All hotels in Carna, Ireland
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereConnemara, Carna, Galway, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8

"Happy Easter weekend"
Great staff and extremely friendly and helpful. Only problem is the smell in the corridors and a bit dated. Cannot work out what the source was/is but needs to be addressed.Will stay again
3 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Denis
"Hidden Ireland."
This is a warm,comfortable, 3 star hotel with cozy bedrooms.The Bar is well designed and serves excellent Bar Food (try the Steak Sandwich!)as well as lovely, creamy pints!.Breakfast was plentiful and tasty.The staff were very friendly and efficient - Our thanks to Patricia,Michael,and Margaret how made our stay very enjoyable.Thanks Guys,Nora + Jim PS Our dog, Topy, stayed in our bedroom at no extra charge!.PPS.great value.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
nora
"lovely place"
Very nice staff, charming people. Very clean hotel and room, nice surroundings
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Vladimir Gendlin
"a long way from anything"
Nice clean hotel, great staff/owners, good food, basic room, but it was clean. This hotel is a long long way from anything. Free wifi in the lobby, could not get it in room on laptop or our 2 phones. Room 312.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2013
Rory
"not to be missed"
Hotel was lovely. Staff were excellent, they could not do enough for us. The room was clean, but the beds could do with been updated. The food was excellent, even had vegetarian dishes on the menu..which pleased me no end. I will go back again, without a doubt.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
Anna
Clean comfortable rooms and superb breakfast- buffet and cooked breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2012
catherine

"Hotel Carna Bay"
Ho trascorso 2 notti,l'ho scento per la sua posizione nel Connemara e la sua vicinanza al traghetto per isole Aran
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
IT
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
pennyk

