All hotels in Zurich, Switzerland
Konradstrasse 39, Zurich, ZH, 8005, Switzerland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Decent, but think twice about this hotel in summer"
Pros - very close to Zurich HB, city center and Lake Promenade. Great breakfast. Even swiss breakfast cereal has a lot of milk chocolate chunks! Friendly staff cons- I was here first Friday on July, the weather was extremely warm. There is no A/C in the rooms. That seems to be the usual norm in Zurich. We were given a room in the first floor, facing the street. We had to keep the windows open to at least cool the room a bit, but it was extremely noisy until 2am. This was our first night after landing in Europe, and I couldn't sleep until 2 am because of the noise and jet lag kept me up until 5.30am. Next day we had a long drive to Dolomite and I am surprised how well I managed having not slept at all the previous night. When we pay over $200 for a room, I was expecting a room where I can fall asleep.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Bharathwaj
Room is very small but very clean, very friendly , service is good breakfas has a lot of choice, , near by train station , but have no air conditioning
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
"Zurich mini holiday"
I found the hotel that was pictured but that's not the actual hotel. The real hotel is a couple of blocks away. Marco was extremely helpful with giving me ideas of where to go and what to do. Free maps are great!
3 night trip Jun 14, 2015
Lauren
"Hotel Montana Zurich"
Wonderful hotel, very conveniently located walking distance from the main train (HB) station. The room and private bathroom were clean and roomy and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. Try the chocolate filled pastries! Marcus (Marcos?) was extremely helpful and friendly. He suggested a perfect place for drinks and dinner and helped answer all our questions about the city.
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Close to Train Station"
Only stayed here for one night because it was close to the train station. It is indeed, close to the train station! Nice enough place with helpful staff.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Hotel Montana....Zurich"
Had a great experience at this hotel. Marco and the entire staff were so nice and pleasant. I have to say it was one of the most comfortable beds for a hotel. The ladies who put together the breakfast did an outstanding job!! The hotel is just one block away from the tour buses and easy,easy access to the train station. I would highly recommend this hotel..thank you for such a pleasant stay.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Not a bad place to stay"
This hotel was a nice simple place to stay. Not very fancy, but the location and staff were very good. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. It was a good hotel overall.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great stay close to Train station"
Great stay. Very close to train station. Arrived on the morning train from Vienna. Room wasn't available but we were warmly greeted, offered luggage storage and directions to the old town area. Thanks Marcus! Room was ready a short time later. Very good breakfast in nice eating area. The young ladies who ran the breakfast were especially nice. My son's favorite breakfast during our 6 week vacation!
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
"A nice place for a short stay"
Stayed one night. Found it to be an easy walk from the train station, even with duffels on wheels. I had spoken to someone by phone and received excellent directions for walking to the train station, which took about 5 minutes. Check in was easy. Thankfully, I checked the door to see that it locked when we left for dinner because it had not. When i went to use the phone to call the front desk about this, I discovered that the phone didn't work, and the gentleman at the desk was unsure why. He did note, however, that the lock on the door had to be reset, as it does about once a year, but he took care of that promptly. He also provided two fans, as we found the room to be quite warm. There was a good bit of noise outside that night so keeping the windows open wasn't possible if we wanted some sleep. Due to the slanted ceiling, we really had to be careful not to hit our head. The bathroom was very nicely updated. The elevator is very small and fits more like 4 people, not the 8 its approved for. There never seemed to be a problem waiting for it though. Overall, the staff were very helpful with the necessities, including the advice to eat at Tomato, an Italian restaurant down a couple blocks, we slept well, and it was an easy trip to and from the train station. We would stay again
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Cynthia
In our second stay, the room lacked a luggage rack, and there was a light that didn't function. Otherwise quite good. Excellent breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Nice Hotel, Conveniently Located"
I enjoyed my stay here. The location is great. Everything in the downtown area was in easy walking distance, including the train station. The staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Carl
The internet provided was useless for guests. Others complained about not being able to get wifi in their rooms including myself. Front desk people acknowledged the continual problem and offered the use of one computer in the lobby. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the train station but confusing to find as an old sign remains of the hotel's former location a block away. Stayed one day on initial trip to Zurich, and decided to stay again a week later. Although booked in advance, the mid-week rates jumped over $100 a night.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Nice hotel, great service"
Nice small hotel very well located near the train station and within walking distance of the Old Town. Hotel staff was as friendly and helpful as it gets and the breakfast (included with the room) was the best we had in any of the five Swiss hotels we stayed on our trip. Only draw back was parking was not included and expensive.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2014
Sancho & Mazey
"Nice breakfast, comfortable beds...but"
Let me start by saying I have never been to Zurich before and we only stayed one night. I had heard Zurich was expensive, but wow. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed in during a one-month European vacation, but it was not the nicest. It had a motel/budget vibe and it was over $300 USD. Maybe this is just Zurich...I really don't know.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
This hotel is really wonderful. Reception was very helpful. The breakfast was great. Just 2 mins away from the main train station. Only issues r the rooms r very warm and there is an adult shop two doors down (we figured a different way to the city center)
2 night trip Apr 16, 2014
Mona
Our stay was ruined by other guests
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
The Montana Hotel is the best 3 star hotel I ever visited. Middle in the city, next to Railway Station an the Bahnhofstrasse, the welcoming was excellent, 10 points to the black hair male receptionist who welcomed me on the 16.01. evening - very professional !!!! The rooms are excellent, very clean, enough space, very good taste decoration, the employees are very friendly, the breakfast simple but you can not expect more for this class, but the breakfast room very beautiful. If you visit Zürich, is this the best Hotel to be ! The only negative point, the manager (I guess) opened an acrid discussion with the receptionists in front of the guests, which is a no go. The problems has to be discussed and solved behind closed doors !
