All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
765 8th Ave, New York, NY, 10036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad internet service
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Very bed place!"
Worst place I have been in my life. Don't go here! Dirty, no service, very small rooms( different from the pictures on the website) no elevetor! Very old place! It's disgusting! If you complain they won't help you cause they don't care about us!
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
Valentina
"Don't plan on sleeping"
This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The fact that they could not create a working key for my room was not a great start, but wasn't really much of a problem ("there is always someone at the front desk--just have them let you in"). The fact that the curtains were torn, there was no bedspread (just one sheet and one blanket), and there were holes in the baseboard with wires coming out made it feel run down, but I'm not that picky. The real problem is that the window-mounted air conditioners are essentially open vents to 8th Avenue outside. Only flimsy plastic wings cover the open space between the units and the edges of the windows. In the winter, this makes for a cold room. Even worse, all night long you hear ambulances, trucks, and fights (the cops made an arrest at 4am outside my room--or was it inside? It seemed so close by, it was hard to tell). Sleep is impossible. After my 3 night stay, I was on the verge of collapse. This is a hotel to be avoided at all costs.
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Doesn't look anything like in the pics.
1 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2015
Deep
"Great location, friendly staff, HORRIBLE hotel"
GROSS HOTEL - it was old, dirty and falling apart! On one website, it said the hotel had 48 renovated rooms – maybe 25-years ago! JUST DIRTY. There were HAIRS on the sheets when we pulled down the covers! The mattress was old & horrible. The window over the fire escape next to our room was left unsecured. The bathroom is disgusting, wires hanging from the ceiling held the shower bar up, holes in the floor and the toilet wouldn’t flush. The AC in the window (yes in December) was letting all the street noise and wind into our room. Under the bed was the dirtiest place I've ever seen, looks like it had never been cleaned! No telephones in the room, a very narrow set of stairs and no elevators, had to walk down 4 flights of stairs to get the front desk person to find us a power cable to our tv so we could amuse ourselves. There was less than 2-feet in the room to move around the bed because the room was so small. We tried changing rooms (which they were happy to do for us) but we couldn't get the key cards to work in either rooms we went to so we ended up back in the original room with an old key and a door that you could almost push through to get in without turning the knob. The location and accommodating staff were the only benefits, would NEVER stay here or recommend to anyone else (unless it was free, not for the couple hundred dollars we spent on it)! Just one block from Times Square, it was very convenient. But for a couple hundred dollars a night, we expected more :-(
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2015
"Never again"
The room was very small very uncomfortable no bathtub cheap sleezy place very close to Times Square but not comfortable at all will not stay here again
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2015
"Stay away"
Staff was nice that's the only positive thing I can say!
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
"pig hotel"
Worst hotel ever will never come back to hotel .com. hotel was knot fixed for a pig
5 night trip Oct 20, 2015
Phillip
"Disgusting"
Absolutely terrible.
2 night trip Oct 23, 2015
Triana
"Pathetic"
It was a pathetic hotel. Room was not clean. Breakfast was also not good. Bathroom was in a bad condition. Overall does not worth what you pay for.
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
"New York Inn hotel....Last Option!"
No towel, no elevator, small, dirty, hot...it was like staying in a 3rd world hostel. It was my own fault for not booking earlier in the hotel I wanted to stay in.
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2015
Erasmus
"Would not stay here again-you get what you pay for"
I'm generally not one to complain but this was an exception. There is no elevator, only narrow wobbly stairs. The bed's boxsping was broken. The bed was very uncomfortable, and after I changed rooms to one that wasn't broken the second was even less comfortable. The blinds were broken and filthy. There was no phone in the room, so to complain, ask questions, or get anything you took the stairs. In the first room the iron and hairdryer were on the floor, in the second they were absent. The sink in the second room was partly coming off the wall. The fire alarm malfunctioned and started going off repeatedly. The wifi was out, and when later fixed, did not reach my floor. The shower shoots water out of the catch basin onto the toilet in both rooms, and the basin backed up about three inches in both rooms. The staff were accommodating in changing my room, but could not make up for the situation. On the plus side the AC in the room worked great, but I cut my stay short.
