All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom

Bad breakfast
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Kensington court hotel"
The hotel is situated in a good location for tube stations. Hotel was okay to get your head down but not as clean as I would have liked. I booked a double room with bathroom facilities which consisted of a shower actually in the middle of the room it was very odd. But overall as a cheap b&b can't really complain.
2 night romance trip Jul 18, 2014
"It was worst hotel"
If you you say it is a hotel don't ever try to book in this hotel I payed 377 pond for 3 nights there is no elevator to go to 4th floor no air condition at this temperature the rooms are very small they said with brake fast with very small room and with almost nothing to eat this is one of my big mistake to book at this hotel. If fact iam disappointed by expedia they told me that it is very good hotel.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Comfy bed, dirty surrondings"
I have stayed in Hotels all over the world, Britain in my home and I ended up with the most expensive Hotel, which was more like a Hostel!! the stairs are not safe as I fell badly and hurt myself, bleeding finger and there was no antiseptic, staff did not use gloves and gave me a tea towel to wipe my bleeding finger, the breakfast was not up to scratch, breakfast room in the cellar smelt of damp. The carpets were filthy. I am very disappointed as I paid a lot money to get away for one night and to chillax ................. but my stress never left me .......
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Got my money's worth and more."
As per the title, It was definitely worth it and was better than expected.
3 night romance trip Jul 9, 2014
JustMeg
"Did not want to stay"
good location, nice people, but I did not like the quality
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Great Location, Friendly Staff"
Excellent for budget accommodation. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic and the bathroom was a little dated but everything worked and was clean. The location was excellent, beautiful street, NCP car parking was available walking distance from the Hotel which was very reasonable for London. Proximity to shops, restaurants and Notting Hill Gate and Bayswater tube station is brilliant. Can't recommend this place enough, excellent for what we paid!
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2014
It was OK for my purposes - but too many stairs to climb with bags. Room tiny as expected but comfortable. Continental breakfast OK. Only one bathroom for some 18 rooms meant delays.
2 night business trip Jun 10, 2014
Tony
"Small and smelt"
Room was very small and smelt awful!!
1 night trip May 24, 2014
very tired needs refib bed ok great location service good
1 night trip May 12, 2014
james
"Basic hotel central to London attractions"
Easy to find, on direct bus route from Kings Cross and a 10 minute walk. Welcoming efficient staff,with available 24hours service, free wi-fi. Breakfast is continental, no full English.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Hazel
"overall review"
It's very good location and good quality for the price
2 night family trip May 6, 2014
"avoid this hotel"
this hotel did not suit our needs. its only good thing was its proximity to Bayswater tube station. unsafe conditions, electrical wires in dining room resting on a cardboard box with kettle and toaster plugged into an extension lead , potential fire hazard. window in bedroom opened wide enough for a person to fall out
5 night family trip Apr 14, 2014
"Nice little Hotel"
Excellent service, thank you we enjoyed it very much!!
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Not impressed AT ALL!!"
Arriving at the hotel was fine, when checking in had to wait about 10 mins to even check in cause the phone was always going off, after we finally checked in we was told we was in the basement, which didn't sound good to start with, so we went down.. Firstly the door opened straight away without even using the key, secondly the room was nothing at all like the picture on the internet, it was way smaller and just not as clean and nicely put out! The door wouldn't even lock!! We decided that we couldn't even stay a night in the hotel beause as two young girls aged 18/29 we didn't feel comfortable, so we put ourself out to buy a new hotel (that we couldn't really afford) as we didn't want to sleep in a hotel that we didn't feel comfortable to stay in!!!! The women at the desk was nice enough, she was alright, its just the hotel itself is just not nice, it just doesn't look as good as it shows on the internet at all! I don't normally write bad reviews but i wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else as it was something we didn't need on our trip!
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2014
dissapointed
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"comfy beds"
Overall an average stay. Beds were comfy, location was good, however size of room was small with minimal space to sit except on the beds. No room to keep luggage and shower head had to be crooked to not get water outside shower stall. Too bad because in great neighborhood. Also was not provided a receipt of payment. Had to have a discussion in order to obtain a copy.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2014
Very poor indeed,no lift & room no bigger than a box room
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
Rich
good value for money
1 night trip Apr 6, 2014
benno
"What it Says on the Tin"
Needed a place to stay for a few days that was central, but not too expensive. This place fit the bill. It wasn't the grandest of places, but it was acceptable. It is just two lavatories for the entire hotel, so be mindful of that. However, it wasn't as much of an inconvenience as one would think; one was available for use nearly every time the need arose. Otherwise, the room was small (but clean), the facilities adequate, the wi-fi free and easy to access, and the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Bams
"Small room"
Very small double room (Not like the picture) with only a bathroom and a toilet for whole hotel.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"kensington court"
I was very impressed by neighbourhood. It was fairly quiet despite being situated near a pub. Restaurants nearby and underground a few minutes walk. Staff could not be any more helpful. Bathroom needed renovating and breakfast basic . The pluses of very pleasant staff, great locality, and adequate, clean rooms far outweigh any minuses. I will definitely return
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2014
Alison ORourke
Nice little clean room just right for the price. And the breakfast was fantastic.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
great hotel great staf lovley location near shops
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
steve
"Pleasantly surprised!"
