All hotels in Kowloon, Hong Kong
No.968 Canton Rd.Mong Kok, KowloonHong Kong, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.5
    2.7
"Reasonable room without the frills"
Harbour Hotel is in a semi-industrial area of Kowloon in Hong Kong. It is close to Nathan Road and to Mong Kok markets, good for shopping. Once inside the hotel lobby, check-in was quick, just be aware you need to pay HK$200 deposit, get it back when you check out. I had room 301, small single room at the back of the hotel. It was quiet. The room itself was one room plus a reasonable size bathroom. It's a bathroom where shower, wash basin, and toilet are all in one room so everything gets wet. A bit of a nuisance. The walls in the main room are a bit dirty, showing it is probably old. Air-con works ok, cools the room down ok. There is hardly any storage space for clothing, just one small cupboard. There is a reasonable size tv, just 5 or 6 local channels. The wi-fi in the room was excellent, very good reception and fast. Breakfast is in a small dining room, a typical Chinese meal, choice of set menus, A, B, C and D. Simple food like congee and noodles. Some western style toast, eggs, and a banana. Overall I would stay at this hotel again.
2 night trip Oct 8, 2014
Kenneth
"Good value - close to Monk Kok metro station"
For the price, this is a very well located, clean hotel. The staff were friendly and it is a 5 minute walk from Mong Kok MRT station. The breakfast was very disappointing but good, local cafes are easy to find.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Bridget
"location ok"
hotel ok
6 night trip Sep 16, 2014
linda
"Central and great position to see the local people"
Walking around the local streets and sampling the Hong Kong day to day life.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Not a hotel to recommend to anyone"
I don't think I will stay in this hotel again. I was shocked when I went to the café for my breakfast. I expected buffet style breakfast, but it wasn't. Instead, menu with 4 breakfast sets were shown, and I couldn't order more. I was told only 1 person is allowed to have 1 set. And don't be mislead by the map shown on the website. There is actually a shorter way to/from the MTR but I don't know why this shorter route isn't on the website. Airport bus to the airport is actually a short walk from the hotel, but the hotel staff directed me to a longer route.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Snow
SG
"Close to shopping district and very accessible."
The location of the hotel is its main attraction; otherwise there is nothing else that is really enticing for someone to choose to stay there. The room for a single occupant is just too small. Imagine I cannot even put my luggage flat down on the floor and had to place it on the chair in order to open it.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
CY
SG
"Good for backpack stay/short trip"
If you have high tolerance for shabby place, cramp up space, this is not a bad place. It is very very near to markets (flora, ladies), also near shopping malls(Langham Place) and just a 5 mins walk from Mongkok MTR. There is a little tea house just opp, best for breakfast!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Ernest
"A budget hotel"
Good location to shopping areas and MTR
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
PH
"Good location hotel"
Very small room,as people say" you get what's you pay for"Breakfast is boring. Difficult to locate the hotel at first. Good for low-budget travellers,compare to hostels. (with private bathroom)
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Travel-lover
"Waterfall"
Took a while to locate the hotel as most taxi drivers are not familiar with this hotel. One bad experience is that the air condition has water leaking down the wall on to the floor in front of the bed. I had to put a floor mat at night so that it will not flood the floor! The whole floor mat was wet the next morning.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Hester
very negative. The service is bad. You felt not welcome by front desk when checking-in and out. The WIFI is disconnected all the time. The showering water is either too cold or too hot. You can't make long-distance phone call in this hotel. No outlet converter if you want charge your cell phone battery. The free breakfast is very very bad, almost nothing. You don't have blank sheet but only a thick and warm quilt for you in the hot summer. I wish to give a rate Zero if I have this option in the survey.
