All hotels in Ames, Iowa, United States of America
1325 Dickinson Ave, Ames, IA, 50014, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9477

I had a very nice stay. I will stay there again
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Ames
So glad to hear that you had a good visit in Ames, Iowa and at the Hilton Garden Inn. Please keep us in mind for your next trip.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
"Another great stay"
We have stayed at this hotel many times while in Ames visiting family. It is comfortable, clean and we like having a refrigerator in the room.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Ames
It makes us smile to hear we're your favorite hotel in Ames! We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.
4 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Barney
excellent services, extremely clean, quiet.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Ames
Carol, Thank you for the wonderful review! We hope to have you as a guest again soon. Thank you, Brittany Johnson Assistant General Manager
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
carol
"clean, friendly and accommodating"
Very clean rooms and lobby. Staff was very gracious and made our stay very pleasant.
2 night romance trip Apr 4, 2014
"A Quick Overnight in Ames"
I booked this hotel for one quick overnight in Ames, as I was there to see a friend in a show on campus. Overall, this was a great hotel for the money. Although I admit to having got a pretty good last-minute deal where (it appears) I paid about half price. Not sure that I would be as happy with it otherwise. Pros: Nice, new building. Facilities were very nice for Ames. Probably (I would guess) among the best in town. Staff was really, really nice. Cons: The reading chair in the room was incredibly uncomfortable. It wasn't something you would actually want to sit in and, well, read. Plus, it didn't face the TV -- it was next to it. So there wasn't really a casual place to sit and lounge other than the bed. Restaurant area looked nice. But breakfast seemed way too expensive. I understand that the Hilton maybe feels like they need to do something more upscale than the free breakfasts at other hotels -- but to charge as much as they were charging for something that (in all reality) was only marginally better than the free stuff seemed excessive.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
Charlie
"great stay"
very quiet rooms
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"anniversary trip"
The stay was fine. It is a good hotel, although our fee was high and it was not worth $159. The normal rate of $99 is perfect.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Jenny
"Would not recommend this hotel"
Bed was very hard and uncomfortable. Got home and noticed unauthorized charges on my credit card.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"overnite before campus visit"
First time at a Hilton. Room was nice but pool area was so steamy that my daughter could not swim because it triggered her asthma. Probably because of winter month but way to hot in there. We did not eat dinner at hotel (seemed pricy) so went out (not a better choice). Breakfast was good. Had to pay for it - bit pricy for a buffet. Prefer more items out then have to ask for. Omelets to order is great! Did not like asking for them to refil coffee and food at 7am.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Ames
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. We appreciate the details that you've shared. We will review them in our next staff meeting so that we may better care for our guests. We hope to see you again soon so that we may earn all 5 stars! Safe travels!
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
Dawn
"The Best Stay Ever"
Wow. When you walk in the door you are surrounded by beauty. Then greeted by the most professional and courteous staff. The room was immaculate. It has a fridge, microwave, and adjustable bed! The pool was warm and perfect just the right depth for my kids and I.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Diana
"Nice Hotel. Close to ISU campus."
It was O.K. Manager was very helpful with directions.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"Very nice stay"
Stay was very nice and staff was helpul and friendly, the only fault was the mattress was hard as a rock and somewhat worn down.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"College visit"
Restaurant service slow, garbage cans in dining area overflowing , no water pressure. Many hotels of equal nature include breakfast. Here its $10.95 and terrible...
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
"Close to ISU not near Hotel Row"
Our stay was awesome! Had the opportunity to see some ISU basketball players and even met the KSU head basketball coach. Love the location and friendly staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We even attended a collegiate hockey game that is located down the street about a mile. This is the place to stay in Ames that is not located east of Ames on hotel row. Even if you do not include the hotel breakfast, just down the street there's a great buffet at a local grocer that cannot be beat!
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2014
Ray
"Nice, comfy hotel for a weekend stay"
Our basketball team recommended we rent rooms here for us to stay while at a basketball tournament for the weekend. I loved everything about it other then breakfast wasn't included. You had to pay $10.50 per person or they had a la carte items. The hotel was nice. Staff was friendly and the doors were almost sound proof.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
happy camper
"New Year's Eve"
Great hotel, they accommodated us with connecting rooms with friends. Great service. They had a hard time keeping up with pool towels.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2013
Nate
"Christmas Tournament - Women's Basketball"
The staff was very friendly! The room was clean and it was located very close to the arena. Overall a great experience!
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Great place to stay
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Nice room but awful service"
Do not have housekeeper to do clean room during my parents stay in this hotel. I ask for several time, but they try to ignore customers' request.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"Happy"
Veey Happy
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
"Happy"
Veey Happy
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
"Close to area needed to be in"
Very nice....
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Deb S
Very satisfied with stay - will stay there again in future
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Cindy
"chior concert"
Very nice and quite stay. In a central location
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2013
"Clean and comfortable"
Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Easy access to university.
1 night business trip Nov 25, 2013
D.W. Howell
"Close to Iowa State"
Great room, quiet, clean with a nice whirlpool
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"BED WAS SO HARD: no slep at all"
as we checked out, I saw a small slip of paper in the envelope where the room keys were...contact us if you need your bed firmness adjusted...wish it would have been on a large note or told to us at the desk, we were miserable and could not sleep; hotel was clean, needed a little repair, not quite as convenient to our son's college dorm as previous choices
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
bobbi kiemen
Hotel is dirty. Not what I expect from Hilton.
