All hotels in Zurich, Switzerland
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereWeinplatz 2, Zurich, ZH, 8022, Switzerland, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Great Old Charm Hotel"
Great Location. Wonderful staff. Excellent breakfast. Charming Hotel. Highly recommended.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Great Hotel - Location, Location, Location!"
Storchen Zurich was a great hotel - 5 star hotel with a very friendly staff. The hotel location may have been hard to find, but once you are there, you can walk to the best shopping in Europe. The restaurants in the area were great and everyone was very friendly!
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
Cheryl
Hotel was clean, staff helpful and friendly. Great location in Old Town, easy walking distance to shopping, sight seeing, and restaurants. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Fantastic. The staff is wonderful
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"The hotel need renovation"
The staff of hotel some is very nice and some very cold and tired to work they look tired about turist The hotel is great location and is not 5 stars y like 3 very old rooms the only good things is shapoo and a lote of towels and breakfast very good but by far is not the best hotel the people speak about this hotel is very good is people that they dint travel they dont know wich is nice 5 star hotel so if you espect a 5 star hotel find an other one this hotel is really 3 stars hotel and old rooms
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
alfred
"Fabulous hotel: special old town location"
Old world charm and a great location. Friendly staff and a fine restaurant.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Stieglitz

"Great location, charming hotel"
Great location, ask for a riverside room for the best views. Splendid breakfast and the only hotel I've ever stayed in with an electric blanket on the bed! Slight glitch with the hot water on my last morning, but it was dealt with promptly and efficiently.
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
john huw
"Great location in central Zurich"
Great location, ask for a riveside room for the view, and the only hotel that I've stayed at with a heated underblanket on the bed! One slight issue, and something that was clearly unusual giben Swiss efficiency, was a problem with hot water on the morning I checked out. It wan't icy cold (fortunately) but it was certainly chilly
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Perfect stay"
In short perfect in any way ten out of ten
3 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"nice stay"
good
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
"excellent as always"
i am always very impressed with the quality of the hotel and service.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
"superb"
The duvet was not very user-friendly for me
4 night trip Oct 22, 2013
Tony
Small luxury boutique hotel in the old town in Zurich. Within walking distance of all major tourist sites. The room was smallish but beautifully decorated with all the amenities that you expect in a luxury hotel. Windows opened to allow fresh air. Room overlooked the river with fantastic views. Free bottles of water available. Highly recommended and would stay there again. Staff friendly and efficient
2 night family trip Sep 7, 2013

"Nice hotel!"
The staffs are nice! The accomodation is easy to find only walk 10 mins to the Zurich HB!
1 night trip Feb 17, 2015
Ho Ling kenris
HK
"Das Hotel ist sehr schön, stilvoll, gediegen."
Das Hotel ist für Menschen passend, die gerne Stilmöbel mögen. Es ist wie aus einer vergangenen Zeit. Sehr netter Empfang. Die Mitarbeiter sind freundlich. Es ist alles ein bisschen erhaben. Wir haben unssehr wohl gefühlt. Wenn wir wieder mal nach Zürich kommen, würden wir uns das Hotel gerne wieder buchen. Es spielte eine wunderbare Pianistin, Frau Csilla Strobel- Varga in der Bar.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Jovanda
DE
"Traditionsreiches Hotel in der Innenstadt"
Während unseres Aufenthaltes haben wir gerne auf dem Weinplatz vor dem Hotel oder unter den Arkaden direkt an der Limmat gesessen und das bunte Leben um uns herum beobachtet. Entspannung pur!
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Maria
"Erinomainen palvelu vastaanotossa"
Kaunis sijaintai, mutta kävellen hieman haastava tavoitettava. Mukulakivikatuja ylös ja alas, mutta jos aikaa nauttia matkasta niin on todella sen arvoinen.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Tiiti
FI
"とても素敵なホテルでした。"
フロント、コンシェルジュの皆様もとても感じが良かったです。部屋についていたバルコニーから見る街の眺めは写真を見ているようで、とても素敵でした。また朝食も川沿いのテラスで気持ち良く美味しく頂きました。価格が高いはスイスの物価を考えれば仕方ないのかも。。
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
kura
JP
"I stsyed in Storkhen Hotel in 2012, excellent."
