All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Nes 5-23, Amsterdam, 1012 KC, Netherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Perfect location"
This hotel is located right at Dam square near the statue. A roof top sign makes it easy to find. The staff was very helpful. The included free breakfast was great. It had a wide variety of food including bacon, eggs, pancakes, pastry, bread, fruit, cereals, and rice. Plus fresh orange juice and coffee or tea. All included. The hotel is walking distance to Central Station and numerous tramlines.
4 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Gregory
The location of the hotel is great. It's right by Dam Square in the middle of everything. The breakfast was very good and included lots of variety (scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bacon, breads, fruit, cereals, yogurt). The rooms were really small, which is typical of European hotels, but the beds were very comfortable. No A/C, but we were on the back side of the building and slept with the window cracked with the table fan on, which was comfortable because the nights we were there were chilly.
3 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2015
"Great place to stay if you dont need wifi"
I booked a 3 person room. Pros: Great location, right by Dam Square; Spacious room; clean room; friendly staff; good breakfast. Con: Wifi did not work in our room. This was a major hassle for me, and may not be ideal for those on business. If you dont need wifi, then i would recommend this place. To be fair, management did try to help me, and did say that wifi works in about 80% of the hotel.
3 night trip with friends Jun 24, 2015
"Love the location! Room..OK."
Stayed in Amsterdam for 1 night. The hotel is in a great location. It is very centralized letting me more time to enjoy the city. I can shop and stop by the room to unload and be out again in no time. The room was small and the bed was OK. The breakfast was good, but way too crowded. Overall, for the location...it trumps everything else.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"A great stay !"
This was our second stay at the Rho. This place has everything you look for in a hotel. It's a short walk from the train station. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean . The bed was comfortable, and it included a breakfast buffet .
2 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
sally
"good hotel in Dam Squarem"
Staff was very friendly. The breakfast was good. Location, at Dam Square was great. The bathroom could use a little updating.
2 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
bohdan
"Amsterdam trip"
Great location. No a/c. It was very hot. Outside our room below 2 nights in a row was a wild party going on. Wish that the hotel had called police. Food was great and service people were very good.
3 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
"Rho Hotel - great location"
The single room is small. However, the room and bathroom are clean. The location of the hotel is right off Dam Square with excellent accessibility if you want to be close to the city center and train station. The free breakfast that comes with the room is a wonderful spread with a variety of choices. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and even allowed me into the room earlier than the typical check-in time at 2 PM.
1 night business trip May 22, 2015
"Wonderful hotel experience"
What a wonderful hotel in a great location. The icing on the cake was the staff. They were pleasant, helpful, and went out of their way to make our stay the best possible. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again on my next trip to Amsterdam.
3 night family trip May 20, 2015
Lori
"Great central location and breakfast"
Just stayed one night after flying in from the US. They have a room for storing baggage off the main, very large lobby. It is not locked, which in theory could be an issue, but there is only one entrance and you go right by the reception desk so this might add a small level of security. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room (a triple) suited our needs well. While there was some wear and tear on the room, a crack and loss of plaster in the ceiling, it was very clean. The location was terrific - 10 minutes from the train station, 20 minutes to the museums. My only recommendation would be to ask for a room not on the front of the hotel. Even though it is on a farily quiet street off of Dam square, there was a group of partiers into the wee hours outside, and because of the narrow street, the sound just magnified. One last thing - the breakfast was the best we had all week. Fresh squeezed orange juice, bacon and eggs, and all of the other meats, cheeses, cereals and breads standard on most breakfasts there. We would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip May 13, 2015
"First visit to Amsterdam"
This was our first visit to Amsterdam. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful in making it a wonderful visit.
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
barbara
"Unique"
No refrigerator, or safe key on arrival. Within an hour both were placed in the room. Only a table fan so the room was hot. Lobby was very nice and the breakfast was delicious.
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Colleen
"good find"
Good spot for an affordable stay mid-week. Was there on business and therefore not in the hotel much except for sleeping. Great location right at Dam Square and a short walk from the central train station. Room was a little dated but clean and bed was comfortable. The staff was very nice and the daily morning breakfast was an excellent perk.
