All hotels in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Road to Punta Quepos, Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas, Costa Rica, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Terrible experience."
The hotel looks great, but it has some serious flaws regarding experience. GOOD: - Nice looking hotel, and the rooms are great, clean and comfortable. BAD: - The A/C wasn't working, I tried to get it resolved, which didn't work. 2 nights with a faulty air conditioner. - The restaurant has a lacky service, when I asked for room service, they told me they were too busy. - The pool is public, so sometimes it gets a little too crowded, specially because there are some public parties, which may be uncomfortable if you are looking for relaxation.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Fabrizio
"Excellent Luxury hotel #1 in Manuel Antonio."
Excellent and efficient hotel, everything is new,Very specious ,new,clean rooms with state of the art showers,large balcony facing the Jungle with partial view of the Ocean on the higher floors.the location of this hotel whats makes it number one hotel in Manuel Antonio the hotel is in the middle of the jungle a 15 min walking through the jungle to a secluded beach the trail is very safe and you will see a lot of animals mostly Capuchin monkey [go to the beach in low tide].important to note that this is my second time in this Hotel I come again for the location and I was utterly surprised to see the improvement done to the hotel I found out there were changing in the management.I highly recommend for travelers seeking beauty and tranquility.All in all this was a perfect trip and we are eager to visit again!
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Disappointing"
Unfortunately the Shana Hotel was very disappointing. It looks lovely on the outside and has a great view from the pool but the rooms were dark, dirty, and uncomfortable. The service was also disappointing and they really didn't seem to care how disappointed we were. The only saving grace was the free 15-minute massage - that was incredible and much appreciated upon arrival. One beach was walkable but make sure you get back to the hotel before dark b/c it's a scary walk through the jungle. Also, don't bother contacting the concierge - there isn't one. Better luck with other hotels in Manuel Antonio- we still loved the area!
2 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2015
The hotel is between Quepos and Manuel Antonio National Park, but too far to walk to either. It is perched on top of a ridge with a view to the north. There is no view of the sunset to the west. It has a nice pool but to get to the beach you have to go down a steep, rocky hill. Although I was given a ticket to get a towel there, no one from the hotel was at the beach. The room was clean but the chairs on the balcony and in the room were quite uncomfortable. There was a louvered door on the bathroom that made privacy non-existent. The restaurant food was so-so.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Shana"
Fantastic hotel near the Manuel Antonio Nature Preserve. Large, clean, well-appointed rooms with free wi-fi and fabulous complimentary breakfast await you.
9 night romance trip Dec 8, 2014
"White, trying to be something, but ..."
Hotel is white, I mean white. It is also on a steep hill, so not recommended for anyone that has any issues making a steep hike. We arrived with one extra person and they were almost rude about it despite the room supposedly having a hide-a-bed. We were asked to pay additionally for the other person and that would be expected. It was just the approach. They put us in the furthest downhill room which made breakfast a hike. We were occassionally offered rides back to our room, but we really needed it going up, not down. Breakfast was fine. Other than our initial experience, the staff was friendly. The pool closed at 7pm which was not acceptable and despite the hotel signs indicating that it was open until 9pm. So, we didn't use the pool like we expected. The bed was too firm, would it be so much to consider some memory foam on the beds. The shower head was poorly designed/executed. It is a fancy device, but didn't work as expected and when set on certain settings had the potential to do physical damage to certain private parts.
2 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
"Beautiful facade, just not worth the price."
I stayed one night at this hotel to experience Quepos - it was my most expensive hotel out of my trip. The hotel facade is beautiful. However, there many small things that turned me off about this place. The room was not the cleanest - my bed sheets had a stain on them (yuck), the picture frame had some kind of spray stains on it. The floors were not the cleanest - if you're going to have an all-white room, you'd better be ready to bleach the cr*p out of everything daily. The shower was AWFUL - I didn't even get hot water. Not only that but the body sprays had clogs and didn't spray through all the holes. (Did I mention no conditioner?) The shower cap looked like it was being reused like it was shoved back in. In the evening (6-7 PM) after a long day, I wanted to get into the jacuzzi but they don't even keep it on.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
"Best in Quepos"
Very nice hotel with exc people and the best serivice ever.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
elena
"Great hotel amazing staff!!!"
Beautiful hotel, clean and comfortable rooms, nice view. Amazing staff!!
Jay
"Very nice hotel in a great environment"
two nigths in this fabulous hotel . All is very clean and plaisant . Swimming pool , restaurant, rooms, View sight to the jungle with the sea in rear ... Very nice
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Benoit
Friendly staff, nice facilities. Trying a little hard to be swanky.. For example, they don't offer tap water or inexpensive bottled so be prepared to spend $10 on a bottle of voss.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Surprising hotel"
I was not sure about booking this hotel because it did not belong to any chain but it was amazing. 100% recommended
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
luis gomez
I would characterize the staff as being appropriately attentive but lacking friendliness and/or warmth. There was a lack of interest in going above and beyond to assist us with questions.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Excellent service"
Very clean, excellent service and the staff was always very helpful
Other trip May 20, 2014
"A overpriced, dirty, one of the worst hotels."
