All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Nes 5-23, Amsterdam, 1012 KC, Netherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

"VERY nice hotel"
Great central location with an outstanding breakfast or should I say brunch.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Jarrell
The room was too small. When you took a shower there were water all over the bathroom. Its location and breakfast was super. The personal in the breakfast room was worthy all roses.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
RHO Hotel has perfect location for those who want to visit Amsterdam on foot or by bike. All major attractons of Amsterdam are within walking distance. Hotel is not neceseary the cheap one but I woul recomment it because of a location as well as great breakfast provided. This is all I needed for short city tour stay. I would recommend it. Could be bit cheeaper.
Other trip May 26, 2014
it is a good city hotel in middle of Amsterdam
Other trip May 3, 2014
The hotel is situated in a fantastic area. The breakfast was abundant and very good. The attention received by the staff was excelent.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
We were greeted by an arrogant boorish male clerk named Huib who yelled at us when we tried to check in. My Visa card had been compromised and I had changed it. In a loud voice he said business was more important than people and he didn't know if we would show up he continued to berate us in front of other guests. We told him he was rude and he ignored the comment and continued. I told him we had no where else to go on Easter weekend and he said he would give us one night only. We checked in for that night and I found another room for a very high price in another area. The next morning the desk clerks were pleasant and apologetic for the behavior of the ignorant clerk. The hotel is cheaply furnished and overpriced. The only positive was the breakfast. I cannot believe that we were treated so badly. I could not rebuke him because we were so astounded at his attitude and behavior. Two retired Canadian women who had booked the rooms long befotre ou arrival did not expect such a greeting. Avoid the place.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Great location, excellent breakfast selection, friendly, helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
It was great. The location is amazing, and being three in our party, the room was very comfortable
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
Edwin
My only complaint is the price. However, due to its location and the fact that it is comparably priced for the area, I guess I can't really complain. All the hotels in the immediate area of "The Dam" are pricey due to their convenience and historical value. The train station is less than a 15 minute walk, the palace is less than five and the red-light district is less than 10. You could literally spend weeks exploring all the streets and side streets that are filled with incredible restaurants, pubs, shops and coffee houses. Foodie's paradise.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
Wonderful ten days with great helpfulness and kindness of staff and excellent buffet breakfast. Location by Dam Square convenient for many trams. Would return.
10 night trip Jan 27, 2014
Verna
"My Stay at the Rho Hotel"
My overall stay at the Rho Hotel by far was a most pleasant one. I have been staying there for many years. The staff is one of the most helpful staffs I have ever encountered. Mr. "Het" the manager goes out of his way to help his guests and at the same time ensure their comfortability. I highly recommend this hotel to any traveller.Finally, my overall assessment is a most positive one. (96%) .
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
Excellent location, excellent breakfast. Rooms tiny, no A/C and few amenities, but adequate for our purposes.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"Perfect location"
Hotel was great because we were 3 people and we got a triple room. It is in a perfect location to every place that you want to go, nothing is more than a 10 minute walk. The hotel is configured a little weird, but the rooms were great and free breakfast is a great addition too!
3 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Zach
"Location Location Location"
Very centrally located on Dam Square! Walking distance to everything! The staff was more than king and answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable of the surroundings. The breakfast was very good and filling. The furnishings in my room was regular hotel fare but I wasn't in it for long with all the sights to see! My stay at Rho Hotel just added to my great time in Amsterdam and I plan on staying there again!
4 night trip Nov 17, 2013
Everett
"Good Place to Stay Close to Main Rail Station"
I've stayed at Rho Hotel twice now and have found it a convenient and relatively well-priced hotel. The service has been good. The rooms are small (typical in Europe) but clean and relatively comfortable. Right off Dam Square, close to the tram stop and just a short walk to Centraal Station.
3 night business trip Nov 3, 2013
Jon
This hotel is situated in one corner of Dam Square which makes it an excellent central location for exploring Amsterdam. The hotel reception area was impressive but the hallways and rooms had bland décor and lacked character. Our room was a little on the small side but the bathroom was larger than average. No drink making facilities were provided in the rooms. The hotel seemed overpriced for what was offered at 142 Euro per night including taxes (average), for the four nights we stayed. Continental breakfast is provided with a good selection of items and the staff kept the breakfast bar clean and well stocked. My wife and I would recommend this hotel with the only reservation being the value for money.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Hotel accommodation and service was very good. Access to rooms tricky as lift out order and had to negotiate a rabbit warren of stairs and hallways. Licated near Amsterdam Centraal station and tourist district. Breakfast was great and included in price.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Rho Hotel"
Small beds, clean and friendly! Best breakfast in Europe! Would stay again.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
John Gardner
excellent hotel staff very friendly very good location we went for sight seeing for 3 nights can not fault staff food was very good however they is no kettle in your rooms which was a negative for us but they had vending machine in reception cost 1 euro for hot water and found the lighting in our room a little dull could be brighter
"Hotel of last resort"
Rho Hotel has a very convenient location and nice staff. But my room was down a few stairs, through a garage....not easy with heavy bags. Also my ground floor room featured a shower with a drain that backs up after one minute of use. Rho is not a bad hotel, just not one to book unless everyplace else is sold out or much more expensive.
