All hotels in Piano di Sorrento, Italy
via Madonna Di Roselle 54, Piano di Sorrento, NA, 80063, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"No no no no no..."
This is the worst! I was willing to overlook the fact that I had to wait 15 minutes when I arrived for someone to show up at the front desk, the pool bar was swimming in ants, the bed had one sheet and a 50-year old comforter, the fact that the place has not seen an update in 50 years, and the WIFI did not work in the room, because it was "clean enough". I'm really not picky--especially when I'm choosing one of the cheapest places in the area. However, when I went to check out, the receptionist wanted to charge me for the room after I had already booked and paid for the room on Hotels.com. She could not "find" my reservation anywhere. Showing her the confirmation of payment from Hotels.com did not convince her. Finally, she agreed to charge me only 30 Euros more than I had already paid Hotels.com because I had a friend next to me as I was checking out so she assumed that he slept in the room and thus charged me for a double room instead of a single. When I handed her a credit card to pay this ridiculous additional charge, she said they only accepted credit cards for purchases over 50 Euros. After I told her I did not have cash and she called someone, she agreed to accept the credit card. She called a taxi for me when I was leaving, but when I heard the rate the taxi driver was asking for to take me to the town's center, I told her to forget it. I was already screwed by the hotel, and apparently the taxi driver was in on the scheme.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2015
some of the staff member were very nice and proffecianal. one woman at the front desk hardly spoke english
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Beautiful view but bathroom not so good."
Great place for one night. Bathroom shower had mold and the a/c was subpar, was set too warm and couldn't be lowered. View of the water and cliffs were outstanding.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013

"Reasonable hotel to breakfast and sleep in!"
Not quite in Sorrento - actually a good 3km walk and unless you can afford taxis to Piano de Sorrento (40€) you will have to as the public transport and the hotel shuttle bus stops at about 9 pm. Local railway station about 500m away is very convenient for Pompeii and Ercolaneum ( we thought the latter excellent and if you only visit one, do Ercolaneum). Don't bother with Naples - dirty, lots of roadworks currently, full of litter and graffiti and a pity. Not what you would imagine and would be a day wasted. Trips to Amalfi and Ravello are a whole day long - not just a ferry as we had hoped. Do consider the campaniarte card at 34€ - entrance to museums , P and Er and most travel included. You need the circumvesuviana train from beneath the main Naples railway station. Hotel does a good breakfast but little else in the wAy of food. Helpful staff.and friendly. Make the effort to walk to the beach at Piano - go down in the elevator ( ascensore) and visit the Fracatell restaurant on the sea front. Do have their antipasti special for 2 . (It is excellent and plenty for 3 and great value at 15€ between you.) their cakes are good too! We had a great four days in the Sorrento/ Piano area - hope you do.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
N
not what i expected more like a childrens school
1 night trip May 4, 2013

"mai piu' nella vita"
stanza con frigo bar rotto niente sapone e senza balcone e sopratutto senza colazione xche se scendi dopo le 8:30 e tutto finito.......
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
massimo
"Muito bom pelo preço"
Muito bom para o preço !!! Em Sorrento hospedaria novamente nele !
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Luiz Carlos
BR
tres decue par l hotel l entrtien de l hotel laisse vrament a desirer les chambres sont petite l entrtien des chambres n est pas minutieux la poussiere n est pas faite partout (montant de lit ampoules balcon)seul le service restaurant a ete charmant et tresdisponible .pour l acceuil un monsieur agreable et qui nous a bien renseigne pour les escurtions je ne recommanderais pas cet hotel
14 night trip Jul 16, 2014
amitrano
FR
Hotel senza grosse pretese . Buono come punto di appoggio per gita sulla costa Sorrentina . A suo favore una buona cucina . Per il resto serve un maggior controllo sulle strutture ormai datate e sul rispetto delle regole di comportamento degli ospiti quali ad esempio il silenzio nelle ore di riposo . Nel complesso un punteggio sufficiente .
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
IT
"God service - lidt afsides liggende"
Hotellet er fint og har god service, morgen buffet mm. Desværre ligger hotellet lidt væk fra by med aftenliv. Dog er der gode transportmuligheder...dog kun til kl 22 om aftenen.