Your sight stated that this was a 4.5 star hotel when in fact it was a 1.5 star hotel. It was dirty, plain with one low hard bed and a table. Bathroom dirty and gook ten min. to get hot water. Staff was not helpful. Ad said there was HiFi in room when in fact there was not and had to go to a open bar to use computer. I do not blame them as much as expedia as I relie on you to get the best hotel and deal. You said there was no other hotels in this area and when I got there the one i wanted to stay at had several rooms.This was not the only bad experience on the trip using you. My plan on next trip in not to use you. Thanks and hope you read this and my email sent in ten days ago. John n
Other trip May 9, 2014
After some of the other places we stayed in Costa Rica, we were pretty unhappy with this place. The staff was SUPER awesome, very friendly and helpful but the hotel is old and showing sings of extreme wear. We had a suite with a leather couch that was torn and shredded, the bed linens had stains on them and the bed was absolutely the hardest thing I think I've ever slept on. The stone floor may have been softer. The worst part however, was that the promised WiFi didn't work and according to some of the condo residents on the property, has never worked (even though it's advertised) -- this was a huge problem for us as WiFi was the only way we could keep in touch with those watching our pets at home.
3 night family trip Apr 26, 2014
"Just OK--not worth the price"
The restaurant was overpriced and the staff was over-attentive and over-focused on tips. The hotel and grounds were pretty, but the hot tub was cold and there was no hot water in our room. The restaurant and bar were completely empty. No one was there, and the staff members seemed bored and were standing around socializing.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
We stayed for one night and the staff is very friendly and overall satisfied with the room. Rooms are modern but quality is a little cheap. Facilities are nice but felt it was a little overpriced.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2014
"Great choice"
Rebecca at the front desk welcomed us like we were coming home. She was wonderful. Beautiful property and great free breakfast.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Katy P.
"Great choice"
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Katy P.
---------------------------------------------------
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel"
I stayed here with my girlfriend Cindy. We had an amazing time. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are wonderful with comfy beds and luxurious showers. The hotel staff were super nice too. Beca went out of her way to take care of us and make sure all of our needs were met. One really awesome perk is being able to walk to a beach in about 10 minutes. Amazing. I can't wait to come back.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Aaron
"Friendly, Fun and Clean"
Great hotel with a great staff.........close to everything
Other trip Feb 8, 2014
TKB795
"Close to Manuel Antonio National Park"
Very Clean and safe hotel and Service is very good. Staff is very helpful and friendly.
1 night trip Jan 20, 2014
"Beautiful hotel that needs to improve service"
This hotel is gorgeous, with spectacular views of the rain forest and the sea. Our room was very spacious, clean, and beautiful. The closest beach was a short walk away. Although the staff were very friendly, they took their sweet time to bring our food, especially during the first day. I would still recommend this place in spite of this drawback.
2 night family trip Jan 18, 2014
Andres
"Excellent hotel"
Great place - good job !
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2014
Vasco
"Lovely staff"
My sister an I stayed at the Shana for 2 nights. They were very friendly and helpful which was nice. Not a lot of other people staying there, which was nice and relaxing. There was a beach close by that was breathtaking but we didn't go swimming because people kept coming out of the water it itching themselves and red marks. Someone sai jelly fish, but you couldn't see them, so we didn't swim there. The beach inside the park on the northwest side is probably the best beach we went too and we went to all 4. Anyway the hotel was great for getting away from the city area and we then moved to a beach closer to quepos for a couple nights for the "on the beach feel". I would recommend the shana. It was a good find.
2 night family trip Nov 24, 2013
"I now want to live there..."
Less than ten minutes from Manual Antionio park. Hotel staff met us outside the office upon arrival with freshly squeezed watermelon juice and hot towels. Room was clean, all white, refrig in room, spacious closet, great balcony. Bathroom was out of a catalog--amazing. View is from mountain looking out at Pacific. Pool area beautiful. Several security officers on premise (though seemed like overkill). Parking covered. Restaurant staff friendly. All spoke English. Literally a perfect place.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
jen
"Great Hotel for people who looks for boutique"
I think this is the best hotel in town, simply amazing.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
"Service was FIRST CLASS!"
May must be a down month because only a few rooms in the Shana Hotel were occupied. However, you could not tell by the service provided by the Shana staff. The front desk ladies and the bartender stood out for exemplary service, friendliness and advice on local places to visit and eat. The hotel pool and hot tub was very nice. the monkeys would wake you up in the morning as a rooster would. A local beach was a brief five minute walk away. On a future visit, I would stay at the Shana Hotel again. Rick
1 night family trip May 15, 2013
"It should be called The Shana "terrific" Hotel"
fabulous experience!! The Hotel was beautiful. The rooms were extremely clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A " must stay there again" property!! I would highly recommend!!
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Great Locaton"
This is a failed condo project turned in to a hotel. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The service level was more what you would expect at a condo. In other words a very limited staff. Very modern decor, but not particularly comfortable. The safe did not work and the shower had only cold water.We also had problems with the door key. In short, this is a place without the services of a hotel and without the ameneties of a condo..
