All hotels in Vienna, Austria

Quite clean
  • Value
    Bad amenities
"Highly recommend"
Everything about our stay in this hotel was awesome. We were able to book it at the last minute. It was close to everything we wanted to see in Vienna. The breakfast was excellent and very complete. The hosts were friendly and helpful. We will definitely choose this hotel again if we are ever back in Vienna.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2015
Chelle
"The Right Choice"
I searched for hotels on the internet and I read reviews, but I kept returning to Hotel Domizil. I was really impressed with the reviews I read. After checking into the hotel, it was clear to me that I had made the right choice. When I waited in the lobby to be picked up for tours, I would always be offered something to drink. The hospitality was great. I had the best 5 days of feeling at home after long days of touring. The room was completely comfortable. Kudos to Hotel Domizil
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
Retta
"Great location but some disappointments"
Domizil is superbly located in old Vienna, a short walk to St. Stephans cathedral. Everything in the old city is a walk away from this area but if you want the subway, it's right nearby. The hotel staff is very friendly and responsive. The room, however was at best a 3-star. It was stuffy, overly warm, with no way to cool it off (air conditioning in October is turned off). You can open the window but then, even five stories up, hear streets noises until late at night. Unfortunately, the sheet is a pocket into which a thick blanket is placed, so there's no way to sleep with just the sheet or a lighter blanket. This type of comforter is just large enough for half of the full size bed and easily gets dislodged in the night. The shower was just OK. Breakfast comes with the room, but it too is nothing very special although better than most American hotel free breakfasts. Overall, I give this hotel a three-star. Certainly acceptable, but somewhat disappointing for such a lovely city.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
Comercial
"Perfect little Pension in a fabulous location"
Perfect little Pension in a fabulous location.
2 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Joanne
"Can't beat the location"
You really can't beat the location of this hotel. It's literally about a minute walk from St. Stephens Cathedral and in between 2 very close subway stations. I thought the breakfast buffet was pretty good too. My only complaint was that my room on the 4th floor didn't have A/C. However, my friend's room on the 2nd floor did have A/C, so if that's a concern for you pay attention. Maybe there was an option for A/C or not and I missed it.
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
"Great location!"
The hotel is in a fantastic location. The breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My room had air conditioning which was very nice to have.
2 night trip Sep 18, 2015
Morgan
"Worthy of it's reviews."
Excellent
1 night trip Sep 9, 2015
"great value and location"
This hotel was in a great location, centrally located to all the touristy things. The front desk was very helpful with getting us a taxi to the airport and helping with printing out our airplane boarding passes. The only downside to the hotel was the Wi-Fi. It was very spotty and disconnected many times. All in all, it's a great deal, unless the Internet is important to you.
2 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
Andrea
"Fantastic location and pleasant staff"
Fantastic location and pleasant staff. The breakfast was good though unvaried, for a 3 night stay I'd say it was great. A few watchouts: there is no AC (as is the case for most small hotels); if you don't plan to wake up at 7:30am, make sure to ask if there is any work going around the hotel before you book.
3 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Krasimira
"Excellent location,good service, nice stay."
excellent location,good service, nice stay.
4 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"In the city center and next to a metro station"
August this year was so hot and there was no air condition
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Great value and comfort in the center of Vienna"
Great Hotel-Pension in the center of Vienna. The hotel staff is exceptionally nice. The breakfast featured different types of classic breads, cheese, meats, jams, as well as eggs, bacon, and cereals. The hotel itself is a three-minute walk from Stephansplatz and St. Stephen's Cathedral, the very center of Vienna's old town. All in all, I was surprised at the value of this hotel for its service, comfort and location. In addition, my wife and I had to work from Vienna and the wifi in the hotel room was more than adequate for video conferencing.
6 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Amazing staff and service. Great location"
Awesome lady in charge of front desk. Very helpful with everything. big room / apartment and friendly people helped us the entire time. Right near Stephansdom and shopping. Highly recommend.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Hotel is totally overpriced given the condition and size of the room. 32 Euro on top for parking is too much. WIFI did not work properly. Will certainly not go back to this place.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Very convenient"
The location of the hotel is wonderful being right behind St. Stephen's Cathedral. It was a 10 minute walk to one of the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus stops and tram stops on the Ring Road, and also of course there is the subway in front of St. Stephen's. It was maybe a 15-20 minute walk to all the main sites so the location was perfect. The included breakfast had a great variety and was served until quite late in the morning. The staff at the hotel were very accommodating. There is construction on a building behind the hotel and they moved us to another room, although that really didn't help with the morning work noise. Some rooms appear not to have air conditioning but Vienna was cool enough at night so this was not a problem. The hotel has a few short term parking spaces in front so this is one of the few hotels in the center of town where it was very easy to load and unload luggage.
4 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"Right in the centre of the city"
The hotel was reasonably priced and very appropriate for a three day stay for this couple. Close to the Ubahn and to many sites. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was a full one in a pleasant restaurant.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Stephen
"Nice hotel; centrally located."