"Rho Hotel"
I stayed for 3 nights. Very clean and quite. Great location, good breakfast and kindly stuff. Definitely would come back again
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
This is a great location and well worth the price.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"Nice, clean hotel, hot breakfast,great location."
We wanted a hotel that was fairly priced, good location, clean, free breakfast, with wifi and this hotel delivered. We were able to walk to everything within the old section and Lots to do near hotel.Staff helpful and hotel is very clean..very basic decorations, beds very comfortable. Hotel has wifi but poor reception in room...lobby reception people were excellent.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
"Great Hotel for seeing Amsterdam Center"
The price was reasonable for the rooms, but the best reason we liked was its location off Damstraat. Easy to roam around Amsterdam Center area.
3 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Nice hotel in the heart of Amsterdam"
4 days in Amsterdam. Stay in hotel is definitely not the best part of visiting Amsterdam
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Roman
Good central location, plenty of shops and restaurants in the area. Tram service just across Dam Square takes you more or less anywhere in Amsterdam. The beds were not the best, very low and soft. Not for those with bad backs. The pillows were lumpy and very uncomfortable. We had a good size room but I noticed that some of them were fairly small. Good bathroom with plenty of hot water. Front dest staff were great and very friendly. The included breakfast was great, plenty of choices and the staff kept all the trays well supplied. Plenty of good hot coffee.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
Jackie B
"Nice hotel , excellent location,"
Very nice, clean, comfortable enough hotel in the excellent location. Close to all attractions, 10 min to train station. We were very pleased with breakfast, variety of food for any appetite, good coffee, excellent start for a day. Front desk is helpful, thank you Thomas! We will definitely stay in Rho again and recommend it to our friends
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Alla
"You Get What You Pay For"
Pretty much a dump, but right in the heart of things, and reasonably priced, so a definite give and take stay. Warning, wifi does not work in the rooms, which was a huge negative, being it's 2013.
2 night trip with friends Oct 7, 2013
The Rho is in a good location, and there are several great restaurants and stores within walking distance.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Location was excellent. Close to all must-sees. Room was clean however do not expect too much. Great for the money. Complementary breakfast was a tie breaker.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2013
Potluvers
"Excellent small hotel in a great location"
This is a great hotel for the money in a perfect location right on Dam Square. The rooms are very basic, but certainly adequate. The lobby is very nice, great breakfast and friendly and helpful staff
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
sailor
As we only stayed one night, a Friday night our room was upgraded to a suite. The WiFi works fine here. There is an elevator. The friendliness, service, and assistance of the staff were excellent.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"great location"
Very quaint hotel, great location, good breakfast, helpful staff. Only drawback was no air conditioning and it happened to be very hot when we visited.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Close to Most"
We enjoyed our stay very much with one exception. Be sure to get a room away from the alley. It was incredibly noisy until the early morning hours, so it made sleeping difficult. The staff is GREAT.
5 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Eleanor
"Good hotel, but ask questions"
The hotel staff let us check into our room at 9:30 AM and gave us the room that we had requested. Unfortunately, it turns out we asked for a room that is not air-conditioned, though some rooms apparently are. So, we had to put a table fan in the doorway to draw in some cool air from the hallway, which IS air-conditioned. We happened to be in Amsterdam on the hottest days of the year, and the table fan was not nearly enough. The bath accessories (shampoo and body soap) were in small packets which are very difficult to open in the shower, which did not have a shower curtain. Water from the shower very easily gets all over the bathroom floor. The hotel provides a great breakfast with a good selection of pastry and juices and breads.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Perfect Location and very clean"
I have been to Amsterdam and other areas of Europe before and had stayed in several hotels that were 4 star. One thing i have learned is the number of stars has no bearing on quality in Europe. The other hotels i have stayed at and paid a lot more for were consistantly musty and dingy like. This hotel has character and is very clean. Hands down it has the best free breakfast in the world. The employees work very had at breakfast to ensure everything is constantly replenished to ensure perfect service and a relaxing start to your day (A ton/variety of Food). The front desk staff were also extremely accomidating due to our early arrival time. The location is the absolute best in the city hands down no question about it. My wife and I went to the Van Gough Museum, Anne Frank house, Red light district, Ice Bar, etc.... and were able to walk to each place no problem which saves you a lot of money on transportation. Also, i found it to be very quite considering it is on dam Square.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Kyle
The reception area is very useful, with lots of comfortable chairs to relax in. WiFi worked perfectly from the reception area and the room (3rd floor), except the first night. Hotel lobby,(reception area) is quite breathtaking. It is the lobby of an old theatre. Breakfast was good, enough choices with freshly squeezed orange juice. The hotel has a very central location, ideal for any sightseeing or shopping trip to Amsterdam.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"Nice hotel in a great spot! Staff is really nice!"
