All hotels in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Road to Punta Quepos, Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas, Costa Rica, ‏‎800-491-6126

"El hotel es precioso y está muy bien ubicado."
Nos ha gustado casi todo pero hemos echado de menos tener un restaurante agradable donde poder quedarte a cenar si no quieres coger el coche y salir. La carta es muy limitada y muy cara para lo que ofrece. Los desayunos son muy limitados y no están a la altura del resto de los servicios del hotel. El personal ha sido encantador en general y además nos hicieron un upgrade de habitación para dos noches sin haber pagado por ello y "con mucho gusto" por su parte. Lo agradecemos.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
Jesús y Tina
ES
"Excelente lugar! Sólo una falla grave: el wifi!!"
Muy buena la atención y el hotel. Lamentablemente fallas en el wifi que no pudieron solucionar en las 48 hs que estuve! El desayuno muy bien presentado pero un tanto frugal.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2013
Juan Carlos
AR
"Very pleasant at a reasonable price"
Estancia muy agradable y buena relación calidad - precio. Hotel de diseño moderno y funcional, habitaciones amplias y cómodas, buenas vistas, hermosa piscina
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Waheb
CR
"Sehr schönes Hotel in toller Lage"
Sehr schönes Hotel in ruhiger Lage. Wir hatten eine Junior Suite die fantastisch ist, riesig gross mit toller Terrasse und tollem Bad. In nur 5 min zu Fuss ist man am tollen kleinen Sandtrand Play Bisanz. Ganzes Hotel in Weiss gehalten mit sehr schöner Terrasse wo man beim Frühstück einen fantastischen Blick auf den umliegenden tropischen Wald hat. Wir haben abedns nur 1 x im Hotel gegessen da die Auswahl nicht so gross ist. Das einzige was uns störte, war ein Geruch nach Abwasser der von draussen kam. Als wir nachfragten teilte man uns mit dass dies vom benachbarten, oberhalb liegenden Hotel käme dem während der Regenzeit die Tanks überlaufen....Würden aber trotzden wiederkommen.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2013
Ehepaar
CH
"Un lujo!"
Un lujo completo en un hotel en perfectas condiciones.
1 night trip with friends May 17, 2013
"Disappointment!"
Poor value for money! Expensive ! Beautiful design but without where to hang a towel, eithout space for clothes. Poor breakfast. There are much nicer places in the area.
3 night romance trip Apr 12, 2013
IL
"Très belle hotel mais le plus dur et de le trouver"
Confortable mais accès difficile pour le trouver et la vue est malheureusement cachée par les arbres
1 night trip Feb 11, 2013
Die Zimmer sind geschmackvol eingerichtet und ruhig gelegen. Wunderrschöne Aussicht vom Restaurant aus, wenig Betrieb, da die meisten Zimmer Appartement- Wohnungen sind.Das Essen ist hervorragend,nettes Personal, gehobene Preisklasse. Einziger Wehrmutstropfen, das Hotel ist ca. 3 km entfernt vom schönen Manuel Antonio Strand. Es hat einen Fussweg, oder Taxi nehmen.
5 night trip Dec 28, 2012
NL
1 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Shana Hotel & Spa

07/25/15 Hto M
We stayed here for two nights and had a great experience. Some highlights: There was a new administration with new ideas and lots of energy. The restaurant had an an Italian person doing real Italian pizzas, they had a local chef who had a good taste, and everybody was very friendly. Location, location, location- they have an amazing view to the sea and they close to a very secluded beach. Their swimming pool has great views to the sunset. Their rooms are new and clean. Great experience!
"Beautiful view and wonderful location"
07/22/15 Kaye B Columbia, Kentucky
I have visited Costa Rica many times and stayed many places, but I think this is the prettiest. We stayed in a condo that had a beautiful view overlooking the pool and ocean. The pool is beautiful, the food very good, and the service excellent. I used several of the Spa services and found them to be very good, also. I would have given this hotel and "excellent" but could not because we did have some minor problems with the condo that were never resolved during our stay -- the microwave did not work, nor the toaster. Our condo had two full baths, but one bath almost never had adequate hot water. However, despite these problems, I would stay at this hotel again.
"Great place!!"
