All hotels in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here380 Esplanade, Sydney, NS, B1P1B1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excellent Hotel and location"
Bike Rally 2014. Perfect! Perfect location. Staff were great. Rooms were amazing.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Big, spacious room. Great facilities. Roof top view was great. Breakfast was excellent.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Comfortable and convenient"
Staff were extremely efficient and courteous. Did find the décor was a little dated, however, the bed was extremely comfortable. Location is great and if you ask for a harbor view, you will be impressed.
4 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Harvey P
"A Very Good Place to Stay"
Its a good place to stay. The bed is very comfortable, rooms are clean and the location is good as well. I didn't find the free breakfast any good. Yes it is free but any Hampton Inn provides a better free breakfast. Also the breakfast ends at 9:30 but if you show up at 9:15 expect no food available.
5 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nice hotel in the heart of the downtown"
From the minute we walked in the door the staff was very friendly,they took care of your every need and all the staff were pleasant to talk to
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Sandra
"Hotel next door to boardwalk"
There's a gorgeous boardwalk right behind the hotel AND Governor's Pub and Eatery is a 5 minute walk away! The room we stayed in actually consisted of two rooms plus the bathroom. The main room was similar to a standard livingroom commonly found in people's homes. The bedroom with king size bed was very nice-bed was very comfy. I was surprised by this as I didn't pay for a deluxe type of room. Just a standard. This is their standard room? I'm not sure! Anyhow a great stay overall. No complaints.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Nice location, average breakfast and clean rooms.
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
I didn't get to spend a lot of time at the hotel since I was there for a friends wedding I was the maid of honor and had to do a lot of running around and the bride was at a different hotel. However the time I did spend at the Cambridge was wonderful clean bright and spacious and would stay again!!!!
3 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Steph
"Clean, comfortable & quiet"
Stayed 1 night with 2 children. Upgraded from double room to suite for $10 so the kids didn't have to share a bed. Infinity pool and hot tub on roof.
deb
"Awwww Relaxed"
We stayed at this hotel from June 23 - 26 and enjoyed every day there. Excellent hotel and staff who really take care of you. View from river side was impressive to say the least. Would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Had to pay for parking"
Nice hotel, adequate breakfast but expensive overall and parking extra was a big surprise!!!
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
E&G
Lovely views of the river, and food was very good in the restaurant. Good location with a board walk along the river.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Gorgeous waterfront location with amazing staff!"
I was in town for a conference. My luggage was "misplaced" by the airline and not expected to arrive until the next morning. The Cambridge staff consistently went out of their way to make sure that I had everything I needed. They were helpful, friendly, and super professional. The location on the waterfront was ideal for early morning and evening walks with lots of nearby shops for wandering. The room was cozy and clean. The bed, comfy!The buffet breakfast was all that I could have asked for. Overall, a wonderful few days. Would definitely stay again!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Convenient for the ferry."
There is no pool! They just have two dangerously hot hot tubs. The water temp should never exceed 104, and they were 105. NOT suitable for children, or pregnant women. Very disappointing, as we had booked that hotel to have a pool.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"restaurant food was grat"
relaxing
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Great suite"
Love Cambridge Suites Hotel. We had a spacious one bedroom suite. It was very comfy, clean and cozy. Great hot breakfast. Would definitely stay again and recommend it.
2 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2014
Prairie Travellers
"Not bad but,..........."
I really enjoyed the harbourview from my room. The suite, itself, was clean, spacious and well laid out. I appreciate having two tvs (as a parent of two young children). But, the breakfast was very disappointing, as was the fact that there was no pool, to speak of. There was a lap pool but, that doesn't cut it, really. Overall, the staff was nice and the location was great but, better food and proper swimming facilities are necessary if I am to return with my family.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"sudden passing of my father"
all the help in the world, great staff very, very helpful
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Comfy bed"
The hotel was easy to find and close to a great restaurant. The room was spacious which is a plus however the bathroom was a bit dated and small. Take an umbrella with you if you are driving as there is little shelter getting in/out of your vehicle in the driveway or the car park. Overall it was quite comfortable.
