All hotels in Shanghai, China
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1 ChangDe Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, Shanghai, 200040, China, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Top notch hotel in SH"
Top notch hotel in Shanghai and I used to live there for 5 years. Quiet oasis in the bustling part of Jingan. Great room, amenities, brunch, etc. Only downside was they didn't get my laundry done in time before I left as promised and they wouldn't allow a guest into the gym (They needed a passport). Overall great stay and highly recommended.
4 night business trip May 14, 2015
"We had a Great stay at The Puli Hotel"
We Loved our stay at the Puli Hotel. Next time I will chose Puli again when I travel to Shanghai.
11 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Everything was perfect"
Try the spa ! The pool and locker rooms were very nice. Elegance everywhere. Great style of the hotel too
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
robert
"This is now my favorite hotel."
I am reluctant to write too positive a review as I don't want to return to Shanghai in the future and for there not to be rooms available. But, the Puli is now the hotel by which I will judge all others. For me, it provided is a more inviting and comfortable stay than is typical in other high-end hotels--for me, it was a welcome and relaxing change. I highly recommend the Puli experience.
5 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
"Oasis in Shanghai"
Beautiful hotel near nanjing road with English speaking staff. Has a lovely scent when you walk into lobby Great room service breakfast!!!!
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
Alexis
Really fascinating system of air refreshing in the room. Very warm staff from the hotel, and excellent SPA.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Ok"
Room is not big enough
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
shuxiang
"Perfection"
Everything about my stay at the Puli was perfect. From the greeting at the front door and every other member of staff, impromptu upgrade to a junior suite, the beautiful room with most comfy bed and to-die-for bath tub, to the room service, complimentary mini bar, downstairs long bar and super relaxing spa. I didn't find a single flaw and enjoyed every little attention to detail. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and a perfect retreat in the middle of high-intensity Shanghai!
2 night business trip Dec 20, 2014
Fiona
"Solitude in Shanghai"
The Puli is a magical hotel and spa -- anyone would enjoy their time in this fine hotel.
3 night trip with friends Dec 1, 2014
Robert E.
"Bliss"
Lovely place, beautiful hotel and spa. Good food and friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
"Luxury and calm"
The pool was gorgeous and providd a ell come retreat after an exhausting day in the city. Sunday brunch was fantastic.
6 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Lynn
"East greets West"
A delightful experience. Beautifully conceived. Gracious staff. A true oasis. Great restaurants across the street. This hotel has it all.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in."
I will stay in this hotel every time I go to Shanghai from now on. The ambiance is beautiful, the service is great and the neighborhood is perfect for me. I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.
2 night trip May 11, 2014
Lara
Beautiful hotel and with warm hospitality of smiling staff. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who's visiting the city.
Other trip May 5, 2014
journalist
"Overall very cool refuge"
This place is an oasis in the middle of a crazy, noisy city.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Justine
"Getting to expensive"
The hotel is fabulous, but $75 for breakfast for two people every morning is outrageous .
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
"Excellence in Shanghai"
With my gruling China schedule - the 6 night spent at The Puli was a perfect balance.
4 night business trip Jan 24, 2014
I had a wonderful holiday at Pulu. Quiet, modern elegant! , Spa services expensive; facial was not great but full body massage was excellent. mani-pedi not available, Infinity pool clean with a fantastic view ! Concierge service for checking flights was not reliable. Food and wine was great and expensive. Yes I would go back!
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"speechless. It has to be the best hotel."
I have been to many hotels all over Asia. This hotel has to be the best one so far. It is clean, the staff is polite and professional. Even the house keeping team made me feel that I am someone. Love this hotel and I will continue using this hotel when I will come back to Shanghai next time.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
Tanya
Excellent. Best experience I ever had in a hotel.
3 night trip Oct 1, 2013
"Very nice, but ......"
As a seasoned traveler I really liked the hotel but feel that the food and beverages were way too expensive.
4 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
MarkW
"Great Shanghai Hotel with Beautiful Pool"
Really amazing hotel and staff. Definitely recommend staying here.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"Most favorite hotel in Shanghai"
Very luxurious and not in a tacky, gaudy, Chinese way. Nice natural elements. Great buffet selection. Relaxing pool. Free mini bar (albeit reduced from normal mini bars)!
