All hotels in Zuheros, Spain

Great amenities
    Breakfast is average
    Room is all right

"Zuheros - summer 2015"
Great hotel in a beautiful location. Exactly what was needed to base our stay and the food was exceptional in the hotel restaurant.
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015

"Etape tres agreable"
Petit hotel tres agreable dans un environnement depaysant. Calme service et gentillesse. Le restaurant de l hotel propose un tres bonne cuisine locale.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Monique
"Visite andalousie"
Très bel endroit mais d'un accès difficile. Le personnel est très agréable et prévenant. Nous avons pris les repas du soir. Très agréable et de bonne qualité. Ils proposent des vins sympa et pas chers.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Philippe
"flot bjergby"
Spændende ophold i meget interessant lille by. Hotellet var fint
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Jens
"Accueillant"
excellents services et valeur du restaurant. je n'aime pas beaucoup la politique d'expedia . Allecher le client et revenir sur ses offres
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Bodee
"Dépaysement assuré"
Hôtel typique qui se fond bien dans ce village blanc. Magique.Personnel attentif, souriant, nous en garderons un très très bon souvenir.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
FR
Bon rapport qualité/prix, gentillesse et professionnalisme du personnel, belle vue sur la vallée
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
FR
El hotel muy bien. Fuimos para una boda que se celebraba por las cercanías y la única pega fue que costaba dormir con tanto ir y venir de gente y ruido (portazos en los pasillos, voces, etc.). El resto estupendo. Nos atendieron fantástico, pudimos hacer un late check-out pagando un pequeño suplemento que se agradeció tras acostarse tarde después de la boda. El desayuno continental bastante bueno, sin pasarse pero bien. Y el restaurante genial, con una relación calidad-precio increíble y una atención muy cuidada. Personalmente repetiría la experiencia, aunque intentaría que me pusiesen en una habitación retirada o ir en temporada baja por lo comentado antes del ruido.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
ES
"Moii gelegen hotel in mooi wit dorpje"
Prima, goed ontbijt. Receptie sprak goed Engels.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
NL
seul bémol : quelques bruits de tuyauterie mais à part ça, super hôtel petit déjeuner en buffet très copieux restaurant très agréable
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
"Fantasktisk hotel"
Vores rundrejses absolut bedste hoteloplevelse. Perfekt beliggenhed i den lille bjergby. Fantastisk udsigt over bjergene, det venligste personale man kan tænke sig. Pragtfuld aftensmad. Kan medgive hotellet de varmeste anbefalinger.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2013
AT
6 night trip May 26, 2013
2 night romance trip Apr 5, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Zuhayra

