All hotels in Shanghai, China
1 ChangDe Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, Shanghai, 200040, China, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8

Great hotel overall, my stay was comfortable. But for that price I was slightly let down, as I would assume most things to be near perfect -> mainly maintenance issues, small things like the blinds, the walls, lighting buttons, the floor... all seem a bit weathered.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2015
Alfred Sai Kuen
This is a really beautiful hotel, nicely designed with great amenities. If you're here for work, its conveniently located with a metro stop just outside. Will definitely be back again!
2 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"An oasis"
Wonderful spacious rooms. Fantastic pool/spa. Vibrant Eastern Zen architecture.
Other trip May 19, 2015
first time at Puli but will be back if ever in Shanghai again
Other trip May 19, 2015
s
"Deep relaxation with an edge of fun"
Utterly beautiful hotel, amazing attention to detail, incredibly relaxing and everything smells good. Would happily live there.
4 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
christabel
"Shanghai"
Very very nice stay!
1 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
"Zen and the Art of Design"
An elegant hotel brininging a new dimension to guest comfort through uber-attentive service in a most delightfully-designed environment. If you are looking for something beyond the usual 5-star hotels, Puli will be a pleasant surprise.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
al
HK
"One my best hotel experiences..."
This is one of very few times you get what you pay for. The price is expensive even for Shanghai but I found the amenties and staff to be excellent. Everyone greets you with a smile and try to ensure you are comfortable during your stay. The pool, hottub and steam room are designed with elegance and functionality in mind. If you are coming to Shanghai you must try the Puli.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Travel to Shanghai"
We had a wonderful experience in Shanghai at the Puli Hotel and Spa. I would recommend it to anyone. It's located next to a subway station which makes it ideal when traveling around the city.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Shanghai stay"
very good indeed
3 night trip Dec 24, 2014
Trevor
"no Title"
Just a short stay in Shanghai. We did lots of walking, used the metro, local cafes etc. Great fun.
2 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
"One of my favorites in the world..."
This is one of my favorite hotels in the world. If it's your first trip to Shanghai, then perhaps you want to stay at one of the hotels on the Bund - just to say you did it once. But if you are making your second or frequent trips, this hotel is the best spot. World-class pool and spa, fantastic rooms and service, nice bar and an always bustling lounge - plus walking distance to incredible shopping and the edges of the French Concession with lots of cool little restaurants and lots of nightlife.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2014
Denise
"Great!"
Amazing design aesthetic. Professional staff. Great location. Is it all a bit too cool? Maybe, but it worked for me. Don't miss the spa and pool.
2 night business trip Nov 26, 2014
"Fabulous Hotel"
Fantastic hotel, recommend the sunday brunch, lovely design.
5 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Caroline
"Excellent location. Good reception."
Most enjoyable of all was the feeling of calm. We especially liked participating in the Long Bar service. We used the gym and swimming pool facilities which were superb. The proximity of the subway was an added bonus. We felt thoroughly relaxed.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Stanley
"Amazing!"
Amazing hotel with amazing service and design!! will definitely stay there again !
8 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Ryan
"Pleasurable Sanctuary"
Welcoming staff, a great location, well designed rooms the Puli Hotel has a good groove going on. Shanghai can be full on so it's nice to return to this oasis of comfort and style. Best gym and pool of any hotel I stayed in previously.
6 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Angela
NZ
"Great hotel, great location"
Hotel is really well located. Close to city centre, and on top of metro station. Pool is fab with steam room and sauna. Our room was really nice - big, clean and great facilities. We explored a lot on foot and when it got too hot we popped back for a swim.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
richard
"INCREDIBLE!!!!!!"
