All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here4 Princes Square, Bayswater, London, England, 56340, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.3
    2.1

"You get what you pay for!"
Unfortunately I read the reviews AFTER I booked a non-refundable room at The Kensington Court Hotel Notting Hill. Please don't do the same! When we saw the "Hotel" sign not on the building but propped at the side, it was certainly a clue as to the interior. Our triple room was very small, no bedside tables, lamps or chairs to sit in. The atmospheric room lighting consisted of kitchen style strip lighting! Although there was one bedside lamp, it was not beside the bed and you had to get out of bed to turn it off. We stayed for 2 nights and although the room was cleaned in between and new towels laid out, which was very nice, unfortunately the tea, coffee, sugar and milk was not replenished, and despite going to the reception desk twice (from the 3rd floor with no lift) to ask for some it was never forthcoming. I gave up and went to bed! I have stayed in everything from Marriotts and Hiltons to hostels, bunkhouses and tents and this is the worst value for money that I have ever spent.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Trish
"TERRIBLE DO NOT BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Hotel LOOKED like a nice boutique hotel. Decided to book it. The room isnt clean. The Décor looks nice in the picture... reality it looks nasty. There are budget hotels and terrible ones. This is the latter unfortunately I went out to reception and argued with them... which eventually after pretty much saying you've paid we have your money and now we dont care (DO NOT PAY TILL YOU SEE YOUR ROOM EVER). They decided to bring out the manager/owner who was a pretty, elegant, well spoken lady with a HORRIBLE attitude!!!!, who i think summed it up in one line QUOTE Just because the room doesn't look like the pictures... that isn't a good enough excuse to get your money back. UNQUOTE Whilst we were arguing she even decided to call the POLICE ... of course they didn't come because there was nothing for them to really come to... she just did it to intimidate me. She was even so strange as to say "of course they wont come because your not threatening me... if you did they would come" WHAT A STRANGE PERSON. She wanted me to threaten her so that she can make the police come now. Very funny. Of course I did not and the police did not come. The room looked terrible in reality. Service and Attitude terrible. There are many other cheaper hotels. Take your chances elsewhere from one fellow traveller to another. Room Tip: Good area very central. Just avoid Kensington Court hotel and you will be fine :)
8 night trip Feb 10, 2014
Sam
"could do with a lot of TlC"
This hotel had excellent customer service but the hotel was in need of some TLC. as mentioned the hotel is located in a grade two listed building which is wonderful but the inside has majority of its original features which could definitely do with replacing as the haven't been looked up properly. the stairs and the dining area could definitely do with being refurbished. the rooms are also very small too but that would be expected of a building of this type.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2014
"Kensington court hotel"
It is not a family hotel, I would not recommend anyone with children, the stairs were nightmare
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2014
"Good location. Easy to find/ walkable from the tub"
We, as a three, enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately, when we got there two hours after the check in our room wasn't ready. We had to wait 15 minutes. Inside, it was clean and presentable. The staff were pleasant, polite and welcome. The breakfast was fresh and a variety of food. The overall facilities were good. A lack of information about entertainment and sightseeing of London. The staff was trying to be helpful, but didn't point out the correct place of destination. The environment was quiet and peaceful.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
Mrs Elena
"Awful"
Booked for one night with young family heating and hot water were not working and could not be fixed till earliest next day. Had to leave as it was too cold for kids still awaiting a refund, also place had a smell of body odour and general cleanliness was poor.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
dont book this
"very small room"
booked a double room, got a box room on the top floor, not impressed.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
It was basic, but in a great neighbourhood, centrally located, clean, and friendly service. For what I paid, I was pleasantly surprised. Perhaps improvements have been made since some of the bad reviews I have seen. Just a warning though, for anyone with mobility issues, there are several floors, no lifts, and steep staircases. I saw an older woman who had great difficulty with the stairs.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
Josh
Comforable place. Nice location. Honestly its just a convenient place coz there was nothing annoying about the place. But price needs to be reviewed coz its too expensive
3 night business trip Dec 28, 2013
Unknown
"Completely different from other reviews!"
i was under the impression that the hotel would be as bad as others reviews but turn out they give us a very good service. the room was fantastic for the cheap price ( i stayed with a husband , a 1 month old baby and a mother) we find it very comfy and being under ratted. Yola the kitchen staff has given us a friendly and warm service, i felt very welcome and will definitely visit again in the future.