3 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
Curtis
"This Review May Be Unfair"
I suppose my review may be a bit unfair as the city was completely booked. As a result, the cost of the room was very, very inflated. If the price was consistent for such a unkempt property, perhaps $80-$100, I would better appreciate the total lack of attention to detail, or anything at all (including me). I mean, at least raise your head and say goodbye. What a dope at the front desk. Yikes
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
Ugly and old hotel, only one good thing, has a perfect location!!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
Lizeth
Fukced up
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
Khaled
"DUMP"
Emergency booking at 1 am. Was not advised by Hotels.com operator that this place was a dump and motel. This place had No elevator, no hot water, no window and a breakable door. I think it was even a fire hazard because there's only one way out! Only satisfactory amenity was cable TV with lifetime and MTV networks. I could've just stayed up instead of paying $169/night for this motel room because I was so stunned, I couldn't sleep!
1 night trip Aug 15, 2015
"Pay few more bugs and fetch another place"
Room / window planks was dirty. Wobbling and cracking sound beds. Restroom not clean. Spoke to receptionist about the situation. Just got answer "sorry for this and all rooms are pretty much the same".
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"Wallpaper falling off walls, plaster falling off,"
Dirty, no amenities,, Room was not clean, food out of cheap packages, plaster and wallpaper falling off the walls and ceilings, Phone was dead, wires and coils hanging not secured, filthy carpets, no WiFi in rooms, an ancient computer keyboard on one floor was their Internet service... which did not work, one hanger in the room, hair dryer absent from holder, a real fire trap and dump for $201 a night for one person... A Real Rip-off!
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"worst hotel I ever stayed in"
small shower,small bathroom, no ice bucket, I had trouble getting into my room everytime I went out because of defective keycard or door lock. had to go to the lobby desk and they would come up and let me in with another keycard. Unbelievable!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
winston
This hotel is not good at all the location is the only good thing
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2015
Jose L
"Bare bones. No frills."
The good things about this room. Price and location. Very small. The bathroom was about 4 feet by 4 feet. Absolutely no frills whatsoever. No elevator so you have to take the stairs. I was on the 4th floor. I am only in my room to sleep when I go to the city so I will stay anywhere. The room had clean sheets, an air conditioner and a door that locked.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
First our room didn't have a shower curtain, then we were moved to another room where the screen for the little window falls off... And overall the place is old and dirty as hell. Last resort if you are in NY
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Stay somewhere else!!"
Dirty rooms, smelly bathrooms and dangerous electrical fixtures.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Bad hotel. It should be out of bussiness"
Bad, the hotel is very old, dirty, The room for two people is very small ,it doesn't have an elevator, stears are very step and uncomfortable and ... It is Very expensive but it is not worthy
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Get out of the hotel bussiness"
Will never stay here again. Dirty baths, worn out beds, electrical fixtures exposed, dirty windows.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Last resort"
This hotel was like from a horror movie, creepy! Wires hanging from window, window unit ac not working well, shower had to be fixed, furniture damaged, ceiling falling apart, room tiny, bathroom so small seem like shower connected to toilet, doors open to other rooms looked like storage areas or damaged, building material in hallway, bags of linen in hall. Had my kids and they were afraid. Expedia should remove from surprise hotel list, I'm scared to book again, the price for this place was too expensive, not worth it!
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
1st x stay
"Worst hotel i have stayed in!!! Filthy, Stunk"
The worst hotel i have ever stayed in!! And i have stayed in hundreds! How this passes health codes i have no idea!Room was dirty, never vacummed, bathroom mouldy smell, toilet broken, Aircon doesnt work, Door didnt shut properly or lock only secured with chain, power points not working, smelt really bad! My ratings are honest point of view
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
My daughter and I stayed at the New York Inn. The hotel was old and little out dated. The bathroom was very small. The staff of the hotel were great.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Arthur
"Not the best"
The hotel apparently is undergoing renovations. Very old conditions. There is no elevator, and narrow stairs. There were no pillows in my room. The mattress was not very comfortable. The bathroom was very small. You had to step up to enter the bathroom. There was no stopper in the sink. The shower leaked water onto the rest of the bathroom floor. The door to the room did not not close very tightly. The continental breakfast was very limited, with no coffee. The staff was pleasnt enough, but there were no rooms available to switch to. Luckily, I only had to stay there one night. It is not easy to find . . . even the cab driver passed it by.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Fred
"WORST STAY EVER!"
