All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Poor value for money
    Service is poor
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
"Worked in a pinch, adventorous but bit expensive"
Clerk was friendly and stayed open for me as I arrived late in the evening. Room was OK, seemed clean. Neighborhood was very mixed with restaurants only 2 blocks away and a great breakfast bakery right on the corner. Tire shop lot across the street for public parking - you may want to use another lot down the street. Looks questionable from the outside, worked for me in a pinch but was expensive (Toronto film festival in town). I would recommend room with it's own private bathroom.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
"I was charged double by the hotel owner"
I was charged double by the owner of the hotel i paid already when i booked online and when i arrived in the hotel and it was not returned to my credit card.the owner of the hotel promised me to settle this before i will check out but he did not show up besides he just called me to leave the key in the door.until not i called dubai first and they told me that i was charge double.We had and argument by this pakistani man before i leave the hotel because he did not show up.pls help me to recover this amount and kindly informed the owner of the hotel..more power hotel.com
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
We are still waiting to see you card statement proving that you were actually charged twice.
6 night trip Mar 24, 2015
Hermes
"Terrible Service, Terrible Place"
Not sure why this hotel is listed on such a great website. As someone who constantly gets deals from expedia, never have I experienced such a disgusting stay. Firstly, the "manager" of this residence was extremely rude and not welcoming at all, apparently the front desk closes at 6pm which means any of your concerns during the stay cannot be addressed seeing as there is no one present in the office. Secondly, this building itself is so tiny I could barely get myself through the door, there is no way of knowing where to go unless you find your own way. The hallway which has all the rooms is behind closed doors so you would need a key to get in, but how is that possible if there is no one in the office? Secondly, the room was pretty much the size of a closet, and this "kitchenette" is just a fridge with a small counter and a sink. So much for the advertisement of this room, do not fall for the schemes. Lastly, as if that weren't enough, the "manager" charged my card extra for having a third person with me, whom was waiting outside for me, thinking that she was staying in the room when in fact she was not, but went ahead and proceeded with the charge anyway. P.S I did not stay in this hotel, I left as soon as I discovered that the manager was crazy and just wanted to charge me for ridiculous things. Save yourself the trouble and do not book with this place. Seeing as the price for this closet looking room was over the top, you're better off paying more for a decent room.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Not a place to stay"
The hotel is close to downtown, and that's pretty much all the positive things I can say about this hotel. We were charged more than what we were supposed to be charged. There was no hot water, when we arrived, the reception desk was supposed to be opened, but nobody was there so we had to wait in the front door with our suitcases. We booked a room for 3 people and there there was only one bed so we had to sleep three people in one bed. Plus, we had to pay extra for it even if it wasn't our mistake.
2 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2014
"Think Twice If You're Plus-sized!"
Admittedly, I am a bigger guy than I ought to be, about 330 lbs. but, my God, the beds at this place are narrow and the cheap mattress kept sliding off whatever flimsy base it was on! I had a hellacious first night, somewhat better second night. My chair was dirty, too, and of course there seems to be no maid service to make the bed. You are pretty much on your own here. The kitchen can save you some money, and it's nice to have a fridge in the rooms. This is more a place for students to save some money. Moe, the gentleman who owns the place, is nice, however, and accommodating, when you can find him, that is. The building is rather old; I noticed a distinct slope of the third floor, on which I stayed!
2 night trip Mar 19, 2014
Steve I.

"Really bad place"
No services at all and not clean and too expensive for what you got.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
"Not recommended!"
