. I hate the thought of walking on hotel carpets barefoot but that's just me. The room & bathroom was clean but everything in it was so noisy. The airconditioning unit sounded like aircraft taking off, the refrigerator kept running very loudly through the night & the box spring on our bed made a noise like an empty train station any time either of us moved. It didn't make for a restful night.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Ki
"Lovely stay"
Courteous staff and clean hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
"Disgusting..."
The room was filthy. I think the housekeeping staff must have been on vacation. There were drink bottles, candy wrappers under the sides of the bed.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
"Easy Access"
The overall stay was very good
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
Aaron
Hotel was adequate for overnight stay. Lamp had no light bulb. Room overlooked a transmission shop (junk yard). But room was clean, service adequate.
3 night trip Jun 24, 2014
The hotel was really nice. The room was clean and spacious. It is very accessible right off of the interstate.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Should have been better, or should have paid less."
When I am traveling by myself, I usually just stay at a basic hotel with a cheap rate. But since my wife and son were traveling with me, I decided to spring for a nicer place and spend more. Sadly, I wish I had just booked a cheaper hotel. I would have gotten the same thing and saved some money. When we arrived, the trash cans out front were overflowing. Literally. When I walked into the lobby and up to the counter, no one said anything. Literally. That is until the lady said "he will help you in just a minute." So I walked over to the young man who said nothing for probably 45 seconds (which is a long time for silence) and then began our brief conversation with "what is the last name?" Disappointing. I was told my room number. No welcome. No questions about why we are here (at least pretend your interested). Nothing. Again, disappointing. Our room was ok. I like the hard wood floors - first time I've ever seen that in a hotel. Until we saw the water damage done by the air conditioner. And the floors are a bit sticky - too much cleaner. The beds were fine and seemed clean. That's a plus. Then I saw on our desk chair some sort of spots. I don't even want to think about what those are. Gross. Breakfast downstairs was ok. The waffles were good. The sausage and eggs were not. But hey, it's a free breakfast. Again, all in all, the experience wasn't terrible. I just wish I would have booked a different (and cheaper) hotel.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Quiet"
Far enough from downtown to be quiet but close enough to be convenient. Breakfast was average.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
I have never stayed at a Wingate and I was very impressed. I was able to use the gym both days of my stay without any problems. I did have some issues keeping my room cool enough, but eventually I was able to get the air to my comfort level. The bed was very comfortable and the room was huge and very clean. I'd stay here again without a doubt. I was a little concerned about the location since I had to be downtown all weekend, but I was able to get to my destination very quickly with little to no traffic.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Sara
"Nice, but pricey"
Nice hotel. Wood floors, attractive rooms. Just a little overpriced for what you get.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
Sonny
"A Day bust"
Called ahead and confirmed access to roll-away bed prior to booking, but was not available when arrived. Mgr found an old inflatable mattress, but it wouldn't hold air. Adult daughter had to sleep on floor. Never again!
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Windgate Tuscaloosa"
This is a dependable hotel. I can always depend on a clean room , free breakfast and friendly staff. I like that the hotel sits off the interstate and is convenient to Tuscaloosa but is also off the first exit into town from the Birmingham airport.
2 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
"A nice hotel"
We had a nice stay at this hotel. Beds were super comfortable. I would recommend it to others.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Not What you would expect"
from the online pictures and the ratings i thought that this would be a good hotel. turns out it was a below average hotel with very poor excuse of cleanliness. Might as well stay anywhere else for half the price.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Definitely stay here again!"
This was our 2nd stay at a Wingate, 2 weekends in a row, and I can honestly say, this will always be our choice whenever we travel! Rooms are clean, comfortable and the service was great! Kudos to Susie at the front desk for all of her help when we had a scheduling mixup:) I will definitely recommend this hotel!!!!
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Sherry
"Wi Fi did not work"
The room was clean and comfortable. We were very disappointed to not be able to maintain a wireless connection. We had plans to look up our planned route and the connection would not stay on for our use.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Nice hotel, right off the interstate"
I have stayed at this hotel before, it has become my hotel of choice when traveling into the Tuscaloosa area. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. Rooms are big and clean. Hot tub is great!
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Darrell
I thought everything was great, except the one day that my room was not cleaned. We were there three nights, the person came in the room and removed the trash from the garbage can but did not make up the bed nor did she remove the the used towels, so that night when I got back to the hotel I went downstairs to get clean towels for the next morning. Other than that we had a Great stay, and yes we would go back again.
