All hotels in Bishop Auckland, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereDale End, Hamsterley, Bishop Auckland, England, DL13 3PT, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

4.9
Second time of staying at Dale End. 4 nights stay. Evening meals at Cross Keys pub approx 200yds away. Good beer and varied menu. Substantial packed lunch supplied by Dale End was very good value. We'd happily recommend this superb B&B.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013

"Welcoming stop on our trip to Scotland"
Made to feel very welcome by owners as soon as we walked through the door and immediately offered tea and biscuits in lounge area. Although the only guests the log fire was lit and we had sole use of lounge to relax and watch tv if wanted. Room was spotlessly clean and as soon as owner realised wife might struggle with stairs she had moved us to ground floor room; Freshly cooked breakfast with locally sourced ingredients set us up for the day the following morning. We certainly hope to return in the not to distant future.
1 night romance trip May 5, 2015
"Great B+B"
Very comfortable and clean B+B, warm welcome from hosts, excellent breakfast.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Very good B+B done properly would recommend"
Very good free internet nice people if only other owners would do the same as Dale end.
1 night business trip May 2, 2013
Iain
"Good break for everyone"
Very clean pleasant room, breakfast excellent .Margaret and family were very welcoming my wife and i had a good resting three days.
Other trip Aug 16, 2012
Cliff
"How to relax"
An excellent B&B with the hosts nothing seemed too much to help, the use of local produce and home baked bread. If in the area worth the extra drive to use
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
Kevan & Pamela
"Proud parents"
Stayed at this bed and breakfast while visiting Durham for our daughter's graduation ceremony. Although half an hour from Durham, we could not have made a better choice of accommodation. Peter was so welcoming and could not do enough for us - he even got up to do our breakfast at 6am as we had to leave at 6.30! Recommend to anyone!
Other trip Jul 2, 2012
Claire

Wir waren zum zweiten Mal da und alles war hervorragend.
1 night trip Mar 20, 2013
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Dale End Bed & Breakfast

"The best B&B I have ever stayed in."
04/02/15 Suzannejones County Durham, United Kingdom
It was way back in 2007 that I stayed here. I was not doing reviews then, but I still remember Margaret and Peter with fond affection. I came up just before the Wolsingham show to attend a funeral and stayed two nights. I had the most friendly welcome from Margaret with tea and cake. The room itself was everything I could wish for and so very very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was superb, especially the freshly cut fruit salad and the cooked breakfast. It set me up nicely for the long drive back to Cardiff. Thank you both for the very warm hospitality you gave me.
"Thoroughly pampered"
03/16/15 mickypaulino Tyne and Wear
This is one of the best B&B's we have ever stayed at. Margaret and Peter were so welcoming and we felt we had known them forever.They have thought of everything that might be required for the comfort of their guests. We were greeted on arrival with cake and refreshments in front of a blazing log fire in the guests lounge. Perfect way to relax after the journey. The ensuite double room was immaculate and very comfortable. There were 2 glasses and wine on the dressing table which was a lovely touch and a well stocked comfort tray. The ensuite bathroom was bright, spacious and also immaculate. We stayed only one night as we were attending a local event and wanted to be in Hamsterley village overnight, but felt we would have liked to stay longer. The breakfast was easily one of the best we have had - home made bread with a perfectly cooked English breakfast. We felt we had been well and truly pampered when we drove away.
"First-class and very friendly"
03/05/15 Jeremy B Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
A really high standard of comfort, décor, and breakfast menu. Farm grown bacon and sausage, home-made bread. Close to beautiful Durham, Barnard Castle, Hamsterley Forest, the Durham moors and many other attractions. Margaret and Peter were delightful hosts. We recommend Dale End very highly. Ann and Jeremy B.
"Warm and welcoming"
02/23/15 Northeast19 North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
We had a lovely one night stay here, our first night away with our 4month old baby. Margaret and Peter gave us a very warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble during our stay, even offering us a travel cot, baby monitor and bottle sterilising facilities when needed. They made us feel right at ease and were very attentive hosts, whilst also giving us plenty of family time on our own too- a perfect balance. A beautiful warm, cosy home in a quiet and peaceful location. Would highly recommend and would certainly stay again. Thank you for a lovely little break :)
"Beautiful Peaceful Friendly Place"
12/11/14 Will M Cheshire, United Kingdom
Dale End is to me a little bit of paradise the location is beautiful its kept so clean and tidy the breakfast is fantastic yes I would recommend it to anyone however to top all this Margaret & Peter are two of the most friendly people you could come across I would have been over the moon with the accommodation alone but we were also well looked after nothing seemed too much trouble, I thank you both Will
"Just Perfect"
11/22/14 Scarborough2014 Scarborough, United Kingdom
We have just had the most fantastic time, on our mini break @ Dale End B/B. Where we were met with such a friendly welcome, as soon as we arrived. The accommodation is of a very high standard. Very clean, extremely comfortable, and nothing to much trouble. And the use of the visitors lounge.The breakfast was 5 star, using local produce. There was no shortage of good humour too.Highly reccommended. This is a sincere accolade given to Margaret and Peter who work so hard to make the best stay experience for their guests. We will be back! Best Wishes. Giliane and Paul
"Outstanding B and B"
11/05/14 123gillybean Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
We had a lovely time during our stay with Margaret and Peter they were the perfect hosts. We stayed for 3 nights during October half term and we could not fault it one bit. We found our room very spacious with comfortable bed and large fluffy white towels in the ensuite. We were encouraged to use the lounge and on arrival Margaret had got a roaring fire going with tea and cakes it was really homely. Breakfasts were superb with a wide selection including homemade bread, fresh fruit and locally farmed sausage,bacon and eggs. We would wholeheartedly recommend staying at Dale End not only for all the above but also for its great location, we will see them again soon!
"An absolute gem"
11/03/14 Mark B
Firstly can i say this B & B is set in a beautiful little village near Bishop Auckland and not too far from Durham itself. Margaret and Peter couldn't do enough and i almost felt part of the family which was lovely. There was no other guests there at the time and seen as i was away on business made a nice relaxing stay. Would reccomend the Cross keys pub too and i had the steak and ale pie which was delicious and very filling. 10 out of 10 will certainly return :) Mark
"Super B&B in quiet but convenient location"
10/20/14 Susan186220 Bristol, United Kingdom
Dale End provides a super b&b experience in rural Co Durham. As a solo traveller I found Margaret and her husband very welcoming, my ensuite room was spacious, warm and comfortable and everything was very clean. Nicely decorated and with a lounge to use too if desired. At breakfast the bacon and sausages (local pork) were simply amazingly tasty - best I've tasted for years. Plenty of parking off the road and a useful local pub for evening meals just 300 yards away. Would definitely return anytime! Highly recommended.
"Great Stay in Hamsterly"
10/19/14 Ramona S
I had a geat stay in Dale End Bed and Breakfast in Hamsterly. My room was really nice and generous. I did not expect to have such a large room for just for me. In addition to that they had a nice living room for guests where I could stay and spend some time in the afternoons or evenings. What made my stay so excellent were Margaret and Peter. The owners of the Bed and Breakfast were so friendly, open and supportive. They seemed to have a solution for all my questions -- even in advance of my stay when I tried to arrange my trip without having a car, Margaret helped me to figure out how to reach them best, which train to take etc. There is little more to say for my than I had a great stay and I can definitely recommend other guests to stay there.