All hotels in Rome, Italy

"Hotel Daniele Bundi in Rome"
Great location, very helpful staff. Could not have been nicer. Thank you Diane and Michela! I recommend stay here for a good time and comfort.
3 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Barry
"would stay again"
location was great, hotel was clean and modern. could have used clean towels everyday but no big deal,, bed was made everyday and Diana was very helpful. would go back.
4 night family trip May 26, 2015
tracey
"Great Location, Small Cozy Spot"
Andre was a big help. He picked us up from the airport (fee was a high) but it was very convenient. He explained the city well, provided a map and was friendly. I was hit with a lot of fees including tax, late check-in fee etc. It was unexpected fees but I guess I understand. The room was very small. Literally just the bed and restroom. The hot water is not consistent in the shower. The location is AMAZING though. Literally 5 min walk to the colosseum so it was great. Minus the hidden fees, I would go back if it is only me +1
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Just like Daniele said "you have no idea where you are". The location of the hotel is perfect. It takes less than 5minutes to arrive colosseum. From there you can take the metro to everywhere. If you prefer to walk. Those main tourist spots are within walking distance. Only one thing, the room is not very spacious.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Just like Daniele said "you have no idea where you are". The location of the hotel is perfect. It takes less than 5minutes to arrive colosseum. From there you can take the metro to everywhere. If you prefer to walk. Those main tourist shots are within walking distance. Only one thing, the room is not very spacious.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Very nice place! We will for sure return there! :)
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Good for the price! Great location!"
Perfect location for the sites (literally across from the coliseum). The bathroom smelled a little funny but not like "bathroom smell". We were greeted warmly and felt safe due to a three lock system. Room was clean and small (but we only slept there so small was not an issue for us).
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
"No sitting in the bathroom."
A clean but basic hotel room. Though I really disliked the bathroom. I am 6' 3" and it was so small I had to walk sideways in it. My knees would hit the opposite wall if I sat on the toilet which I also had to squeeze by for a shower. There is not free Wifi, there is a nominal fee. On the plus side. The staff was very good. They were very helpful with my questions and talking about the surrounding area. The location was excellent, just a brief walk to the Colosseum.
3 night trip Oct 13, 2014
"A Personal Touch in Rome"
The basic room for 3 left little room to stretch your legs but the convenience of the communal kitchen outside the room and the excellent reception and recommendations at check in by Micaela, made this prime location even better. Andreas drove us to the airport and charmed us with his personal stories about Rome. (He also has photos he will share.)
3 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
Norma
"Good location but shabby"
This place had a great location on a street with shops and restaurants, near the Colosseum and the metro station. It had good air conditioning and wifi service. The room was small, had no dressers for storage and seemed kind of shabby. There was no view and the alley was noisy at times. The bathroom was small especially the shower and had some issues with the shower drain. The toilet handle broke the first day we were there and we were told every day that it would be fixed the next day, but it never was. The tv was ancient and didn't have any English speaking channels. The staff was nice, but they weren't too helpful and the towels weren't changed when they were supposed to be. The price was low, but no breakfast was included and I would have paid more for a nicer place.
5 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
Jean
"close to everything."
The rooms are very small. The elevator was old and you are encouraged to walk to the second floor. Very close to all transportation and many sites. Overall was happy. Andrea was very accommodating.s
3 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2014
This hotel was in a great location, very close to the Colosseum. We walked with our bags from the train station and it wasn't too bad. Lots of restaurants nearby too. The only negative is that it was on a busy street and with the windows open it was noisy. Staff was nice and helpful.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Great Location and Good Staff"
I arrived at 20.30 and it was good that Andrea picked me up as this was my first time in Rome. It would have been difficult too find the place if i was alone. Taxi is 48 Euro so his charge of 40 Euro was not bad. He was allegedly not available to take me back to airport and i paid 46 Euro to his friend. I felt this was not good as he had already committed to me and should not have taken the other fare. But i made the choice to still go with his friend as it was safer than taxi >> they add on the kilometers and start to charge for each bag you take. He provided me with a map and marked out the various sights withing walking distance of the apartment.before arriving he took me on a quick tour of the neighbourhood so i had a good sense of direction of where things are. If all you need is a clean comfortable bed and clean toilet then this is fine. Located on 3rd floor with no elevator so not suitable for the old or infirm.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Sudhir
"Great location and service"
The woman (I forgot her name) was very sweet and welcoming. I didn't know there was a wifi fee of 3 euros but whatever. Our room was comfortable and clean. Not very decorated but it met our needs. No breakfast included. The location was very good - right next to the colosseum and roman forums. Overall great hotel for the price!