8 night trip Aug 1, 2013
DK
Premetto che,viste le molte altre recensioni negative stavo quasi per cambiare albergo all'ultimo,sono rimasto piacevolmente sorpreso nel vedere che buona parte di ciò che c'è scritto è stato migliorato. La camera era perfettamente efficiente,solo un piccolo inconveniente con lo scarico del water prontamente risolto...per i vari ingressi in piscina e cappuccini a colazione non ci è stato addebitato alcun costo a fine soggiorno,la piscina era pilita ed anche la camera l'abbiamo sempre trovata perfettamente in ordine e pulita,ogni volta con asciugamani nuovi. Il parcheggio è un po sottodimensionato rispetto alla capienza dell'albergo e quindi le auto erano spesso messe ad incastro,ma comunque mi è bastato lasciare le chiavi della macchina alla reception e non ho avuto problemi.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"è un 3 stelle"
benino
1 night trip Jul 7, 2013
raffaele
IT
soddisfacente sotto tutti i punti divista,personale gentilissimo eall'altezza della struttura,colazione varia e saporita,recepzion gentilissimi e pronte a soddisfare qualsiasi richiesta inererente il soggiorno.
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2013
IT
abbastanza piacevole con personale sempre a disposizione e educatissimi.colazione soddisfacente con camerieri a disposizione per ogni esigenza,recepzion all'altezza della situazione,peccato solo l'ubicazione del complesso lontano da negozi.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
IT
+abbastanza piacevole con persone gentilissime nel ricevere e nel soddisfare le esigenze richieste.peccato che la posizione non permette girare per negozzi,colazione abbondante con personale all'altezza del servizio.recepzione capace di dare tutte le risposte alle varie richieste.ideale per famiglia con bambini
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Benedetto
2 night trip Aug 22, 2015
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Albatros

"Very rude and unhelpful "
09/14/15 Wendy T Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
This is hotel is not a 4* quality hotel. It is very tired and old fashioned but on the plus side the rooms are very clean. Rooms cleaned, fresh towels and bedding every day. The choice at breakfast was very limited and no variety. We generally went to breakfast at 8am and there was never any bread left of ham or cheese these did not get topped up, so unless you are up at 7am don't expect much breakfast. The position of the hotel is set in a very quite part of piano De sorrento with only one cafe, their pizza is nice enough. The train into sorrento is about a 10 minute walk away, takes less than 5 mins on train but they are not very regular.. don't miss the last train home at 21.30 as it is 30 euros in a taxi home !!!!! Definitely visit the beach/harbour in piano de sorrento it is beautiful and has quite a few bars and café. We only discovered this on last night .. because when we asked the reception for your places to eat he only recommended the small pizza place in the square and said the beach only had 1 fish restraunt so it put us off going ... so glad we did so nice loads of beach and decked areas for sunbathing and cheap priced 13 euros for 2 of us all day with a umbrella. Fabulous place amazing holiday hotel is just a base at the end of the day.
"Disappointing "
07/25/15 Alexpcyp
Located in a very quite town about 20 mins from Sorrento by car. One shop and one cafe close by. Hotel was very dated and run down, awful tired looking. Rooms were a mismatch of furniture. No tea or coffee facilities in the room. Wifi available but didn't work at all. Pool side very small and again very tired looking. Was peaceful until about 40 school children arrived, who over ran the hotel and pool, we left the pool early as the area as was just too noisy. They continued to make noise until we left for dinner and again when they returned at 11 till 12 at night. When I mentioned it to the hotel owner in morning I just got a shrug of the shoulders! Not even an apology. Unfortunately our next hotel didn't have availability to check in a day earlier otherwise we wouldn't have stayed.
"No Air Conditioning !"
07/21/15 juan586 San Francisco, California
When the group arrived after walking several miles in a 41 degree heat, you expect an air conditioned room to be able to rest / sleep. We ended up not able to get any sleep because the air conditioning was down. Nobody tried to repair it. Wifi, nothing. Food - well, initially we were served terrible food for dinner. Probably, they realized and tried to make up for breakfast (included several cakes for breakfast !). I thought I've seen some bad ones in the US, but this worse.