Nice hotel; centrally located - 5 min walk from Stephansplatz metro stop. Staff very nice and helpful. Rooms a little tight, but to be expected for the Inner Stadt. Well-appointed room in a building with a lot of character (wide-hallways; small lift). Good buffet breakfast with attentive staff. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Small, friendly and centrally located in Vienna"
Clean, friendly small hotel in the heart of central Vienna. Rooms were small and not fancy but provided everything we needed, including a generous breakfast. We were on the top floor and would have appreciated a faster and more spacious elevator.
2 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
sandra
"Centrally located, clean and friendly staff"
I enjoyed every part of it. Very close to everything. The people at the desk are very helpful and nice. The room was very clean. The breakfast is excellent. I will definitely go back there.
3 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Mustapha
"Modest but Top Notch"
You can easily find a fancier, more luxurious hotel but you can't find a better location and a better deal for a tourist in the center of Vienna - just a block to St. Stephan's. The hotel is old, small and modest but quite comfortable and very clean and has got the most friendly and helpful staff I have met in a long time. The building is probably well older than a couple of hundred years but is nicely decorated, well maintained and even has an elevator. Breakfast is great and has got all the typical meats, cheeses, juices, breads, etc. The hotel has no amenities, parking is limited. The rooms were clearly not furnished in this century but are comfortable and fully adequate, include even a safe with a big key! On top of this, the price is right. If I go back to Vienna, I will stay at the Domicil.
3 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Perfect Pension"
Excellent respectful staff, accommodations and location. Best quality for the price. Near landmarks and very good restaurants literally right around the corner. Lovely warm breakfast.
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
"not too shabby"
The breakfast is cooked early and never refreshed so arrive on the early side if you like hot food. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. Great location next to st. Steven's cathedral and the train station. Lots of shopping and dining options within a ten minute walk. The walls were slightly thin between the rooms and hallways so pack earplugs. Overall decent place if you're looking to spend your euro on food and attractions rather than accommodations.
4 night trip Aug 18, 2014
will
"A very nice hotel only 100m from the city center!"
This hotel is neatly tucked away in the city center, close to the cathedral and many great restaurants and shopping places. There is a bus line that goes right in front of the hotel and can take you to any tram/bus line major change spot. The hotel breakfast was included and very nice. Nothing super but nothing poor to speak of on the food and such. The staff at the front desk was excellent. When we asked about something to do for the day, they recommended a bus/tram ride to the foothills of Vienna's alps. Was the best day we had in our two weeks in Europe!!! The room was clean but small. Normal for Europe though. If we were back in Vienna, we'd stay again here. Was a great bargain for our travel. Hotel could use a bit of updating to the place, but not at a point just yet that lowers the star rating. I see that need coming in a couple years.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Jeremy
Inn Domizil staff made our stay in Vienna a very pleasant experience. They cheerfully provided early check-in which was very beneficial to my elderly parents. Staff booked interesting tours and concerts on request, which simplified matters for us. The location of the hotel is superb - just a few steps from the cathedral square, and with intriguing streets off in all directions. Mozarthaus museum is just behind the hotel. Rooms had a pleasant outlook and breakfast was superb. Our staff had excellent English and were willing to go the extra mile. We enjoyed their company. If we return to Vienna we would happily book there again.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Jewel in heart of Vienna"
Domizil is just a block from Stephensplatz and an easy walk from almost everywhere in the old town. Our room was beautiful, charming, spotless, with a very nice full bathroom, a comfy bed, and attractive furnishings. Domizil's staff is amazing--knowledgeable and helpful. Their breakfast buffet stretches on and on and on, includes both Austrian and American breakfast tastes, and is served in a cheery, sunny room. Great service, a high quality room, and a price that is surprisingly low for such a location and amenities.
2 night romance trip Jul 16, 2014
James & Rachel
"Vienna"
Beds were a little small but the hotel was outstanding - cleanliness and service and perfectly located. A great place to stay and will definitely repeat.
6 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2014
An excellent hotel in a very convenient location right in the heart of the city yet on a quiet street so the rooms were not noisy. Rooms were very spacious and clean. Staff were extremely helpful. Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, no faults at all!
"Warm Welcome!"
We had very little sleep before our flight to Vienna, when we arrived at the hotel before check in time we were greeted very warmly by the staff. The went above and beyond even showing us two different rooms that were ready for us to take early. The rooms are nicely renovated. no A/C's which could have been a problem for my husband, but it was not that hot yet. My husband loved the shower pressure. The Buffet breakfast was the best we have ever seen. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will come back if we are in Vienna again.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
"Outstanding Location in Vienna"
An outstanding location in Vienna. The Mozart House is literally around the corner. The Imperial Palace, including the Spanish Riding School, and St. Stephan's are 2-3 blocks away. The breakfast, especially the breads, is as delicious as it looks in the photos. The only drawback was the absence of parking; the staff, however, was very helpful and pointed out that if we could find street parking it was free over the week-end. They also recommended a wonderful restaurant the night we arrived.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
Donald K
"Outdated but a lovely stay"
We were only here for one night, the location was perfect (easy to get to, close to Cathedral and shopping areas) and the staff was stellar. They gave great recommendations for local food and helpful directions. Breakfast was included in our rate and it was a nice spread of food. The hotel is quite old and the rooms simple, but immaculately clean and as a result still comfortable. Would recommend.
