All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereNes 5-23, Amsterdam, 1012 KC, Netherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

"First visit to Amsterdam"
This was our first visit to Amsterdam. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful in making it a wonderful visit.
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
barbara
"Unique"
No refrigerator, or safe key on arrival. Within an hour both were placed in the room. Only a table fan so the room was hot. Lobby was very nice and the breakfast was delicious.
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Colleen
"good find"
Good spot for an affordable stay mid-week. Was there on business and therefore not in the hotel much except for sleeping. Great location right at Dam Square and a short walk from the central train station. Room was a little dated but clean and bed was comfortable. The staff was very nice and the daily morning breakfast was an excellent perk.
4 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
We enjoyed our 3 night stay, however the room was very dark, limited window space and therefore a bit stuffy although a rather large fan was provided and we did use. We were glad to have taken our travel kettle as there are no tea/coffee facilities in the room. They do have tea/coffee in the lobby area but it's on the ground floor and therefore not very convenient really, especially if you are on an upper floor. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Could Have Been Better"
After a long flight and arriving an hour before check in time at 2PM I was told my room wasn't ready. As I watched other people checking in and being given keys to their rooms, I offered to pay more to upgrade but was told it was impossible because it was Easter. I had to wait. The clerk said my single room was on the courtyard and would be quiet. When I got to the room, I thought there were people in it because I heard so many voices. It was across an alleyway from a busy bike rental place. The window was open. It was warm because the heat wouldn't fully shut off. The shower (hard to figure out) and toilet were together so when one showered, the place flooded. The TV channels didn't fully come in, especially the English language ones (BBC, no American ones). When I asked to change after one night, the clerk seemed to know immediately my room and said he'd take care of me right after the holiday and I had a much nicer one for the remaining 6 nights of my stay. But after that, whenever I saw the clerk that checked me in, she gave me the stink eye. Hotel had great location. Rooms were always cleaned well. Plenty of room in the dining area at breakfast time. They don't have any bell or room service. Some of the desk clerks were very nice to me. But I had to pack and unpack twice and it put a damper on my trip. I honestly don't know what I did to upset that check-in clerk so I'll just stay elsewhere next time.
8 night trip Apr 4, 2015
"Just OK hotel"
Hotel is only a few steps away from Dam Square so it's central located. The hotel enterance is kinda located on a side street. The room itself is just OK, not great. Very basic room. No A/C, small portable closet, lumpy mattress, carpet worn, but for the price and location, it's OK. It does have a TV, small fridge. From this hotel, you can walk to most sites. They have a cab service to the airport for 46 eruro's, tipping not needed. Approx. time to airport is 30 minutes. Many cafe, restaurants in the area to choose from.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great location , nice hotel"
Great location near city center with plenty of restaurants and shopping. Only around 20 minute walk with bags from the central train station. The front desk staff was great with a fabulous sense of humor , she sent seals to my room balancing balls on their noses.i asked for clowns though. Would stay there again for sure.
