All hotels in San Juan, Puerto Rico
1149 Magdalena Ave Condado, San Juan, 00907, Puerto Rico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"close to Old San Juan but not as expensive"
I have back issues but the bed was ok. It didn't cause more problems. The room was simple but clean. The only problem we had was the shower. The first night we had cold showers. The second night I took a cold shower but my husband figured out that the hot was in the middle if you turned the handle to the right or left it was cold. I hope this will help the next person who has that room. We were right next to the pool. Most of the people that were at the hotel were nice only one person was not as helpful but I think she was just shy. We found some nice places to eat one was from a recommendation from the desk clerk. One we found in the hotel guide book called Buns. The last night my husband wanted comfort food. One of the best hamburgers I have ever had. While we were there the surf was rough and the taxi driver had told us about the calmest area to swim by the bridge called Playita del Condado. I rented snorkeling gear for less than three quarter pounder meals for one hour from the hotel. I just had to give them my driver's license. We, also, rented a lounge chair for the price of quarter pound meal. Because of the rough sea you couldn't see more than five feet in front of you but they had done work to make some reefs. I saw plenty of sea creatures that made it worth it. Bringing water shoes would have been nice when I didn't have the flippers. Oh, the TV is limited. We usually were back in the room by 9 but there is plenty of night life in the area.
2 night trip Nov 10, 2012
old marry couple
Nice hotel, very simple room. Great staff, helpful and friendly. We would definately stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 3, 2012
"Okay for people looking to save money."
If you're looking for a hotel to spend the night and save some money, this hotel will workbfor you. There is no continental breakfast or dinner. The staff are very friendly and helful. They have a parking lot on the back of the building thats 5 bucks for your hotel stay. Again, not bad if you're looking for a place just to spend the night.
Other trip Oct 30, 2012
Flacco10
"Great value and location"
Perfect location close to a beach and a Walgreens. Lots of nearby food and bars. Located On a Quiet block.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
Dom
"Good budget option convenient to Condado."
My only real complaint about this hotel is that it doesn't provide any toiletries. Also, while we had very hot water in our sink, we had no hot water in our shower. Otherwise, this is a great budget hotel, very convenient to restaurants and shops in Condado. Also, it has a lovely pool and hot tub.
Other trip Sep 25, 2012
"small quiet and convenient"
Perfect location 10 min from airport nice small motel in the middle of great food very close and the small pool in back is very nice. We go to PR a lot and will make this our regular PR hotel.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012

"Nice hotel, close to dinning areas."
Friendly and helpful staff. We were 3 couples registered to overnight at the hotel to get on Carnival Cruise Line - Valor. Initially we all could not access our rooms because of a lock issue...the battery died on the card locks. It was quickly changed after 3 tries. The manager was very helpful, got it rectified pretty quickly and give us all a gift of a charm for our Pandora bracelet.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Marilyn
"Our 1 night at the hotel before the cruise"
The hotel was in an area that was not very nice. The room was clean but there were things that did not work like the chain of the toilet kept coming off and I had to flush manually. Other in our party their telephone did not work. There was no restaurant in the hotel. It was very small.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Hotel needs some work"
We arrived late at night and were checked into a very tiny room-maybe the last one left. It was disappointing considering the price and had it not been so late we would have requested something else. The maintenance was poor-exposed wires in the bathroom and minimal features. Thankfully it was only booked for 1 night.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Great little hotel. Wonderful location in the center of evreything. We enjoyed the many excellent restaurants nearby including an authentic Patisseria only 5 minutes walk away. Nice staff, very helpful. The only problem was a very noisy airconditioner.
3 night trip Apr 16, 2014
MX
Hotel is close to lots of restaurants and things to do
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
SW
Hotel Le Consulat is right in the heart of the Condado. It is handy to restaurants, Walgreen's, dining, and night life.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
MX
Was very satisfied with our stay. We will definitely consider staying again. The only suggestion that I have is that a small continental breakfast would be appreciated by your patrons. Many people are in a hurry to catch flights or get to a cruise and don't have time to go to a restaurant. The staff was very informative.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"centrally located"
Overall good value for the money. An earlier check-in time would have been better 1pm would be better than 3 pm. It would have been nice to have an ice machine on every floor. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Location was walking distance to Walmart and Ponderosa for lunch.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
"Excellent location, worn out & neglected property."