"Great Hotel, highly recommended"
10/20/15 DCFabian Washington, DC
This is truly a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are very large, comfortable, clean, and everything works. It is one of the few medium priced hotels in Spain that provide breakfast - and a very good one. The restaurant is excellent. I ate all my meals there (something I rarely do) because it was so good. The staff are very helpful, the people at reception all speak very good English. I was also provided with a box lunch for a day of hiking and some breakfast the morning I left very early, before the time breakfast is normally available. I went for one half day hike. One of the brothers who manage the hotel was very helpful in recommending a hike (they have a book with a selection of hikes). I enjoyed the one he suggested. But I have a warning for anyone going on a hike and using the English instructions (I can't judge those in Spanish). They can be very difficult to follow. They are very detailed, which is good. Sometimes they are very clear. But other times they are very ambiguous or don't correspond to what you see. They make references to specific plant life (as landmarks) with which a visitor may not be acquainted. They are sometimes bizarrely phrased, so it's not clear exactly what they are telling you. The distance they claim between certain landmarks seems incorrect - although I could be wrong since I didn't measure anything and my sense of distance could be off as well. I did not see anyone else my entire hike (until the very end) so I was really on my own. There were a number of times I had to go back and check that I had followed the directions. I was constantly double checking the directions. There are many trails so it's easy to get lost. Near the end of the hike, I was convinced I was lost and was trying to decide whether I should turn back and entirely retrace my steps - if I could - which would probably have gotten me back to Zuheros after dark - or keep going and see what happened. I chose the latter and very luckily was on the right track. I am an experienced hiker. But having to worry all the time whether I was on the right trail greatly detracted from the hike, which otherwise was quite lovely. I don't know whether the problem with the directions was the English translation or whether they were just not well written - I suspect some of both. So, if you do go out on one of these hikes, I strongly suggest you do not go by yourself and let the staff know which hike you're taking. I had a compass with me which helped a lot also. A good torch would be useful - just in case. This hike was supposed to be 3 1/2 hours, but took me about 5 1/2. Unfortunately, neither of the brothers was at the desk when I returned, so I was not able to give them direct feedback about the directions. I was, however, told that morning that some of the hikes followed trails that were even more difficult to follow than the one I chose.. I am not faulting the hotel for any of this, but just wanted to give potential hikers a heads up.
"Lovely hotel, reasonably priced"
10/15/15 Jo H Manchester, United Kingdom
A great hotel in a beautiful village, the staff were helpful, is was reasonably priced, the rooms were comfortable. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was very good, there is a nice bar downstairs too which does food for lunch.
"Superb, friendy, efficient, helpful."
10/08/15 John A Brighton, United Kingdom
Zuheros is like nowhere you are likely to have been before. A small village location clinging to the side of a limestone gorge in the Sierra Subbetica. In the village there is this wonderful two star hotel, a front room supermarket, a bakers, a butchers, a post-office open for half an hour a day, three of four bars and that is it! There is not a trace of tourist-tat, not even a newspaper or any postcards of any kind. Nothing to distract you from the serenity and magnificent unspoilt walking. Some walks are slightly challenging and you can go nowhere without going up or down steep inclines at some point. Against this background you could not wish for a better base than this hotel with its excellent friendly service, first rate restaurant, postatge stamp pooland clean well maintained rooms. Book with confidence....just remember to bring some good books because if it rains (unlikely I know, but it did when we were there!) there is nothing else to do. Heaven!
"A gem of a hotel"
09/24/15 TravelingBilli
The town of Zuheros is gorgeous, every turn postcard worthy. As we cycled into town we were hopeful about our hotel. What a wonderful place. Slightly down the hill from the old castle set on cobblestone streets the front desk was so kind. The gentleman even helped me wheel one of our bikes to the locked storage room. He recommended places to see with operating times. We couldn't figure out the hot water later in the day so he came to our room to show us. We were on the second floor, we walked out onto the pool level. This is located in a very small, very old town so space is not so readily available (so don't expect to do laps in it), but it was a beautiful patio with a clean, small pool and was absolutely perfect for tired muscles. Later we had dinner at the restaurant. The outside courtyard had great ambiance, our waitress's had a great sense of humour. We had a selection of local cheeses, gazpacho, croquetas de rabo de torro and pâté with tomado marmalade. The last dish was so light and airy, it combined beautifully with the marmalade. When we finished dinner we told the front desk we were leaving early, it was about 30-45 minutes before he normally gets up for work but he happily accommodated even after we offered to pull the bikes out at night so as not to disturb him. All in all, a fantastic experience. Don't miss out on this town and this hotel!
"Make sure you book for dinner"
09/09/15 FrankW1949_12 Melbourne, Australia
This hotel has it all together, friendly helpful staff who enjoy what they do and doing it for you. The amenity is a surprise being very comfortable, great views and a fabulous outdoor eating area. But remember to book for dinner as this is a very popular restaurant with an exciting menu and wine list. We'd go out of our way to stay here again.
"Superb"
06/20/15 2ActiveKiwis60s Napier, New Zealand
This hotel is run by a delightful couple -- he on the front desk with good English, she running between tables and kitchen in their restaurant, keeping everyone smiling. The menu was impressive -- as evidenced by a full restaurant -- the stuffed calamari were outstanding. Good sized rooms, some with better outlook than others. Nearby parking in early April was 150m away, and could be in short supply at times. Zuheros is a small, magical, white village and a great base for walkers and cyclists. Not many other places open -- a terrace bar and a baker -- all very quiet with most houses closed. One suspects that many house owners only reappear at Easter or Christmas when they can combine a break of several days together. All-in-all, a delightful hotel and a memorable village.
"Great Hotel and great restaurant"
06/07/15 Sue F Lincoln, United Kingdom
This hotel is in a beautiful village just a short walk to the Square with a good cafe, church, castle and panoramic views. The staff were frindly and helpful. The room was comfortable but we had to have single beds.The restaurant was excellent with an outdoor terrace area where most guests ate each evening. Delicious food, especially the salmon.
"Charming Small Hotel"
04/25/15 BBH12856 Meredith, New Hampshire
We stayed three nights in Hotel Zuhayra in the lovely village of Zuharos, Spain. The staff was wonderful, very helpful, polite and kind. The hotel has a rustic charm and a great restaurant. Every dinner we had was delicious. It was the only hotel we stayed in that had breakfast included free. Breakfast was hearty and good. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.
"comfy rooms, superb food, lovely atmosphere, helpful friendly staff"
03/04/15 Angie L Dorking, United Kingdom
We stayed here because their sister hotel was full over this weekend. I am so pleased we did because despite this village being tucked away, both the village and hotel give such a different experience. The scenery and rock formations are stunning. I agree with a previous reviewer - ask for a second floor room at the front - the view is wonderful. Do not eat dinner anywhere else - it is terrific and excellent value for money. Their local cheeses have so much flavour as one example. From here you can access the main routes very easily. A super hideaway. Excellent walking on the green path and more to do than you would imagine here. Juan Carlos and his team provide excellent service.
"Great location and nice staff"
12/14/14 Arne S London, United Kingdom
I suggest you ask for a room at the 2nd floor as rooms at this level has great views. I spent two nights at the hotel and the first night I was the only guest. On the second night I could easily hear the other guests arriving and if the hotel is fairly full I suspect it can be fairly noisy. However, with a great location, very friendly staff and competitive room prices I am happy to recommend this hotel. Parking is on the street outside but I never had a long walk between my car and the hotel. In the peak season I suspect this can be a problem.