07/14/15 Jason S New Orleans, Louisiana
this hotel is so cool! I loved the architecture of the hotel And the Nice View... I spend a Nice weekend here . I cant wait to Come. Back!! The beach near to the hotel its very Nice. The restaurant have the best pizza ever!
"!!!Beautifull!!!"
07/14/15 Estela T Swindon
Everything was lovely, apart from the breakfast, they serve the juice from concentrate. It is very disappointing because it's Costa Rica, with a wide array of fresh fruits native to Costa Rica. The massage was absolutely amazing, possibly the best ever. I will love to go back there for Christmas but it is fully booked. The beach is very close, about a 5 min walk. In other words, it was a fantastic experience and the manager was exceptional
"Chic and Out of the Ordinary"
07/09/15 Crissy J Escazú, San Jose, Costa Rica
Really enjoyed my recent visit to this out of the ordinary locale in Manuel Antonio! Resembling something out of Ibiza after gallantly meeting in Miami... Greek-almost, however overall simply Mediterranean inspired. Not anything I would have expected... Rooms are large, bathrooms are sharp and complete with powerful rain showers, awesome vistas and the Presidencial Suite is a perfect location for a event, for mingling and for entertaining...better than a Villa with all the amenities of the hotel. We had friends over every night and cooked in an overly large space that allowed for it all. Did I mention the Pizza?
"Wonderful Stay!"
07/08/15 Marcus B Escazu, Costa Rica
Shana Hotel is a wonderfully appointed property, blending together modern room design with the natural beauty of Manuel Antonio national park. The hotels restaurant was full of options, whether you're in the mood for some local style fare or a classic brick oven pizza. The staff was super helpful and definitely part of the reason I would make a second trip back
"Loved out honeymoon and will return!!"
07/07/15 Vbsubiros
Me and my husband absolutely love this Hotel! We have been twice in the last year and I've just had a baby once she is old enough she will be coming back with us again. We came once on our honeymoon stayed at the Junior Suite and it couldn't have been more perfect. All the staff is amazing and friendly. The second time we came back I was 5 months pregnant and everyone was so nice and I never had a problem. We will be back many times!!! PS the pizza at restaurante el gusto is amazing!! and pasta is to die for :)
"friendly staff who made an effort, but a very random, overpriced experience"
06/29/15 cimery81 Denver, Colorado
I don't like to write bad reviews, usually i'd just rather have the universe sort things out, but felt my friend and i's experience was worth mentioning, since the reviews on this place don't accurately represent our experience. Honestly, this place is fine, but for what we paid, we expected more and would have paid more for better service. For the record, they did try really hard, but everything seemed artificial and just a little bit off. Everyone was eager and friendly but not quite capable of running a hotel. My friend and I were probably too nice, and felt sorry for them, so we let most of the little things slide, but all the little items added up at the end of our stay, and we didn't get the experience we wanted for the price we were paying. Good stuff: The pool is nice, the people were friendly, and the rooms are large. Close to Playa Beisanz, which is a cool little beach. We got a fruity drink thingy when we arrived, and the bathrooms and rooms were spacious. Buildings were pretty. Pretty sunset from the restaurant. Bad stuff: - The hotel is far from downtown and you most definitely need to take a cab to get to everything. The cabs are $10US no matter where you go (i.e. to main area, or playa Manuel antonio). Not really the hotel's fault, but if you go out to eat (which we did a lot, see point 2) it's worth mentioning. - The hotel food is overpriced and not that great. We had lunch while we were waiting for our room to be ready and paid $16 for very mediocre salads, for lunch. Neither the portion size or quality of ingredients warranted the $16 price tag. We ended up going out for lunch/dinner pretty much every day we were there. - The wifi didn't work in our rooms the first day we were there...which would have been fine if i wasn't also working on vacation and assumed that wifi was included in our hotel price. Wifi was available in the common area, but not in the rooms. - some of the staff was a little defensive (for example, I went to switch out pool towels for my friend and I, and asked for our tickets back. front desk guy said, "you only gave me one towel", and had to confirm with another employee that i brought back two before he gave me the other ticket back. seemed like a weird thing to clarify and easy enough to determine, but there was attitude nonetheless) - there was a fly in my friends gallo pinto one morning. :/ - free breakfast didn't always have all items (i.e. asked if my breakfast came with sausage, was told they didn't have any, but it was available the next day) - same thing with shampoo/conditioner