2 night trip Sep 21, 2013
J. Ortiz
"Tibetian roseroot smells just like ginger"
This hotel is so close to perfect, I will only mention the room for improvement: the mini-bar refrigerators do not alarm when left open, and pedestrian access is somewhat poor from the street. Everything else is fine to excellent.
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2013
James S.
"As Good as it gets"
I had read great reviews about the Puli but this hotel exceeded my expectations. From the decor to the personnel to the ambiance all was way above the average hotel stay.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
oreo55
"Outstanding in Every Detail"
We selected this hotel as a two nights stay at the end of a long tour of China. We wish we had more time and had booked a longer stay. During our trip we stayed at a selection of hotels all in the Premium Luxury category, however, Puli was not only on par but in many ways surpassed those other hotels. We loved everything about the hotel: design, decor, the bar, the restaurant, your sublime spa and pool facilities, the service, location, free wifi. Thank you for an excellent stay. We will be back. Oh, did I mentioned the spa/pool facilities - heavenly.
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2013
C. K. Teoman
"Simply amazing"
This hotel is simply amazing. Every last detail was clearly well thought out. The service - impeccable. The food - perfect. Checked in and was upgraded on the spot. The toiletries in the room are simply 5 star. Will definitely stay here again if I am ever in Shanghai.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2013
"BOOK ANOTHER HOTEL"
After moving around all of Asia for three weeks, this my last stop was a MAJOR disappointment. The food in the one little restaurant was below standard, and priced so high it was amazing. The hotel prides itself on the "spa" the seven, literally, cardio machines were it. There are better gyms in a Holiday Inn or Quinta in the USA..Room service was shocking. I had slept after a long flight, had a shower and assumed that for the turn down service they would supply clean towels, and have the bed re made. No such luck. I looked very hard to find a star rating. Could not. I would not give this property more than a three star. Awful Be warned, the hotel is old and tired and in urgent need of new management.
4 night business trip Jul 20, 2013
richard
The Hotel is great with service, facilities, environment. I would recommend it to all my friends who is on business/personal trip to Shanghai.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Outstanding as always"
This was my second stay and my expectations were fully met. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. The small touches like free wifi, free mini bar and awesome fitness facilities made the entire stay memorable. I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to the traveller looking for something special at a reasonable price.
3 night trip Jun 19, 2013
Happy Traveller
"Magificent"
Rooms were amazing. Service impeccable. Bar and restaurant over-priced.
3 night business trip Apr 19, 2013
"Lovely Haven"
We spent 6 nights in this hotel. The service is immaculate, friendly and fast ( with sole exception of receiving food at the bar!). The rooms are spacious, beds comfortable. The hotel has a beautiful, large pool with a full spa.The garden bar is lovely, looking out on a large pond. I highly recommend this hotel.
5 night trip Apr 14, 2013
"Incredible Stay"
I spent two nights with my wife. Absolutely flawless! The suite was splendid, great layout spacious with a glorious bathroom and outstanding night views. The bedding superb and the service impeccable
2 night trip Apr 12, 2013
Jf
"very good hotel"
very good hotel, would stay again. Confortable room, good 4.5 stars hotel
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2013
"A Refreshing Change"
The hotel and spa were outstanding value for money, given the fact that its amenities and general conditions were well above the benchmark for business hotels. It was well worth its ranking as a Leading Hotel of the World. Staff were helpful, friendly and warm. The cleanliness of the room and hotel common area, together with the efficiency of housekeeping services were impressive. Truly a positive experience and I would not hesitate returning.
3 night business trip Apr 3, 2013
"Superb Experience."
We got an exceptional price for a truly 5-star experience. This place was a perfect match for us. Very high style, very cultured. We loved the wonderful layout of the room; every day we returned to a perfect experience; the cleaning crew even folded cloths for us. Wonderful, warm and responsive hotel staff of highly-trained, genuinely cheerful young people. Just all kinds of small touches... the honor bar was all free, the spa was no extra cost and absolutely high end. Room service was instantaneous and very reasonable. Restaurant a sanctuary. The music as you enter is designed to make you feel both masterful and relaxed (how do you do that?). Our first visit to mainland China and we were very reliant upon the hotel to support us with transportation and daily life-- they did a masterful job of advising us and teaching us about Shanghai. The whole concept of an urban retreat/spa is beautifully and uniquely captured in the Puli. My only reservation is writing this review... we'd like to keep the place a secret for ourselves... but it deserves every success.
4 night trip Apr 1, 2013
Overall a fantastic hotel. We had a very relaxing stay!