"Some rude staff and too many school groups"
07/20/15 Natalie R
I took a school group here and having read the reviews was apprehensive but hopeful. Unfortunately our experience wasn't good. Some of the reception staff were incredibly helpful despite the language barrier (although one of my colleagues spoke Italian) but others were short with us, dismissive and unhelpful. On one evening one of my pupils was given mouldy fruit as their alternative pudding (allergy). Speaking as a leader of a school group I am surprised to hear myself say they had too many different groups in, I was woken on two consecutive nights having patrolled and ensured my own pupils were settled by different groups being noisy and disruptive. On one night some American students actually drunkenly climbed across the roof outside some rooms (the night receptionist did his best to help with this, to his credit). When we arrived we were presented with a 2 euro charge for swimming caps to be able to use the pool yet on the last day we were there the hotel ran out of caps so told another group they didn't have to wear them, essentially meaning my pupils had been fleeced of 2euros each whilst this other group weren't. The wifi only worked in reception and was intermittent even there. The airconditioning was on a timer that went off way too soon overnight so that we always woke up overheated. This all said, they were very helpful when a pupil was ill and even provided a room for an unwell member of staff on the last day, the food was fine for a school trip but if I had been holidaying I wouldn't have been impressed. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful.
"Could do a lot better"
07/11/15 Paultheboat Chester, United Kingdom
We arrived to be met by a rude receptionist. Wanted cash for payment and no time for pleasantries. Our room was clean and poolside was also very clean and well maintained. The hotel is advertised as having free wifi, however, it only works in reception and only sometimes! The waiters in the breakfast room where very good and friendly the breakfast was excellent. On our last night a member of the reception staff had friends with children round, they played very nicely and no harm. Untill at 12 o'clock at night I had enough and told them to go in from the pool side. They carried on running around I till 1 o'clock when I heard them all leave. Upon checking out I mentioned this to the same rude receptionist, to which she blamed an American family and there was no sign of an apology. This was most certainly not the case and I left disappointed at the attitude of certain staff. The hotel is in sleepy piano de sorrento, and there's not much to do in the evening but it's very close to the port which is well worth a visit. and if your willing to travel out to do stuff it's a good location. Some Staff need to look at attitude and customer relations. Wifi needs sorting. And finally, we paid with credit card with another member of staff after the first said we couldn't.
"Sorrento and the Hotel Albatros were fabulous!!"
07/07/15 blondie255 Minooka, Illinois
The view, pool, meals, staff - all so fabulous!! This is a true recommendation!! Went with a group and all rooms had a great view!! I was over the gardens and pool with a great balcony! Stayed three nights and there were many groups there without problems. Breakfast was amazing, just what was needed to start our day! My room was very comfortable, clean and quiet!!
"Wonderful school trip"
07/01/15 Penny s Colne, United Kingdom
After having read reviews from last year we had some concerns about staying at this hotel. We are delighted to report that our experience, as a group of 50 teenagers, was fantastic. We were warmly greeted and checking in was swift. The rooms were clean with toiletries and large towels provided. Beds were made and rooms cleaned each day. The food was plentiful and our students ate with gusto, there was no need to seek out snacks from shops. The restaurant staff were very pleasant and helpful, caring to individuals needs and wants. Our students enjoyed the pool with the life guard on duty as and when we requested. The position of the hotel is ideal. It is walking distance to the train station..2 stops from Sorrento ( 1.60 Euro only) and directly to Naples stopping at Pompeii on the way. Cheese factories and similar places to visit are also within either walking or short journey distance. Bear in mind the busy roads are narrow and often do not have pavements. All in all an excellent trip and an excellent hotel experience. Thank you Hotel Albatros and NST.
"Staff Fantastic, Pool lovely"
07/01/15 Ian V
I took 40 sixth form students here on an educational trip. The staff at the hotel were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Salvatore, Lello and Federico deserve particular thanks. They did everything that they could to look after us. The breakfast is fantastic and the swimming pool is much better in real life than it looks on the pictures. It's an ideal place for school and college visits. We will be back here.
06/24/15 carmomarie Collierville, TN
I stayed here with a group for one night. The rooms were clean and we had a nice view of the water. A few walked down to the beach. I can not recommend the restaurant for dinner, very bland and the pasta was undercooked. The bountiful, delicious breakfast spread made up for the mediocre dinner. The bar was good, but expensive. The pool was nice, but closed at 7 p.m. much to the disappointment of the teens in our group.
"Excellente"
06/18/15 Stelios P Vourkari, Greece
Very nice hotel. Pool available, friendly personnel and confortable beds . my group was very satisfied. Reception was very helpful and service at dinner was fast and efficient. I asked for a birthday cake and they offered to make one at a reasonable price. Good option for the ones passing from sorrento region