It was horrible, crackheads, no wifi, the only room without a keycard lock too, just a key. This was 1 of 2 horrible stays I had in NYC, AND AT 140 a night. Stay AWAY, TRUST ME!
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
charles
Did not stay at the hotel. They had no hot water. We had to find another place stay at the last minute
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"I'd Turn Back, If I Were You."
The bed had a torn comforter on it. Every time I sat down or lay down on the bed, it made loud noises. There was a shelf with bars below it, for hanging clothes, because there was no closet. This shelf was falling off the wall. The bathroom was so cramped that it was hard to sit down. It should have cost a lot less, in my opinion.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Did not stay in hotel"
Walked put after looking in the room. No box mattress for the spring mattress. Bathroom in need of repair, no card key for room. Did not feel safe leaving valuables in room; therefore, did not stay at hotel.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
donnie
"Terrible!"
The hotel is horrible, it's falling apart and has NO HOT WATER! The people at the front desk were surprised that nobody warned us. The room is dark and ugly with a tiny dirty window facing bricks and garbage on the roof of the next building. SCARY!
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Elena
"Don't waste your money"
I usually don't write reviews, however I started thinking if I had spent the time to peruse some of the already written reviews I would have saved my money. Staying at this hotel tantamount to staying on the sidewalk at Port Authority. There was no hot water, the shower didn't work, no iron, and the toilet was clogged. On top of it all I was badgered to leave as soon as it was check out, despite my difficulties getting ready showering in ICE cold water.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2015
"Appalling hell hole"
When we arrived, after paying they told us that they had no hot water. We asked them when they would have hot water and they shrugged like this was no big deal and said "maybe tomorrow". That was off putting but we still decided to check the room– we were tired after a day of traveling. We got to the room and it was the size of a large closet, with no windows. It was then that they informed us that they couldn't give us a key, that they only had a single master key. Actually, they _didn't_ inform us, they just started to walk off, I had to stop them and drag this out of them. It was then that we realized there was no way to lock the room from the inside– there had once been a chain lock, but it was missing. The bed had springs pushing through and the TV was broken Neither were the accommodations acceptable nor did we feel safe there, as such, we turned around and left. They would only refund the second day of our reservation, so we're fighting for the rest via our credit card company and a chargeback. To be honest, it felt like the folks running it were just squatting in an abandoned hotel.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Rebecca
"Nightmare"
There's no elevator in this motel. We had to walk up nearly 8 flights upstairs to get to the fourth floor with luggage the entire weekend. There are no amenities. You can only walk on one side of the bed. That is thr soze of the room. The washroom is extremely tiny and disgusting. There are no amenities. My reservation was from friday nigh to sunday noon. There was no hot water. The receptionist did not tell me that there was not going to be hot water all weekend. There was no hot water Friday Saturday or Sunday up till we left. It was ice cold water unbearable to the point that I feel that is why I have a cold today and am sick. The continental breakfast included eat bread and thin cheap bagels. The butter was empty and discolored and the strawberry preserves the smoker bottle was nearly empty as well. The woman guarding the bagel and bread did not speak English there were no knives to spread butter or jelly on the bread. Instead she was standing there taking personal phone calls speaking her language. There was orange juice and milk in a bucket with ice there was no coffee ready . I can't remember if I stayed at her worst place ever . The hotel is giving me a $30 credit for the water. I paid nearly $350 for two nights. I would dispute to the entire amount considering what an amazing customer I am with Expedia year after year . Expedia offered me a $25 credit towards future purchases completely unacceptable for the amount I have paid .