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2013
"a true oasis in the middle of bustling shanghai"
I can not say enough good things about this hotel. The staff goes out of their way to meet your every need/request. The rooms like the lobby are beautifully decorated, spacious with bathtubs that look out into the city. The spa and pool are luxurious providing everything (slippers, towels, shampoo, hairdryers) at no extra price. The gym is well-equipped and open 24 hrs/day. I was there on vacation but would highly recommend this hotel for business travelers. What a great place to unwind after work! The only negative is that the bar and restaurant is very pricey. I paid $20 for a glass of pino grigio and a hamburger is about $25. It is located in a very upscale neighborhood, so guess that is to be expected. The metro/subway is right outside the hotel which makes it very convenient for touring.
5 night trip Mar 20, 2013
sharon
"Best ever memory in my life"
I spend three days staying in Puli for valentine's day. I think the overall service is very good, I really enjoy the hotel room with nice view of city. Since, the hotel provides free drinks in the room, I don't need to worry about drinking's in the room. At the each corner you could find a bottle of water, and in mini bar you could find lots of other soft drinks or beers. I would never forget such good hotel room experiences. The only concern is about staffs, they always speak shanghai local dialect.....
3 night trip Feb 13, 2013
Leo
"Fantastic Hotel"
Wonderful stay at the Puli. Great location. A bit of tranquility in a hectic city.
Other trip Jan 24, 2013
"Great Hotel!"
Everything is good except the toilet. Suggest to take a look the Xintiandi Langham's one.
Other trip Nov 13, 2012
"Fabulous and different"
I have stayed here 3 or 4 times now. This is a great hotel. Unique and very striking architecture and interior design -- modern zen. But the design doesn't get in the way of making this a comfortable place to be -- the lobby lounge (the Long Bar), the outside lounge, and the little library -- are all places that are comfortable to be in. Location is fabulous (if you need to be in JingAn). Service absolutely first rate. One restaurant on site which is good -- but there are numerous good restaurants within a couple of blocks of the hotel for more variety. Strongly recommend this property for a first class hotel that is different from (and better than) the typical glass and steel towers.
Other trip Sep 27, 2012
"Amazing hotel in Shanghai - with small children"
Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks with 2 small children in Shanghai. It was truly an oasis to come back to at the end of hectic and hot days around the city. The service was amazing - with many people (English spoken) to help with directions, cabs, recommendations. The pool and spa area are heaven. The pool is a long lap pool with a separate spa area. The room was large and every day they refreshed the fruit and mini bar which was all gratis / free. Excellent location next to a shopping mall, large grocery store and two food courts (try Reel next door for good inexpensive meals including the Mexican kiosk!). Also, metro line just at the bottom of the hotel as well. Only small complaint was breakfast is not included in our rate and quite expensive. We went to the Costa or Starbucks (downstairs in Reel) instead. Also a Family Mart small grocery just on the other side of the entrance in the building next store.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
Ellen
"never dissapointed"
The Puli is a very relaxing hotel after a very hectic work day.. As soon as you walk pass the front door you find your inner zen. The rooms are very spacious and the accomedations are very clean.
4 night business trip Jul 8, 2012
gidget
"I will definitely be booking again"
What a wonderful hotel, and fantastic staff. The service was top notch and staff beyond comparison. The rooms were clean and welcoming.
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2012
"The Best Hotel in Shanghai Period!"
This is the seconf time I stay at the Puli Hotel and I can't give it enough praise. It is by far one of the best five stars hotel I stayed at around the world. I highly recommend it and will definitely stay there again.
9 night business trip May 23, 2012

"Deep relaxation with an edge of fun"
Utterly beautiful hotel, amazing attention to detail, incredibly relaxing and everything smells good. Would happily live there.
4 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
christabel
"Shanghai"
Very very nice stay!
1 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
"Zen and the Art of Design"
An elegant hotel brininging a new dimension to guest comfort through uber-attentive service in a most delightfully-designed environment. If you are looking for something beyond the usual 5-star hotels, Puli will be a pleasant surprise.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
al
HK
"One my best hotel experiences..."
This is one of very few times you get what you pay for. The price is expensive even for Shanghai but I found the amenties and staff to be excellent. Everyone greets you with a smile and try to ensure you are comfortable during your stay. The pool, hottub and steam room are designed with elegance and functionality in mind. If you are coming to Shanghai you must try the Puli.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015