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2014
"Great hotel, but LOUD."
The Domizil is an old but well maintained hotel right in the middle of everything in the innenstadt in Vienna. The front desk staff are extremely patient and helpful and the rooms are spacious, well maintained and simple. However, the tile hallways outside of the rooms make them extremely uncomfortable. Everyone was awakened promptly at 7:00am every morning when the cleaning crews started cleaning the rooms. Every movement, bucket drop, yelled conversation, pushed cart and answered mobile phone call reverberated throughout the hallway and into all of the rooms, making sleeping in an impossibility. If you are an early riser this place is really great an affordable, but if you want to relax and sleep in during your stay, avoid this hotel. The tile hallways are beautiful, but a serious oversight for a hotel...
3 night trip Dec 26, 2013
"Very nice hotel, excellent location"
Great value for location and for a four star hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
"Amazing Hotel Right in the Center"
I stayed at this hotel on a recommendation from a friend who lives in Vienna. From your arrival to any of the needs you may have the staff are all very kind and helpful. Excellent morning buffet.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Riko
My third time at Domizil in connection with work and study trips in Austria. All were 2-3 days stays. Wonderful place in a nice area right in the heart of Vienna. Nice walking area, lovely breakfast, very nice welcoming staff and service. Very nice and very clean rooms.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Ideal central location. Very helpful staff. Only concern was construction noise from outside which started at 0700 each weekday. Bin collection was also noisy.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Superb location. Very kind staff."
I would highly recommend to stay in this hotel. I will certainly do it next time in lively Vienna
3 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Terrific location, large cool room"
Everything was great, nice breakfast, friendly staff, terrific location, right off the main square in Old town Vienna. But best of all the air conditioning was great when the city was broiling at 99 degrees!
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Judy
"Nice Simple Hotel in the Heart of Vienna"
We got to Vienna late due to travel to Budapest by air and then to Vienna by train. Our room was ready and the reception staff was very helpful. We can speak some German but the staff spoke flawless English so it is not a problem to get questions answered in English if you know little or no German. The breakfast was wonderful and is included in the room rate. Our only concern was lack of AC and it was HOT in Vienna when we were there. Otherwise, the hotel is in a great area of the city with great restaurants within walking distance. I'd highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
"Great location - great hotel!"
The location could not have been better - close to everything, shopping, restaurants, sights. But it's the staff that make it near perfect. They were so very helpful, friendly and made me feel welcome and right at home. I will stay here every time I am in Vienna!
5 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Great Place near Vienna's City Center"
We really enjoyed our 2 night stay. The location was perfect, close to the city center but on a quite street. The room was spacious and well appointed. The breakfast service was outstanding. The wireless service was spotty but did work after found a suitable location.
2 night trip Jun 11, 2013
"Superb service and location. Average room"
Absolutely superb location within 2 minutes of St. Stephens Basilica, tons of restaurants, and the metro. The reception staff was incredibly helpful and helped plan our stay perfectly. Only one concern was room did not have Air-Con and it was WARM. The small wall fan was inadequate. Maybe I didn't pay enough for an A/C room :-). Check before booking
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2013
ONLY problem was noise until 1 a.m. from party at BOOKSHOP! opposite our room. Had doors open & people out on street. Complained at midnight to desk clerk who did in turn complain to owners of bookshop. That is my only criticism of Domizil & sorry to have to make it.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
"Great location near St. Stephen's Cathedral & more"
Located near St. Stephen's Cathedral, the hotel is within easy walking distance of the Museumsquartier and many of the sights in central Vienna. The staff was always friendly and helpful. Although the room was a little small, it was very clean and the bed's were quite comfortable.
4 night trip May 29, 2013
Helpful staff, excellent location, good breakfast. No air conditioning.Plenty of reasonable restaurants & bars in the immediate vicinity.
Other trip May 7, 2013

"Business & Pleasure"
Friendly staff, good service, clean room, prime location, efficient wifi- One remark though: bad broadcast for some TV channels or my TV defect
5 night business trip Jan 13, 2016
roseline
"Viennese getaway"
Friendly staff in a quiet location; easy access to public transportation.
4 night romance trip Jan 13, 2016
Anthony
The room was very clean and comfortable and staff were really helpful
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
"Location is awesome"
Very nice location. Staff was friendly and helpful. Very near train station so covering vienna was very comfortable.
3 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Himanshu
Comfortable and extremely friendly staff.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2015
"Central"
A very pleasant hotel for a flying visit to the city. Close to all amenities. Would recommend.
2 night romance trip May 9, 2015