3 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
Rex
"Noisy, overpriced and ill-named"
First of all, they might as well call the hotel "Golden Sands Beach Resort" or "Mountain View Alpine Lodge" for all it has to do with the harbour. The rooms were small, but this was stated in the hotel's entry on hotels.com so the size is not a cause for complain. Just bear in mind that 8.5 m2 is a very, very small room... The bathroom was minuscule, but well laid out and functional. It also appeared to have been redone recently and it was well kept, unlike the actual room which could do with a layer of paint. My main gripe with this hotel was the quality of sleep they provided. The corridors have flint-hard acoustics and there is a 1.5 cm gap between the door and the floor, so you will hear each and every sound on the floor. The doors had this strange buzzer going off when opened, so you will have full control over the comings and goings on your floormates. Add to this yelling, running, maids slamming cupboards and whatnot - suffice it to say that you can forget about sleeping in. The hotel is not the priciest in Hong Kong, but based on the overall experience I still daresay it is overpriced. Plus points for friendly and helpful staff, fast wifi and vibrant neighborhood.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Good and bad"
Location is great, within minutes to ladies' market and all the shopping area. However, room was exceptionally small, and squeezy. It'll be ok if you don't intend to stay in the room all the time. Beds are clean too. Breakfast spread was the very basic kind - one hard boiled egg, one banana, then you choose between a few sets (which i usually choose macaroni soup). cordial orange juice flow is very slow. i can go toast my bread and the cup is not even filled up. the hot water is terrible too - it's either too hot, or too cold. on one night, we didnt have hot water so we asked the front desk and they said too many people showering, and told us to shower later. i dont think it's acceptable. i'd rather stay at pop hotel next door, if it was available when i book.
4 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Still ok"
Room is small however it is not dirty. Value for money. Suitable for people who only use the hotel for shower and sleep.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"terrible stay"
Location - Good, near Mongkok MTR but not recommendable for single female traveller as the hotel is sandwiched between those hardwares..shops which closed at night time and the lane is quiet or with workers hanging ard. only comfort was that there is a food stall selling fresh oysters/sashimi at the corner when walking back to hotel. Room - Small is ok but the walls are dirty with black stains.....not sure if there was renovation but I heard piling sound which started at ard 10pm during my 4 nights stay. heater is not working
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
1 Traveller
SG
"Services very bad & not manners"
Centre location, 10 mins walking distance to MRT. Lobby reception especially male staff services very bad,
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2014
Sylvia
"The location good"
Never choose this hotel, except no more hotel in this area!
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
patrick
MY
"Own experience (My HK trip was Nov 2013)"
This is the 2nd time I went to HK. 1st time with friend (previous hotel booked by friend). This time round, I booked this hotel gg with my family members. Room is clean but it was too...... small. To fully open a luggage (Check-in type) in a room for 2, u already blocked the walkway. Water Heater took too long to adjust to the correct temperature (I understand that different people adjusting to the temperature of the water is different but it's just not friendly). The wardrobe is a half-length cupboard mounted on the wall. The second day, I was queuing at the counter to ask for assistance for direction, the group of Guests in front of me apparently also make the same feedback so I also didn't bother to talk about it at the counter. From their conversation, I personally felt that nothing will change even if I make the same feedback. To add on, I've been to busiest cities like Tokyo, Seoul, HK before so I know that space are "precious" but to this extend is quite a shock to me.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Ace
SG
Hotel Location is great n very convenient to go anyway.. I stay for 7 days there,i shower used to cold water,since second day we already have feedback that our room water heater no function option is cold water option 2 is in very HOT water condition.. but after technician coming end up the result also still same. so in that 7 days i shower in cold water no matter the weather is hot or cold, is day or midnight.
6 night trip May 18, 2014
JT
"Cosy, clean, very nice and also affordable."
Needed a hotel whilst I was on my HK holiday yet couldn't go broke doing it. There is so much value for money in this hotel, wifi included (which was fast!), breakfast each day, air conditioning and little things like bottles of water in the room, as well as coffee and fresh towels and room service each day. The room isn't big, but it's Hong Kong! I didn't feel claustrophobic at all in my room (I did have 2 windows). It's about a 5-10 minute walk to the MTR station, this took longer the first time I went there trying to find it haha. But it's right in the heart of the action of Kowloon which is lovely to walk out on when you start your day. Most of all the room was very clean and modern and the staff gave me lots of help finding the quickest route to get dinner on the night I arrived.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Good location, but not quite comfortable"
The room is too tiny that you will feel that you cannot even stretch your arms. Also the ventilation is not good, I think. I felt quite tired when staying inside the room. The breakfast provided was simple, however the service of the waitress was good.
2 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
"rusty motel"
this is a very rusty motel and probably worth a bit less than it charges. The room was so cramped that when my luggage enters the room, I can't get through, so i ended putting my luggage on the bed and slept along side it.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2014
"Claustrophobic"
Cleanliness of hotel was fine however For $122 AUD per night, it was not worth it. The room was claustrophobic. I could barely move in the bathroom without hitting myself on the wall/surfaces. They should def lower their rate.
