All hotels in Venice, Italy
Calle Del Vin 4656 San Zaccaria - Castel, Venice, VE, 30122, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Worst hotel I've ever stayed"
Replace was in bad condition, and the staff was the rudest I am ever encountered in a hotel. Do not stay there. The breakfast consists of cuppa coffee I'll be some Melba toast and orange juice
5 night trip Sep 9, 2015
"Give me Air Conditioning PLEASE!!!"
Staff were fantastic and the location was superb Actual cups of coffee available on the morning Staff provided excellent restaurant recommendations Let us leave our luggage for a few hours after check out
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
ロケーションが良く、スタッフは親切だった。 朝食はいまいち。ファンがあまり効かず、寝苦しかった。
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Nice, affordable, easy to find."
Great neighborhood, right on the canal, and very easy to find. We took the hotel's restaurant recommendation and are still dreaming about the lasagna we ate. Yum! Yes, there's a shared bathroom, but I didn't encounter a situation where I had to wait for anyone. One thing to be aware of is that there is only wifi in the lobby and comfy lounge areas on each floor. We were out and about almost all day, so this wasn't an issue and it was nice to sit in the common area, feel the breeze coming in from the canal, and use the wifi.
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
"Great location!"
Excellent location. Staff was very friendly and helpful, especially for informing me about the floods. I had asked, though, that my room not be cleaned and it was anyway. I don't like people in my room when I stay places, so it was a little annoying that it was disregarded or forgotten.
2 night trip Nov 6, 2014
Torrie
"Nice location, no other expectation"
The location is really great. But the room is just ok... It is expected to have mosquito since the room has no air conditioner, while Venice has rivers which would breed mosquito. It would be better if something could stop the mosquito entering the rooms. The building is old. The breakfast is simple. But, I did not expect much, since you cannot get a better one in Venice if you have budget limitation. Just look at the location, you would feel happy.
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2014
LI
"Great location, basic room"
The location of this hotel is excellent. You are extremely close to the main square and major attractions. The room is basic but clean and the breakfast is decent. Wifi only available in common areas. The operators of the hotel are very friendly and let us store our luggage the day of checkout until we needed them later in the day when we departed from Venice.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
While I was booking the room, i have not understood that it is a flat. On the declaration it is seem as a triple room which is on annex building. It is a flat which has a living room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, bathroom. This detail must be written on the website. It is very close to the Doni hotel. Hotel owner helped to carry my luggage to the flat.Although check in time is after 2 pm, flat could be ready around 3 pm. as a summary location is perfect only one min to s. marco and this place is very lively during the night.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
The location of the hotel is fantastic. A two minute walk from the water bus without having to cross a bridge (bridges have steps, not good for suitcases), and five minutes or less to St. Marco Square. People at the front desk were very nice and accommodating, on our last day when we were leaving before breakfast time, they made sure we had breakfast before we left. We were also provided with maps of the city and suggestions for restaurants. Ou room was quite, clean and light with a very large bathroom. I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 2, 2014
"Budget hotel near San Marco"
Location is just perfect - 3 minutes from San Marco square. The hotel is situated in a little quite street on the canal. The furniture is quite old, but that makes the hotel kind of Venetian style :) Pleasant staff, photos in breakfast room make you feel in a real family hotel. Breakfast is quite simple (no yogurt, cheese, eggs), but the hotel itself is perfect fot its value.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Olga
Great location, a bit disappointed with breakfast however already knew from other's review before. In general good accomodation for value of money.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
You get what you pay for and Venice is expensive! In comparison, Doni hotel was good for the price. The bath towels were a little too far on the small side, but that's obviously not a huge deal. When we walked in, we overheard the man behind the counter speaking with others about renovating the place. It does need some touching up, but was fine for us. It is a little difficult to find, as people have already mentioned. After you go past the basilica, cross two bridges and turn immediately right after the second bridge (along the water). You'll see the Doni sign. Would stay again.