TripAdvisor reviews for Carna Bay Hotel

"Great base for exploring Connemara."
04/26/15 KarenGary891 Rochester, United Kingdom
Returned here for second time to visit my family. Spent many happy summers in this little village as a child so the area holds some magical memories for me!There is a good Irish welcome to all that stay at the Carna Bay, yes I suppose to some of us so called sophisticated travellers it might appear dated but that's part of its charm! It's clean and comfortable and homely. The food is fantastic - huge portions - breakfast is amazing, my husband rates it as the best he's ever had and he's a builder! The bar and restaurant are used by the locals and it's wonderful to listen to the Gaelic language being spoken. The surrounding areas are beautiful for walking and touring - Clifden, Cashel, Roundstone and the beautiful Mweenish Island with it's pure white beaches. Recommend a hire car as the area is very remote and you will travel a fair few miles to see everything! Thoroughly recommend this hotel as a comfortable family run hotel to use as a base for exploring beautiful Connemara.
"Restaurant was our goal"
03/14/15 Fenway1958 Boston, Massachusetts
We visited here as a family group. While not staying at the hotel (their prices being very high for a rather dated establushment) we enjoyed our meals in the bar. Service was good and the food average. A nice menu which satisfied all. Would visit again.
"Greatttt.."
02/21/15 Kayley P London, United Kingdom
Loved this place, the staff are so kind and will go of their way to make you very happy. I was away alone and found the place great.The bedroom was spotless and very well maintained. I thank the owner and the staff, i wll be back.
"Perfect two night stopover"
02/02/15 PatandTrudie
Enjoyable February break. Nestling in a shallow dip in a very rugged landscape this well maintained hotel has welcoming staff and good wholesome food. The double room was a nice size, perfectly clean and warm. The view north from our bedroom window was a surprise as we could see the Twelve Bens and the Maumturk mountains and between them, through the gap of the Inagh valley, the Sheeffry hills; the view enhanced by a dusting of snow on the mountains with a heavier fall further north. Carna is a quiet backwater but the sense of silent immersion in this Connemara landscape of crystal clear air and silver sunshine dancing on countless tiny lakes was wonderful and complete. We had clear weather. p.s check out the display in the foyer showing local beaches. They are a different world with the whitest sand I have ever seen.
"A rare gem"
02/01/15 Mr Martin B
Wonderful hotel, it does not catch your eye as the most modern hotel but once you step inside it is charming, warm, welcoming, comfortable and homely. The food is absolutely fantastic, the portions are huge and with a lovely homemade taste. The waitress even offered us second helpings- never heard of that before but I had to decline as we were stuffed. Really a lovely hotel staffed by lovely people, will be back for sure.
"Very poor!"
10/12/14 Vincent H
We stayed here a few months ago and found it way overpriced, not very clean and a unfriendly owner. The room smelt of bleach and musty at the same time! Would not go back again, especially since we discovered all the other nicer places to stay while driving around Connemara.
"Family break.. With the dog!!"
09/28/14 fionaob84 Offaly, Ireland
Being a dog lover I was tipped off to the charm of carna bay hotel and the fact that it was a dog friendly hotel. We took off on Friday wvening, dog in tow and had a lovely weekend! Carna is nestled in the middle of Connemara, about and hour from Galway and half an hour from clifden. There are so many lovely places to visit from this base, all so quiet and tranquil, one of which is roundstone, a beautiful town with gorgeous beaches. The hotel itself is slightly dated but cleanliness, service and food were all of a good standard, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it as a base for anyone looking for secluded serenity.
"Just Right"
08/28/14 Paul E Castledermot, Ireland
We made a last minute decision to visit the area for two nights and booked through Booking.com!! The hotel didn't seem to have notification of our arrival. Luckily there was a room available. Don't bother with Booking.com. Contact the hotel itself or use their own website. Lovely location, friendly staff and excellent food both in the bar and the restaurant. The breakfast was really faultless and caters for all tastes. My full Irish was excellent. The waiting staff always ready to top you up with excellent coffee. Same with the dinner in the bar or restaurant. Really outstanding and served by lovely people. If we get chance we will stay for longer next time.
"Perfect family reunion"
08/10/14 Afarrelly
We stayed at carna bay hotel from 5th -8th of August There was 11 adults & 2 children in our party. My husband & I shared an interconnecting room with our 2 children it was an ideal set up. From the minute we arrived staff were so welcoming & informative of where to go for local beaches. We ate in the bar every night huge portions great variety on menu & food was perfect & even catered for my mum who is gluten free. We couldn't recommend hotel enough & we look forward to returning again. Carna is a beautiful part of Connemara & is unspoilt.
"Dated 1970"
08/05/14 magscork Cork, Ireland
Let's start with the positives. The hotel staff are friendly and welcoming. We had notified reception that we would be late arriving, 8.30 and would need dinner, as the restaurant closed at 9. However, when we did arrive we weren't hungry enough for dinner! That was no problem, and we had bar food instead. The Thai stir fry was good. The feta salad tried too hard, with a mixture of fruit and salad and cubes of not crumbly feta. In the bar I read a newspaper article from 1970 announcing the opening of the hotel. In some respects I think the hotel is stuck in a time warp, pine furniture, bar style, carpets everywhere, including the dining room, scuffed paint. I was worried when I read conflicting reports of uncomfortable beds, but took the chance anyway. Unfortunately, I have to report that our bed was very uncomfortable, quite lumpy! The toiletries were in sachets, which didn't appeal to me, paying top price for my hotel room. Breakfast was only average. We were in the dining room half an hour before finish, but it seemed the cooking had been done for the morning. The rashers were hard and other cooked meats were nearly cold. One of the reasons we chose this hotel, over Clifden was that the website mentioned locals coming in every evening with music singing and dancing. Admittedy it was a Monday night, but there was no such atmosphere. Pity. On checkout I wasn't asked if I enjoyed my stay. If I had been I would have let them know my opinion. We stayed here as part of a 5 night tour of Ireland. This was the most expensive night and certainly not worth the price.