The rooms are minuscule with absolutely nothing to see from any of the windows, we were in 2 different rooms. The pool was tiny and cute, but the pool area & furniture was dirty and neglected. The room on the third floor had worn out furniture, pillows were hard as a rock, and the floor was only spit cleaned. I didn't want to put my foot in the shower because of grungy grout, there's no tubs in the rooms. It was one night, so we sucked it up. We had previously booked another room for our return from a cruise, and asked for a view of the pool or street. We got an even smaller room in worse condition, but with it's own walled in dirty patio, works if you're a smoker. There was no place to put anything on. There was No desk, table or counter in the entire room or bathroom. Just a 4" wide shelf under the wall mount TV. Things were missing from both of the rooms as well, like face cloths, soap, blankets. Don't stay on the 1st floor rear, all the noise from the front desk whips down the hall and right in, but the Wifi doesn't.
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
Chrystal
lost of things to do in the neighbourhood(shopping, restaurants, beach 2 blocks away). We booked a queen bed, but it was a double, (perhaps that is a queen in puerto rico). All in all, it was a nice place, clean, and in a good neighbourhood.
1 night trip Mar 17, 2013
"Boutique Hotel"
A Boutique Hotel (24 rooms). 2 Blocks away from the Beach. Comfortable but the A/C was a little on the loud side. Beautiful Courtyard with a small pool. Lots of restaurants in the area from routine souvenir shops to high end stores (Gucci, Coach etc.). For the cost per night it was great
Other trip Jan 28, 2013
Jim 1
"Friendly"
The staff were very welcoming, helpful, and accommodating. We were able to leave our luggage at the hotel, while we went.sight-seeing prior to going to board our cruise. They were able to direct us to a wonderful local place for dining. The room had a large outdoor area (more than a patio), and the pool area was well maintained - a little noisy with the waterfall, but clean and accessible.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012

"Good value, good location"
Good location,in downtown. 24 hours coffee available in dining room. Free shuttle to the airport and to habour for cruise . Very big family room. Good value.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
SE
Todo está muy bien excepto por el estacionamiento
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
"Excelente Ubicacion, Economioco, Buen Sevicio"
Perfecta
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Muy bueno"
Excelente la ubicación y los servicio que hay alrededor, bueno para conocer San Juan
3 night business trip Aug 31, 2013
"Standard Hotell"
Stannade endast 1 natt. Ok för priset. Hade fått högre betyg om de inte gjömt att spola rent dusch draperiet som var fullt med hår. Ett standard Hotell med närhet till restauranger, shopping & kort promenad till stranden.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
DK

TripAdvisor reviews for Le Consulat, Ascend Collection Hotel

"Stay far.. far.. Away!"
08/13/15 TheTopInspector Charleston, South Carolina
This was the worst hotel I ever stayed in! I stayed here about 2 years ago and it was not the perfect property but was far better than what I experienced this stay! The hotel has NO PARKING whatsoever! Check in time should be changed to 6pm AND they should include "BYOT" Bring Your Own Towels on their website and heck even include "BYOI" Bring Your Own Ice on the website as well!! I arrived at the property a little past 3 and tried to check in and was told the rooms are not clean b/c the cleaning staff did not show up, ok I will get something to eat and come back in about an hour. Came back in an hour and the rooms still were not ready... Rooms finally ready at 6pm, get to the room and NO TOWELS!! I call the front desk and NO ANSWER, I walk down the hall and no one in sight, I go upstairs and find the front desk agent and ask him for towels and im told "WE DIDNT GET THE TOWELS BACK" WHAT!?! The hotel sends the towels to the Howard Johnson to get cleaned. Ok great... go back to the room, take a shower and use my beach towel to dry off... I hear a knock at the door and its another employee and he pulls out wash towels from a Wal-Mart bag and hands them to me... Are you kidding me?!? I leave and go for dinner and get back at 10 and still no towels... Never recv'd towels until the following day at around 10pm!! Want ice? Forget about it... they send you to a room by the stairs to get ice out of a freezer... the freezer is disgusting and the ice is a bag of ice bought from the walgreens down the street... I called Choice Hotels the morning after check in and spoke with Tom in Customer Relations, I told him what was going on at the property and he told me there was nothing he can do until I check out!!!! What is the purpose of having a Customer Relations dept???? Every other hotel brand would have called the property to help resolve the issue, but not at Choice Hotels!!!! I stayed at this property for 2 nights, 1 night too many only b/c I used my points and it was non refundable and almost all other properties were sold out b/c of the Puerto Rican holiday. I left a message for the manager to call me... he never called, I called 2 more times and no response. I called Choice Hotels Customer Relations and have to wait 5 days to have the hotel respond back. Choice Hotels obviously cares more about their owner operators b/c that is how they make their money from the licensing fees the owner operators pay to Choice Hotels... Bad Business!!