Disgusting. Was afraid to sleep on the bed. Hair all over bathroom and not clean. Only plus was the air conditioner worked. Stayed here because flight was cancelled and everywhere was booked but here - I understand why now.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"It was the last hotel in Toronto to have rooms"
My flight home was cancelled and I had an unexpected overnight stay the day of the Pan Am Games final; all the hotel sites showed sold out pretty much everywhere downtown. This hotel was massively overpriced. But it was short notice in August and it was pretty much the last room I could find below five hundred and I wouldn't blame any hotel for raising prices in that situation. I did get a double or queen bed (filling most of the room) and a private bathroom; watch that many rooms here have a shared bathroom. There was wifi (make sure to ask for the codes to at least two networks at checkin, before the office closes!) and a fridge in the bedroom with an old small microwave perched on it (no room for it in the "kitchenette"). There was a hotplate (I didn't try it to see if it worked) and a stainless steel kitchen sink, although I didn't find any pans or bowls, just a couple of mismatched mugs and a pile of tin foil plates that I wouldn't want to use. My room was on the ground floor; don't expect total quiet from a hotel like this whatever floor you're on. All in all it was actually better than I expected - I didn't get any insect bites, the hardwood floor is easy to keep clean, and there are plenty of worse places to stay. At checkin an extra imprint of my credit card was taken for incidentals, which was worrying. Avoid the nearby armory park at night.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
barefootliam
"More of a hostel than anything"
Didn't even sleep the whole night Ac didn't work and small cramped room. Not a hotel or as they stated "affordable luxury" it's a grimey hostel definitely not worth what I paid for it
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Ripped off"
The place is extremely dirty. The shared bathrooms are extremely dirty. The guy charged my credit card twice and I am fighting to get my money back. I called him to enquire and he hung up on me.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
R U Kiddingme?
"Nice hotel close to downtown."
It was an interesting experience. I was pleasantly surprised!
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
We are glad you were pleasantly surprised. Comments like yours make us do even better
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Alex
"Rooming House, not a hotel"
This hotel had bugs flying around, dirty floors and the bedsheets had not been washed from the previous guests use. We forfeited our full payment of $350 for two rooms and found another hotel to stay in. Do not sell this hotel's room again. It is not in keeping with the standards your customers depend on when booking rooms with non refundable payment. Sincerely, Anastasis
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
anatasia
"Great location, homey setup and comfortable room"
I stayed there with a bunch of friends. The hotel setup was very homey and cozy. Nice passageways, hallways, living room-like area and kitchen. I felt like I could enjoy the common spaces as well as my room. In that sense, it's a little like a hostel. The room I stayed in was small, but the bed was comfortable and the room was VERY clean. The old gentleman who checked us in was very nice and made excellent conversation. He added a very quirky, personal feel to the experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel for staying in Toronto. Not to mention that it is in a great area with access to so many neighbourhoods.
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
All we can say is, a great big Thank you
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Opi
"I hated my experience"
I asked for a hotel they gave me a hostil, it was ridiculous, the area is sketchy the check in and out was sketchy... I didn't feel safe. It was horrible.
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
We were only trying to accommodate you after hours check-in. We know, we are not a 24 hours property and thats exactly why we are explicit about front desk hours. We offer both types of rooms, rooms with private bathroom and at lower price rooms with shared bathroom. Client always have a choice before booking, to book what suits their needs.
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Shamsi
"No good"
Would not cancel our reservation and ended up charging up more that the original price. Do yourself a favor and avoid this "hotel"
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Pretty Darn Small"
Room was pretty small for 2 people 8 ft X 16 ft. Did not appreciate the old freezer in the hallway with dead bugs inside. Did not appreciate the fact that my bill had to be paid in US funds. No TV working
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Hotel hell"
An absolute piece of crap .... something you would expect in the third world .... but a little bit worse ..... they should pay you to stay there ...the price is absolutely ridiculous for the quality (or lack of) this dive... after getting the room I turned around and left. Expedia should have nothing to do with this hovel, it could ruin your reputation.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"much better stay than reviews show."
Great service, friendly staff, has more provisions than a standard hotel( kitchen for making your own delicious food) but the cleanliness and comfort of a hotel. Stay here if you must stay in downtown Toronto
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
Thank you for your kind review. Please come again.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2014
samuel
I never written a review before but this has to be the most disgusting hotel/hostel I've stayed at especially for the price. Was not worth it at all. It would be worth it if you can find a rate for 65-90 max. But anything more you're better off paying more.
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
Hello Brittany, since this is a seasonal business the prices do change. In slow season the prices do drop to the level that you can be comfortable. In high season though prices go up they are still tenth of some of the properties around us
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
Brittany
"Nightmare from beginning to end!!!!!!!"