We had a great time! Everything we needed was close and they have a bike rental right outside the hotel! Recommend the Sandeman Tour of the city
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
Aner
"good location and good coffee"
The Rho Hotel is well located just off the dam square, spotlessly clean, nice staff, a modest buffet breakfast and most important of all, good coffee, which is rare in hotels at any price - I was only there one night but was very happy with my stay.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Margaret
"Lovely spot"
Hotel in heart of Amsterdam... 50 ft from Dam Square.... close to everything... 5 minute walk to downtown shopping area. 25 minute walk to Anne Frank's house.... canal cruises only 5 minutes away... loads of cafes for lunch and dinner only feet away from the hotel's front door. Lovely room with all amenities. Clean and the windows open letting in fresh air. No air-conditioning could pose concern if hot weather.... fan can be supplied. Welcoming and very helpful hotel staff. We let them know we are light-sleepers son they made sure we had quiet rooms away from the street. Complimentary breakfast is great with all types of food in the buffet... hot and cold. We would have no hesitation at all in using this hotel again!
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
Don
"Excellent hotel"
Great location, 5 min walk to a train station, very helpful personnel, excellent breakfast served, very comfortable bedding, recommend
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
Alexandra
I have been to Amsterdam before; always for pleasure. My Room 433 was extremely quiet. Perfect size for a single person. Location was very good. I walked from train station and later walked to Rijks Mueseum, So many lovely areas.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
Friendly and competent staff. Room was small but clean and well furnished.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
been to amsterdam many times ,stayed at the rho 3 times now , like the clean, value for money hotel, and most off all i like the location, all my favorite shops and bars are near by .
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Great location!"
Great location next to Dam Square. Ten minute walk from the Central Station. Rooms were small and simple yet clean and comfortable. Quite good breakfast and Wi-Fi included.
Other trip May 21, 2013
VFB
We stayed for 4 nights during the installation of the new King and found the location to be ideal, with the Hotel just around the corner from Dam Square! Reception staff were very friendly and helpful, providing much appreciated information regarding sights, closures, and activities surrounding the festivities. The amenities of the Hotel were very good: included breakfast was very extensive and tasty, the WiFi worked well in the room, and the elevator was a real asset (one of the elevators was out-of-order for part of our stay, but the remaining elevator was operating). Lots of restaurants in the vicinity at all price ranges, and a grocery store is located within 2 blocks. Our room on the 2nd floor would have been very quiet at any other time, but the festivities of Queens Day made for an unusual amount of noise. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Rho, and would happily return there the next time we visit Amsterdam!
Other trip May 11, 2013
Good location, if you want a good night sleep, ask for a room over looking court yard. We asked to move which was done without a problem, as the room we had was over looking the side street, where bike rental place is, its very noisy at night due to people cutting thorough shouting, singing etc after their boozy night out! Reception staff very friendly :-) Breakfast was good tea, coffee, juice, breads, cereal fruits, eggs bacon etc
Other trip May 7, 2013
I was very happy with my stay at the Rho Hotel. I was there for 3 nights with my sister and we both enjoyed how centrally located it was, right of Damrak street and only 10 minutes walking from the Central Station, close to restaurants and the supermarket. My only complaint would be that I wished the hotel would have a better channel selection, choice of programming on the television. The staff were very friendly, always smiling, and on the first day there they gave us a layout of the city on the Amsterdam map. I would stay there again.
3 night family trip Apr 22, 2013
Staff were extremely helpful and motivated.
Other trip Apr 14, 2013
"Great for couples traveling"
The hotel was very centrally located at Dam square. The included breakfast offering was diverse enough for our group's needs. The staff were helpful with directions and recommendations for dinners. We enjoyed our stay there.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013