1 night trip Dec 17, 2013
fancy traveller
"Friendly staff; very accommodating."
Pros--rooms that can hold 5 people. Friendly workers. Nice breakfast with reasonable hours (on vacation, I don't want to have to be up at 6 to get a free breakfast; their hours were 8-9:30--perfect for me!). Parking (must pay during day, but overnight is free) in front of hotel. Restaurants nearby. Train station hereby. Cons--no elevator and a LOT of stairs!
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
"Fine for a budget hotel"
Good choice of pastries at breakfast
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Simon
"DISGUSTING, BADLY RUN, VERY NOISY,LIKE A BADHOSTEL"
Nothing like the pictures on web. Basic, and disgusting. Old ripped carpets, dirty white walls, no decoration. Bathrooms disgusting. TOTALLY NOT SUITABLE FOR FAMILY WITH CHILDREN. AVOID AVOID AVOID
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Good, basic hotel"
I stayed in a quadruple room with some friends which was really cheap considering the great area it is in. The room wasn't the best but it was all we needed for our stay. The continental breakfast that was included was good. And the receptionists were helpful (especially Martina).
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Poor quality for amount you pay"
We paid 109 pounds for one night for a basic room with ensuite. The window was open when we arrived to the room in freezing temperatures. The heating did not come on until after mid night. We asked for an extra blanket which they could not provide as they said they had none. The mattress was very uncomfortable. For the price it wasn't worth it. It is basically an over rated hostel.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
No elevator rooms are very tiny no good breakfast not a good decision to stay here worthless
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2013
IN
I would recommend this hotel. It is situated on an attractive looking street. It is clean and staff were very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are seeking a standard room and great transport links. I would have hoped that bags left at the hotel could have been locked away with name tags .. So I advise if you are leaving your bag at the hotel that you remove any expensive items.
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2013
Jon
"Our stay"
Great locality pity we struck problems with pass key most days. A bit expensive for what we got.
4 night romance trip May 26, 2013
Misc
"Transit accommodation"
Not your standard North American hotel!! Hotel renovations were ongoing during our one night stay, the hotel sign was lying on the ground outside the front entrance and not installed! There is no lift in the premise which would help instead of carting heavy suitcases up four flights of steep stairways. We were also greeted with a "shower out of order" sign which was disappointing after a transatlantic flight. This so called hotel is good for back-packers looking for a place to put your head down, but falls short of normal hotel standards we are accustomed to in Canada!
1 night trip Jun 19, 2013
Speedie
"Avoid if you can"
Paid £200 a night for this hotel as it was Wimbledon fortnight. I wish I'd slept in my car instead. So noisy and basic, it beggars belief that a hotel like this can be in business in London
1 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"Appearances are deceiving."
At first i was a bit worried reading all the other reviews. And yes there is no toilet in my room, my shower is like an en-suite cupboard and my floor space is only two paces. But for a third of the price of neighbouring hotels i got my own room, double bed which was very comfortable, free wi-fi, breakfast and a 24 hour reception. All in all i would stay again next time I'm down.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
Ash
"Terrible place to live in"
This place is best avoided.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2013
JD
SG
"Possibly the worst Hotel / Hostal I've ever stayed"
From the outside the building looks promising, and the location is great.From there it is all downhill. The lobby has a run down feel, and the recurring theme of grubby carpets first shows up. After checking in, we were sent to a tiny room in the basement. It was just large enough for the bed. The room itself looks like it had had last seen any attention in the 1970s. Pretty much everything , toilet, shower, electrical fittings were poorly installed and shabby. Breakfast room opens at 8am. Not that useful if you need to be in the city early, but then again, the poor decor, and uninteresting food didn't really make staying around for long that attractive. I can only assume that it survives on a steady stream on one night visitors, since I can't see any potential for return visitors.
1 night business trip May 20, 2013
aiw1
"Great location but the staff are terrible!"
Useless staff bar one! Key Cards kept breaking, wifi issues. Breakfast serving time v early. Location nice, nearby bar, the prince Edward was great!
4 night romance trip Jun 6, 2013
Poor quality
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2013
Lee
"Hostel not a hotel"
No key for room, so we had to be let in by member of staff! Room extremely small and incredibly hot! Paper thin walls, rickety stairs and landings. Continental breakfast was the worst we had ever experienced. Never again.
1 night trip May 28, 2013
Joolz
"No toilet"
Problem was no toilet in my room and i had to walk two floors to go!! I suppose the old adage you get waht you pay for and 64 pounds for this part of london is cheap.