4 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
We enjoyed our 3 night stay, however the room was very dark, limited window space and therefore a bit stuffy although a rather large fan was provided and we did use. We were glad to have taken our travel kettle as there are no tea/coffee facilities in the room. They do have tea/coffee in the lobby area but it's on the ground floor and therefore not very convenient really, especially if you are on an upper floor. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Great location, excellent breakfast, staff is not very friendly, the rooms are very clean but very dated.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Raven
"Could Have Been Better"
After a long flight and arriving an hour before check in time at 2PM I was told my room wasn't ready. As I watched other people checking in and being given keys to their rooms, I offered to pay more to upgrade but was told it was impossible because it was Easter. I had to wait. The clerk said my single room was on the courtyard and would be quiet. When I got to the room, I thought there were people in it because I heard so many voices. It was across an alleyway from a busy bike rental place. The window was open. It was warm because the heat wouldn't fully shut off. The shower (hard to figure out) and toilet were together so when one showered, the place flooded. The TV channels didn't fully come in, especially the English language ones (BBC, no American ones). When I asked to change after one night, the clerk seemed to know immediately my room and said he'd take care of me right after the holiday and I had a much nicer one for the remaining 6 nights of my stay. But after that, whenever I saw the clerk that checked me in, she gave me the stink eye. Hotel had great location. Rooms were always cleaned well. Plenty of room in the dining area at breakfast time. They don't have any bell or room service. Some of the desk clerks were very nice to me. But I had to pack and unpack twice and it put a damper on my trip. I honestly don't know what I did to upset that check-in clerk so I'll just stay elsewhere next time.
8 night trip Apr 4, 2015
"Great location, friendly helpful staff, and great"
This hotel was the perfect location for my stay in Amsterdam. It is a few steps from Dam square. It is small walking distance to various parts of the city like the Red light district, Anne Frank's house. Many tours leave from dam square. Also lots of shopping opportunites nearby...this hotel is quaint and charming with its unique decor, free breakfast (very good and huge variety of items), and the helpful friendly staff. The only thing not so ideal was the rooms were not as sound proofed but that didn't bother me since you are so tired at night. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend this hotel...
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Just OK hotel"
Hotel is only a few steps away from Dam Square so it's central located. The hotel enterance is kinda located on a side street. The room itself is just OK, not great. Very basic room. No A/C, small portable closet, lumpy mattress, carpet worn, but for the price and location, it's OK. It does have a TV, small fridge. From this hotel, you can walk to most sites. They have a cab service to the airport for 46 eruro's, tipping not needed. Approx. time to airport is 30 minutes. Many cafe, restaurants in the area to choose from.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great location , nice hotel"
Great location near city center with plenty of restaurants and shopping. Only around 20 minute walk with bags from the central train station. The front desk staff was great with a fabulous sense of humor , she sent seals to my room balancing balls on their noses.i asked for clowns though. Would stay there again for sure.
2 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
Hans
"Beware Hotel pre-charging your card"
Pretty good, I asked for a quiet room as I was on business & got what I asked for. Room 407, which overlooked the roof tops and was small but nice I booked through Hotels.com and opted to pay in full on arrival, however 4 days before arrival the hotel put a lein on my credit card for one nights stay (€105), this reduced the available credit to me to use while in Amsterdam, although not an issue for me, I have no doubt that this will cause some people a major headache. I am home 3 days now and my bank still has not refunded me the monies I do not understand why the hotel does this, when hotels.com have my full credit card details and if I did not turn up, then the hotel could get the same amount of money from hotel.com
2 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
We travelled with another couple and our room was very sufficient. Slightly on the small side but not a problem as we hardly spent any time there. Our friends on the other hand had an even smaller room and a wet room where the shower was only a dribble. This did not spoil our stay. The staff were excellent throughout as was the breakfast. The location was central and we managed to walk round pretty much the whole of the city from the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Amsterdam.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
I read all reviews before I choose this hotel, there were loads of mixed views but generally for a 3 star hotel in this location, it was pretty good. We travelled as a group of girls. When we arrived at the hotel we were met by a really nice man called Christian. One of the girls hadn't booked any Accomodation and when we asked about an upgrade, he was more than happy to help. He upgraded us for an extra €280 for 4nights to a suite. It was a fair distance to walk but we are all in our 20s so we didn't care. Christian walked with us helping us with our bags etc!! We got a massive suite which was great. Breakfast in the morning was really nice, and it is free after all. If u expect variety then you need to go to a restaurant! The noise especially weekdays can be bad (esp with a hangover) but that's no fault of the hotel for location. It's so central on dam square and close to everything. For us it was perfect. If your fussy and expect a lot then this probably is not the place for u! If u don't care a just need a bed and shower and nice staff for a weekend then this is ideal. Price isn't bad either. Was perfect for a group of 20 something year olds checking out what Amsterdam has to offer!!!