7 night trip with friends Mar 3, 2014
Traveller
"Not clean"
Was in a reasonably good location, not too far from the Mong Kok station (but be aware if you are travelling from the airport via the metro the closest exit does not have an elevator- can be difficult if you have a lot of luggage). The room was tiny, so small that the door couldn't be shut unless I place my luggage on the bed. On my first day of arrival, the bath mat was soggy, the toilet was soiled and the bedsheet had marks (which I hope are just permanent stains, rather than residue of previous guest). When I complained, they got me a new bathmat but got told to just flush the toilet and the bedsheets will be changed when the cleaners are around the next day (which they never did anyway). The so-called 'free wifi' was very slow and access often halted due to their system not having the capacity to respond to so many users at once. Breakfast was ok, just not of my preference. Overall, what could have been an ok stay ruined by the first impression and failure of prompt service
3 night trip Mar 5, 2014
NZ
"Really small room/shower"
Keep the toilet roll at one corner because the shower will wet it.
4 night trip with friends Feb 12, 2014
B. Teo
SG
Very good location but very small hotel For 1 person ok for 2 people should only b for 1 night
3 night trip Feb 3, 2014
Shane
"Good Location"
Price is reasonable especially when it right in Mongkok. Friendly reception. Rooms are small but comfortable. Only lacking is the tv channels and a fridge.
2 night trip with friends Jan 26, 2014
Hanxiang
SG
Nothing amazing. Location was about 5 min walk from Metro Station and in very good location. Breakfast was terrible.
2 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2014
Marc
"Compact And Functional"
The location is next to everything you would desire as a tourist. Bus to airport, MTR, street shopping, mall shopping, night life and of course FOOD! The rooms are very functional despite there size, although not suitable for families or people with much luggage. The double beds are 2 x singles zipped together and the view non existent. But who cares about these minor hassles! In Hong Kong your purpose is shopping & eating. Talking of eating - the "continental" breakfast is basic (spaghetti soup / slice of ham / slice of bread/ boiled egg / banana ) yet a filling start for a day of much walking. For the prices charged, I would highly recommend this hotel to solo travellers & young couples. Value - 7/10
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Not for the next trip. It is smaller than a chicken cage.It should be delisted from your website if you are going to maintain your credit worthiness.
2 night trip Dec 17, 2013
"clean"
good
4 night trip Dec 3, 2013
mun
"close to the hospital"
I needed to be close to the Kwong Mah Hospital. It's a good cheap place to crash for the night.
1 night trip Dec 9, 2013
AL
"comfortable overall service."
room cleans, a little bit small but comfort.
4 night trip Dec 3, 2013
mun
"Good location, english speaking staff"
The staff provided adequate service and spoke english. The rooms were tiny and had a strong smell. (Not a bad smell, just a strong one.) The breakfast was mediocore. The surrounding area has many markets - mostly food however is located close to shopping areas and the ladies market.
3 night family trip Nov 24, 2013
"Small yet clean hotel"
Location Hotel is Close to Mongkok Train station n bus stops. Near mongkok shopping district. Very convenient. Cleanliness Hotel room is small but clean. Satisfied. There is small space to place 4 bags of luggages. Internet connection (wifi) Wifi connection is often disrupted for unknown reason unless you are at lobby Friendly & helpful staff You can talk to them. Ask them About tourist spot or where to eat etc. Or even talk about politics. HK ppl are expressive.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
"Not to be recommended"
I am told that all hotels in Hong Kong have small rooms - well this hotel must have the smallest. It was only just possible to get fit my case at the end of the bed and logistically impossible to work in the room at the desk provided. The breakfast was an unforgettable experience - large 2l tubs of margarine and instant coffee, white bread, and a mandatory banana with one 4 set meals. The one I tried was pretty bad so on days 2-5 I went elsewhere. The wifi was pretty poor. The staff were pleasant albeit perfunctory. My view is that whilst this is cheap it is worth paying more for more comfort. The location is interesting and lively, close to a lot of markets and nightlife.
5 night business trip Nov 16, 2013
M John
"Very close to Mongkok"
The staffs are very nice. The hotel is very near to Mongkok MTR and is a walking distance to many attractive places like, Ladies Street, Fa Yuen Street. It is also near a shopping mall with H&M in it! It is really not that bad after all!
