All hotels in Carna, Ireland

• Value for money
    Ordinary amenities
    Room is not nice
"Quintessential Irish Hospitality"
From our window we could look out over stone walls to the Atlantic Ocean. The food and the graciousness of the staff were better than 5 star. There is much ruggedly beautiful scenery in the area. The other guests were interesting and friendly.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Eileen

Very friendly staff and excellent food
2 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Shabby. Only Good point was a lovely girl working at breakfast the next morning. Couldn't wait to leave.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Happy Easter weekend"
Great staff and extremely friendly and helpful. Only problem is the smell in the corridors and a bit dated. Cannot work out what the source was/is but needs to be addressed.Will stay again
3 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Denis
"Hidden Ireland."
This is a warm,comfortable, 3 star hotel with cozy bedrooms.The Bar is well designed and serves excellent Bar Food (try the Steak Sandwich!)as well as lovely, creamy pints!.Breakfast was plentiful and tasty.The staff were very friendly and efficient - Our thanks to Patricia,Michael,and Margaret how made our stay very enjoyable.Thanks Guys,Nora + Jim PS Our dog, Topy, stayed in our bedroom at no extra charge!.PPS.great value.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
nora
"lovely place"
Very nice staff, charming people. Very clean hotel and room, nice surroundings
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Vladimir Gendlin
"a long way from anything"
Nice clean hotel, great staff/owners, good food, basic room, but it was clean. This hotel is a long long way from anything. Free wifi in the lobby, could not get it in room on laptop or our 2 phones. Room 312.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2013
Rory
"not to be missed"
Hotel was lovely. Staff were excellent, they could not do enough for us. The room was clean, but the beds could do with been updated. The food was excellent, even had vegetarian dishes on the menu..which pleased me no end. I will go back again, without a doubt.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
Anna

"Hotel Carna Bay"
Ho trascorso 2 notti,l'ho scento per la sua posizione nel Connemara e la sua vicinanza al traghetto per isole Aran
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
IT
"コネマラのガラガラした石だけの風景にふさわしいホテル"
周辺に何もない殺風景なホテル。料金だけは四ツ星並でバランス取れず。コネマラの景色がホテルから直接見えると期待したが、当て外れ。幹線から外れたところで便利も良くない。
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Y.T.
JP
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
pennyk