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Celebrating my wife's Bday"
Close to central station, Large room for a European hotel, Free buffet breakfast, Shower room without curtain, Bathroom doesn't have exhaust fan.
2 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"Listed as 'pet friendly' but it's not"
When I booked this hotel was listed in the pet friendly category. It didn't have any special conditions listed. In the booking comment I let them know I would be coming with my dog. When I arrived they informed me that their policy was that pet owner's had to be with their pet in the room at all times. This is obviously not a 'pet friendly' hotel policy, and since I was on vacation wasn't going to work. They said they had this policy in their online T&Cs but I looked and couldn't find this anywhere, nor could they find where it was. They kept saying it was my fault for not knowing about their policy somehow, and they were not very helpful or sympathetic and told me I could book elsewhere but they would still charge me for 1 night's stay. I went to the lobby to book another hotel, and the manager approached me to let me know that as a customer service gesture they would not charge me for the cancelled reservation. While that was at least something, it seemed liked the bare minimum in the circumstances. I noticed in the next few days they changed their policies and now said 'no pets allowed'. I didn't get to see much about the hotel otherwise, but I wasn't at all impressed by their customer service.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Walking in Amsterdam"
Breakfast was excellent. Location is good to Dam Square A lot of crazy people walking around I felt like I Walking on a college campus Don't go around the block accidently you maybe in the Red light district with Your family...
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Right off Dam Square, walking distance to the central Railway Station and near many museums. My room on the backside did not have much of a view but was quiet. Architecture of the lobby is beautiful. Staff speak English.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Excellent location"
This hotel is on a side street beside Dam Square. A great location to explore a walking city. It's an old renovated building so the room layout and stairs are a little funky. We had a huge triple room with a large bathroom. It was a little spartan but perfectly adequate as we were out most of the day. Breakfast was plentiful if a little short on variety. Conrad Hilton once said there are three things one requires for a hotel. 1. location 2. location and 3 location. The Rho has it.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Perfect location"
Decent hotel (no complaints aside from super weak wifi in the room) with a perfect location right in the heart of Dam Square. Staff were friendly but often gave wrong directions, so just pay close attention to the map instead. Also has a nice breakfast. Would stay here again.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"Great location near Dam Square."
Great location, old, but very clean. Friendly staff, good breakfast and small, but comfortable rooms.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Jay
"Very convenient - just feet from Dam square."
I had a small problem with my room after checking in and they were very helpful in switching me to a new (and bigger!) room, and on a Friday night no less. Staff was very friendly and hotel is in an incredibly convenient location, right in the center of Amsterdam and just feet from Dam square and the National Monument. The breakfast buffet was also very good with lots to choose from.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Ive stayed in a few different hotels in Amsterdam over the years but it will be The Rho from now on. Great location, clean, friendly and the included breakfast is well worth dragging yourself out of bed for!!!!
Other trip Nov 7, 2014
"The best!"
Loved the hotel and would never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam. Great location! Everything about it was exceptional from the room, staff, breakfast etc. Would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Amsterdam.
2 night trip with friends Oct 21, 2014
barbara
Special thanks to Umberto, he really makes the difference with his courtesy and professionalism.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Good value for central Amsterdam."
Centrally located. Friendly, helpful staff. Great breakfast.
2 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
Staff exceptionally nice. Left early, prepared breakfast to go and had coffee waiting for us. Morning breakfast-hot and cold delights - pancakes/scramble eggs and meats, everything you would want. Room was spacious and everything worked. One block away from Square. A little noisy, but you can't have such convenience without a bit of night noise - no problem for us. One criticism is that it is probably time to clean or get new chairs in the room. Rm was cleaned well ea. day. Enjoyed our stay!
3 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
Monet5
"one of the best 3stars hotels"
Great location. Comfortable room. Welcoming staff. Reasonable breakfast.