What else can be said but amazing, the space, comfort the luxury of the room were the best i have seen in Shanghai!!! Amazing really. The complimentary mini bar the nespresso machine, everything about this hotel was just PERFECT.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Amazing"
Best hotel I have stayed in. Want to move in. The service was impeccable. The decor funky.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
charlene
"Definitely my hotel for future stays"
Great area, great hotel. Perfect service. Atention detail and good breakfast. Good room and nice pool. Very recommended
3 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Abcd
"Very Special Hotel"
Just returned from the Puli and cannot stop raving about it. We had club rooms and the vaue for money was fabulous . It is both super cool and elegant. The staff are fantastic , rooms great , food and beverage divine.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Toni
"Perfect location"
Great
2 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
"An excellent hotel."
Excellent service from the moment I arrived.Front of house staff excellent.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"So Amazing"
Such a beautiful hotel. Amazing views aswell. Highly recommend!
Mollie
"Best Of The Best"
My stay here was fantastic. I just love the concept and design of the hotel inside and outside. Already booked Puli for August !
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
"Incredible room"
We hardly wanted to leave the beautiful room and very comfortable bed!
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2014
NZ
"First Class Hotel - Close to The Metro"
An absolutely fantastic modern hotel. Everything about the hotel was first class. The service was first rate. One of the best hotels I have stayed in the world. The staff all spoke very good English and the concierge was excellent also. The staff were all very helpful and all went the extra mile to make my stay as comfortable as possible - they succeeded. I would definitely stay at the Puli Shanghai if ever I visit Shanghai again. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Shanghai. I would recommend that anyone looking to stay at the Puli, should pay to upgrade to take advantage of the club facilities - it is worth it. The only mild criticism I have is that they should change the club menu on a daily basis, as it can get somewhat cumbersome having to choose from the same limited menu day in day out. Otherwise The Puli is a first rate and excellent hotel.
Other trip May 10, 2014
Bayo
"The best hotel I've stayed in"
The best hotel ever - exceeded all expectations. Would highly recommend to all travellers.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Avoid rooms overlooking the road"
A supposed upgrade to room 702 resulted in a very noisy night's sleep in a room no better in layout than the standard room we had used before, on a higher floor and NOT overlooking the road. Avoid 01-02 room numbers if at all possible.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"City Getaway"
Awsome!
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2013
kuman
Very modern and stylish hotel!!
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
SG
"So classy and exquisitely designed to every detail"
The details of this hotels design are amazing, the rooms so cleverly done, and for someone whos traveled a lot that's saying much. The art the bar, the soothing tones of greige are fantastic. A great respite after a hassling tussing day in urban shanghai. Couldnt wait to sit down at the long bar every night.
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
Sabina
Amazing
3 night business trip Dec 1, 2013
"An oasis of calm"
I cannot fault this hotel. It is a real oasis of calm in a frenetic city. I loved the décor - my room was stylish and very comfortable. The spa and pool was excellent and the staff were plentiful, polite and helpful.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
"Nice hotel, well located."
Pleasant stay, easily accessible.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
Tourist
SG
"unexpectly outstanding"
everything was amazing!
2 night trip Nov 3, 2013
"Nice and convenient location."
Great service and quick turnaround time on service calls to room.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Darren
"Superb! What a surprise!"
Perfect boutique hotel in the middle of Shanghai will all the amenities of a big chain. It’s no reason its rated #4 hotel in Shanghai. Close to the best shopping on Nanjing west and to the Jing'an Temple. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed and well soundproofed. They have great bath products, dual large closet space. Large bathroom with 2 sinks, large shower, separate toilet and a bathtub. The staff is top notch, and we were allowed to checkout in the late afternoon to catch an early evening flight. The spa and restaurant are great. The breakfast selection is very decent. Yes, its far from the Bund but its a 5$ taxi ride. Be prepared to wait for cabs, there is an office tower next door with a taxi stand so cabs pick up fairs there quicker than at the hotel.