2 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
Hans
"Beware Hotel pre-charging your card"
Pretty good, I asked for a quiet room as I was on business & got what I asked for. Room 407, which overlooked the roof tops and was small but nice I booked through Hotels.com and opted to pay in full on arrival, however 4 days before arrival the hotel put a lein on my credit card for one nights stay (€105), this reduced the available credit to me to use while in Amsterdam, although not an issue for me, I have no doubt that this will cause some people a major headache. I am home 3 days now and my bank still has not refunded me the monies I do not understand why the hotel does this, when hotels.com have my full credit card details and if I did not turn up, then the hotel could get the same amount of money from hotel.com
2 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
We travelled with another couple and our room was very sufficient. Slightly on the small side but not a problem as we hardly spent any time there. Our friends on the other hand had an even smaller room and a wet room where the shower was only a dribble. This did not spoil our stay. The staff were excellent throughout as was the breakfast. The location was central and we managed to walk round pretty much the whole of the city from the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Amsterdam.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
I read all reviews before I choose this hotel, there were loads of mixed views but generally for a 3 star hotel in this location, it was pretty good. We travelled as a group of girls. When we arrived at the hotel we were met by a really nice man called Christian. One of the girls hadn't booked any Accomodation and when we asked about an upgrade, he was more than happy to help. He upgraded us for an extra €280 for 4nights to a suite. It was a fair distance to walk but we are all in our 20s so we didn't care. Christian walked with us helping us with our bags etc!! We got a massive suite which was great. Breakfast in the morning was really nice, and it is free after all. If u expect variety then you need to go to a restaurant! The noise especially weekdays can be bad (esp with a hangover) but that's no fault of the hotel for location. It's so central on dam square and close to everything. For us it was perfect. If your fussy and expect a lot then this probably is not the place for u! If u don't care a just need a bed and shower and nice staff for a weekend then this is ideal. Price isn't bad either. Was perfect for a group of 20 something year olds checking out what Amsterdam has to offer!!!
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Celebrating my wife's Bday"
Close to central station, Large room for a European hotel, Free buffet breakfast, Shower room without curtain, Bathroom doesn't have exhaust fan.
2 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"Listed as 'pet friendly' but it's not"
When I booked this hotel was listed in the pet friendly category. It didn't have any special conditions listed. In the booking comment I let them know I would be coming with my dog. When I arrived they informed me that their policy was that pet owner's had to be with their pet in the room at all times. This is obviously not a 'pet friendly' hotel policy, and since I was on vacation wasn't going to work. They said they had this policy in their online T&Cs but I looked and couldn't find this anywhere, nor could they find where it was. They kept saying it was my fault for not knowing about their policy somehow, and they were not very helpful or sympathetic and told me I could book elsewhere but they would still charge me for 1 night's stay. I went to the lobby to book another hotel, and the manager approached me to let me know that as a customer service gesture they would not charge me for the cancelled reservation. While that was at least something, it seemed liked the bare minimum in the circumstances. I noticed in the next few days they changed their policies and now said 'no pets allowed'. I didn't get to see much about the hotel otherwise, but I wasn't at all impressed by their customer service.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Walking in Amsterdam"
Breakfast was excellent. Location is good to Dam Square A lot of crazy people walking around I felt like I Walking on a college campus Don't go around the block accidently you maybe in the Red light district with Your family...
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Right off Dam Square, walking distance to the central Railway Station and near many museums. My room on the backside did not have much of a view but was quiet. Architecture of the lobby is beautiful. Staff speak English.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Excellent location"
This hotel is on a side street beside Dam Square. A great location to explore a walking city. It's an old renovated building so the room layout and stairs are a little funky. We had a huge triple room with a large bathroom. It was a little spartan but perfectly adequate as we were out most of the day. Breakfast was plentiful if a little short on variety. Conrad Hilton once said there are three things one requires for a hotel. 1. location 2. location and 3 location. The Rho has it.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Perfect location"
Decent hotel (no complaints aside from super weak wifi in the room) with a perfect location right in the heart of Dam Square. Staff were friendly but often gave wrong directions, so just pay close attention to the map instead. Also has a nice breakfast. Would stay here again.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"Great location near Dam Square."
Great location, old, but very clean. Friendly staff, good breakfast and small, but comfortable rooms.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Jay
"Very convenient - just feet from Dam square."
I had a small problem with my room after checking in and they were very helpful in switching me to a new (and bigger!) room, and on a Friday night no less. Staff was very friendly and hotel is in an incredibly convenient location, right in the center of Amsterdam and just feet from Dam square and the National Monument. The breakfast buffet was also very good with lots to choose from.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Ive stayed in a few different hotels in Amsterdam over the years but it will be The Rho from now on. Great location, clean, friendly and the included breakfast is well worth dragging yourself out of bed for!!!!
Other trip Nov 7, 2014
"The best!"