This place was surprisingly comfy for a cheap hotel. Ww stayed three nights and were very pleased. The room was small but cosy and the bed was comfy. The shared bathroom was modern, always clean and had a great shower. The neighborhood was nice as well, with everything you could want, including a couple great cafes for breakfast or lunch. Tube station nearby also. The only negative we found was that the hotel was somewhat noisy, floors creaked and you could always hear people moving around. We would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"You get what you pay for!"
Unfortunately I read the reviews AFTER I booked a non-refundable room at The Kensington Court Hotel Notting Hill. Please don't do the same! When we saw the "Hotel" sign not on the building but propped at the side, it was certainly a clue as to the interior. Our triple room was very small, no bedside tables, lamps or chairs to sit in. The atmospheric room lighting consisted of kitchen style strip lighting! Although there was one bedside lamp, it was not beside the bed and you had to get out of bed to turn it off. We stayed for 2 nights and although the room was cleaned in between and new towels laid out, which was very nice, unfortunately the tea, coffee, sugar and milk was not replenished, and despite going to the reception desk twice (from the 3rd floor with no lift) to ask for some it was never forthcoming. I gave up and went to bed! I have stayed in everything from Marriotts and Hiltons to hostels, bunkhouses and tents and this is the worst value for money that I have ever spent.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Trish
"TERRIBLE DO NOT BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Hotel LOOKED like a nice boutique hotel. Decided to book it. The room isnt clean. The Décor looks nice in the picture... reality it looks nasty. There are budget hotels and terrible ones. This is the latter unfortunately I went out to reception and argued with them... which eventually after pretty much saying you've paid we have your money and now we dont care (DO NOT PAY TILL YOU SEE YOUR ROOM EVER). They decided to bring out the manager/owner who was a pretty, elegant, well spoken lady with a HORRIBLE attitude!!!!, who i think summed it up in one line QUOTE Just because the room doesn't look like the pictures... that isn't a good enough excuse to get your money back. UNQUOTE Whilst we were arguing she even decided to call the POLICE ... of course they didn't come because there was nothing for them to really come to... she just did it to intimidate me. She was even so strange as to say "of course they wont come because your not threatening me... if you did they would come" WHAT A STRANGE PERSON. She wanted me to threaten her so that she can make the police come now. Very funny. Of course I did not and the police did not come. The room looked terrible in reality. Service and Attitude terrible. There are many other cheaper hotels. Take your chances elsewhere from one fellow traveller to another. Room Tip: Good area very central. Just avoid Kensington Court hotel and you will be fine :)
8 night trip Feb 10, 2014
Sam
"could do with a lot of TlC"
This hotel had excellent customer service but the hotel was in need of some TLC. as mentioned the hotel is located in a grade two listed building which is wonderful but the inside has majority of its original features which could definitely do with replacing as the haven't been looked up properly. the stairs and the dining area could definitely do with being refurbished. the rooms are also very small too but that would be expected of a building of this type.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2014
"Kensington court hotel"
It is not a family hotel, I would not recommend anyone with children, the stairs were nightmare
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2014
"Good location. Easy to find/ walkable from the tub"
We, as a three, enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately, when we got there two hours after the check in our room wasn't ready. We had to wait 15 minutes. Inside, it was clean and presentable. The staff were pleasant, polite and welcome. The breakfast was fresh and a variety of food. The overall facilities were good. A lack of information about entertainment and sightseeing of London. The staff was trying to be helpful, but didn't point out the correct place of destination. The environment was quiet and peaceful.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
Mrs Elena
"Awful"
Booked for one night with young family heating and hot water were not working and could not be fixed till earliest next day. Had to leave as it was too cold for kids still awaiting a refund, also place had a smell of body odour and general cleanliness was poor.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
dont book this
"very small room"
booked a double room, got a box room on the top floor, not impressed.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
It was basic, but in a great neighbourhood, centrally located, clean, and friendly service. For what I paid, I was pleasantly surprised. Perhaps improvements have been made since some of the bad reviews I have seen. Just a warning though, for anyone with mobility issues, there are several floors, no lifts, and steep staircases. I saw an older woman who had great difficulty with the stairs.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
Josh
Comforable place. Nice location. Honestly its just a convenient place coz there was nothing annoying about the place. But price needs to be reviewed coz its too expensive
3 night business trip Dec 28, 2013
Unknown
"Completely different from other reviews!"
i was under the impression that the hotel would be as bad as others reviews but turn out they give us a very good service. the room was fantastic for the cheap price ( i stayed with a husband , a 1 month old baby and a mother) we find it very comfy and being under ratted. Yola the kitchen staff has given us a friendly and warm service, i felt very welcome and will definitely visit again in the future.
