All hotels in Preston, England, United Kingdom
Marsh Lane, Preston, England, PR1 2YF, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good location for 53 degrees"
Hotel was basic and comfortable and very close to 53 Degrees.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
The Legacy Preston International is in a great location, we walked into Preston in 10 minutes but were far enough out to enjoy the quieter benefits. The hotel staff were friendly & very helpful. The breakfast was really good with fab coffee! The lobby smelled a bit of damp but that didn't hinder our stay and I would definitely use this hotel again.
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
"staff very good. Hotel needs some attention"
The staff were very good and attentive. Food in the restaurant and for breakfast was adequate. Howevery was disappointed about the mould and obvious leak in the bathroom. Also towels, although had been cleaned, had historical stains on them.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"Fantastic hotel"
Pleasantly surprised by the standard of this hotel. Cleanliness was excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful. Great choice and quality of breakfast. Value for money. Although location a little noisy no problems sleeping with windows closed. Handy location for city centre, shops, railway station etc. Free parking a definite plus especially so close to the centre. Some people say it is difficult to find but if you don't use satnav which I think directs you to the front of the hotel which is inaccessable it is not such a problem. Will definitely use this hotel again and will recommend it to others.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
tproc
"NOT suitable for the disabled."
On arrival parked in the only disabled bay. 5 mins after finding our room, the phone rang to tell me to move my car, which had a disabled badge, as they needed to park a coach? So I had to struggle down, after a four hour drive to move my disabled car, to the other side of the car park. UNETHICAL !!! The room was spacious, and lovely shower suitable for wheel chair bound. But on the second floor, and so VERY noisy. Even with the windows closed the noise from the traffic was LOUD and on the first night on, managed 3 hrs sleep. The second night I managed less than 5 hrs sleep. Had to have the TV volume loud to be able to hear it. The lift broke down on three occasions in 2 days and I was forced to use the stairs. I walk with sticks, I am disabled, and another guest could see I was having difficulty as my knees are so painfull, and had to help me and my bags to the 2nd floor. On asking the receptionist , she did say the lift often breaks down. I had planned on using the hotel next month for three night my my mother and myself, and she uses a mobility scooter. There are NO dropped curbs, to allow a mobility scooter from the car park into the front door. Manoeuvrability would be nill. The lift, when working is small. The walkways are narrow, and breakfast served in basement. ? Mum would NEVER be able to get down there. The breakfast was OK, although the bacon and sausages were awful. Had to stear more to the continental option. Glass of lemonade and portion of chips, £7.95!
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
anne
"Convenient"
Staff are always helpful,good clean rooms and close to town. Stayed many times.
7 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
"Quality Hotel for low price"
The hotel is very clean and modern. The breakfast was outstanding. The rooms were very quiet and peaceful. Have stayed here before this occasion, and will be using again. I use it when I am on a works night out to save messing with taxis late on
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2014
Wammer
"Great breakfast"
I think the full price quoted for this hotel was a bit over the top but at the special price on Hotels.com it was good value. The staff are lovely, the hotel is very comfortable and clean and the breakfast is absolutely terrific. The hotel location makes it a bit tricky to find due to one-way streets etc but definitely worth the effort. We'll certainly use it again if we need to break a journey in the Preston area.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
papiotos
"Would stay here again excellent hotel"
Everything that you need in your room very comfortable bed and clean, there is also a bath and a shower. Also breakfast included in the price We really enjoyed our stay and we would stay again in the future :) 10/10
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Ann
"Luxury!"
Wanted to visit Blackpool and saw this lovely hotel. Was glad we walked around the town which is obviously swarming with students soon. Such a great museum of Preston in the centre! The staff were great, the breakfast was yummy and the room so comfortable. Got a very good deal!
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
sue
"A good value hotel"
This hotel offers good value for money. We had a 2 night stay on 3rd floor with bed and breakfast. The room was comfortable but the ensuite could do with some minor work. ie bath mastic around the bath was starting to come away from the tiles. There is no air conditioning at this hotel. The only problem I found with this hotel was getting to it......it is on a one way street which is awkward to find the correct approach - come into Marsh Lane from the A59 eastbound. There is 1 other approach which is via Maudland Road and Leighton Street. Sat Navs tend to take you to the wrong end of the one way street making it very confusing - but that's not the hotels fault. Breakfast was very good - help yourself to cereals, cooked food and toast and tea/coffee. Staff were very busy but friendly. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Tony A
"Comfort in Preston"
Everything was great except the air conditioning was noisy. Preston is a very interesting city with lots of history and excellent cultural assets with museums, galleries, parks etc.