4 night romance trip Mar 10, 2013
Ole
"Top notch."
We have never had such courteous, attentive, helpful treatment by a staff at any hotel we have stayed in. We ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel dining room every day and the food and service couldn't have been better. Our entire experience was as close to perfect as you can get. We miss the lovely location and friendly staff and hope to return soon.
Other trip Mar 3, 2013
"unbelievable assistance"
Employees waiting to serve and offer assistance when needed. They also recommended different excursions for us with different organizations which were friendly and safe for my wife and I. Cannot say enough about Javier and Paula which were ready to serve at a drop of a hat. Thank you again
3 night trip Nov 28, 2012
joe
"Pacific Souss soso"
The hotel was brand new and that was obvious. The staff was fine, the restaurant was okay, but nothing really stood out as amazing. For the money we spent, I would have liked a better view, nicer room, more amenities, etc.
Other trip Sep 22, 2012
"Great hotel for a honeymoon."
Great location near beach access. Great design theme. Great pool. Cool animals.
Other trip Sep 19, 2012

"A great hotel in a great area of Costa Rica!"
It was very nice we enjoyed our stay.
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
MX
"Nice hotel with good views"
Had a great stay at the Shana. Good hotel, good pool, friendly service, looking out over the jungle to the sea. Only a 15 minute walk to the beach (it can be steep so only if you're up for walking). And great pizzas at the restaurant (if a bit pricey).
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"Poorly managed, does not live up to 4 or 5 stars"
Stunning location, but does not live up to its potential or price. Seems poorly managed. It feels like the staff have never worked in a hotel before. Rooms were not clean and missing basic items. Room service came without napkins - twice - at the restaurant too. The decor was lovely minimalist - but too minimalist....as though they ran out of money to furnish properly. Elevator was broken. The beds were so hard I woke up with my arm asleep every morning. Wifi was down all the time. The restaurant had great pizza, but the rest of the food was horrible. Don't be fooled by the 'our chef is Italian'.....pasta so overcooked it fell apart in your fork. Other meals unidentifiable. Over an hour to get the bill after asking 4 times...finally stormed up to the bar to get it, and I still had to wait 20 more minutes. Such a shame. The building and pools are beautiful....so much potential.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Nice hotel compared with others in manuel Antonio"
Nice views, great pool. Not so easy to get to without a car. Very friendly check in staff. The bed was hard though.. I was shocked it was not more comfortable. They should invest in better mattress and fluffier and firmer pillows. Spacious modern bathroom
2 night trip Feb 9, 2015
Melanie
SG
On arrival we were shown to a junior suite as booked with a double bed and sofa bed. However, it was a ground level room with no view and the room was dirty and the sofa bed cover was ripped into shreds. We were moved after we complained. The second room was better but the bed not of a high quality and not comfortable. Otherwise ok and Rebecca on reception was very helpful.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"hungry"
the waiter and waitresses were absolute worse service i had anywhere down there really. it took almost hr to get fruit and toast as i watched everyone around me that shown up after me get theres. then i was asked 4 times by 3 different workers how i wanted my eggs. 1hr and 25 min to get breakfast in me
Other trip Apr 6, 2013

"super"
Super bien
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Juan
CR
"Excelente opción en Manuel Antonio"
Nos hospedamos en una Junior Suite, una habitación bastante amplia con un balcón muy agradable. La atención de todo el personal, tanto del hotel como del restaurante, nos pareció excelente. La ubicación del hotel, cerca a playa Biezans, es un plus!
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Carolina
CR
Se debe mejorar el área de recepción. El resto muy bien.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Leonardo
ES
"servicios"
Bien. Deben cambiar el colchón mejorar wi-fi y señal tv.
Response by Shana Hotel and Residence
Estimada Marcela. Gracias por sus comentarios. Esta semana hemos instalado un nuevo sistema de antenas para dar cobertura en todo el hotel y en el 100% de las habitaciones. Hemos comprado he instalado nuevos colchenes y estamos mejorando en conjunto con la empresa proveedora la señal del cable. Le esperamos pronto
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Marcela
"Familie mit Tochter"
Preis Leistung stimmt nicht, Hotelanlage ohne Auto nicht zu empfehlen.
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Josef
CH
"Inolvidable"
Excelente servicio desde el check in, la comida deliciosa, preciosa habitacion, recomendacion: mojitos
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Mariela
"Shana hotel"
Mycket trevligt hotell med vacker havsutsikt och djungel där apor och vackra fåglar kunde skådas på nära håll. En vacker strand kunde nås inom några hundra meter, via en stig nedanför hotellet. Frukosten var mycket undermålig och gjorde oss besvikna tyvärr. I övrigt var vistelsen mycket trevlig och vi rekommenderar hotellet i stort.
5 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Mats
SE
"Elendig frokost, men fint hotell"
Nydelig beliggenhet, men det lønner seg å ha egen bil da det ligger litt avsides
6 night family trip Dec 13, 2014