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
Ena
SG
Location is good but the single room is so small.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
Isl
"Excellent location, reasonably priced"
My second stay in this hotel, since I went alone (to visit hk friends), I preferred a place where it's easily accessible(mtr) and along streets that are always bustled with people so it's safer for me to return late at night.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
Cheryl
SG
Most hotel receptionists are polite. Also, this hotel will usually grant customer 1 free continental breakfast on the next day and the chef is nice enough to give you more food without extra charge if you are not full enough after eating the regular breakfast amount.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
Chau
"Horrible experience!!!!"
Harbour Hotel was a horrible experience for us. In fact, the hotel condition was so bad that we couldn't even stand staying in the hotel for 1 night. We ended up forgoing the money that we had already paid for and booked another hotel. First of all, the hotel locates in a very busy street. It was very difficult to find a car park nearby to unload our luggage. We had to walk and hand carry our luggage for a fair distance. We were told by the hotel staffs that taxi drivers don't normally come in to this street to pick up because of inconvenient location. Secondarily, the room was dirty. There was lots of hair on the bed and the deck. The carpet looked revoltingly disgusting. Thirdly, there was no service or assistance provided by the hotel staffs. They (3x) watched us struggle with our luggage the whole time and didn't offer any help. They refused to make a taxi booking for us because taxi wouldn't come. They told us to walk 3 blocks with the luggage to catch a taxi and ask the driver to drive to the hotel. They either offered help with any luggage or taxi booking. Finally, the room was tiny. I know space is limited in Hong Kong, but there was literature no room in the BR for any luggage. We were told to leave our luggage down in the main reception we we checked in because there is limited space in the BR. I was surprised to hear that. When I saw the actual room itself. There is just room for 1 double and nothing else. I will never ever return to this hotel!!!
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Steph
"Decent & Reasonable"
When in HK do expect rooms to be small. With that in mind my review will not be about the size of the room. Overall the room was clean, and comfortable. The front desk staff spoke English and was very helpful in explaining any questions asked. Breakfast and wireless Internet is also included, but above all the most important factor for me is the location. The hotel is just less than 10 mins walk from Langham Place and MongKok MTR station. There are numerous shops nearby which includes a few grocery shops, 7 eleven and fast food joints.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
Joshua
MY
Hotel was a great place to stay if you were interested in the real hong kong. There was a amazing local Market in the same street. The staff were lovely friendly and very helpful
3 night trip Oct 31, 2013
Katrina
"Basic but great location"
Basic hotel in a great location. The staff were helpful, the breakfast was rudimentary, the rooms are tiny (but as per the photos on the website, so no surprise), but overall it was as expected at this price point and location.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Conrad
NZ
"Good Location - Tiny Rooms"
Hotel Central HK just off Nathan Rd, rooms very small, bed was blocking the door. Bathroom was small with a shower that soaked the sink and toilet, bit weird.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Sham
"Cheap and clean"
A clean and tidy hotel in a handy location in HK. Very quiet. Room was smaller than we expected, with very limited storage space....probably our fault for expecting too much. Manager and staff were very friendly and helpful. Amenities very limited.
2 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Barry
"Only stay if there is no other choice."
This was a very subpar "guest house" and would not recommend staying here unless you could find nothing else. The rooms are tiny but expected for Hong Kong. The issue with the rooms is the general uncleanliness. The walls are dirty, paint is peeling off the walls and ceiling, and the door trim is being held on with tape. The air conditioner is adequate once it finally turns on but the wait in a hot room is not pleasant. To list off a number of other things: the deposit must be paid in cash, the door key was problematic, there was a total of 4 tv channels, and most importantly the shower could not be set at a moderate temperature. The temperature would only vary from scalding to freezing.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Dom
"QUICK STOP"
ONLY GOOD FOR OVERNIGHT STOP MAX 2 DAYS. LOCATION GOOD. DO NOT EXPECT TOO MUCH FOR THE PRICE BUT IT IS CLEAN. IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF LUGGAGE IT IS NOT SUITABLE.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
HUDDY
"Room is too small"
The room for this hotel is very small and the rate is high and if possible the room rate should be lower.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Kftray
"Well Location"
Room size is smaller (in expectation) No small refg to provide(un-expecation) and the bathroom Accessories in bad conditions.
3 night trip Oct 12, 2013