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Mixed Experience"
Great location in Monti (restaurants, shops, bars) near the Ancient Roman Ruins and not too far from the Metro, tram, and Termini train station. The room itself was small and in need of substantial cosmetic repairs. Very small bathroom with insufficient towels. Most rooms are not accessibile by elevator, which could raise accessibility issues for elderly and disabled travellers. High price for no-frills accomodation.
4 night trip May 21, 2014
This place was incredible! Walking distance to any Roman attraction you could want. Andea was super helpful and the room was great. We rated the room down a bit on the noise factor just so people would realize it is in downtown Rome and Rome is a busy place where noise is created. We still slept great!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Simple cheap room in great location"
The room is small but clean. Someone is only at the desk from 9-2:30 so if you need help you're on your own. I'd stay there again. I saved a lot of money staying there and I was very close to the Colosseum. When someone was at the desk they were always helpful. I'd recommend this place to someone on a budget.
4 night trip Jun 3, 2014
"A real gem."
This family run mini hotel has 10 rooms total, and I think this is why I said it is a gem because they really are locals of the area who will give you all the pointers and local knowledge, not just to save money but information on all the hidden spots Rome has to offer, and the hotel is literally smack in the middle of all the great attractions. The hotel is closest to the colosseum which is one of our main places we wanted to see. To sum it all up quick, It is: Close to everything, It's cheap, local insights, and it's a homey feeling, like you're staying and visiting your grandma for the weekend in Rome!
4 night trip May 18, 2014
Dominick Modesto
"Hotel Information is a bit deceiving"
Information is a bit deceiving. Stayed there May 2014 (could not get a refund, and I was not going to waste $1161). Management was not interested in client satisfaction, probably because the hotel location is very good so the attitude was of if you don’t like it, I really don’t care. The hotel is an apartment located on a third floor without elevator that has been modified, divided into rooms. There is no front desk. Entrance to the "hotel" building is uninviting. Someone is in the "hotel" office located in another tower in the same complex from 9 am to 2pm. POSITIVE: excellent location, room was simple but clean, bathroom had a foul smell on arrival that resolved by letting water run, has a safe, and WiFi. NEGATIVE: apartment where the hotel rooms are located is a bit old and has a central common area where items that can be used by guest are located including a phone that has no signal- rooms don’t have phone. Towels changed every 3 days. Soap is a diluted liquid in a container (we bought soap). On arrival air condition control and safety box key were missing. Only way to communicate with administration was via email or to come back to the hotel between 9am and 2 pm. On arrival they told us (no matter the hour) and we saw posted in the wall that airport transportation was 46E, but latter they stated it was 60E because we were leaving 5:40am, and if we didn’t like it we could just find our own transportation. To enter shower you only have 30cm width. There is no breakfast.
7 night trip May 10, 2014
Enrique Pantin
"good location, basic condition"
The loction is very good, close to Colosseum and the Forum. But the condition of the hotel is very basic. Don't expect too much. Overal, it's a good place to stay.
3 night trip May 22, 2014
J
Location!!
Other trip May 27, 2014
Location is great, thanks to Easter celebrations street was closed to traffic otherwise it would be very noisy at nights. Hotel is nothing special but for a short stay is OK!
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"So close, could walk everywhere we wanted to go"
The room is not fancy, but clean and the service is very friendly and helpful. For a home base in Rome as a tourist, very satisfactory.
3 night family trip Apr 5, 2014
Maggie
"Walking distance to metro and historic center"
Great location. I was able to walk to coliseum (2 min) and to historic center (10 min). Also 2 blocks away from two metro stations (Cavour and Coliseum). My room faced internal courtyard so it was quiet even though building is on busy street.
3 night trip Mar 21, 2014
We had a wonderful time. The location was great, we could see the Colosseum from our room. The room was clean and it had everything we needed. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in Rome.
6 night trip Mar 6, 2014
Very friendly and helpful, location could not be better!
2 night trip Mar 6, 2014
Amy and Mike
Excellent location. Right next to coloseum. Okay accommodations but worth it for location.
