All hotels in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada

Great amenities
    Great pool
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
Great internet. Most comfortable bed I have ever stayed in in a hotel. Breakfast was good but was a zoo. Definitely would stay here again.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
"always great!"
Amazing service as always
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Joanne
"Excellent location and view"
Stayed for one week. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Did walking trips all around the hotel.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Harry
"Wonderful Hotel"
This was a great hotel. The rooms were nice with all the usual amenities. We really enjoyed the daily breakfast -- the waffles were great. There was also an indoor pool with a water slide! The hotel staff were wonderful too and helped us in any way we needed.
3 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"High Five"
We loved this hotel. The Quality of service was fantastic. Water slide was wonderful.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"It was fine"
I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 3 nights. It was pleasant and clean. The hotel is near a strip mall with restaurants and stores within easy walking distance. You can also walk to Shubie park to spend some time outdoors. The staff was friendly. They helped us get a cab when we needed it. There isn't really a view of anything nice from the hotel so it doesn't matter which room you stay in. We were put in a room near the elevator, which I expected to be annoying. But the noise wasn't bad, just an occasional child running through the hall or the doorbell dinging if you listened closely. We noticed the hotel website said they offer bike rentals and asked about it at the front desk. No one knew about it so they had to go ask someone else, only to return to tell us it was a summer promotion that was unavailable as the bikes would be out of service for our entire stay. So basically we got what we expected. If you need a hotel in that part of town, Hampton Inn Dartmouth is a fine one.
3 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2015
Meagan
"Enjoyed it totally."
Met all expectations. The Hotel was new and had a nice indoor pool and exercise room.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
Ed
"1 Night Stop"
Overnight stay en route to the US. Convenient to down town and nearby shopping. Friendly staff and a hot breakfast.
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
DANIEL
"Repeat Guests-Disappointing Breakfast This Time"
Everything was great, but we were quite disappointed in the Breakfast this time...We had to go down 3-4 times in order to hit at a time where things were replenished...We have stayed here many times and never had this issue...It put us a bit behind schedule as breakfast is included and it was only fair that we had access to it so we were running in the end about an hour late...Even when we finally hit it at an time where MOST everything was there, we were still missing the Oatmeal and Muffins...Staff were all nice as usual and the room seemed nice and clean...
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Ryan
Very satisfied. Staff were excellent.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Excellent convenient location with good access to major highways
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Very nice hotel in a great location! Hotel was clean and also had a good breakfast.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Perfect Retreat"
The Hotel is located right off the highway, easy access. A big plus is that it is located inside a shopping complex. Rooms were clean and well maintained. The Free Morning Buffet never left us hungry. Coffee available all day long. There was pool, but we did not use it. Two elevators and no waiting time. Free parking and pets welcome. The room next to us had a dog and the only time we heard him bark was when their door was open. No noise through the walls. The front staff were knowledgeable of the Halifax area and helped us quite a bit.
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
George T
"July stay."
Only complaint would be about the breakfast . Cold and in some cases tasteless.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Newer hotel"
We had difficulty finding this hotel as it is so new that the streets are not on a GPS. I thought this would be a convenient place to stay to get to downtown Halifax but it required more of a drive to get there than I thought, maneuvering around suburbia Dartmouth and the highways. The hotel was fine except that we were placed in a room with connecting doors and the people next door had children who made noise late into the evening. There is a very nice outlet center nearby as well as other shopping.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
MC
"Easy access to highway and Halifax"
Fantastic. Our four kids loved it. Lots of space in room even when sofa bed was pulled out. Definitely stay there again if in the area.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
Katherine
"VERY NICE ROOMS"
Enjoyed it very much!
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2014
"great place"
Wonderful stay as always. This was our 7th time at this spot!
1 night trip Sep 9, 2013
"Very convenient"
Enjoyed the comfort; surroundings and amenities of the hotel. Very quiet.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2013
Alain
"nice clean hotel close to everything"
Nice indoor pool for adults and kids with lot of space.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Lanny
Great hotel, however the lack of pool towels was dissapointing. it was 7pm and they gave me the last two towels available for the night.(there was 5 of us) and the pool is open until 11pm. The towels were hard to access, nowhere in sight.