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
"Close to train station"
It was unseasonably hot, and the hotel has no air conditioning. The water pressure is low and unreliable for temperature consistency. The rooms were clean and breakfast was very nice. There was very easy access to the main train station and tour facilities.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
Room was very hot but hotel provided a fan which made a difference during the 4 days we stayed there. Location is near train station so access to other parts of Switzerland was good. Breakfast is very good.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
No wifi (problems with routers and access points), the rooms on the third floor were really hot and without any air conditioning so I had to keep windows open all night long.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Close to the station but dull area. Cleaning staff woke us at 8am on Sunday morning talking loudly from their duty room, this kept up most of the morning. They must think the rooms are soundproof. There is a good restaurant at the top of the street just at the tram stop which had really tasty food.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Good hotel with friendly staff and adequate facilities. Located near the central station with the city center on the other side. A minus is the proximity of a sex shop.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
The hotel is very nice but hard to find at night if you are unfamiliar with the area. There are several ways to exit the station and there is no Info booth in the station. Other than that, it is a great hotel and a great value for the money. I will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jan 8, 2013

Great location, close to station and the old town centre of Zurich. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast good. Room a little small but that is European hotels.
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Edward
"Perfect Location"
We really liked this hotel. It is in a fabulous spot if you arrive or depart by train. Literally metres away, a short walk no problem with luggage. The staff are awesome. The breakfast was excellent. It doesn't have air con, it's an older style hotel, we knew that when we booked it, so the nights were a bit hot and with the window essentially open, you can hear passers-by and a nearby pub crowd, but it was pretty quiet through most of the night. It's location is perfect, thoroughly recommend this place to stay.
3 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Kerie
NZ
"Fine for one night"
The WiFi was not very stable, otherwise nothing to complain about. Close to railway station, good breakfast, fine for one night, but probably I would not choose it for a romantic weekend.
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Travelled solo"
Hotel in a great location .Just around the corner from station ,& city.Restaurants very close.Verysafe
2 night trip May 24, 2015
MRS S
"Travelled as a solo person"
Stayed here before and after a tour .Hotel is very close to train station , walking distance to all places.A great breakfast , & helpfull staff Nice room , but safe didn't work ,& ice machine broke down , but was not an I convince. Would definatly recommend this hotel to people staying in Zurich
1 night trip Jun 3, 2015
MRS S
"Good Location and Good Breakfast"
Good breakfast spread and good location.It's just beside the main train station
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Great hotel, recommended to all."
Beautiful hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful and our room was lovely and spacious. The complimentary buffet breakfast was also great, lots of options to choose from and the food was all delicious. It's also very close to the train station which makes it easier to get around. I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone else!
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
S M
Very good location for tourist trips, close to main train station. Clean, good service, silent neighbourhood.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Derek
"Excellent hotel and location"
Hotel Montana was a really lovely hotel. It was perfectly situated for us, just a few minutes walk from the train station, but in a quiet street. The hotel was really well presented and the room was very nice - clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and was included (although it didn't say that when we booked it).
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Wonderful experience"
Pleasant. Would stay here again
1 night trip Feb 17, 2015
Koh
"Good place to stay"
Enjoyed stay at hotel. Convenient very near to main train station, Migros (biggest supermarket). Walking distance to main attraction n food. Excellent breakfast spread. Bed very comfortable
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
agnes
SG
"Very friendly staff. Great location & great b'fast"
It was a very good stay. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great (the fried eggs were over cooked and put on top of each other). Only a short walk to the main station.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Malinga
"Expect nothing and do not travel here for business"
- Internet was often unusable and I gave up trying to get my devices to connect - The Safe and the Fridge in the room did not work - No laundry and no dry cleaning. They said they could send it out but had no price list. They couldn't suggest any laundry/laundromat anywhere in the neighborhood. - Small rooms with paper-thin walls - Noisy on the street but with the window closed and the heat turned all the way down it was still really hot at night. Perpetually tired as a result...