Firstly, your website advertised this "hotel" as such. Not even close. The site also stated that there was a shower in the room, no if I wanted a room with a shower it would incur an additional fee. Seriously!!!!!! The night we arrived it was pouring with rain, we had been travelling all day, just wanted a shower and sleep. The owner was the rudest person I've had the displeasure of meeting. He argued that the room description stated that the shower was available not a given. We showed him our reservation e-mail where it stated quite clearly, shower in room. His retort, its a matter of interpretation. REALLY!!!!! He would not allow cancellation, said we could leave if we chose. We have been travelling for over 2 months now, with still a month to go. This would have to be the worst experience of our trip. I will not use your web page again until you remove this so-called hotel. He had plastic sheeting on the mattress, so every time you moved you crinkled, the sound would wake you. I cant say anything positive about our stay.
2 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
dawn
"Highly Misleading"
It was a terrible experience that lasted 10 minutes: - The clerk during check-in was very rude; - The room given to us was nothing compared to the pictures advertised on Expedia.ca; - The communal showers were dirty and ridden with mold; - The communal bathroom were dirty and you have to bring you own toilet paper; - The communal areas (living room, kitchen, all ways) were dirty; - The price for this type of amenity and its condition is excessive. A student hostel would surely have been cleaner, safer, and a lot cheaper.
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
Thank you for a guest who refused to pay for the booked room.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Alex
The lobby was closed when I arrived and it took me about half an hour on the telephone to get a key to my room.
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
As you were told at time of booking, we have limited hours. Most people don't have to wait when arrive during the front desk hours
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
M. Morrison
"Expensive and worst place to stay!"
I paid $220 but overall i should have paid only $20. The worst place i have ever stayed. I gave 1 star because there is not -5 stars.
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
We are sorry you feel that way, though most of the guests find it reasonable, as compared to other properties around us
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Ritchie
"Stay on the Street Instead"
I speed approx 175-225 nights a year in a hotel room and this is the first review I have ever written. This hotel makes hotels I have stayed in in 3rd world countries look like 5 star resorts. The check in process is a joke from the office to the speed. The room is dirty the TV is broken, the blinds don't work, the sheets smell, the the noise inside is horrible. This is all before you get to the washroom the tells you "if you ____ on the floor you have to clean it up". This hotel has no right being on the site and I have told hotels.com that but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. In summary sleep on the street it would be more comfortable. And on a side note my CC has been charge twice but chances of me seeing that is slim to none I am sure.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
"Waste of $190!!!"
The website made the "hotel" look extravagant. When you got there, it was hard to find, especially with it being so small. The office is only opened from 2:30-6:30. The man who booked us said we could check in Asap which was around 11:30am. The hallways smell like a mouldy basement. The rooms get stuffy very easily, with no windows to open. I would never recommend this place to anyone.
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
We thank you for your review. We do not hide the fact that we are open limited hours and the guests can request 48 hours in advance if their arrival is out of those hours. 95% of guests are comfortable with our hours, for other 5% we have always been able to accommodate them; except when people book early in the morning and want to check in right away
1 night trip with friends Sep 16, 2014
Freya
"Good Hotel near downtown."
Very good. Near restaurants. Near downtown. Easy to get to from train station. Owner is polite and nice!
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
Thank you Mary; we are waiting for your next visit.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Feel home"
Very kind owner in charge of the hotell: You feel more like in homy place. Very good location and large laundge available on the floor, Good wifi connection. But you have to fix appointment if you come after 18.30 or phone the hotel.
