All hotels in Canmore, Alberta, Canada

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Awesome vibe
It was a beautifully decorated inn. I felt at home and wished I could have spent more time there. The staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the pub and the knowledgeable bartender, who recommended a terrific cider. I would definitely recommend the Georgetown Inn and would stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2013
Elana
"The Adorable Georgetown Inn in Canmore"
The staff were a delight to deal with - friendly, accommodating, and efficient. I was expecting a place a little on the rough side based on some other reviews (tripadvisor) but the inn was almost immaculate and really made our time in Canmore/the Cdn Rockies pleasurable. The fresh cookies and tea set ready to go in our room upon arrival were an extra little touch that was greatly appreciated. The restaurant/pub downstairs was incredibly convenient and closes at 9/10pm so a good night's sleep was available. I highly recommend this place.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Krista
"refreshingly not like a chain hotel"
Funky boutique feel. Has a slightly worn charm and the parts that count, good bed and sheets, clean, good bathroom facilities and friendly staff. Small touches like homemade shortbread cookies and tea with a real china tea pot to greet you. They even still use real keys. Our room was large and comfy, and the way it was laid out made watching TV or the fire from the made for two corner tub a cozy time. This is a real inn, unpretentious and comfortable. So if you are trying to avoid the cookie cutter, hotel chain, all the furniture from the hotel furniture store experience, then this is for you. Good downtown location as well, which can make it a bit noisy but the way Canmore is laid out you can't really help that. Would recommend and would definitely stay there again. Good value for$$.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
vicki
"Wonderful Experience"
Wonderful experience. The staff were friendly and efficient, the rooms were beautifully furnished and the location was exceptional.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Keith
"Business guest"
Historical hotel with decor to match. Very pleasant stay. Enjoyed the shortbread cookies as a nice add on. Restaurant service was very slow on the first night but the restaurant was unusually busy for a Monday evening. Next evening was no problem.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
merle
"Quaint!"
We enjoyed it very much and thought it was great value. The "lift" (elevator) was very interesting. Front Desk Clerk was very thorough and informative. Would definitely go back!
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2013
"Awesome Surprise!"
We weren't quite sure what to expect after reading some reviews, but this was one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in! The staff were so wonderful and friendly. After we checked in, we had freshly baked cookies waiting for us in our room, then one staff member called about 15 minutes later to ask if everything was up to our standards. We stayed in the Victoria room, which was such a good deal for the gorgeous room it is! Comfy king bed, nice fireplace, huge corner jetted tub in the living room with a bar beside it and nice TV, and seperate bathroom with a roomy waterfall style shower. I wouldn't have changed anything! Definitely get the most for your dollar here, especially in the area it is. I'll be staying here every time I'm in the Canmore and Banff area.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
"Lovely spot"
My only suggestion is that there be some chairs to sit on in the room,especially for the fireplace.Also chairs are necessary by the reception.Sometimes when people enter the hotel,one partner checks in while the other waits.It is the waiting partner that needs a spot or seat ro sit on .The staff were very attentive and friendly.I will certainly recommend and return to this place.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Lee
"friendly staff"
we treated ourselves to our last night in Canada at this hotel after being in an RV for 12nights.Food was delicious best home made mango chutney ive ever had.Staff were friendly room spacious.Hope it hasn't suffered too much in the floods
1 night trip Jun 17, 2013
"An Inn with missed potential"
On arrival and parking we were leery as kitchen door open to parking lot and area noisy with smokers. Not an inviting scene. The staff were attentive and our room lovely. The hotel itself seemed to have it's theme confused....instead of a true English Pub the eating area looked more like a neglected bar. Carpets were old and torn in the hallways.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"well located and comfortable but needs maintenance"
The room was spacious and comfortable and our location in the building was quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were clean. However, the upholstery on the pub chairs was stained and needs replacing. I did not want to sit on stained upholstery. Some of the furniture needs refinishing and repainting. I like the old look of the building and furnishing but expect the rugs and furnishing to not appear so well worn as that gives an appearance of dirty. The back entrance to the hotel near the kitchen gives the impression of a dumpy hotel. Management needs to make this area much better as it is the first thing you see coming in.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
"A favourite hotel"
Excellent service, room and meals. Unfortunately old sheets on bed caused some issues which were however quickly and satisfactorily dealt with. Staff was superb
1 night trip Jun 9, 2013
"Beautiful mountain views."
It was pleasant and the room was clean and very comfortable. Enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and the mountain views from my windows.
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
"Pleasant stay, but needs updating."