Very central, quality service, smiling personell, excellent breakfast and dinner, romantic and high class guests.I recommend and will stay in this hotel whenever in Zurich.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Nesligul
FR
"Tolle Lage"
Obwohl das Hotel nur wenig belegt war, wurde uns ein Raucherzimmer mit Verbindungstür gegeben, das wir ausdrücklich nicht gebucht hatten. Nichtraucherzimmer ohne Verbindungstür sowie Zimmer im besseren Zustand waren zur Genüge frei. Deshalb hatten wir das Gefühl, man wollte uns das schlechteste Zimmer geben, weil wir über hotel.com gebucht hatten.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Sehr zentral"
Sehr freundliche Hotelangestellte. Frühstücksbüffet leider nur bis 10.00Uhr. Dann wird sofort abgeräumt. Gute Lage.
2 night trip Nov 9, 2012
CH
"experiencia inolvidable"
cuando llegamos al hotel,fue impactante .El lugar bellisimo a orillas del rio y rodeado de tiendas finas y lugares para comer y visitar muy buenos.la atencion excelente,la habitacion espaciosa y las camas aun mas comodas .definitivamente volveria con toda seguridad
4 night family trip Jul 2, 2012
1 night trip with friends May 4, 2013
Patrizia
AT

TripAdvisor reviews for Storchen Zurich

"Superb, charming, world class"
05/02/15 Reed S Fort Myers, Florida
What a gem of a small hotel, located right in the middle of Zurich. The staff was attentive, friendly and thoroughly professional in every aspect of our stay. We appreciated their help in navigating the city and arranging for our transfer back to the airport.
"Just a really fine hotel!!!!"
05/01/15 Joseph M Winston Salem, United States
This hotel is top notch all the way around. Maybe the finest hotel we have stayed at in our 53 years of travel.The people working at this hotel have your interest at heart and truly care for there service to you.
"swiss hotellerie at its best"
04/30/15 thomas w
stayed at the STORCHEN again for two nights and encountered swiss quality at its best. it's expensive, yes, but that goes for the whole city. in the STORCHEN you'll find the sort of unpretentious, lowkey, excellence which once was the hallmark of good swiss hotels. nothing flashy here, but the concierge adresses you with your name after half a day, and you you hardly meet anyone of the staff who hasn't a friendly smile for you. the superior queen size rooms are conservatively decorated but spacious and airy, WIFI works without a hitch and even without forking out extra for a view on the river, you still have a nice view onto the square. generous breakfast buffet and a cozy hotelbar, altogether a very pleasant experience.
"The pride of Zurich"
04/28/15 Egor K Lausanne, Switzerland
I stayed in Storchen for two nights during my visit to Zurich. I would like to thank every member of a big Storchen family for each effort they make to give a guest a feeling like at the nearest friend`s place. I really appreciated incredible attention to details from fruit plate to a wide range of bath amenities. Room was quite traditional because the building is more than historical, but still very sophisticated TV was installed, wi-fi was fast and easy and bathroom looked fresh renovated. But of course the main achievement is people around who look absolutely delighted and friendly to see you there and are ready to help with every tiny request, even possibly to talk to you about your personal problems with the spouse or something similar. I have visited many hotels recently but this sincere personal attitude has been a very rare thing. Storchen is a wonderful place to stay in while at Zurich (not to mention crazy location with magnificent views) and the city should be really proud to have such a hotel. Absolutely recommended!
"Location location location"
04/21/15 Neil S London, United Kingdom
Stunning location on the edge of the far end of the lake in Zurich. You are literally on the waters edge . The hotel also backs onto the edge of the old Town, so it is brilliantly located. All of the staff were very friendly, courteous and professional. The room though was fairly basic and despite it being a 'deluxe' category overlooking the water it was the smallest bathroom I have ever come across. When you visited the loo, you had one foot in the shower! Also be aware that opposite is the cathedral with regular bells!
"Superb location, great service!"
04/10/15 Angela B
My husband and I stayed here one night...rooms were very nicely done and the service was excellent. They found out we were on our honeymoon and provided us with champagne in the room in the evening. It was a very memorable stay. The breakfast was also very good. I'd highly recommend this hotel. It's right by the river in a very central location.