in the bathroom, was not there on the first day, but showed up in the bathroom the next. - their reception is on a giant hill, meaning you had to walk up a hill to get to the pool/reception/restaurant. I cringed every time a cab came and had to park on the steep hill. they do make a golf cart available, but it was never around when you needed it. - construction in the middle of the day (i think one guy was actually sodering something out in the open, not exactly the safest) - no instructions on our safe deposit box. we accidentally locked in our passports and had to call the front desk (susan) who said using the key was easier. came by with multiple keys and tried a few before one worked, left the key for us, the key actually had a different room number on it than the one we were staying in. Probably not her fault, she seemed exasperated about the whole situation, but it was a weird solution. - had a bit of an uncomfortable massage experience with the free complimentary spa treatment. the massage guy didn't change sheets between my friend's treatment and mine. - asked for a corkscrew and two wine glasses in our room to have a really nice bottle of wine that we had brought with us (room service button on phone didn't work) and was sent a nice, bubble hospitality intern who didn't know how to open a bottle of wine. we ended up showing her how. :/ - the hangars in the closet didn't match - there was no guide book in the room (i.e. what to do, where to eat, which numbers to call, etc) - ants were crawling all over the mini bar when we got there :/ - all the doors were a bit off, you know when you're not sure if the door is locked or open because the handle alignment is a little off? yeah that, on the door to the bathroom and the door to the bano. - i'm sure they're trying to save money, but every day after being out of the room we would come back and the air was turned off. in humid rainy season, all you want to do is come back to an air-conditioned room. - there was a nice lady that was staying at the hotel at the same time, who was a little pushy and intrusive. She kept trying to gauge our experiences, encouraging us to take advantage of the complimentary treatments and how great they were, telling us about a bad experience she had at another hotel in the area, talking about how great the place was and how she traveled all the time by herself while here husband was away on business. She was nice in that she looked out for us (when at the beach she told us to avoid the rocky areas), but we were wondering what she got out of it since the place was clearly not "amazing". Didn't know if she was a plant or not, or got a discount for talking up the place, but we got a strange vibe off of her and it seemed weird that she singled us out to talk to. I think that sums up the entire experience here, everyone was really nice, but in a "wayward pines" type of way, and all these little inconsistencies lended itself to an awkward and random stay. Don't think it was worth the $ we paid and don't think it qualifies as a luxury hotel. We went to dinner at another hotel in the area that charges the same rate, and it was worth every penny and had excellent service. Our expectations were baked into the price paid, and this place fell really short of what you would expect from a "luxury" hotel. I think if you're going to want a luxury experience in Manuel Antonio, I would do some extra research and stay at a hotel that you know has a genuine 5 star rating, not one that is still kind of figuring things out but charging a rate that is clearly not worth the service they provide. We were seduced by the "discount" that we got on expedia, so maybe it was on us that we didn't do more research. It really depends on your expectations, so keep that in mind when staying here.
06/28/15 MCaughron Chaska, Minnesota
This is a nice hotel in Manuel Antonio. HOWEVER, for Costa Rica I was disappointed. It is the little things about service in Costa Rica that make a difference and they just did not have it. There is a concierge to help plan things to do, which was great. We went on a guided tour of the park which is a must. Completly worth the price. The restaurant had good food, tried out the pizza, delicious. Our room had an "ocean view" not really. Could barely see it through the Jungle. Lovec the swing on the balcony however! We did not have any shampoo in the bathroom, just conditioner and shower gel. They did not restock these after the first night we were there either. I do not like having to pay extra for coffee in my room expecially forvthe price you pay for this hotel. I would try a different place if I came back.
"Excellent Hotel"
06/26/15 Asiia_Valentiine Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
Being in such beautiful area of the country we were lucky to find this fabulous hotel, located very close to the Bisans beach. The bed was so comfortable and very spacious, beautiful and clean room. The restaurant offer the best food and Pizza. The swimming pool area has a great view and all the staf are very friendly. Thank you all and we will visit you again.