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2014
Hotel Doni is in superb location with gracious and friendly owner/staff, cosy adequate breakfast, fascinating canal-side views and tho basic, for its rating Hotel Doni is comfortable with spotless shared facilities. Not for those wanting luxury but perfect for those preferring character, charm and convenience. We loved it!
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
Wife and I traveled to Ital for a second honeymoon. hotel Doni was a great value right in the heart of Venice. Be Prepared tho. Not all of the rooms have a bath with teem! you may have to go to anohter floor for bath and shower faciliteis
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
We read some negative reviews of this hotel before we booked but, having just returned, we can only say that those sad nit pickers should have bitten the bullet and booked at the Hotel Danieli, almost next door, where they might have found their perceived true habitat (albeit at well over ten times the price of the Doni). Perhaps a Holiday Inn or Travelodge- type place on the mainland might have better suited their aesthetic sensibilities. In short, we found the Doni characterful, amazing value for money and brilliantly located. It is laughingly convenient for San Marco and the Doge's Palace so you can do all that early in the morning before the crowds arrive. The shortest walk there even takes you past the back of the Bridge of Sighs. The hotel sits alongside a little canal, only 2 mins with your luggage from the San Zaccaria (Alilaguna Line) boat stop from Marco Polo. Nico and Bartolemo were friendly and helpful and even swapped our room for an apartment with a canal view (right across to San Georgio Maggiore!) when they realised we thought we had booked a waterview room and we hadn't. We can't comment on the breakfast but know that it is pretty much a non event in Italy anyway, - leaving room for all those meal courses later. If you want bacon and eggs, perhaps stay in England! If you want a Venetian experience the Doni is great. We have already recommend it to friends.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"the best little albergo in Venice"
LOCATION: Perfect. Five-minute walk to San Marco, but nestled into a quiet little canal. Two-minute walk from a vaporetto stop, so it's super easy to find - which, in Venice, is saying a *lot*. HOTEL: Friendly staff 24/7, clean rooms and facilities. Cozy, quiet, charactered - a real old-fashioned European traveler's hotel. WOULD STAY AGAIN!
3 night trip Dec 29, 2013
David Axel Kurtz
"Nice hotel.good location."
Very good rooms.Enjoyed staying there. great amenities.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"close to tourist sites"
Clean, but small, room. Bathroom was in good condition with a standard shower. Towels are changed every other day, but room is cleaned daily. Very basic accommodations close to the main tourist area of venice. Great little restaurants within a 5 minute walk. It was difficult to find initially since it is located behind another building. It is near a large vaporetto station that provides access to most other areas of venice as well as the station for the water shuttle from the airport. Near a quiet canal where you can here the gondoliers serenade the tourists during the day! Very friendly and helpful staff that were able to answer all my questions and provided a great map. Breakfast was also good, even though the coffee was burnt most days. It included juice, buns (with choice of butter, hazelnut-chocolat spread, jam, etc), cereal and milk, coffee, and tea. Wifi is only available in the common areas so that was a little difficult but once in the dining room or in the public area, the connection was great. Doors are locked at night with the night watchman buzzing you in- we did not have any problems. He actually helped us time our water bus ride to the train station on the other side of the islands. Overall, a great affordable hotel in venice. Just be prepared for a small, older hotel that is well maintained.
4 night trip Jun 25, 2013
american tourist
The location of this hotel is AMAZING! Very easy to find (which is a normally a challenge in Venice) and steps away from everything. The single room I had was small but very clean, comfy bed and warm duvet. The shared bathroom was also very clean and not nearly as inconvenient as I thought it would be. The staff are welcoming and helpful (even carrying my heavy bag up and down the two flights of stairs). Breakfast is nominal but ok and overall it feels like a family run place. Small towels and no hair dryer or soap (lent me a hair dryer when I asked though).
Other trip May 21, 2013
beds are hard and pillows too...had to ask for a pillow to be able to sleep.. staff nice enough, breakfast sufficient but fairly basic. I guess it was OK for the money....