1 night trip Dec 17, 2013
fancy traveller
"Friendly staff; very accommodating."
Pros--rooms that can hold 5 people. Friendly workers. Nice breakfast with reasonable hours (on vacation, I don't want to have to be up at 6 to get a free breakfast; their hours were 8-9:30--perfect for me!). Parking (must pay during day, but overnight is free) in front of hotel. Restaurants nearby. Train station hereby. Cons--no elevator and a LOT of stairs!
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
"Fine for a budget hotel"
Good choice of pastries at breakfast
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Simon
"DISGUSTING, BADLY RUN, VERY NOISY,LIKE A BADHOSTEL"
Nothing like the pictures on web. Basic, and disgusting. Old ripped carpets, dirty white walls, no decoration. Bathrooms disgusting. TOTALLY NOT SUITABLE FOR FAMILY WITH CHILDREN. AVOID AVOID AVOID
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Good, basic hotel"
I stayed in a quadruple room with some friends which was really cheap considering the great area it is in. The room wasn't the best but it was all we needed for our stay. The continental breakfast that was included was good. And the receptionists were helpful (especially Martina).
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Poor quality for amount you pay"
We paid 109 pounds for one night for a basic room with ensuite. The window was open when we arrived to the room in freezing temperatures. The heating did not come on until after mid night. We asked for an extra blanket which they could not provide as they said they had none. The mattress was very uncomfortable. For the price it wasn't worth it. It is basically an over rated hostel.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"could be good but really failed....."
welcome ok, but stuck me at the very top of the building at the end of a corridor, not where a single lady wants to be..... toilet seat broken and glued back together - when I mentioned it the staff asked me what I should do about it! Unfortunately I didn't have time to pop to B&Q and buy them a new one. Also, bathroom was down several flights of stairs and nothing to help see if in use, apparently it was brand new but constantly engaged.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Nice hotel near to station of red line and circle lines. Also near to the hyde part. The staff is so nice, but the facilities and condition is just ok. We book a family room ensuite ,which is on top of the hotel. The room is so small but clean. Wi-fi is too slow, even cannot open a web sometimes.We have a nice experience here, and the price is reasonable.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Elaine
"More for backpackers"
The staff were friendly but disorganised, at one point someone let them self into our room when we were in bed. The Livy kept getting blocked up. The shower was the worst I have ever had, the shower head wouldn't move and I had to hold it over myself and try and wash. The breakfast was ok but was made up of sweet pastries. The bed was comfortable, but could hear noise from the Loby from very early morning.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Well priced Hotel close to everything!"
I found the Hotel to be very well priced (considering it's so close to everything) and the staff were very helpful and friendly, especially ioana.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Troy
No elevator rooms are very tiny no good breakfast not a good decision to stay here worthless
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2013
IN
I would recommend this hotel. It is situated on an attractive looking street. It is clean and staff were very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are seeking a standard room and great transport links. I would have hoped that bags left at the hotel could have been locked away with name tags .. So I advise if you are leaving your bag at the hotel that you remove any expensive items.
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2013
Jon
"Our stay"
Great locality pity we struck problems with pass key most days. A bit expensive for what we got.
4 night romance trip May 26, 2013
Misc
"Transit accommodation"
Not your standard North American hotel!! Hotel renovations were ongoing during our one night stay, the hotel sign was lying on the ground outside the front entrance and not installed! There is no lift in the premise which would help instead of carting heavy suitcases up four flights of steep stairways. We were also greeted with a "shower out of order" sign which was disappointing after a transatlantic flight. This so called hotel is good for back-packers looking for a place to put your head down, but falls short of normal hotel standards we are accustomed to in Canada!
1 night trip Jun 19, 2013
Speedie
"Avoid if you can"
Paid £200 a night for this hotel as it was Wimbledon fortnight. I wish I'd slept in my car instead. So noisy and basic, it beggars belief that a hotel like this can be in business in London
1 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"Appearances are deceiving."
At first i was a bit worried reading all the other reviews. And yes there is no toilet in my room, my shower is like an en-suite cupboard and my floor space is only two paces. But for a third of the price of neighbouring hotels i got my own room, double bed which was very comfortable, free wi-fi, breakfast and a 24 hour reception. All in all i would stay again next time I'm down.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
Ash
Like staying in a hostel. Some bits done up well, others looked like never been done (eg flat screen telly with all the channels but number stuck on door in paper!)
Other trip Jun 27, 2013