13 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Nice hotel near train station and old city."
Staff were great and a surprise free breakfast in the morning. Excellent service and close proximity to almost everything in downtown Zurich. We were very satisfied with this hotel experience!
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"Perfect location for our overnight stay"
Small, clean comfortable rooms. The only comment I have is that there was a lot of street noise. We had the window open (traveling in Oct) and there was quite a number of noisy outbursts from a neighboring bar or restaurant. We were fine with it, but keep the windows closed if you can....travel with earplugs :)
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Janna
"Close to Central Rail Station"
We flew in late and wanted some thing close to Central Rail Station. This turned out a great place to stay. Friendly staff nice breakfast. Have booked to stay here when we finish our tavels around Switzerland.
3 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Lynskey Rider
"Excellent location, great city"
Stayed for three nights. Arrived early (didn't reset watch from last port) and room was not free ...... not to worry, Marcus on the front desk very helpful, gave us a map with suggestions and off we went for an explore. Good room on second floor but unfortunately no air conditioning and room was hot. Had to open the windows but the street noise was a bit much. Turned out we could have requested a fan and a refit is planned for next year. Breakfast very good continental style and staff very friendly. City is a breeze to get around and would go back to this hotel.
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Rama1
"Fantastic service in a great located hotel"
This was the best service I have received in a Hotel ever!!! Even though the staff did not know the answer to my query, they quickly found out and provided me with a suitable response. The Hotel is clean, 2min walk from the main train station. I would definitely recommend this Hotel!
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
ZA
"Good value for money"
The hotel Reception is not new but the rooms are renovated with new bathrooms. Everything was spotlessly clean, excellent breakfast, great location 5 mins walk to railway station (Bahnhof), and good value for money. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Internet was free and there was a desk in the room. I would definitely recommend and will stay again next time I'm in Zurich.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Sandra
Everything was great including the exceptionally friendly and helpful staff - they acted as though they personally owned the hotel. No airconditioning in rooms meant it was quit warm.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Great location. Less than 5 minutes walk from Zurich HB and easy to locate. Basic 3 star hotel and hence rooms were quite small but neat and clean. Amenities included just a hair dryer in the bathroom, but probably thats what goes with a no frills 3-star hotel. For a first time visitor who wants to do a lot of things in the city and needs a hotel only for sleeping, this would be a good option but cant say the same who would visit here for leisure. Breakfast options OKish as we did not get much for the vegetarian option that we had pre-requested. Overall, not the best hotel that i have stayed in, but value - for - money.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Sam04
IN
"Perfect for a couple of days in Zurich"
We wanted a hotel near to the station as we were travelling from the airport with bags and would be travelling on from the station. The hotel was less than 5 minutes walk. Receptionist Christian was fantastic. Spoke excellent English, polite and friendly. We had a family room which suited our needs and was clean, although a bit warm, but soon rectified with the opening of windows. The location is quiet. The breakfast was good and again the restaurant staff were more than helpful and polite. I would recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to stay a couple of nights to see the city. It is within easy walk of the Swiss National Museum and the sights as well as the Lake.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
June
"Near to Zürich HB (Main Station)"
I booked this for my son who arrived on a flight too late to travel on to ski resort. He and his girlfriend were very happy with their short stay.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
JPF
"Centrally located"
The location is ideal for a rest when travelling between the cities. We visited Zermatt and Lugano so it was a good place to stop during the journey. There was even time for a visit to the Rheinfalls.
1 night trip May 3, 2013
Fong J M
SG
"Convenient location, friendly and helpful staff"
Good location, 3 minutes walk from main station; very nicely furnished rooms; good Internet connection; very good service; friendly staff found me a quiet room to hold a meeting; copious breakfast; good evening meal in the restaurant;
1 night trip Feb 21, 2013
MTL
"Middle of the Road"
it was ok, nothing more and nothing less. The room itself was devoid of any character, the shower doors and cosmetic rack kept falling off but it did amuse me to see weighing scales in the toilet. staff were helpful though and lent me all the stuff I'd forgotten.
Other trip Nov 5, 2012
We were staying only one night and perhaps that's why they gave us a room in a lousy location. It was on the first floor and the noise from the street was really bad. We could not close the window because it was a warm night (no air-conditioning) and the noise from the street made it a bad night as far as sleep was concerned. Location was very good but I wouldn't stay there again if I had the choice.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2012