Loved the hotel and would never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam. Great location! Everything about it was exceptional from the room, staff, breakfast etc. Would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Amsterdam.
2 night trip with friends Oct 21, 2014
barbara
Special thanks to Umberto, he really makes the difference with his courtesy and professionalism.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Good value for central Amsterdam."
Centrally located. Friendly, helpful staff. Great breakfast.
2 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
Staff exceptionally nice. Left early, prepared breakfast to go and had coffee waiting for us. Morning breakfast-hot and cold delights - pancakes/scramble eggs and meats, everything you would want. Room was spacious and everything worked. One block away from Square. A little noisy, but you can't have such convenience without a bit of night noise - no problem for us. One criticism is that it is probably time to clean or get new chairs in the room. Rm was cleaned well ea. day. Enjoyed our stay!
3 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
Monet5
"one of the best 3stars hotels"
Great location. Comfortable room. Welcoming staff. Reasonable breakfast.
3 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
tal hecht
"Clean and comfortable; convenient location"
Had a triple room (#204). It had three single beds, a wardrobe, chest, desk, and plenty of space for the three of us to move around. It is old, of course, but very clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. I wish I could have stayed there longer.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
J Douglas
"Comfortable hotel in a great location."
My husband and I enjoyed our recent stay at Rho Hotel. The hotel is steps away from Dam Square, but is tucked away on a fairly quiet, narrow street, so it managed to feel like a nice escape from the crowds. The people at the front desk were very friendly, and gave us some wonderful suggestions for close places to eat. The weather was warm during our visit and the room was comfortable, although bordering on too warm. At first it seemed like it might be inconvenient to leave the key at the desk whenever we went out, but we quickly got used to that and it wasn't ever a problem. The included breakfast has numerous offerings including fresh fruit. Not great ambiance, more like a cafeteria, but it was a good way to start each day. We hope to return to Amsterdam soon, and would definitely consider staying at Rho Hotel again.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Excellent location, complicated, bad suite"
Rude attitude from part of the staff, room are not well planned, not enough light, suite is terrible. Access to rooms are in part of them complicated.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
shin
Tea making facility would be good
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
A very very small room, the price is higer ...
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"A day in Amsterdam."
Very nice room and breakfast was good with many selections. The room was very bright and clean all around, but with no AC and a very warm day, sleeping was not very restful. A fan was provided, but with window open many things were heard from the street. Location of the hotel is a 10 minute walk from Centraal Station and easy to find. I would probably stay again and hope that the evening would not be so hot and other hotel guests a bit more considerate as they close their doors at late hours of the night. This is no fault of the hotel.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Ray
Never again in summer!! This hotel doesn't have air conditioner with a room temperature about 95 degrees or higher!! And also mosquitoes!! Only one little fan for the three of us? Too bad! We tried to beat the heat with open windows but it was worst for the lot of noise in the street. The five more longer nights in a hotel in our lives!! The only pro is the location and for sure the breakfast included. They have to clean the lobby furniture it shows dirty!! The hotel needs urgent renovation!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"would not stay again"
Hotel is in a good location, but the condition and service are lacking. The hallway was freezing from the air-conditioner, but the rooms we hot. I noticed when we checked in that all the empty rooms had the door open, I am assuming so when you arrive your room is cool. As soon as you close the door to your room, it becomes hot. Toilette seem to back up several times. Front desk was not very helpful. We could not get our safe in the room open, had to wait until to the day for someone that had the master code.
3 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Ideal location, very close to Dam. Stayed there 5 days and had a spacious room on 4th floor. No noise. Nice bathroom with shower. Excellent buffet breakfast. Friendly staff. Surely a hotel to book if we come to Amsterdam later on.....
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Great location! Excellent breakfast!"
The staff couldn't have been nicer. We stayed 3 days during the World Cup, and the area was alive with excitement. The hotel was perfect, with a lovely lobby, small but well -kept rooms. Could have easily stayed longer. Great location for getting around by tram or walking.