5 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Stay away from room nr 1. You will hear the trafficnoise very much. The room is also small. We got another room i the Rosetta building, roomnumber D4 and that was ok. City tax can not be paid by card. We have not experienced that in other hotels.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
"Convenient to Most Monuments"
Loved our stay here. We were walking distance to all the major places we wanted to see. Just a few blocks from the Colosseum, the Forum and just a nice walk to the Pantheon, Fountain of Trevi and Piazza Navona. The owner, Andrea and his wife are just amazing people very interested in the comfort of their guests. Andrea is very proud of this wonderful city and rightfully so. We had a room that faced the alley and it was maybe a little noisy, however it didn't interfere with our experience, it added to it. Plenty of establishments to visit for lunch or dinner too so it was definitely a winner for us.
9 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2013
Catherine
L'Asino d'Oro Piazza della Madonna dei Monti Cavour 313 Taverna dei Fori Imperiali All delicious!
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
"close to all must-see sights"
It was the first trip to Rome and Italy for us and we stayed for 4 days. The manager couple was very helpful and they kept up a good and prompt email communication right after we made the reservation. We asked for their new pick-up service at the airport since this is our first time there. Andrea was greeting us at the baggage claim exit and took us straight to the hotel, right at the center of Rome. They provided maps and advices about various tourist attractions. The room is large, comfortable and has air-conditioning, bathroom is large as well and kept quite clean. The facility provides a common kitchen area with sink and a refrigerator, which is very convenient. The location is very central and close to all major attractions. The only bad thing is the noise level is very high because it is located right off a major street.
4 night trip Sep 3, 2013
"Great Hotel for the money"
Great location, a little hard to find, but worth the search. We are from NYC and drove into Florence for three days. The hotel was a little tricky to find, but in a great location. Don't expect large rooms, but expect a great staff that will take care of you. We would stay there again.
5 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
Jay & Maria
"Close to the Colosseum."
The only thing this place has going for it is its location. It is about a 4 minute walk from the Colosseum. Unfortunately, this place turned out to be more of a hostel than a hotel. The bathroom is tiny, extremely tiny, can't use the toilet without your knees hitting the wall kind of tiny. The bed was actually a cot, the sheets had holes in them, and our pillow cases were stained. The towels smelled like vinegar, which makes me think they do not use laundry detergent to wash their linens. The shower ran out of hot water after about 7 minutes, which meant most of our showers were taken using ice cold water. There is no reception desk, this place is ran by one person who leaves at 4 pm everyday. If problems arise after 4 pm (such as locking yourself out of your room), you're out of luck. The only positive aspect to this hotel aside from its location was that the air conditioner worked extremely well, but not well enough to redeem our stay here. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra 30 bucks and stay at a real hotel.
Response by San Daniele Bundi House
Well .... that s all I can say and I guess someone knows what I m talking about . I just let all the other guests comments to make a point . Life is beautiful under the sun .
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Lara
"Close to Colesseum and other historic sights"
The small hotel staff was very accommodating and anxious to please. Hotel is in a building with much charm and beautiful plant-filled courtyard and well located for the sights we wanted to see.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2013
P. Dietz
Right in the centre of Rome 2 minutes from the Coliseum. We were collected at the airport by staff (€46 June 2013) Room was up 6 flights of stairs with no lift. Fine for us but not all. Accommodation met our needs for three nights. Tea and coffee making facilities were behind a desk just outside our room and also umbrellas in case of bad weather!. Staff were helpful and pleasant although we only saw them when we arrived and when we left! Suited us fine.I'm sure we could have raised them if needed. Could have done with a safe as we had to carry our valuables everywhere we went.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"The best location for visiting Rome"
Very small and friendly hotel. Excellent location for visiting ancient Rome.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Sergio
"Best location!"
Door to door service from the airport was well worth the extra charge! Andrea and Celeste love Rome and want their guests to enjoy it. How spectacular to walk to the Colosseum every night before bed and walk to the train station at the end of our stay. Small and basic; clean and welcoming, access to small kitchenette.
3 night romance trip Jun 21, 2013
Todd and Kris
"Location, Location and Location"
Great location, close to everything, very nice stuff, over all great experience
5 night family trip Jun 11, 2013
Great staff, great location. Third floor, but steps are not steep. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Not far from Colosseum or Termini. Classic Rome property, older but well maintained. we were very happy with our choice.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
Perfect location. However thin walls, and no-one at reception after 4pm. Reasonable for price.