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
Thanks, you are making us blush. Please spread the word
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Alain
"Other than the location- NASTY"
Sorry to whoever owns this place, but if it was the guy who I delt with at check-in, then I'm not sorry. Service is absolutely brutal- not only was the guy sarcastic and rude, but he was yelling at his lady employee while checking us in (I was almost tempted to say something). He was very SLOW also...it took approximately 45 minutes to get my keys. Walked in at 2:40 wasn't out Til almost 3:30. ALSO check-in is only 2:30-6:30, so if u plan on arriving late you better be sure to call or else the self-serve instructions are CONFUSING. Cleanliness of the hotel was revolting... And to warn everyone which it did not mention on the site, there is one bathroom that's shared amongst 21 rooms (so don't use this as a place to shower). For ladies especially id be careful if your staying here without a partner or something... It's pretty easy to get into the hotel even without a key for strangers walking by. Overall- something I couldn't do again... Next time I'll be paying the money and staying at the harbour castle or royal York!
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
Hey Cassandra we can see you have no nice words for us; but counting six bathrooms as one? Isn't that a bit stretching the truth to its limits much??
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
"Will never go to it again"
The room was so crowded, but the price was high. I never expected the condition would be so poor.
Response by St Lawrence Residences And Suites
Though you did not expect a responce; we like to say Thank you for review
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
linda
"Careful The rates quoted are in American dollars"
Never Again thank you
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Glen
"good"
My stay at the hotel was good. The distance to the mall, financial centers and groceries was adequate. I will return and invite others.
3 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
"Stay away!!"
I have never been in a place like this. It's not a hotel at all.It's a kind of residence and backpacker's hostel. Surrounding neighborhood seems really unsafe, and a Canadian friend of mine agreed with that. There is a residence for homeless people nearby and sadly there are a lot of this men asking for money, some of them with severe mental problems (It's really sad, but also dangerous for women by their-self, like me. ) The rooms are awful, it smells like food all the time. I must recognize it's a cheap accommodation, but anyway it's overrated.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Adriana
"A Little TOO Downmarket"
This place is odd. Not professionally run. Furnishings are very cheap. It really is just a place to park your body overnight. At least the window air conditioning box worked. It sounded like a vintage Russian airplane taking off, but it worked.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"could've been better"
it was cute and cozy, but for the cost of the room with one bed for one night it was not worth it what so ever. it was in a busy neighbourhood, which made sleeping difficult. the customer service was fairly good.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"This is not a hotel, this is a hostel"
Not only is this a hostel, it is way over priced to be a hostel. And make sure you return your keys with a witness, possibly even take a video of you doing so. The manager is good at not finding the keys until the next day and then charges you for a night you never stayed. Also, someone filled all the trash cans in the place full of water. No idea what that was about.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Tanner
"Good for a place to spend the night."
Needed a place to sleep for six hours, and this hotel facilitated that need.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Avoid at all costs!!"
'Hotel' is not an adequate term for this place. It is far closer to a hostel--one that charges over $100 per night. The building owner only allows you to check in between 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM, and even then he was over a half hour late. This is manageable, but I had a lot of luggage I wanted to drop off, and felt this was absurdly late considering the small nature of this establishment. There was no running water the entirety of my second stay, and I received no reimbursement. Additionally they charge for simple amenities such as a glass for tap water (when it is running), and they even charge for toilet paper--you will get none and the bathrooms will be empty. The room was filthy--there were obvious 'intimate stains' on the wall and pillows, the sheets also smelled musty as if they had not been cleaned in awhile. The location was absolutely wonderful, but for the price find somewhere else. It's absolutely not worth it and I would not attend again. The heating in the room was non existent, and the only window was a small window maybe two square feet and it was ten feet in the air functioning as a skylight.
2 night business trip May 9, 2014
"cheater, liar, etc."
Hotel manager said he cancelled my booking, then tried to charge it. Now I have to fight him on it.
3 night business trip May 7, 2014
"DONT DO IT"
DONT DO IT
1 night trip May 8, 2014
"Don't picture of this place is a lie."
Worst. They don't even have front desk. No customer service. It should be removed from Expedia website
Other trip May 9, 2014
Leonardo
"Not a hotel but a rooming house, asked for refund"
I asked for a refund once I saw the room and was refused? Terrible experience...