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"A total zoo"
When we got there, there was a small army of hockey teams (kids) running wild all over the hotel, making it impossible to imagine a restful night's sleep. We ended up going elsewhere and did receive good service from the attendants as far as reimbursing our stay. However, they freely told us that this was a regular situation at this hotel and I felt I should let others know before they booked. Lesson learned: check if there are teams staying there before booking.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Hello Denis, Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the teams we had in over SEDMAH and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. We do everything we can to eliminate noise concerns by adding extra staff, hiring outside security and much more. We do have teams stay with us quite often but the particular tournament is not like the others. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again. Sincerely, Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton
3 night romance trip Mar 25, 2016
Denis
We had a great stay. The only thing was someone pulled the fire alarm in the middle of the night. It was hard getting the kids back to sleep. The fire truck was outside of our room so the lights continued. We lost a few hours sleep in the mix. A bit disappointing! Pool and hotel staff were excellent.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Hello, Thank you for letting us know about your great stay (minus the fire alarm). We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation due to the actions of another guest. I can tell you this is a rare occurrence and we are very sorry about then disruption to your sleep. We hope to see you again for another great stay and a more sound sleep. Sincerely, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2016
We really enjoyed our stay! We will always plan to come back every time we plan to stay in Halifax!
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Greetings from the Hampton Inn & Suites, Thank you for completing our survey regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we certainly appreciate your feedback. We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you will consider staying with us again. Thank you
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2016
Quick trip to shop and see family
1 night family trip Feb 26, 2016
"Good as always"
Nice n relaxing
1 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
Christopher
"Friendly and helpful staff"
The kids had a great time at the pool. The girl at the front desk printed off directions for us for our destination the next day. The staff promptly came up to the room and checked our pillows when I called the front desk - my son and I are allergic to feathers - and they brought a synthetic with them. Great selection for breakfast as well. I would stay there again.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Hello Pam, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are delighted you had a great family excursion and the staff went above and beyond. We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you will consider staying with us again. Sincerely, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2016
PAM
great spot. The plug off the hair dryer was burnt and melted, which isn't the fault of the hotel, and when I told the desk it was noted to be fixed. Other than that, it was great.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Greetings from Dartmouth, Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and the location. We appreciate you bringing the cord concerns to our attention to be looked at and fixed. We hope to see you again when you are back in the area. Sincerely, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2016
My children love the waterslide, it's their hotel of choice everytime!
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Hello, Thank you for completing our survey regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we certainly appreciate your feedback. We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you will consider staying with us again. Sincerely, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
The room was nothing special. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was not in good shape. It needed a good cleaning but the worse was the shower curtain. It was too short and there was no way to prevent flooding when showering. I complained to the desk and I was told to turn the nozzle toward the wall. The wall got cleaned. They were not very happy when I requested extra towels. Shower curtain was replaced late the next day after numerous requests.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Hello, Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the shower in your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping and front desk staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again. Sincerely, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
3 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
"Great Customer Service"
We went to the city to see friends from out of town who were also staying at the hotel. We tried to get adjourning rooms but they had none available. The hotel upgraded our room and put us on the same floor, side by side. We felt the staff went above and beyound to accomodate our needs.
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
"Beautiful hotel, horrible staff"
The hotel itself was beautiful and the pool was amazing the kids loved it, but the staff were very unfriendly and not helpful at all even with questions about the nearby area or amenaties at their own hotel.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Hello Thomas, Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I am very shocked to hear that our staff did not answer your questions about the hotel and surrounding areas. We usually hear how awesome they are and apologize you did not get to experience this. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation during your stay. I will be sharing your comments with the entire team and working with them to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again. Sincerely, Hampton Inn & Suites - Halifax/Dartmouth
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Thomas James joseph
Overall we had a great stay, except for the maid taking our pizza! When I told the front desk staff they said it was normal and that they assumed it was garbage! When I told it wasn't gabage and how upset I was he said all I can do is offer youa new pizza! No appology! First time ever that we stayed at this hotel and something was taking! I felt violated!