Other trip May 18, 2013
Staying in central Venice is quite expensive, so to get this hotel close to Basilica San Marco at its price was suprising. We stayed there for a long weekend (late April) and found the hotel staff very warm and friendly. Its a basic hotel, with shared limited bathrooms/toilets but for the price it was well worth it. We never had problems using those facitlities. We had a wonderful time and would return to this hotel without a second thought.
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
breakfast very poor
Other trip Mar 23, 2013

"In the heart of Venice."
Great place to stay in Venice. The staff very friendly and accommodating. Wifi only on the common areas.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
Malcolm
Room clean, wifi only in main lobby and dining room. Excellent position close to main sights, boat trips/ferries, shops, bars and restaurants. Would definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Julia
"Good location, but not well maintained!"
The location of Albergo Doni is really nice; so close to San Marco's square, the bascilica, and the water. However, the hotel is very old and the walls are paper thin. I tend to be pretty forgiving of hotels, but we felt like people outside of our room could hear every move we made, because we could hear them perfectly! Sharing the bathroom wasn't a big problem, though it was one floor below where our room was. The shower was very gross, though. I'm pretty sure there was mold growing on the walls/ceiling. If I go to Venice again, I will likely spend a bit more money for a nicer place.
3 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
Hotel is perfectly located but the actual rooms and facilities are not great. Shared bathrooms are frustrating and there are only 2 for the whole 4 levels of building. Walls are paper thin and people are constantly getting up and slamming doors going to the bathroom all night. Wifi only in common areas which isn't stated online. Dont even bother with breakfast - not even any fruit. As far as the price and location it is worth it.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Amazing location and friendly hotel"
I stayed at the Albergo Dorni for two nights in May. The location was amazing - literally 2 minutes from one of the main vaporetto stops and 2/3 minute walk to San Marco square. It was a very safe area and always busy. It can be hard to find but if you keep an eye out for the Hotel Danieli, you need to go down the small alleyway to the right of the building and the hotel is 30 seconds away. The hotel staff at reception were really helpful and friendly. The room was basic but clean as far as I could tell - there was a sink in my room but no soap. There was however soap in the communal toilets. The wifi was good on my floor (2nd floor). I was a bit worried about the communal toilets but found that there was always one free and I didn't have to wait. The toilets were clean. The breakfast was basic but sufficient - tea and coffee, rolls with spreads (chocolate, honey and jam) and cereal (cornflakes and muesli). Some variety would've been good (e.g. A variety of rolls/croissants or cheese as a replacement for vegetarians who wouldnt eat the cold meat) but other than that, no complaints. Overall, I loved the location, the staff were friendly and would recommend it if you are on a budget and don't mind sharing a bathroom/toilet.
2 night trip May 17, 2015
Good but not great however fantastic location
4 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Pretty characterful, convenient."
Lovely staff, who lent us wellies to help negociate the (seasonal!) flooding, and brought breakfast to our room when it looked as though the dining room would be ankle-deep. Here you share toilet and bathroom facilities (which is clealry stated in the description)and in exchange for this (for us) minor inconvenience, you have a canal at your feet, St Mark's square 2 minutes away,and the same windows of glass circles as the doge's palace... Would return tomorrow.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
Sara
"Nice hotel easy to get to from the vaparetto"
The staff were very helpful, they assisted me with my luggage, storing my scooter, providing directions, making recommendations and giving tips on how to save money seeing the sights. The rooms are basic and I like how they retained the decor, rather than try to make it something it isn't. I had a single room as I was travelling alone, the bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and had ample storage space. It is priced was reasonable, internet was good, morning breakfast was sufficient for my needs.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Diamond
"Great location!"