3 night trip Mar 14, 2014
SMapp
"Two Night Stay"
This hotel was pretty nice. Good value. The rooms were clean, the lobby was nice and had a decent hot breakfast included. My only issues were the bathroom door didn't latch and the shower head was loose and would not tilt. These are fairly minor problems which are easily repaired. Overall the hotel was adequate and close to the highway. The view out of my room was the mechanics shop next door. The staff was helpful and friendly.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Perfect for Univ of Alabama weekends"
Great expectations! Friendly staff, comfy beds and within minutes of campus.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Bama Mom
"I little far away from UA campus"
Very clean and comfortable! Breakfast had something for everyone!
3 night trip Mar 6, 2014
julie
"College Visitation"
The hotel was clean and the breakfast was great. The only bad thing I would have to comment on is our room had a bad smell (like body odor) and they tried to mask the odor with alot of room freshner. Also the grout in the tub looked dirty. The location was very convenient.
2 night trip Feb 26, 2014
Marianne
"Nice Hotel and nice to the University"
Friendly staff, clean rooms, and convenient to everything
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Leslie
"Wivgate By Wyndham Tuscaloosa"
Our stay at Wingate By Wyndham Tuscaloosa was fantastic. I enjoyed the location, close to all the happening in Tuscaloosa but out away from the noise and congestion. It was quiet, the bed slept very comfortably and housekeeping was superb, the continental breakfast was delicious and plentiful, the coffee was excellent and available 24/7. The exercise room and spa was ok. Hint: expand the exercise facility.
2 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2014
"Roll Tide"
Excellent Hotel, staff was very courteous and professional.My daughter will be attending University of Alabama in the fall and this will definitely be the hotel my family stays at when we come to visit.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Greg A
"Would recommend"
Clean, good hot breakfast, and close to university.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Close to interstate."
Front door to room wouldn't' t lock. Staff came right away to fix it. Then toilet ran, shower door was loose and swung in and out of shower and bathroom had no soap. Lighting VERY poor. One wall lamp didn't work at all. Breakfast was excellent and staff very helpful and friendly. With a little tlc this place would be great.
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"Clean and Great Service"
The service from the time we came in until the time we left was superb. The breakfast was wonderful, waffles, bacon, eggs and even hot oatmeal already prepared. Room was very clean, and I am very picky about this. Bed and pillows not the most comfortable, but I have a Tempurpedic at home and it is hard to sleep away from home. We were very satisfied, and would not hestitate staying again.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Natalie
"Busy weekend stay in Tuscaloosa"
Hotel was easy to get to, reasonably priced, and very clean.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
"Nice hotel and affordable"
The hotel was nice but not as close to campus as the site claimed but still close to everything. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
trisha
"Weekend getaway from home and work"
We were greeted by this very nice young lady her name was Allison she was great and made sure our stay was great and recommended the suite with hardwood floors all in all it was great trip we visited family while in tuscaloosa and wife shopped and was very close to quite a few nice resturants. Thanks again and i will be staying here again soon.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
"Nice Hotel - Needs a little Maintenance"
The hotel was a nice hotel. The staff were very prompt and helpful. The beds slept great. We had a double queen room. The floors were carpet and I was expecting wood floors based on the website. We did see another room down the hall with wood floors that was very nice. The hotel did need a little maintenance. There appeared to be a little water damage on the ceilings downstairs by the elevators. Also, our shower walls appeared either dirty or it was time to replace them and the carpet in our room had a few stains. The hotel was convenient to Tuscaloosa attractions. It was within a 10 to 15 minute drive to most places. Overall, we had a good stay. The maintenance issues appeared to be minor, but with time, could be bad!!
1 night trip Jan 24, 2014
"Things not as good as previous visits."
Room not as clean as previous visits and professionalism on behalf of staff was lacking. Not very helpful a desk.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
"Great Hotel Not Far from University of Alabama"
Check-In was amazingly quick. Room was spacious and very clean with no unwanted smells. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast in morning was very good.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
John S.
"Very nice, comfortable, clean, and updated."
Free WiFi, nice indoor Jacuzzi for adult relaxation, quality free breakfast, and super clean &comfortable room.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Bray Family
This was a good hotel for our trip. Convenient, clean, and nice people.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Leslie
"convenient to Interstate"
The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable, which was great because I was tired was hoping for that. The little personals shampoo/conditioner/soaps were nicer than your normal that is you usually get in hotels. The towels/cloths appeared clean and for an OCD person that is a must. I didn't feel I had to wear my flip flops in the shower as usual either and that says a lot. Water was nice and hot for the shower as well. For the TV...would be a nice touch if a guide could be located that is the only thing that could be added. Great stay overall.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
deigh
"Great hotel. Close to University of Alabama."
Stayed there prior to 2013 NCAA South Regional XC Championship. Hotel was modern and clean. Staff was courteous and helpful.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013