1 night trip May 23, 2013
Stephen
"Cheap hotel in great location"
Pros: Convenient location for central London, near tube stations & numerous bus routes. The hotel is located in a characterful, beautiful square, with good shops, restaurants, and pubs nearby. The staff were friendly * professional (it was odd that I was asked for photo ID when checking in: as a British citizen there is no obligation to hold such documentation. However, my lack of such documentation did not, in the event, cause a problem.) The "continental breakfast" selection was wide-ranging & good quality, although it would have been useful if breakfast hours started a little earlier (than 8am). My room was clean, had a nice view, had an opening window, was reasonably spacious, and the bed was comfortable, and the free wi-fi worked as advertised. Cons: my room was on the top (4th in UK usage/5th in US usage) floor, with no lifts; and the condition of some parts of the staircase left much to be desired. Also, from this floor (in a non-en suite room), the nearest bathroom and shower was two floors below. Clearly this is a budget hotel in an excellent location in a very expensive city, and on that basis it is quite reasonable. I was looking for somewhere to stay cheaply in Central London for a couple of nights as I found late on I had to work nearby for three days, and this hotel was fine for this purpose.
2 night business trip May 15, 2013
DH75
After reading the reviews on this hotel, I was not expecting a good stay! Upon arrival the staff were very friendly and we were checked in straight away. We were given a quad room as requested ( it was on the top floor ) no lift, but as we didn't have a lot of luggage this was fine. The room was very clean, and was so much better than I expected! The room had all we needed for the one night stay. Breakfast was fine and plenty of it. It is not a 5 start hotel but then you are not paying for that. The location is fantastic. Very pleased overall.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2013
"Good Value for what it is"
Room was small and everything incredibly basic and old and tired ! But the bed was very comfrable with fresh clean sheets and pillow slips for what I paid it was good value for central London and would use again for a basic clean bed
1 night trip Apr 3, 2013
"First and last time at this hotel"
The room we were given was nothing like in the photos. I wasn't expecting the top suite, but this wasn't even close to the double room shown. The shower would not drain fast enough, leading to a fairly swift build up of water. My girlfriend had to wait until this had cleared until she could use it and at the time we wanted to get somewhere quick. A man knocked on our door wanting to change the batteries of our card reader from inside the door, which had been working fine for us. I said I wanted to tidy a bit first as there were bags and a few bits of clothing on the floor, bras and all, but he didn't hang about and made a start anyway. Lastly, A mass of wires hanging out of the wall just outside our room topped things off nicely.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2012
J Barratt
"fair location"
Room was clean but small. Bathroom very small and the drain was blocked. Breakfast was poor... Maintenance work as we got there which made a lot of noise. Location was alright. Didn't spent time in Bayswater, but the nearest underground station was close by. Fine Hotel, if you're only looking for a place to sleep.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2012
Anders
"mutton dressed up as lamb"
Enjoyed the London experience , but bitterly disappointed with this youth hostel experience. The photos on the web page are so misleading, you would think this was a nice hotel but it turns out to be a pig in a poke. One plug in the room, windows leaking, rain running through the ceiling into pots on the stairs and bathroom, breakfast room a joke , ate up the street instead of queuing up for school dinners. We should have known, you get what you pay for and this is the only consolation, that we could stay within the city centre at such affordable prices. I just wish the owners were more upfromt and say this is a BASIC accomadation, you make a decision to stay here if you wish. The building is one room wide and five floors high, with NO lift , if you are over 50 STAY AWAY.
2 night trip Nov 22, 2012
"HOSTEL NOT A HOTEL"
GOOD LOCATION BUT POOR STANDARD OF HOTEL BUT I SUPPOSE THATS WHY ITS CHEAP. BETTER DESCRIBED AS A HOSTEL SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. WOULD NOT STAY THERE AGAIN
6 night family trip Oct 16, 2012
BAILLIE
"Thank you"
Terrific location, friendly staff, great breakfast selection. Rooms are old and showers took some work to manage without flooding. Linen seemed clean but other aspects of room not so great. Great budget accommodation.
3 night family trip Sep 23, 2012
Andrea
"great quiet area but close/easy access to the city"
change of management in the past few months, so upgrades are still underway around you, (July 2012/Olympics) but all goo and this is in any case a clean, well run B&B in a charming location a few blocks from Notting Hill Gate Stn on the Central Tube line, which puts you in the heart of London in minutes; plus just 5 min walk to Portabello Road Market. Great local capucinno/bakeries, authentic pubs and services. Staff were very professional and helpful.