1 night trip May 19, 2014
Aussie travelllers
"Good location, good sleep!"
This hotel would have received 4 out of 5 except for the noisy room and the reluctance of the front desk to move us. There was a locked door to an adjoining room that allowed light to shine under the door into our room/ We could hear the people in the next room talking in normal voice levels, their TV, their phone ringing, etc. We didn't realize this until 11-12 PM, so there was little we could do until the morning. When we complained, the front desk first told us they were full. Then said they could move us to an upgraded room (at an extra charge.) When we persisted, they moved us without the extra charge. The new room was excellent. Quiet and comfortable! It had a great view of the harbour, a very comfortable bed, and all the amenities one would expect from a hotel of this caliber. The location is about as good as you could get in Sydney. The included breakfast was adequate, and normal for North American standards.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Very comfortable"
Great customer service. Quality hotel and room. Very nice breakfast buffet.
3 night family trip May 20, 2014
"beautiful water view"
check in fast and efficient. Staff very people friendly. Did an upgrade for $10/day to a suite with separate bedroom/kitchenette/water view. No funky smells. Great restaurants within walking distance. Walkers will enjoy the boardwalk. Complimentary breakfast was really good. Lots of choices. Would recommend
Other trip May 13, 2014
liketotravel6
"Weekend visit in a one bedroom king suite."
Room was Ok. The room was not nearly as nice as it looked on the website. Several years of poor drywall or plaster work was covered up with wallpaper that did a poor job of hiding what was underneath. The recycling and compost containers sitting in the middle of the room were out of place. The bathroom was nice and looked like it had been recently renovated.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"it was ok"
it was ok could of been better found the room very very small and no view it seem i payed alot for nothing
1 night trip May 6, 2014
A Anderson
I was there for work but brought my husband a lot with me. As I worked he enjoyed the large room. We ate at the Trio a few times and the food was excellent. The breakfast was ok but excepted with a contential. The beds were extremely comfortable.. I will be back 100%..
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
First impressions can be formed at the reception desk . The experience was positive as the attendant was cheerful and ckearly wished to communicate both verbally and nonverbally that the Canbridge appreciated my decision to stay at their place - rather than the another one up the street. During the stay , all staff we came in contact with were friendly - an indispensable quality in a sucessfully run hospitality business . The bonus was an excellent continental breakfast which is wrongly named. I and my friend had a terrific hot breakfast without an ingredient missing. So a stay marked by a great beginning at the desk to a hearty breakfast leaving. I'll be back.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
Reg Rankin
"Perfect stay for our hockey tournament, thumbs up!"
The accommodations we're excellent & the staff were very friendly & helpful. Our women's hockey team had a great stay & the continental breakfast was a bonus as we were always in a rush for our early morning games & it was so nice to just slip downstairs for a nice, hot breakfast & take a moment to enjoy the food & beverages while chatting with other hockey teams in town for the event. We'd will be making a future reservation with the Cambridge Suites in Sydney, NS in the future! Thanks for you hospitality & great shuttle service to all the events going on in the area.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Sues
"Beautiful view"
When we checked in I had inquired about whether or not we over looked the water from our assigned room. We did not however, we were told that for minimal dollars ($15 a night in my case) I could upgrade to a suite! We jumped at it since we were expecting family to visit us at hotel . The king bed was sooo comfy! The room was spacious , clean and very quiet even though there was a hockey tournament of small kids at hotel. The only disappoint was we didn't get to try the pool hot tub as kids overtook it. But having kids travelling with sports teams myself and March break I assumed this might happen. I don't know why others complained about free breakfast buffet. It had lots to choose: yogurt, bagels, eggs, ham , juice fruit ... We thought it was great! Would definately stay again!
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Tara
"convenient location"
Great place to stay. Excellent staff -- very helpful !!
4 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"Nice hotel near waterfront and shopplng"
great staff good breakfast and walking distance to great music at Daniels bar and best pizza napolies
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
betty
"Best spot in Sydney!"