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Subul
"What A Disappointment!"
I stayed 3 nights from June 6-9, 2015. Front entrance easy to miss, next to pizza place. It has a narrow and cramped lobby, steep steps and no elevator. No internet access in rooms, only in lobby. The wallpaper is warped and dirty at places. The door doesn't open all the way thru. Sink/vanity is really small with not much space to wash face. Shower is very small with shower curtain wrapped around. Not much space for shower to spray into a small area, so water does tend to seep out. OH, there's more. There was NO HOT WATER! I later asked when it would be fixed. I was told the following Monday. I asked on Monday....it wouldn't be fixed on that day. This is the first time in all the years of traveling that this happened. The hotel itself was drab. There were hallways with junk/construction debris stuck at the end. Also, there was a big glass door (previously used) that was propped up against the narrow lobby wall. Anyone who bumps against that wall runs the risk of that heavy glass door falling on top of him/her. There is an Econolodge around the corner. I had stayed there on a previous visit to NYC. I WISHED I had paid extra to have stayed there. Without a doubt, my stay at the New York Inn was the worst of my previous six visits to the city. The staff were friendly enough, but that doesn't help when I have to shower in freezing cold water. A very, very disappointing experience. I would NOT recommend this place. BEWARE!
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
RC
"Bad experience"
The hotel condition was deplorabe. THe hotel was not clean, second floor exit was blocked by construction debris and tools, the continental breakfast was aweful. The hotel had no hot water. They said they would have it repaired by morning - but did not!
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
disappointed
no hot water at all. no services the worst motel i have ever seen in my entire life
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
ramzi
"Don't even try"
The worst hotel ever. Quality is poor, and too much expensive compared to its price!! $600 for 3 nights !!!
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Excelent Location"
Excelent Location. You are near to Time Square, Broadway, Central Park, Empire State and others, by walking.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Gonzalo
in nyc all you do in your hotel is sleep and shower......
Other trip May 9, 2015
"No hot water during stay."
There was no hot water at the hotel during the 3-day stay. Screw that!
Other trip May 9, 2015
Kev
"Perfect location but very bad facility"
We had two rooms፡ No coat hunger No closet Very tiny sink My face keep touching the mirror Water keeps flowing from sink all over the floor. Expedia - please stop or select adding such places on your web site
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Location was great. Room in general very bad."
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Shouldn't be listed on Expedia"
Rooms are literally the size of closets. Hasn't been renovated in decades. Whatever fixes have been made are amateurish, as though not done by contractors. Woodwork is rotting, drop ceiling tiles are stained and crumbling. No elevators. No washcloths. No alarm clocks. No lamps, just a drop ceiling light. My room had a single working outlet behind the bed, had to buy an extension cord and a power strip to charge my phone and use a fan. Staff was nice and helpful, although difficult to communicate with. Ancient, dirty phone did not work, had to call front desk with cell phone. Shower in my room had either scalding hot water or freezing water, when knob was in middle water wouldn't run - couldn't mix the two. Not sure if TV worked, remote was sticky and covered with masking tape (???)
Other trip May 3, 2015
"Very close to the theatre district."
The room was a matchbox, paper thin wall, the lobby was non existent. The "restaurant" was a basement room with a TV, they had continental breakfast til 9am, otherwise it was closed.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Apple
"This the worst ever room and hotel in my life"
Terrible just terrible, dirty, stinky, old, no elevator, bathroom nasty, main room door can be open easily with any objet, if you lost your room key it is not a problem. don't go at any price.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Celico
"Budget hotel in the vein of a flop house"
Steep 5 flight Walkup to my 8x9 room with only a bed and TV. Phone was missing with the cord ripped out of the wall. No latch on bathroom door toilet never flushed properly once and it was not possible to use wifi in the room. Door card key was broken and I was given a metal key which only locked the door half the time. Very friendly staff working in impossible conditions.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Clay
The facilities were so rode, they said we don't have a key of your room!! We will open it when yu comes!! Also, they made me late several times. They were nice but not anymore.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015