TripAdvisor reviews for Carna Bay Hotel

"A tranquil three nights in Connemara at Carna Bay Hotel"
08/31/15 laura k Dublin, Ireland
I visited Connemara towards the end of August, staying in this hotel for three nights. It's located in the little village of Carna, right at the coast. The room was very nice, ground floor with a double and single bed provided. Tea/coffee facilities and hairdryer were provided in the room, together with toiletries and plenty of towels. The staff were very nice and kindly obliged and were patient with my rusty Gaeilge/Irish. Irish is the first language of the region so hotel staff here and elsewhere generally speak both languages. I have to mention the food, as I ate here each of the three nights. I'm quite fussy but I found the food delicious and after the first night resolved to stay there for meals rather than try any other local place (not that there are many other options in Carna it has to be said). The food is very fresh, even the pizza appears made from scratch and was the best I've tasted outside of Italy. I had my little dog with me during my stay and he was welcomed by staff who took an interest in him (he's super friendly, so easy to make friends with). I was really very happy with my stay there and would gladly go there again on my next trip to Connemara. On a side note, you're not far from beaches at Carna Bay Hotel. We live near the beach at home (Wales) so I only visited a Connemara beach on my last day. Big mistake. So much better in Connemara, I wish I'd gone there sooner.
"Relaxing, friendly hotel with excellent food and attentive staff. "
08/22/15 Roger M Burnley
My wife and I stayed at this hotel in AUGUST 2015 and would highly recommend it for excellent food, service and the friendly staff. Wonderful scenery complimented the well kept Guinness. We would certainly visit again.
"Good value, friendly staff, clean bright rooms"
08/14/15 T199619 Dublin, Ireland
A one-night stay here for a short visit was very pleasant and for peak summer season was good value. Had never stayed in this hotel before but will be happy to come back again. The room was especially good -- very clean, spacious and bright.
"Lovely, quiet location"
08/14/15 TonaghAnn Dublin, Ireland
I stayed here for 1 night in early August. The staff were friendly and helpful. I felt I got an Irish welcome. My room was average for a hotel of this type, it was spotless and well equipped. The pubic areas are a little out-dated but that is part of the attraction. I was surprised at how quiet the bar was at 10.00 on a Saturday night, but I guess most tourists are wrapped up in bed by that hour. The hot breakfast was a buffet type arrangement, but served by a member of staff. I ate early and it was hot and fresh.
"Lovely base for a quiet corner of Connemara"
08/11/15 SullivanIreland County Wicklow, Ireland
My husband and I have visited this hotel many times, as have various members of my adult family with their children. An extremely friendly hotel. Great staff, very willing, and a yummy breakfast always provided (during summer months in the large dining room and off season it is served in the comfortable bar)
"Jeff's Review"
08/10/15 JeffreyMartin2014 Swansea County, United Kingdom
Just returned from a long holiday in Ireland. I spent a few nights at this hotel and found the staff to be helpful. The rooms were more than satisfactory and breakfast was good although the choices were a little bit limited. Carna is a good location for visiting the local beaches and small harbours that prevail in this area and Mynos Beach should be visited if at all possible. It is a quiet sandy bay with white sand that is a short drive from Carna. The beach is remote and does not have many facilities but if you want to escape from the world for a while, it is a restful place where a person can recharge the batteries.
"Bad value, poor customer attitude"
08/08/15 Larry L Birr, Ireland
Stayed here August Bank Holiday and was very disappointed especially as I expected more from a 3 star hotel. The room size was ok but there was a terrible smell when we entered. We opened window and went out for a while but smell still there when we came back. I informed female owner and when she came to the room she could see nothing wrong - she said her smell senses were bad anyway - how convenient. As they were booked out she had no other room to give us. Breakfast was only ok as some of cooked food was not too hot. Management need to get with it as I expect better for my hard earned money.
"Bad Hotel, Bad Service."
08/03/15 Caolan B
The hotel has friendly girls who work the bar and dining room but the female owner and male manager are very unpleasant and ignorant. When my tv would not work I asked for it to be looked at twice and I was snubbed down. The hotel looks to me like it is stuck in the 1970s with a pungent smell looming around the entire hotel. At breakfast time my egg whites were undercooked while my bacon an sausages were cold. It had seemed that they cooked it and left it on a warm dish. For the 2 days I was there I was glad to get out into the carna bay. There was more atmosphere in the pub down the road from the hotel than the actual hotel itself. For a hotel in the gaeltacht region the manager knew little irish. When asking for a 'roghchlár' the lady manager asked me if it was a menu which I thought was quite bad when her hotel was located in a gaeltacht region. The young bar staff are friendly and the only good thing about this hotel. I will not be visiting this area again.
"Fiona boyd"
08/02/15 Fiona B
Stayed here the bank holiday weekend in August and defo wil not be back. Very very basic for a 3 star hotel. The lady owner was very rude and obnoxious. Can't understand how this hotel is getin good reviews. Breakfast was ok although the bacon and sausages where cold and the fried eggs undercooked. Bar food was good although some of it was reheated in microwave. As a pet friendly hotel I obviously took my Westie with me, on 1 evein went down for dinner and kept dog in my room to be told by the rude owner that could I keep my dog quiet as she was barking. (Why be a pet friendly hotel DOGS DO BARK)
"Dated. Friendly. Not much choice around!"
08/02/15 lozDublin Dublin
the staff are very friendly and the breakfast is the best I've ever had. The rooms are spacious and to be honest, there isn't much around Carna to choose from ! We visited to see our daughter in the Gaeltacht so we were not looking for much by way of the hotel. If they changed the carpets the old hotel smell would go and the place overall would warrant an extra star rating. Good stay.