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Julie Ward
Very happy with hotel and very surprised for the money.
4 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"Nice hotel."
Very functional for what was needed. Good value and clean and pleasant.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Well maintained, close to centre"
Good value, clean and well maintained. Good location, helpful staff.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Tony
"Nice room"
Comfortable overnight stay.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Good but dusty"
Hotel location and all is great, just bit surprised that this quality hotel doesnt even dust the room proper. i would imagine the cleaners would dust the room daily but this room didnt look like it was done for weeks. Other wise the room was good and area is nice
3 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"Pleasantly surprised"
Good service and great value, definitely recommend and would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Great value"
Great value as always. We have stayed here before and will stay again if we are in the area.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"legacy preston"
really nice hotel enjoyed the room very stylish and good all round experience.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014
woohoo
"Very close to the student area and bars"
What a fantastic hotel! I have stayed there twice this year and it is now my hotel of choice. It's about a 10 minute walk from the main shopping area and night-life of Preston and about 15 mins or less walk from the train station. Look no further for a quality and value Preston hotel.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Difficult to find. Locals knew of the Hotel, but not how to get to it.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Ed
"Great VFM"
Rooms ok with new refurbed rooms. My TV never worked although they did offer to move rooms but I declined. Very helpful. Showers excellent. £3.60 fir can if carlsberg is expensive. Town centre 100 yards away with good pubs. Do not use the take away 20 yards from hotel.... Awful. Hotel and staff superb fir what you pay
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
Birdy
"Excellent customer service and a great breakfast!"
The hotel location was an excellent 5 minutes walk from the main town center, however being slightly off the beaten track it's not the most intuitive to find. The customer service was outstanding with some of the friendliest staff, and the breakfast was great too!
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Lee
"3 NIGHT BREAK"
Overall not a bad place to stay,nice staff,slept well.
3 night romance trip Jun 13, 2014
shirl
"Nice hotel, not far from the train station."
The staff were friendly and helpful, they helped us with directions and even finding a restaurant. Room was clean and spacious. Breakfast was nice but there was not much on offer for vegetarians to eat other than the basics. We had a comfy bed so I was quite happy.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Girls on tour!"
We were a group of 25 adults and 15 year old girls representing Yorkshire girls at cricket on a tour to Lancashire. The hotel was clean and friendly but difficult to find on the one way system around Preston. Our sat nav seemed to take us round in circles so you are probably better following a map. The breakfast was fine and filling and the guy on the bar overnight was very friendly.Rooms were clean and functional but a bit disappointing in terms of extras eg only one packet of biscuits, one shampoo, one shower gel etc.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Debs
"Brilliant hotel"
Hotel was good location and had car parking. The room was great, comfy bed, good facilities even including a safe, ironing board and iron. Cannot fault in anyway. Breakfast was good and times for it were good as well. The check out of time was good as there was no rushing to be out. Thought the hotel was very clean and the staff very good.
Other trip May 19, 2014
sharron
I have stayed in this hotel on one previous occasion when I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the cooked English Breakfast is included in the price :D Most other hotels charge extra for this so it's a real winner at the Legacy Preston. I slept well and the room was great. The staff were great too (shout out to the cleaner too, whoever she was!).
Other trip May 18, 2014
Having stayed at the Legacy, Preston before,we expected a clean,comfortable room,good service and good food and we were not disappointed. Our only problem was a lumpy mattress but as we did not complain that cannot be held against the hotel.
7 night family trip May 1, 2014
"Nice easy hotel, clean."
Nice clean hotel. Lovely staff. Good facilities in the room.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"still not 100%"
Apart from the towels smelling of chip fat and again the rooms still being to hot so had to have the windows open and the noise from the road was loud it was fine.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
diyden
"Always a pleasant stay!"