It is an old building converted to a hotel. It is very close to Piazza San Marco and the San Zacharria vaporetto stop. There was not a toilet/shower on the second floor so it was awkward to use the facilities in the middle of the night. There were no screens on the windows so either there were a lot of mosquitos or there were bedbugs as I have a lot of bug bites now. They did not provide any toiletries. The breakfast consisted of bread rolls, cold ham, juice and coffee. The coffee was not hot when breakfast began at 8:00 a.m. There is no elevator so it was a chore to carry my too heavy luggage up two floors, but I was assisted when I checked out. Overall, I would recommend it if you only care about location and rate, because it can't be beat on those terms.
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
Cassandra
"Great location & lovely staff"
The hotel is in a perfect location only a few short minutes to St. Marc's square and very easy to find from the water bus stop again only a few minutes away. The staff are lovely and more than willing to help with any questions. Our room was quite small and very basic, no tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, safe or tv and the decor was a bit tired (you get what you pay for). That aside we would still definitely recommend this hotel, you don't spend much time in your room anyway and it was spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable and breakfast quite sufficient. Also you can leave your bags there if you have a late flight a real bonus as you don't want to be trailing them around with you all day. Don't go with high expectations and you won't be disappointed.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Emma H
"Good staff, good location"
Great happy friendly staff happy to help you! Hotel very clean, comfy beds! Would stay again
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
em & sean
"Lovely stay in Venice"
It was easy to find, close to San Zaccaria boat stop, friendly greeting from all staff and helpful tips and directions.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Hotel Doni - location,location,location!"
Really good location for the price. Go in with low expectations and you'll be pleasantly surprised. It is only a 2 minute walk from San Marco square. What more could you want at this price? The staff are very nice, breakfast is good.
Other trip May 13, 2014
G man
"You pay for the location...nothing else"
It was easy to find and in a great spot, although due to complications with reservations and little help from the staff made it a difficult pill to swallow. When we arrived our reservation was already booked by another couple and claims that one of the staff was waiting all evening for us to arrive even tho the reservation was not made till 2in the morning the evening after. Since we arrived past sundown we didnt have much choice but take option of a more expensive room than what we had booked. Relatively creepy place but well cleaned. Nobody said venice was cheap, but your money can be better spent.
3 night trip May 4, 2014
Terrance
"Great Location - canal with gondola outside window"
helpful customer service. great location. cute place right on a canal. felt right - for Venice feeling
3 night trip Mar 28, 2014
IL
"My mistake, should have looked harder!"
There is a racing expression "horses for courses" meaning, choose the right horse for the right race. I did not choose correctly when selecting the Doni because I normally prefer 3*/4* hotels. The Doni is exactly what it claims to be - a budget hotel. In fact, a more accurate description would be a commercial traveller's bed and breakfast. There are areas which they could improve, decoration, breakfast, etc. but for a cheap accommodation in a prime position it is perfect - just not for me!
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
PaulSP
"Couple with one child"
The only good thing about this hotel is the location. We stayed in the annex building and were not located in the hotel.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Couple w/child
"Great Hotel, close to San Marco Piazza"
Was a really nice hotel - we really enjoyed our stay. Room was comfortable enough - we felt like we got what we paid for. Our only concern was the bathroom (we had one of the en-suite rooms). It wasn't very clean, particularly the shower under waist level. We would still happily stay again or recommend to friends.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
bluedaisyz
"Great location!"
The location for this hotel was great. A few steps away from St Peter's square and right along a very popular route for the gondolas. The room was clean and compact as expected of a Venice hotel. The main inconvenience was the fact that there were no elevators and the staircase is really crammed so try to get a room on the first or second floor. If you get room #12, you'll get free wifi as it is parallel to the hallway (which is where the wifi is offered). Shared bathroom; the bath tub was clean and available most of the time. Besides that, service was good and breakfast was standard. All in all, a good experience, and you can't beat that price in Venice.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2013
"location location"
great value, basic, but unreal location, poor breakfast
2 night trip Jul 7, 2013
chrispy
"Nice B&B!"