2 night business trip Oct 12, 2013
Maridyth
"Hotel breakfast"
Bathroom floor was filthy.breakfast first was ok. Sat was terrible.. only do the breakfast buffet if you eat there..waIted 30 min for bacon
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Nicely remodeled since our last stay."
The hotel has had a make-over since we last stayed, June 2012. The staff was friendly and personable, our room was spotless and the stay overall was quite enjoyable.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Marge
"Location was just OK"
Hotel was acceptable, the bathroom had hair on the floor they did correct that issue. The food service in the hotel was TERRIBLE! Serving staff was overwhelmed, food was under cooked repeativly! Specifically bacon under cooked (three attempts) to have it served crisp.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"Good for 1 night"
I typically stay in Hilton Garden Inn and they are very nice. This was a great sized room with plenty of storage but the hotel is in need of a deep cleaning and update. I would not stay here if more than one night. Spots on the shower curtain, filthy fan buttons on the AC Unit and bathroom floor needed cleaning.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
S.L.
"Nice hotel...room services was hit or miss"
It was good...the only issue we had was room service not cleaning daily...other than that, the staff was friendly and the hotel was very nice
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"ISU Football game"
fine hotel fine location clean room courteous staff
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
William J
"Wonderful hotel"
We were very impressed with this hotel when we walked in. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Joyce and Gene
"great hotel for the money-$99.00 a nite"
one of the best locations in ames,has everything we were looking for! 2 dooble queen beds,fridge & microvawe in room,very clean & comfortable! indoor pool w/spa! look new & staff was friendly & helpful! EXCEPT MORNING OF CHECK OUT! even that we had do not disturb SIGN ON THE DOOR ROOM CLEANING PERSON WAS KNOCKING ON THE DOOR & ASKING US WHEN WE GONNA BE CHECKING OUT(W/2 HRS STILL WE HAD TO NOON TO CHECK OUT! NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN TO US BEFORE-VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! mentioned it to clerk in lobby during the check out-sorry just do not cut it for me in this case,just uncall for!!! very disappointed!!!
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
george
"Too Expensive"
I was not happy with the service. We asked for more towels and had to wait for over an hour to get them. This hotel is overpriced and does not even include a free breakfast.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Good, but not fantastic"
The hotel itself was really nice. Walking in with two kids I felt like we were staying at a hotel far more upscale than we should have been staying at, but it was very family friendly. The pool is far away from the rooms which was kind of a con since we have a two year old that was ready to leave the pool area and then had to walk forever back to our room. There isn't a great deal of anything besides apartments around the hotel. We had to drive awhile to get to any restaurants, but there is a gas station a block away which was handy. The room had a strange odor to it, but was very clean and comfortable. If it was just my husband and myself staying it would have been a great place, but for a family it was just okay.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Stacy
Stayed when we dropped our daughter off at college.....was very nice to have a nice, clean place to come home to after a hard day of moving her into her dorm.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Mauri
"Good hotel if going to Ames for college visit"
The hotel itself was fine. When we checked in we asked for their best room available with two queen beds. When we got to our room it was fine except that it looked out over the highway. We asked to be switched to a different room and they were very pleasant about it and accommodated us. I guess when I ask for the best room available I would hope that I wouldn't be looking out over the highway. I should say that this is not a hotel with any great views, but I would rather overlook a green courtyard and parking lot than a highway. There is a button for room service but no room service menu - when I booked this hotel I was under the impression that they had room service with limited hours.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Came into town for a wedding. Clean hotel."
Check in was easy. Room location was good. And hotel looks very new.newsgroups
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"good location"
the location was good as we were close to hwy 30 and it was easy to find restaraunts and such from the hotel. Bed was not comfortable for me as it was a little too firm, but overall the hotel was very nice.
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2013
"pretty good"
It was a 8 nights stay, good place to stay, would recommend to others
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Archer
"Nice hotel for 1 day trip"
We had a one night stay so my daughter could visit Iowa State University. Everything during our stay was great! If my daughter decides to go to Iowa State we will definitely stay again.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Kerri
"Great experience"
Only wish what is included with the regular breakfast buffet was explained a little clearer.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Hilton, Ames, Iowa"
Great location for visit to Iowa State. Beautiful Lobby, cordial staff at breakfast. Room was clean and met expectations. Would stay there again next time in Ames.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"Short Stay"
Hotel staff were very helpful and responsive. Breakfast service was easy to use and very good.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"College visit to Iowa State"
The rooms were amazing. Comfortable beds, clean, plenty of room. They need a different brand of coffee for the rooms, it wasn't strong enough. That was my only complaint! (0:
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
ruth
"Good value in Ames, Iowa"
We stay in Ames a lot. We find, for the price this is their best value. A little more than some hotels but cleaner, safer, and more comfortable and close to ISU.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"Just okay"
Just okay. Nothing special. Pool smaller than expected, but it was fine. Only real complaint was breakfast. Hotels.com website stated that breakfast was complimentary. After we ate, I found out it was $10.95 per person! Part of the reason that we decided on this hotel over others was for the free breakfast. Luckily they did not charge for the kids, so it worked out okay, but it was a disappointment.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2013