The staff is always welcoming and helpful! Rooms are huge and comfortable. We travelled with a young infant and they offered a free playpen. And if you have time, check on the gym on the top floor! Best view around :)
2 night family trip Dec 8, 2013
"Best hotel in downtown Sydney"
Very comfortable suites with a nice king size bed...
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
I SPENT 4 NIGHTS THERE WHILE MY SISTER WAS IN HOSPITAL. UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
LINDA
The staff was helpful and pleasant we were allowed to have our dog with us without a hassle but we did pay an extra 25.00 for them to bring bowels and treats for our Bella but they were never provided, the room was clean and well prepared.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Awesome place to stay"
Cambridge suites were the best. The cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff was above and beyond. We would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Jean & Mike Devereaux
"It was OK"
The Hotel was OK, but I was surprised to learn that I had to pay for parking (in Sydney NS - really?) The Free Breakfast was somewhat disappointing - sub-par at best. Oh yes, the room was far too warm and therefore uncomfortable.
Response by Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney
Thank you GIS from Halifax. We appreciate your feedback and do hope that you can give us another try. Because we are in a downtown location, we've reserved a parking spot for you for a minimal fee compared to that of larger cities. You will be happy to know that we are upgrading our breakfast buffet to make it more appealing to our guests as well. With unseasonably warm temperatures this fall we do realize that we may need to extend the length of our air conditioner access into late fall so that our guests can be more comfortable. Thank you and hope to see you again! - Shannon
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2013
"Wedding"
The hotel was a very big disappointment. It is quite dated, the beds were too soft, room temp hard to control & there is a $7 per night parking charge,The restaurant was quite nice however.
Response by Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney
Thank you Jill for your feedback. You will be happy to know that we are doing some upgrades to the suites in the new year and we do hope you'll give us another try. We are glad that you enjoyed the restaurant as it is one of Sydney's most popular dining establishments. We hope to see you again Jill! - Shannon
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Jim G
"Very pleasant hotel - good location"
On arrival, the hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful. I loved the accommodation with the bedroom separate from the living room and the facilities in the room were great. The only negative factor was that the dining room food was institutional. I would definitely stay here again, but I would eat out.
Response by Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney
Thank you Sheelagh for your comments. We are so glad you enjoyed the spaciousness of our suites. We appreciate your comments about the restaurant as this helps us make things better. We are always changing our menu and hope you give us another try as Trio is one of Sydney's most popular dining establishments. We hope to see you again soon! - Shannon
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Sheelagh
"nice hotel overlooking sydney harbour"
excellent value for money, delicious breakfast buffet delivered to room at no extra cost, provided playpen for our daughter
Response by Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff is always willing to go out of their way to make sure our guests have everything they need to make their stay more comfortable. We look forward to having you stay with us again! - Shannon
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Celtic Escape"
The staff and the hotel was super.
Response by Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney
Thank you for your great feedback! Cambridge Suites does have the best staff that go above and beyond for our guests! We hope to see you again! - Shannon
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Having pet friendly was excellent."
Needed wheelchair accessible room but only room in the whole hotel was not available. Made due. Husband could but shower as a result. Staff did best to accommodate. Will stay again!
Response by Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney
Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad that you'll come stay with us again. Our suites are very spacious for wheelchair access and we make every attempt to make the stay as comfortable as possible for the guest. We have great staff that go above and beyond! Thank you, Shannon
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Nice hotel close to downtown."
We were in Sydney for a wedding so we were in the perfect location as we could walk to the wedding and the reception and we were able to go back and forth in a few minutes if need be. Lovely room!
Response by Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney
So glad Caroline that you enjoyed your stay while attending a wedding. Being downtown is a great location and within walking distance to many things. We hope you can stay with us again in the future! - Shannon
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Caroline
"Lovely stay at Cambridge Suites, Sydney, N.S."