"Not worth it for me"
08/03/15 Cynthia Eduardo H Toa Alta
No parking, breakfast was included which was nice, employees nice. Negatives: Toilet tank would not stop taking water. Then it wouldnt flush. The shower went from scolding hot to freezing cold with stream of water wetting everything around me except me. The ac apparently was on some timer we could not shut off. Everytime it turned on it woke me up. Barely got any sleep. Would not stay here again.
"Small hotel / Not boutique"
07/31/15 IT_Professor Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Great location but problems with the parking spot since its very small and located on the other side of the block. Near Walgreens Pharmacy and various food and drinks option. Really near the Condado Beach (5min walk.) Rooms are small. Staff is not trained but will help.
"A Nice And Affordable Boutique-Miniamalist Hotel In Condado"
07/08/15 Gregory W Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
This is a Great hotel for those of you who are not loyal to chain hotels, are okay with minimal amenities or are traveling on a budget but still want a decent room in a great location with staff that will cater to your needs. Customer Service: EXCELLENT. From Check-In To Check-Out... I was given exceptional service... The 5-Star hotels can learn a thing or 2 regarding customer service from these young men that run this property. (Thanks to Carlos and all of the front desk staff, the breakfast cooks and the young man that did an exceptional job cleaning my room on a daily basis - You Guys Are Awesome!!!) The Room: Small but clean, the furniture is dated but operable. The bathroom is a nice size and there was plenty of hot water and air conditioning that worked great. Real Breakfast Everyday (not continental). The hotel is also in the process of renovations and upgrades. Amenities: Coffee Maker and Coffee, Bottled Water(no additional cost), Safe(I did not use it), iron and board. No Microwave or Fridge. Location: Fantastic. A block away from the Condado beach, restaurants, casinos and nightclubs. Also, if you are into the LGBT nightlife, all of the happening clubs are less than a 10 minute walk. Give this hotel a look and consider this property for you boutique/minimalist and budget conscious travelers that want to stay in the Condado Area.
"Lovely Stay"
07/05/15 AbqErica New Mexico
Located about a five minute walk from the beach and "main drag" of the Condado area of San Juan. Le Consulat is clean, modern, and everything that you need. the rooms were spotlessly cleaned, spacious, and the beds were comfortable. The hallways are not air conditioned, but
"Not sure about this hotel."
07/04/15 djfuzzyjames Missouri
I have waffled back and forth on how many stars to give this hotel. We stayed 1 night pre- cruise and 1 night post cruise. In the descriptions it is described as a boutique hotel. I think it missed the mark on being a boutique hotel. The first night we arrived around 10:30 pm. The clerk at the desk was nice enough and got us checked in fast. We also filled out an order for breakfast, giving our room number and what time we would like to eat. You get to pick what filling you want in your crepe and it comes with oatmeal, toast, fruit etc.We were on the 3rd floor and the room was nice(ish) and clean.Bottled water was provided, which was much appreciated. However, the air conditioner was really really loud. Also, we kept hearing doors slamming throughout the night. I thought people were just being rude till the next morning when we discovered that to get your door to latch you have to slam it. We went to breakfast at the specified time and there was a large group of people already there.Most of them had already been served.They had fruit and everything that was supposed to come with the meal. My husband told the guy fixing breakfast our room number. He didn't have our order but said he would start on it. We waited and waited and waited. I finally went to finish getting ready for the day and went back. My family was just getting their crepes. Mine was still not done, I finally got my food. But we got nothing else that went with it. My husband and I had to split a cup of juice. Also, the people at the next table had to repair their own table It was so wobbly it was about to fall over! At this point I would have left this place an one or 2 star rating. Post cruise-- Again the clerk was nice and stored our luggage for us till check in time, called us a cab etc. We had to leave extra early to catch a flight the next morning and he assured us we would get breakfast. We had a very nice larger room with a private patio on the first floor and a quieter air conditioner. But again it fell short. The shower curtain needed to be washed badly and a towel ring with a real towel not just one washcloth on the counter would be nice by the sink.The next morning we did indeed get our breakfast, though the guy still did not have an order for us and seemed more interested in talking on his phone. As we left the clerk asked if we had gotten everything for breakfast that we were supposed to. We had not mentioned our experience the 1st time, so I assume other people had complained and they were fixing the problem. The clerk called us a cab and even told the cabby we were in a rush to the airport. So it wasn't the most horrible hotel but it certainly wasn't anything spectacular. If they put a little more effort into it, it would be a really nice hotel. There were a few other minor issues and over all I am not sure I would stay here again.