An excellent hotel located in a central location. Good breakfast, good service and like the fact that there is a hairdryer and iron in room. Have stayed here many times to visit old uni friends. Will be back and a couple of weeks :)
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
charlotte86
"comfy bed"
all that we hoped for with a lovely breakfast.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
mike
"reply"
staff good,parking very tight, no one helped with our luggage . We also wanted to eat in the hotel .We reluctantly decided to do this although it was very noisy by a large crowd (using a lot of foul language) seated next to the bar.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Overnight"
Really convenient location. Especially for the university of central Lancashire. Great staff and good parking. .also not to far to station. Rooms a good size clean and comfortable..a good range of choice for breakfast.. .. excellent value for money
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
barfield
"A very average hotel"
There is nothing essentially wrong with this hotel, there just isn't much, if anything, that's above average. The one commendation would be the woman running the breakfast room who was efficient, friendly and speedy. The location suits those with business at the university but otherwise the hotel is quite cut off from the ammenities of the town. Free wi fi is always welcome and should be free throughout the hospitality industry as it is, on the whole, in USA and Canada.
1 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Frequent leisure traveller
"Great location for Shopping and Station"
We found our one night stay enjoyable. Hotel clean and tidy, car parking good,and lifts to every floor. Some reviews have mentioned beds were too soft. The beds were very comfy for a great nights sleep but only soft when sitting on edges of the bed. Bathroom and shower were very clean and adequate pressure. Plenty of choice for breakfast. Hotel staff very obliging. Only a short walk to the main shopping area and Prestons railway Station. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
J.R.
"Great hotel, perfectly placed for visiting family."
Fantastic stay, hotel staff were great. Overall just what we wanted. We have been before and will go again.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"good find"
very nice,closer to town than we thought,rooms warm,good tv
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
nick
"Good hotel for the money"
Booked via Hotels.com with a great rate for bed and breakfast. Central location near the train station and although the bedrooms are nothing extraordinary, the hotel have clearly thought about what features travellers welcome. The competition for this standard of hotel would be Holiday Inn Express or a Jurys Inns. However, unlike the competition, you get a room safe, iron, great bed and a decent range of hot drinks. It is little things like this that really help as you don't book these places for their fancy gyms or grounds. The breakfast was ok and the evening meal very good so I would recommend the hotel as long as it's price point doesn't rise to put it up against say a Devere Village or Marriott hotel, who have far more to offer in terms of activities and choice of restaurant.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2014
R Bell
"Good Value"
2nd time to stay at this hotel, excellant value & good location.
3 night business trip Dec 16, 2013
"great value for money"
Good location with spotless rooms and friendly service - value for money cannot be beaten.. definitely my hotel of choice for the area.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Easily the best hotel in Preston.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"Awesome hotel!"
Loved my stay, better than any other hotel I've ever stated at!
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Joelotoole1993
"GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY"
Had a twin room on the second floor which was quite large but think this was actually a room for the disabled as the bathroom was very large and was a wet room with a pull cord and hand rails but had no complaints as it was perfectly OK for our needs. The only down side for me was the noise from the road and the room was very warm but if I opened the window the noise was worse so I did not sleep very well but I am a light sleeper anyway. My husband said he slept well though. The breakfast the following morning was perfectly fine and it did offer a good choice so no complaints there. One thing I did notice was there were no mattress or pillow protectors on the bed and I actually thought these were standard nowadays so that they can be changed after every guest has used the bed as every hotel that we have stayed in has always had these? Otherwise for what we paid for 1 nights stay it was well worth the money and would look at staying at legacy hotels in the future. I would also like to say that the staff we came into contact with during our stay were very nice indeed.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
ss8
"Only downside is finding it!"
Cant complain about our short stay at this hotel, breakfast good, rooms very clean, tidy and ample space for 2 adults + 2 kids. Only downside is that the hotel is on a oneway system behind university and so was troublesome locating it especially at night. Other than that would recommend.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2013
"Good hotel for a quick stop over in Preston"
This is a decent hotel close to the train station in Preston. Staff were very friendly at both check-in and check-out. Room/bathroom both very clean. Bed was way too soft for our liking and so didn't have a great sleep. Our room was close to the lift, which was very noisy when in use. Also fairly disappointing that we weren't able to get anything to eat in the hotel as we had travelled up from London and didn't arrive until after 9.30pm. Despite calling for room service at 10:04 we were told that the kitchen closed at 10pm and they weren't able to offer us anything to eat. There is nowhere to get food close to the hotel.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Good hotel.
5 night business trip Oct 6, 2013
"easy access to town on foot"
easy to park. staff helpful. really useful having iron and ironing board and free wifi. our second stay here-would stay again.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013