3 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
tal hecht
"Clean and comfortable; convenient location"
Had a triple room (#204). It had three single beds, a wardrobe, chest, desk, and plenty of space for the three of us to move around. It is old, of course, but very clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. I wish I could have stayed there longer.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
J Douglas
"Comfortable hotel in a great location."
My husband and I enjoyed our recent stay at Rho Hotel. The hotel is steps away from Dam Square, but is tucked away on a fairly quiet, narrow street, so it managed to feel like a nice escape from the crowds. The people at the front desk were very friendly, and gave us some wonderful suggestions for close places to eat. The weather was warm during our visit and the room was comfortable, although bordering on too warm. At first it seemed like it might be inconvenient to leave the key at the desk whenever we went out, but we quickly got used to that and it wasn't ever a problem. The included breakfast has numerous offerings including fresh fruit. Not great ambiance, more like a cafeteria, but it was a good way to start each day. We hope to return to Amsterdam soon, and would definitely consider staying at Rho Hotel again.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Excellent location, complicated, bad suite"
Rude attitude from part of the staff, room are not well planned, not enough light, suite is terrible. Access to rooms are in part of them complicated.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
shin
Tea making facility would be good
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
A very very small room, the price is higer ...
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"A day in Amsterdam."
Very nice room and breakfast was good with many selections. The room was very bright and clean all around, but with no AC and a very warm day, sleeping was not very restful. A fan was provided, but with window open many things were heard from the street. Location of the hotel is a 10 minute walk from Centraal Station and easy to find. I would probably stay again and hope that the evening would not be so hot and other hotel guests a bit more considerate as they close their doors at late hours of the night. This is no fault of the hotel.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Ray
Never again in summer!! This hotel doesn't have air conditioner with a room temperature about 95 degrees or higher!! And also mosquitoes!! Only one little fan for the three of us? Too bad! We tried to beat the heat with open windows but it was worst for the lot of noise in the street. The five more longer nights in a hotel in our lives!! The only pro is the location and for sure the breakfast included. They have to clean the lobby furniture it shows dirty!! The hotel needs urgent renovation!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"would not stay again"
Hotel is in a good location, but the condition and service are lacking. The hallway was freezing from the air-conditioner, but the rooms we hot. I noticed when we checked in that all the empty rooms had the door open, I am assuming so when you arrive your room is cool. As soon as you close the door to your room, it becomes hot. Toilette seem to back up several times. Front desk was not very helpful. We could not get our safe in the room open, had to wait until to the day for someone that had the master code.
3 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Ideal location, very close to Dam. Stayed there 5 days and had a spacious room on 4th floor. No noise. Nice bathroom with shower. Excellent buffet breakfast. Friendly staff. Surely a hotel to book if we come to Amsterdam later on.....
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Great location! Excellent breakfast!"
The staff couldn't have been nicer. We stayed 3 days during the World Cup, and the area was alive with excitement. The hotel was perfect, with a lovely lobby, small but well -kept rooms. Could have easily stayed longer. Great location for getting around by tram or walking.
3 night romance trip Jul 1, 2014
Lindypot
Our room did not have air conditioning as the room of our traveling companions did. It was quite warm in our room. There was noise in the alley outside our window.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Excellent value for the money, perfect location,nice staff, ok breakfast and our room for three persons was very large! Unfortunately noisy in the mornings/day due to renovation of the house opposite, but when it is finished,it will be ok. We will definitely come back and also recommend this hotel to others!
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
The front desk staff were great. I had one gentleman, who went above and beyond in trying to help me with a family emergency. He was kind, reassuring and so competent in his help. I can't say enough of his exemplary work!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Friendly, accommodating staff. Central location"
A mix-up with our appt rental sent us scrambling for last minute room on a Saturday night. Arriving at 11 am, bleary-eyed after a transatlantic flight. They welcomed us, stowed our luggage, patiently directed us and promised to hurry our room preparations. Just off the Damstraat, it is a bustling noisy area, but calm and quiet inside. We stayed in a huge (and expensive) appt with four single beds at the top of an a joining building. The decor of the whole hotel is dated including the room, but it was clean and very comfortable. The biggest plus is the very pleasant staff at the front desk.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014