3 night romance trip Jul 1, 2014
Lindypot
Our room did not have air conditioning as the room of our traveling companions did. It was quite warm in our room. There was noise in the alley outside our window.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Excellent value for the money, perfect location,nice staff, ok breakfast and our room for three persons was very large! Unfortunately noisy in the mornings/day due to renovation of the house opposite, but when it is finished,it will be ok. We will definitely come back and also recommend this hotel to others!
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
The front desk staff were great. I had one gentleman, who went above and beyond in trying to help me with a family emergency. He was kind, reassuring and so competent in his help. I can't say enough of his exemplary work!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Friendly, accommodating staff. Central location"
A mix-up with our appt rental sent us scrambling for last minute room on a Saturday night. Arriving at 11 am, bleary-eyed after a transatlantic flight. They welcomed us, stowed our luggage, patiently directed us and promised to hurry our room preparations. Just off the Damstraat, it is a bustling noisy area, but calm and quiet inside. We stayed in a huge (and expensive) appt with four single beds at the top of an a joining building. The decor of the whole hotel is dated including the room, but it was clean and very comfortable. The biggest plus is the very pleasant staff at the front desk.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Bay Area Family
"VERY nice hotel"
Great central location with an outstanding breakfast or should I say brunch.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Jarrell
The room was too small. When you took a shower there were water all over the bathroom. Its location and breakfast was super. The personal in the breakfast room was worthy all roses.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
RHO Hotel has perfect location for those who want to visit Amsterdam on foot or by bike. All major attractons of Amsterdam are within walking distance. Hotel is not neceseary the cheap one but I woul recomment it because of a location as well as great breakfast provided. This is all I needed for short city tour stay. I would recommend it. Could be bit cheeaper.
Other trip May 26, 2014
it is a good city hotel in middle of Amsterdam
Other trip May 3, 2014
The hotel is situated in a fantastic area. The breakfast was abundant and very good. The attention received by the staff was excelent.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
We were greeted by an arrogant boorish male clerk named Huib who yelled at us when we tried to check in. My Visa card had been compromised and I had changed it. In a loud voice he said business was more important than people and he didn't know if we would show up he continued to berate us in front of other guests. We told him he was rude and he ignored the comment and continued. I told him we had no where else to go on Easter weekend and he said he would give us one night only. We checked in for that night and I found another room for a very high price in another area. The next morning the desk clerks were pleasant and apologetic for the behavior of the ignorant clerk. The hotel is cheaply furnished and overpriced. The only positive was the breakfast. I cannot believe that we were treated so badly. I could not rebuke him because we were so astounded at his attitude and behavior. Two retired Canadian women who had booked the rooms long befotre ou arrival did not expect such a greeting. Avoid the place.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Great location, excellent breakfast selection, friendly, helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
It was great. The location is amazing, and being three in our party, the room was very comfortable
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
Edwin
My only complaint is the price. However, due to its location and the fact that it is comparably priced for the area, I guess I can't really complain. All the hotels in the immediate area of "The Dam" are pricey due to their convenience and historical value. The train station is less than a 15 minute walk, the palace is less than five and the red-light district is less than 10. You could literally spend weeks exploring all the streets and side streets that are filled with incredible restaurants, pubs, shops and coffee houses. Foodie's paradise.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
Wonderful ten days with great helpfulness and kindness of staff and excellent buffet breakfast. Location by Dam Square convenient for many trams. Would return.
10 night trip Jan 27, 2014
Verna
"My Stay at the Rho Hotel"
My overall stay at the Rho Hotel by far was a most pleasant one. I have been staying there for many years. The staff is one of the most helpful staffs I have ever encountered. Mr. "Het" the manager goes out of his way to help his guests and at the same time ensure their comfortability. I highly recommend this hotel to any traveller.Finally, my overall assessment is a most positive one. (96%) .
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
Excellent location, excellent breakfast. Rooms tiny, no A/C and few amenities, but adequate for our purposes.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014