"Weekend getaway"
04/08/15 Murray S Goldiwil, Switzerland
The hotel is centrally situated in the historic old town of Zurich with great views of the river and Grossmunster church. Breakfast at the Storchen is always a real treat, too. The room we had was beautiful placed to view the surroundings. And as always the service in the hotel is first class.
"Worst Hotel Experience"
04/06/15 joanna07 San Francisco, California
I just got an email from Storchen inviting me to write at tripadvisor my experience staying at Storchen for the benefits of future guests. I agree. So here it is. I came to Storchen on late Friday night around 11 pm. I have told them about my late arrival via email and they have replied to acknowledge it. When I came, I already sensed that the staffs at the front desk seemed very stiff and cold, but did not suspect something really terrible would happen soon. Based on tripadvisor advise, I chose Classic Queen River View room. I asked, in a jovial way, whether my assigned room indeed had a good direct river view. To my surprise, really surprise, Dragan, the night duty staff was extremelly rude in answering my simple question and talked in a very condescending manner. He said in a loud voice : "YOU GOT A RIVER VIEW ROOM, OK?". I had never, ever, been treated by any hotels, especially 5-star hotel this bad before. I used my instinct and right away video-recording the event using my iphone. I protested about this treatment. I reminded him that I paid for this room around US$ 500 per-night and could not tolerate a bit this kind of treatment. During the 'discussion', he started mentioning that he would retire in 3-day time. I was not sure why he mentioned that, but I suspected that he might not like to retire and the decision to retire did not come from him. Even if that was the case, it was still not right to blast his frustration on me. I did not have any say in forcing him to retire. He should instead conveyed his frustration to Jorg Arnold the GM. When I started videoing the event, the porter, Hamza, somehow got involved and said I could not do the video. Of course, I just ignored him. Hotel lobby was a public place and with the few exception such as if there were images of kids and (possibly, but only in certain circumstances) other adult guests involved, there was no restriction on taking videos or pictures in hotel lobby. I also have never been 'reminded' by a porter before. So that night was really a 'memorable' night for me. Probably because Dragan sensed that he did something really terribly wrong, he started to be nice to me and asked if he could bring my luggages to my room. But then, something really weird happened. He started mentioning his height and his weight (he was a big person). Of course, my initial reaction was, "why, do you want to hit me?". His answer was, "no". He said, he wanted to emphasize that he was a big person and thus the way he answered might frightened me, but he meant no harm. Really weird, but I had everything on video, otherwise I myself would not believe it. As a lawyer, I was trained to handle 'incredible' event such as this in a calm manner. However, this really ruined my mood, not only during my stay at Storchen but also days after I checked-out. I was really angry that somebody could disrespect me in such a way. I still could not believe it that this could happen in a hotel that boasted it had 650 years of warm hospitality. I came to Zurich frequently and usually stayed at Schweizerhof Hotel and always had wonderful time there. I really regretted choosing Storchen for my stay this time.
"One of our favorite hotels"
04/05/15 Dmitry B Moscow, Russia
Zum Storchen is one of our favorite hotels we've stayed in for many years. Excellent and memorable hotel is located in the center of old Zurich, right on the river. The few minutes walking distance from Banhofstrasse, the main shopping and business street. The service is top notch and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are not so big but cozy and comfortable, the amenities and bedding are of high quality. Traditional Swiss hospitality even in details – from room decoration to flowers and fresh fruits every day. Exclusive hotel with an old charm where you feel at home.
"Quick night before catching flight to Amsterdam"
04/01/15 andreahglenn Charleston, South Carolina
Great hotel if you're traveling with pets. We had a night to spend in Zurich between Austria and heading back to the states. I googled "pet friendly" and this came up. The Storchen is extremely accommodating to dogs. There was a water bowl and toy waiting for Dewey and a door tag to alert the house keeper that a "Hund lived here"! The concierge suggested a great nearby restaurant Bindella that was also pet friendly. We had cocktails first at a lounge on the way called "Luv". Location is great - right in the middle of the historic cobblestone streets with boutiques, bars and restaurants. Great balcony over looking the River and a lovely waterside café. Have stayed at other hotels in previous years for this same lay over and this was by far the best choice and best location yet. Will return next year - just reserving a bit larger room.