The Traveler's Home, Rome
Charm and history
The Traveler's Home is in an ideal location for exploring the most popular tourist attractions in Rome. The hotel is across the street from the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore and 1 km from the iconic Colosseum. Termini Station is about 400 meters away.
See the Spanish Steps
Guests of the budget-friendly Traveler's Home are within 2 km of the Spanish Steps. Climbing the 130-plus steps earns you a leisurely lunch on the way back – pasta alla carbonara, anyone? A bit closer to the hotel, the Baths of Diocletian are about 800 meters north.
You can fuel up for a day sightseeing with a breakfast (surcharge), served in a white, sun-splashed room. Once you've polished off your homemade coffee, see the hotel's friendly staff for directions on the best way to get to the National Museum of Rome, about 1 km from the hotel.
Clean and comfortable
Guests consistently praise The Traveler's Home for being neat and clean. Simple, modern furnishings and smooth parquet floors grace each of the 5 guestrooms, which also have flat-screen TVs. The hotel provides a handy elevator to get to upper-level rooms.
Enter dates to check prices
Hotel Info: 866-539-8117from $96
- Triple Room
- Double Room (External Private Bathroom)
- Double Room Single Use
- Double Room
At a glance
- This hotel has 5 rooms
- This hotel is arranged over 1 floor
- Check-in time 1:30 PM-9 PM
- Check-out time is 10:30 AM
- Express check-in/out
Required at check in
- Credit card or cash deposit required
- Government-issued photo ID required
Travelling with others
- One child (3 years old and younger) stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding
- No cribs (infant beds)
- No pets or service animals allowed
- Roll-away beds available, charges may apply*
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Airport shuttle (available on request) *
- Resort fee included
Nearby One Star Rome hotels
In the hotel
- Free hot/cold buffet breakfast on weekends
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Year Built 1890
- In-room accessibility
In the room
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Down comforter
- Memory foam mattress
- Individually furnished
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Top Rome hotels
Recently reviewed hotels in Rome
- B&B Hotel Roma TrastevereFrom
- Dei Borgognoni HotelFrom
"Excellent room, though a bit small. Great location and wonderful staff. We always love returning to Rome when we can."Apr 16, 2015
"It doesn't look like a hotel from the outside, quite off the beaten path, but really charming on the inside. The rooms are small, but decorated beautifully. It is clean and…"Apr 16, 2015
- Guest House Suite Della ViteFrom
"This room or this flat was in the center of everything. It was huge and clean. We felt very safe as there was a huge deadbolt on the door and a code to get in. the only flaw was…"Apr 16, 2015
The Traveler's Home, Rome’s small print
Also known as
- Contemporaneo Rooms Hotel
- Contemporaneo Rooms Rome
- Contemporaneo Rooms Hotel Roma
- Contemporaneo Rooms Hotel Rome
- Contemporaneo Rooms Roma
- Contemporaneo Rooms
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
For transfers, guests must contact the property 72 hours prior to arrival at the number on the booking confirmation.
You’ll be asked to pay the following charges at check in or check out:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 3 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
The charges below are included in the total price displayed:
- Resort fee
Kitchen/kitchenette use costs EUR 20 per day
Rollaway beds are available for EUR 40 per night
Cooked-to-order breakfast is offered for an extra charge of EUR 5 per person (approximately)
We have included all charges provided to us by this hotel. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.