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
travels
"Classy hotel beside Jing-an Temple/Park"
Near to lovely French concession area. Right beside metro line.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"Exceptional hotel with exceptional amenities"
We were there for trade shows and wish we could have stayed longer to fully appreciate the amenities...loved the spacious design of our room and all design aspects of the hotel..staff were exceedingly helpful
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"The Puli Hotel and Spa"
We have just spent. 6 nights st The Puli and loved it. The facilities are fantastic and the staff are so helpful and friendly. We are definitely going back to stay.
6 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2013
Leanne Giles
We stayed 3 nights at the Puli in Shanghai. great location, right next door to the metro station, shanghai metro very easy to use and cheap! Good restaurants close by and within walking distance of the French quarter. Lovely room, got a free upgrade. Service very good. Fully complimentary minibar which I haven't seen before including beers and snacks. Didn't use the spa as it was very expensive but looked good if you don't mind paying. Didn't have the opportunity to use the pool either but I am sure it would have been good. hotel is only about a year old. Very easy to get around using the shanghai metro, didn't use a cab once. Free wifi in rooms is a great bonus! Overall excellent hotel but expected for the price we paid.
3 night romance trip Oct 8, 2013
Yee
"Perfect"
So fantastic when a hotel over delivers on you expectation !!!!!
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Unbeatable for location and style"
We're former residents of Shanghai so we know the place very well. The location of the Pu Li is perfect - close to both Nanjing Lu and the French Concession with great restaurants and shopping on An Fu Lu, Fumin Lu and Fuxing Lu. Jing An temple is across from the hotel on Nanjing Lu and there is a metro station underneath. We could not fault the service and friendliness of staff and highly recommend the airport transfer (although it is super expensive) for a stress free and fast arrival in a Mercedes rather than the bone-rattling Shanghai cabs. We selected a Grand Room, with a view to the west and Jing An park. The room was quiet, not huge but a cleverly designed to make it feel open and spacious. Lots of thoughtful details like a Nespresso machine, technical kit (for your laptop etc), free wireless, fresh fruit, robes, slippers ... all the things you expect (and sometimes don't even get) when you stay at the top 5 star hotels. My husband is an extremely picky traveller and stays in some of the best hotels around the world for work and even he was impressed by the Pu Li. Unless you're in town for business only and need to be in Pudong I don't think there is a better hotel in the Puxi side. Will definitely be back for our next visit to Shanghai.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Katie
"Remarkable hotel"
Fantastic experience from the off. Arrived around 10am after a long flight and were taken immediately to an upgrade room far above what I could afford! Wonderful room, attention to detail, staff and spa. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I'm normally cynical about over positive reviews on Trip Advisor, but after travelling extensively around Asia, Africa and Europe, this place is certainly the finest hotel I have stayed in. 36 hours in Shanghai, but we barely wanted to leave the hotel.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
nb5690
"Very cool design and ambiance"
Wow, China has really become urban and international. And have the money to spend on hotels. Impressive design and layout of The Puli. Boutique feel yet quite a few rooms and all the amenities/facilities you'd ever need. The lobby bar as well as the library bar are good hangouts with certain buzz going on most of the time. Electricty went out middle of night in my room, and the front desk staff were great switched rooms immediately and made sure I got etra attention the rest of the stay.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2013
jonny
The stay was great except the pool is not very impressive, very small and facilities are not that great.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Great service!"
The best thing about this hotel is the staff. Had the need to get some painkillers from a pharmacy early one morning before I set off to a meeting outside of Shanghai. The night manager took me by taxi to a pharmacy that was closed, got it opened and help me purchase what I needed.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
"We enjoyed it."
This is the best hotel we had so far in China Shanghai. We love the whole environment of the hotel. The service is great. They were very helpful and very friendly. But only one man working at the reception had a funny attitude when we checked out. He was no smiling and no conversation with me at all while we were checking out. He just told me there is no other charge then picked up a phone infront of me and let me stand there for 5 mins then told me we were done. Little bit disappointed at the end. Over all wasn't bad experience in Puli hotel.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013