3 night trip Jun 3, 2013
"Great place to stay on a casual visit to Rome"
Andrea and Celeste are extremely hospitable and provide you with very useful information. The room was very clean and comfortable for European standards. The location is great: close to many things. If you are a walker, you are in the perfect place to go to all the tourist sites. I went on a trip with my daughter and it was a great stay.
4 night trip May 27, 2013
Ingrid
"Walking distance from Colosseo and historic places"
The price you pay its very cheap considering the location, Walking distance from lots of historical places. The place is not fancy, but in Rome you will probably use the room just to sleep since there is too much to do. The hostal is on the third floor, and there is not an elevator, so you will exercise every day if you look at it from an optimist point of view.
4 night trip with friends Apr 22, 2013
"Very convenient location"
Close to every thing. Great service, excellent manager, very helpful. Small and cozy but very safe and clean place. Great service to airport!
4 night trip Apr 29, 2013
Haji
"Great hotel for everyone"
Celeste and Andrea were very helpful couple. The hotel is in the perfect area and close to all the major attractions. Celeste gave us map of the city and explained how to get to major attractions, shopping, and where to get the best pizza in town. I would definitely come back to this hotel.
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
THis is a quaint hotel that is actually a group of rooms within an apartment building which houses residents of Rome. The rooms are grouped together within an apartment space. The room is small but adequate. room had two twin beds which were pushed together to form a larger bed. The beds were fine although they were low to the ground compared to modern beds. The view from the room looked out into a court yard that keeps out the street noise. it was incredibly peaceful and quiet in spite of its prime location down the street from the coliseum. The manager/staff was very nice and accommodating. The only draw back was an odor from the bathroom that may have been from the piping or water supply. The bathroom is clean although the shower is on the small size, which isn't a huge problem. The rooms are located on the second floor so the windows can be kept open at all times which keeps the room cool and refreshing. There is also a small refrigerator in the room for keeping beverages cold. In all, the room is a good value relative to its prime location and cleanliness
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2013
Active Traveller
"Clean, well-located room."
Pros - excellent location, near Via Cavour metro stop and Termini Station, clean, comfortable bed, nice room temperature (in late March), quiet hotel, no road noise, helpful staff who speak and understand English, cheap wi-fi (2 euro for your entire stay) available in your room. Cons - it's a very busy area because it's so close to everything, lots of stairs and no elevators, a little tight in the shower stall but space is at a premium here. Overall, a very nice, clean, quiet budget-friendly room with a good staff. I would stay again.
3 night trip Mar 23, 2013
Great budget priced single room with ensuite in an apartment block, close to the Colosseum and Forum. Very quiet even though located beside a busy street. Breakfast (not included) available a few metres from the front door.
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
"Great stay and awesome location"
It's a small house, in which the owner rents five rooms. The owner Andrea is a very good person and welcoming. Helped us a lot with our tours. The location is also perfect, in the heart of the city center. Roma Forum is just 2 mins walk and colosseum just five minutes. Many restaurants and shops around. Also close is the Metro station.
Other trip Jan 4, 2013
SD
Great location, it's walking distance from the Coliseum about 3-5 minutes away. The bus/train station is about 15-20 minute walk. The metro/subway is also 3 minute walk. It doesn't include breakfast but there are several restaurants around there plus downstairs there is a splendid restaurant for dinner which has great pastas. It's called "Trattoria Valentino" and the owner is friends with Andrea the owner of San Daniele. Andrea's wife is a very nice lady. She let me borrow a scale to weigh my luggage and thanks to her, I didn't get overcharged at the airport. The elevator is so old fashion from the dinosaur era but it works in case u have big luggage. Overall, I think this hotel works if you are looking for something at low price and somewhere to sleep comfortable. I just wouldn't recommend it for honeymooners, it's not so romantic unless u don't care and wish to save some money. It's perfect for a group of friends or families. You also have access to the kitchen. You can buy your pop or juices and stored them in their fridge. They also have a microwave that u can use. And the location couldn't be better.
2 night trip Nov 25, 2012
Dora
"Great - I would stay again"
Our room was a comfortable size with a large modern bathroom. A lift was available and we used it each day. Location is great. Hop on and off bus is about 4 blocks away. Management is very personable and goes out of there way for you. Much noise in Rome but we were not disturbed during the night. We would definitely stay with them again.
4 night trip Oct 18, 2012