6 night family trip Jul 26, 2012
BIll, Madi & Dax
The location is very good, I have to say. However, I would not like to stay there again. The hotel need a lot of renovations. The layaout of the hotel probably needs to be changed. The staff is very nice, but that cannot do miracles. There is no Parking, only 4 hours per day and cost you 8£. More that 4 Hours, and you will get a ticket.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2012
"grate location."
the stay was very welcoming and a nice feel to the room me and my partner stayed in, rooms were clean and the hotel its self was nice and quite and peace full, not very good sights out of the window but engh sun light, rooms were very clean and the beds were kept well inorder.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2012
abdul
Friendly and helpful. All good only downside is no wireless..good value still.
1 night business trip May 30, 2012
Yu
"Warm little hotel"
I stayed a few nights in a very little room upstairs - and I mean little, the whole room was basically filled with a queen-size bed! I went to my room just for sleep, and for that purpose it was perfect. The linen was clean and there were no bedbugs. Sink in the room was handy. The shared shower and bathroom were very clean. Overall the hotel had a warm and clean feel to it - being an old house the stairs were creaky and corridors tight, but I thought it was cute. The surrounding neighbourhood was very peaceful and there are two tube stations a walking distance away.
3 night trip May 11, 2012

"Il y a beaucoup mieux..."
Le personnel de cet hôtel est souriant. La chambre, minuscule, était propre, hors le lavabo qui refoulait (siphon bouché). Les toilettes et douches, communes, sont propres. Le petit-déjeuner est quant à lui très bas de gamme. Le quartier est excellent. Conclusion : Rapport qualité prix plutôt mauvais.
3 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
Olivier
FR
"Fint værelse til prisen"
Fint værelse til pengene, der var hvad der skulle bruges. Vi delte badeværelse, der var dog kun et badeværelse + et ekstra toilet til deling. Beliggenhed god, lige ved enden af Hyde Park, det tager ca. 30 min at gå til oxford street. morgenmad udemærket, personalet hjælpsomme.
3 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
DK
"WE à Londres en famille"
Accès rapide au métro Parking véhicule assez proche et raisonable en prix Hôtel correct pour le prix
2 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
Herve
"bra."
Rent och fint hotell med fina kvarter runtom. Enda minus var den enkla frukostbuffen.
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
SE
"Fint ophold"
Vi var 5 personer i et familieværtelse. Der var ikke meget plads, men der var gode senge og god rengøring. Morgenmaden ok, mange slags brød og kage, ikke så bredt udvalg af pålæg. Meget imødekommende og venlig betjening både i morgenmadslokalet og i receptionen.
3 night trip Jan 23, 2015
Dorte B
DK
"Rapport qualité / prix correct"
Dans l'ensemble le séjour à été correct
3 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
"No me gusto"
Nada que ver con las fotos de la publicidad, muy apretadas la distribución en las habitaciones
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
jose
MX
"Bad hotel, good location"
Very nice location of the Hotel. We had reserved a room with a double bed, but got a two single-bed room, with no possibility to change the room or the arrangement of the two beds. There is only one shower in the entire hotel. We will not return to this hotel.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Oförglömlig hotellupplevelse"
Boka detta hotell i sista minuten då jag bodde på ett annat hotell jag bara hade två nätter på. Kom in i foaeén och kände först att de här är väll ett ok Londonhotell. Fick rummet högst upp m egen dusch och ett dubbelrum , jippi tänkte jag tills kag insåg att de inte fanns hinns med min jätteväska. Bara att börja konka då tänkte jag, gick upp för den smalaste trappan ever... Men lyckades överleva ifrån att inte rasa igenom golvet i trappan... Rummet var av heltäckningsmatta med massa fina stänk.... Lampan hade också fått champo el någpt annat stänk på skärmen.... Men men jag överlevde första natten. Vid frukosten blev de pulverkaffe och torra makor. Men jag överlevde de med.... Dock rekomenderar jag inte detta hotell till någon!!
4 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
SE
"Hôtel agréable"
Nous étions 5 dont 3 enfants Accueil impeccable Chambre et SDB très propres Les avis souvent très négatifs ( pas de SDB peut-être petite chambre ?) nous avaient refroidis Séjour en Oct 2014
Other trip Oct 27, 2014