"Filthy"
06/28/15 Deb M Kansas City
My sister and I just left Le Consolat. It was filthy. First, there were no towels and we had to beg for towels. We were supposed to share one washcloth between the two us. Seriously? We decide we can deal with begging for towels. But at night when we pulled back the sheets, remnants from the previous guests were in the sheets: hair from every part of the body and dried blood and a dead bug. We called the front desk, no answer. When we asked for the sheets to be changed and why, they were not surprised that we were sleeping in the filth of strangers and said they would be changed. When we came back, the bed was made, we were told we had clean sheets....and they had not been changed. So disgusting! My sister found the service cart and demanded clean sheets. 3 boys run the place and they handed her wadded up sheets. We weren't sure those were clean but we were leaving pre-dawn. Windows wouldn't close so we had noise and bites. Just horrible, and I travel a lot. Nothing has ever been this disgusting.
"Surprisingly on point"
06/21/15 Lecamille
I picked this place for an improvised get-away with my husband. I chose it because of the location and the price. It was a surprise to get there and be told about the breakfast that was included (not the usual carb loaded continental I expected). I started looking around for clues about what to expect in my room. There was a Rothko print in the hall. All was clean and minimalist. Very good taste. The room was slightly chilled when we walked in. The temperature was perfect. Not a hot unattended room, not a fridge. I quickly inspected the room and found a very nicely decorated bathroom, plenty of toiletries, everything very clean. The bed was just right and the lack of a colorful comforter put me at ease that the bed was clean (I avoid beds with colorful patterned comforters -beside the fact that they are ridiculously ugly- I know those are only to disguise the stains, and the camouflage allows hotels to save money by not washing them very often. Disgusting, but true). The clean bed was also not too soft or too hard. I was blown away. I've stayed in my share of hotels/motels/guesthouses/bed and breakfasts (and worked for a few) so I honestly travel with low expectations. That's not to say I don't have high standards. This was like winning the jackpot for me. The only minor detail I was surprised had been overlooked was that the bathroom ceiling wasn't painted completely, but that didn't bother me. The one detail that was a bit disappointing was the communication with the receptionists. We misunderstood quite a few details about how the whole breakfast thing worked. The name on my bill was also very, very creatively different from my own. But again, not a huge deal. I'm already planning on going back. Loved it!
"Dirty, Noisy, Horrible Room"
06/11/15 Roxanne-Baker55 Oceanside, California
DON'T STAY HERE! I booked this hotel for one night based on the Trip Advisor reviews. Usually I always get a good hotel that way but this one was so so so horrible. Everything was dirty in the room, the towels weren't even washed. There was a window without any blinds that looked in from the street to the shower! We stayed in the room that was on the bottom floor closest to the reception desk. There was so much noise starting at 7am with the staff shouting back and forth to each other and clanging breakfast dishes. And it wasn't even a good price! We spent $150 for that horrible room. The only positive thing about this hotel is it's location. It's close to restaurants. But not worth it at all.
"Comfortable, Cozy, Priced Well, Great Location"
05/14/15 thatadventureguy
This is my second stay at this hotel. They are doing really well and actually added a couple of new features since my last stay in November. They now have a lounge on the top floor with free breakfast every morning of your stay. The options for that breakfast were fantastic and the open roof offered a couple of good views! The room was fantastic as well. Plenty of towels, hot water, clean & tidy bathroom, very neat and cozy bed you just want to sink into, and of course the really nice flatscreen with a lot of channels offered! This is my go-to hotel for my stays in the San Juan area and I recommend it to anyone who just needs a place to stay. It's not a resort, but it definitely gets the job done for those just looking for a place to relax after a long day of running around! The 2 free waters and tea bags & coffee machine were nice after a long flight too!