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Father of 2
"Terrible hotel, but good location"
You can only go to the hotel after 2:30PM which is quite late when you arrive in Toronto during the morning. The man at the entrance is not very professional, he just want you to pay and that's all. The room are very small, only one window, in the roof (you don't have to be claustrophobic !). The showers are very small also. The only good point of this hotel is its location, only 3 minutes walking from Eaton Center and 10 minutes from the Canada Coach Terminal.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Hostel being marketed as a residence/suites"
I was confused about the key entry system. Having to unlock real estate lock boxes just to get into the establishment was sketchy to say teh least. The bed made me itch all night., I had no sleep. I was outright lied to about the parking. QA cost of parking was quoted to me, which ended up being 40$ more expensive by the time I arrived there. I did not sleep well. There were people moving around teh hostel type environment all night. It was teh worst experience I have ever had.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2014
Frank Medewar
"Unbelievably Inexpensive Downtown Location"
This is the best deal available in the downtown Toronto area. Accommodations are Spartan, but I don't need luxury when I am out all day, nor when I sleep!
2 night trip Apr 8, 2014
"This place is a dump."
I booked 15 nights at the Doubletree Downtown Toronto for myself and 2 colleagues. There wasn't room for 2 other colleagues so I booked them at St Lawrence Residences at the suggestion of the person at Expedia who took the reservations. Had I known that the hotel had a 1.5 Expedia rating (grossly overrated at 1.5) I never would have made the booking. This info should be shown on the reservation confirmation. To make a long story short, both colleagues refused to stay there. When I called for refunds, whoever answered the phone was rude, refused to identify himself and hung up on me. I am calling Expedia for an apology and a full refund.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Worst hotel ever"
Their slogan "affordable luxury" is a joke. A room with exposed pipes, rickety furniture, broken security lock in a "hotel" that has communal bathrooms/showers with broken door locks is in no way a "luxurious" experience. I had no heat the first or second night and only figured the heat control the third day & then had to deal with too much heat. It's the first time I've been given my own personal roll of toilet paper for a hotel stay and informed I'd have to buy any additional toilet paper if needed. I will never stay there again, nor would I ever recommend anyone else stay there either. As a first time user of hotels.com, this may also be my last.
3 night trip Mar 4, 2014
Ron Finnigan
"Stay Far far AWAY!!!"
Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever seen. Before arrival I received a phone call from the hotel manager asking when we would be arriving as the front desk was to close at 6PM. After explaining to him that we live 3 hrs away and the weather was bad the manager seemed put out that he had to wait for us.After we checked in and looked at the "room" (More like a closet with 2 small beds crammed into it) we realized their was no bathroom in the room. When making my reservation I specifically asked to have a bathroom in the room. There was one bathroom per hotel floor which everyone is expected to share. After explaining to the hotel manager that this was unacceptable and not what I booked he proceeded to tell me their are no refunds. After an hour of arguing and a phone call to the police he then offered to refund me 2 out of the 3 nights that I had booked and Hotels.com would issue me a credit for the balance. At that point we just wanted a nice hotel and a worm bed so I accepted that offer. This man is a crook and a thief. The hotel was dirty and very sketchy. Stay far far away. Do not book here you will get ripped off.
3 night business trip Mar 1, 2014
"Close to downtown sites"
Hotel was in centre town. Clean room, service was ok. I found the rate a bit high for one night. It was a quiet night there for my fiancé and I. We spent most of the day in bed. It was close to the Eaton centre and shopping.
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2014
joe
"Worst place ive ever been to"
This hotel should not be classified as a hotel, the owner was rude amd tried to force all of the people staying at the hotel for id's to scan which i have never heard of before, the rooms do not have washrooms it is shared with all of the visitors and there was only one working washroom, blood spots were on our bed sheets overall i have never been so mad in my life this place is just like jail. I wouldnt reccomend a homeless person to even stay here.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
steve
"Stay here only if you have to!"
While the hotel manager was very accommodating, I found the hotel itself quite old looking, with a musty odour. My room, was very small, however, I only needed to stay overnight, so it wasn't a big deal to me. I also, didn't like having to share a common bathroom, with other people. Overall, this hotel is good for individuals who only require a bed and a bathroom!. If you're looking for a 5 - star experience.....don't rent here!.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2014