It's a basic B&B. Although it's with shared bathroom everything is very clean and always available. Excellent location just behind St Mark's Square and close to a lovely canal, friendly and helpful staff. Simple breakfast knowing that breakfast is not the main italian meal. Internet only work in common areas. Also get prepared for a curfew if you're going during the high tide or if you're brave enough bring your wellingtons and extra water proof clothes.
Other trip Apr 3, 2013

"Una estancia muy agradable"
Albergo Doni es lo que queríamos, céntrico y familiar. Muy práctico por estar a pocos metros de la parada del vaporetto Zaccaria y a 3 minutos la Piazza San Marco. Muy agradable la atención.
3 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
María Henar
ES
"Avis +"
Très bon séjour à l'Albergo Doni
3 night romance trip Nov 5, 2015
Joris
FR
"Hier muß niemand seufzen"
3 nette Geschwister(sprechen englisch und italienisch) führen das in die Jahre gekommene Albergo herzlich und hilfsbereit. Der eigenwillige Duschkopf wurde mir gleich beim einchecken beschrieben und war tags darauf repariert. W-Lan sollte eigentlich nur in den Fluren funktionieren, tat es aber auch im Zimmer in guter Qualität. Die Lage parallel zur Seufzerbrücke, Nähe Markusplatz und Riva degli Schiavone darf gern als zentral bezeichnet werden, wobei der Anmarsch vom Bahnhof jedoch 30-45 Minuten in Anspruch nimmt. Das sei auch jedem, der nicht gehbehindert ist, angeraten, um erstens gleich einzutauchen in diese tolle Stadt und zweitens die 6,50 € für die Vaporetto-Fahrt zu sparen, für die man 4 der besten Cappuccinos der Welt (2 wenn man nicht an der Theke stehen will und sich an einen Tisch setzt) erstehen kann. Das Frühstück im Albergo ist zwar nicht besonders umfangreich (Mortadella, Brötchen, Butter, Marmeladen, Müsli, Cornflakes) aber in manchen Unterkünften mit mehr als nur einem Stern wird weit weniger geboten. Und vermüllt wird daher mit Sicherheit nichts davon. Flüssigseife gibt es nur in der allgemeinen Toilette, nicht aber in der Dusche (wenn man ein Zimmer ohne gebucht hat). Aber mit etwas Geschick läßt sich das Problem auch lösen. Geschick benötigt es auch, um nächtens das Zimmer zu verdunkeln, da wir Nicht-Italiener die Technik der Fenster-Läden(mit Textildach) ja nicht kennen. Besser wär natürlich in der Rezeption um Hilfe dabei zu ersuchen.
4 night trip Nov 3, 2015
Christian
DE
"I could arrive at night which is unusual in venice"
I could arrive at night which is unusual in venice very quiet central place
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
DE
"Hotel convenable à 2 pas de la place St Marc."
Hôtel juste en face des embarcadère pour visiter Venise. Mais aussi à 2 mn à pied du pont des soupirs, de la place St Marc et du campanile. Situation idéale. Mais... Petit déjeuner beaucoup trop Light (pain, beurre, eau chaude et confiture !) Chambre très petite et sans commodités, c'était prévu j'étais seul, mais c'était limite avec une seule douche et WC pour tout l'hôtel ! Wifi uniquement dans le lobby. Accueil SYMPATHIQUE
3 night trip Oct 2, 2015
laurent
FR
"sehr zentrale und doch ruhige Lage"
Alles bestens. Die Lage ist sehr gut. Bescheidenes, aber gutes Frühstück, sehr freundliches Service. Sehr sauber und gemütlich. Wir hatten ein Zimmer mit dem Bad, das vollkommen in Ordnung war. Internet gibt es nur draußen, am Gang, nicht im Zimmer, aber die Verbindung war gut, die "Internet-Ecken" sehr einladend.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
J&N
DE
Nice and warm staff. Great location. Reasonable Price. Beautiful city.
5 night trip Sep 26, 2015