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Hello Caroline, Thank you for completing our survey regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we certainly appreciate your feedback. We are very sorry your pizza was placed in the garbage by the cleaning staff and I am happy they tried to make it right by offering to purchase a new one for you. I will make sure that in the future their first reaction is an apology. We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you will consider staying with us again. Sincerely, Annette Williston 902-406-8563
2 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
caroline
"Do not Disturb?"
we stayed two nights at this Hotel,hopeing to get some badly needed relaxation. On the second day I put out the DO not Disturb sign and tried to take an afternoon nap. I was almost asleep when I was awaken by the phone ringing loudly next to me. It was Housekeeping. They saw my Do not Disturb sign so instead of knocking on the door the policy is to call to see if I needed anything! So you see the sign did not work and I did not get my afternoon nap. In future we will stay at a hotel that does not bother it's guests with silly phone calls.
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
"Very nice place to stay! Lots of shopping places"
I arrived in a rain storm and was nice to have a parking place close by! The staff is very friendly!
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
"Our favorite place to stay while in the city..."
Great as usual.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
Hot tub was closed for the 4 days I was there. Told the staff I wanted to cancel the stay so I could go to another hotel with a hot tub. They said I couldnt. Not very professional. Hotel was very clean
4 night trip Oct 16, 2015
"Great Stay!"
Beautiful room and a wonderful stay. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Cecilia
"Enjoyed stay"
We enjoyed our stay, would recommend.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
marina e
"Nice hotel but."
I was very disappointed that I could not get an early check in, not only did I not get this and not able to decorate the hotel for a sweet 16th I was told that I had the wrong check in time I arrived after three and was told that check in was 4 and expedia had the wrong check in time which was 3. I was so upset I could have screamed. I had 4 young ladies waiting and had to have someone keep them out until I was able to decorate the room. I stay at this hotel at least once or twice a year and a couple of other times with others. I was very disappointed considering it was my daughter's sweet 16 and I booked so far ahead of time. I don't know who has the wrong time of check in but I have book non refundable for one more night in December and then I may have to find another place to stay. Sorry but right now I am unable to say anything very nice, my other stays were very good.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Debbie
"Nice Hotel within easy reach of shopping areas"
Great room, great staff, nice pool (a little cold) and great breakfast = good stay
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
Jenny
"Needs a good cleaning"
Check was minimal courtesy. The room has nice decor, comfortable bed but there are a lot scuff marks on doors, hallways, and the grout in the bathroom needs attention, dirty! The pool area also needs thorough cleaning, the jets are barely running in the hot tub.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
Doreen
"The baseball hat oops"
The room had obviously not been cleaned well enough as there was a hat beside the chair (a baseball cap, one of the kids expensive ones my child tells me) and if it had been vacuumed well they would have found the hat.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Johanna
"Enjoyed our stay and recommend to any traveller"
The staff are friendly and very helpful. Well laid out hotel with features suitable for both business travellers and families. Location provided plenty of eating and shopping choices. Nice breakfast and plenty of parking. No traffic noise and overall a very quiet and relaxing hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2015
andrew
Great family hotel! Very clean - great breakfast - love the pool
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
Katrina
Hampton Inns can always be counted on for top notch service and rooms.
1 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
Gayle
"Has a nice slide with pool"
Nice pool with slide for little ones Room was very large and comfortable but do wish they would have had fridges especially when staying with little ones Had to wait for things at breakfast as it was very very busy and food gone very quickly overall good experience. Some staff nice others not so
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
sandy
"Great with one little exception!"
The location is ideal. The staff are friendly and accommodating! My two minor concerns are: the noise level and breakfast. When booking this hotel make sure you ask to be on a quiet floor and not next door to a sports team and their family. The only issue with breakfast is the eggs; does anyone use real fresh eggs anymore???
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
B
Great Stay, pleasant hotel. As expected and nothing but a positive experience.
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
"This will be our go-to hotel in Dartmouth/Halifax"
We arrived at 3am after a long day of flight delays. The front desk handed our room access cards over immediately without any checkin fuss at all. We were asleep in 10 minutes and were not disturbed in the morning. This turned out to be a great location for getting in to Halifax, getting out to the Eastern Shore, and visiting friends in Dartmouth. We walked to Montana's for lunch, Tim's for coffee, and a nice pub for a beer. My wife enjoyed shopping at the nearby centre, which was also just a short walk away, and at Costco, which was a two minute drive. Excellent free coffee in the lobby 24/7.
3 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015