We stayed there for two nights during the Celtic Colours festival. Our room was downstairs from reception area which was on main floor in back of hotel overlooking the bay. The room was perfect!! The bedroom was separate from the rest of the room, had 2 doors into it from the living room and 1 door from the bathroom. We liked the bathroom for the fact that the shower and toilet were in a separate room from the sink so that you could wash your face, brush your teeth etc while someone else was showering. The room also had a small kitchen area with sink, counter, cupboards, coffee maker, microwave and small fridge. Also living room and small dining area. Two large windows overlooking the bay (1 in living room and 1 in bedroom). The windows opened so we had fresh air coming in at night. The beds were comfortable and cozy. We had continental breakfast in the dining room each morning. It was fine and did us for what we needed (hot coffee, juice, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs one day, scrambled eggs the next, cereal, toast etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat!
Response by Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney
Thank you so much for your great comments and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! With great staff, suites, location and views, Cambridge is the preferred hotel in the downtown area. We hope to have you stay with us again! - Shannon
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Unusualgem
"You might wish to consider looking at alternatives"
At $200 (CAD) / night (in a small Atlantic city this is VERY expensive!), I certainly expected more. We came during the Celtic Colours Festival. When we checked in there were 5 staff at the front desk ... but the staff seemed capable of only checking in one person at a time (even though there are 3 computers for the five of them to work on). I might add that when it was (finally) our turn to check in, the employee made a point of saying: "oh, I see you booked with expedia, not with us". I knew of course that we would be given a room by the elevator with no view. I can live with that, but there was also a barking dog in the room beside us. And, of course, it just was not possible to move us. The fitness room is small and with two hockey teams staying there (with only 2 treadmills) I could not do my run in the morning. Breakfast was ridiculous - long line ups every morning, no available tables, and limited food choices. Fortunately, because I could not workout in the mornings, I was not hungry! They ran out of eggs every morning, as well as brown bread (only white bread available). We stayed 3 nights and the entire time there was only white bread. On the upside, if you are watching your weight, in addition to the brown bread and eggs running out, you will notice that cream for your coffee is only available in 1 or 2% milk (technically: no 'cream' available at all!).
Response by Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney
Thank you for your feedback as we do appreciate it so that we can make our guest experience the best one possible. Celtic Colours is a popular fall festival that brings in lots of people to experience the Cape Breton Culture. The fall can also be very busy with conferences and sporting events and because of that we are working to make the breakfast less congested during such busy times. We also have many guests book via Expedia and welcome those bookings and do not reserve "less desirable" rooms for that purpose. There are different rooms and suites that are bookable in different areas of the hotel. We will certainly welcome any requests and try our best to accommodate as we want our guests' experience to be the best experience no matter where the guest booked their room. We do hope you'll give us another try! - Shannon
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
"Very "civilized"!!!!"
The Wednesday evening welcoming function with complimentary wine, beer, and appetizers was MOST "civilized." The breakfast that was included in the room price was also delightful with a nice selection of cereals, breads, fruit, boiled eggs, yogurt, juice, and coffee. As for the room, it is well-appointed (microwave, fridge, dishes, cutlery, toaster, coffee-maker, etc.), and the entire hotel has been recently renovated in modern greys, blacks, and reds. A lovely place to stay!
1 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2013
A & R
"Cambride Suites extremely comfortable"
Room most comfortable. I particularly enjoy the separate bedroom and the comfy bedding
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
Maxine
"My experiences"
The check-in was fast and pleasant; ditto check-out. The morning buffet breakfast was FABULOUS. Room turned out to be a suite - with 2 queen beds in one room with TV; a sofa (Not pullout - but a real sofa!), stuffed easy chair, round oak table with 3 chairs, along with another TV in second room. The kitchen area had a refrigerator, microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker, utensils, etc. Lots of fluffy towels. It was more than I needed - but anyone could stay there for a week or too quite easily. One, only one, comment -- the bed was too soft, other wise a wonderful stay in a nice clean hotel with friendly staff
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Eleanor
"Recent trip to Sydney"
Took my elderly parents back to Sydney for a visit. We always stay at Cambridge Suites. They offer us all the room and convience for a nice stay.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"Nice view of the harbour"
Good location close to the water.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Kate
We really enjoyed our stay here. We arrived late the night of our stay, but were happy to find out that there was a 1 PM checkout which still gave us a chance to take advantage of the amenities, the great hot tub and sauna. Will be staying here again without a doubt!
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2013