Stayed in the Elizabeth room: Old decor, bed cover and decorative pillows are from my Granddad's time, a LITTLE TOO WORN OUT. Good value for short stay. Mattress too soft. Nice ,spacious bathroom, loved the bathrobes.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
"Cutest Hotel Ever!!"
This was the cutest hotel ever!! It was so perfect for our romantic getaway. Absolutely no complaints. The staff were excellent and very friendly and we loved every minute of our stay.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Margaret
"george town inn"
The georgetown inn is a. Beautiful step back in time themed inn. It is decorated with beautiful antiques with modern day comforts. It was all and more than I had expected. The staff and the restaurant/pub were fabulous! I would highly recommend this inn.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Quirky pseudo-Brit"
Comfortable large room (Elizabethan) different than standard chain hotel/motels. Nice looking resto & pub which we did not use because there is a terrific Indian resto nearby called The Spice Hut. Officious receptionist.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"It was reasonable. Victorian style from inside."
It was reasonable though restaurant was a bit pricy.
Romance trip May 27, 2013
W
"Relaxation at the end of a long day of travel"
It was so nice to get to a clean and comfortable room after a day of travel. Our room had a nice sitting area complete with tea cups and some cookies in front of a fireplace. We have stayed here before and we look forward to staying again. It didn't disappoint.
1 night trip May 20, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Authentiek hotel"
Authentiek hotel, prettige mensen. Jammer van vermelding restaurant / Bar 7 dagen open, welke dan net niet open bleken te zijn toen wij er 1 nacht verbleven. Prijs vriendelijk. Ligt wat uit centrum, trein kan vervelend zijn voor lichte slapers. Voor ons geen probleem. Canmore is toeristische plaats, prachtige omgeving.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2013
1 night trip Jun 6, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Georgetown Inn

"Quirky and wonderful with a view"
05/03/16 Tabi C
The hotel itself is quirky and interesting. Take some time to look at the memorabilia if you can. The patio is huge and well kept under a variety of mature trees and facing the mountains. The pub offers traditional, homey food. I recommend the lamb stew. All the staff from the front desk to the pub are friendly, knowledgeable, and do a great job taking care of guests. Our "Elizabeth room" was a treat. The bathroom as well as the rest of the room was spotlessly clean. The soaking tub in the bathroom is huge and very deep, and the toiletries and robes provided made it a pleasure. The china tea pot, tea, and cookies provided were a lovely touch. The view from the window was beautiful. Watching the mountain peaks turn pink with the sunrise is a wonderful way to start the day.
"Great place, great pub"
04/25/16 Benz12345 Edmonton, Canada
They gladly accommodate pets, the pub was awesome with great food and local beer on tap. I'd stay again. It's clean and cozy. It's not a chain which means you're getting top-notch locals providing the great service.
"Just what I needed"
04/23/16 paulrk2112 Vancouver, Canada
I stayed here while traveling alone in April. I was impressed - my room was clean and comfortable with old fashioned furnishing and a newly renovated bath. The pub was great, really good food and beer and friendly staff. I'm taking my wife here next time!
"Good stay, would return again"
04/20/16 Mandie73 London, United Kingdom
We stayed there for two nights with my mothering in law who was visiting us from the UK, our room was a good size and clean. Being British we loved the small touches of the teapot set out and the royal bits in the room. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a good location, we would return to the hotel as it was very quaint.
"Best fish and chips in alberta. "
03/30/16 Carey B Calgary, Canada
This place is awesome. Reasonable prices, great atmosphere, service and by far some of the best fish and chips anyway... With halibut! This joint has been around for many years and deserves all the accolades and longevity that come from serving wicked vittles.
"A "quaint place" to stay."
03/27/16 Ruth P Calgary, Canada
We booked the suite on the ground floor. The rooms were nice, average, clean and tidy. The bed was lovely and smelled really clean and crisp. Plenty of coffee and toiletries left for you. However, our one complaint was the noise from what appeared to be the ice making room next door. Especially at 7 am the first morning when someone was digging out ice for the bar, at least that is what it sounded like. We enjoyed our time there, although a little noisy, vacuuming at 7 am, dog barking at 10 pm, ice machine, people banging around in the room above us, etc. Don't expect a modern, up to date inn, it is very dusty and old fashioned but we did have a great weekend.
"Bring your own hot water for jetted tub"
02/21/16 canadavenyc Canada
I just got back after a weekend celebrating my 15th wedding anniversary by taking my wife here by surprise. I wanted to book a place in Canmore, and this looked like a charming place, and the Tripadvisor reviews are very good. Well, I was less than impressed. Let's put it this way: for $210 a night (taxes included), I was expecting a LOT better. The hotel itself seems quite dated, and I'm sorry but there's a difference between "charming" and "dusty and dirty looking". If the idea is to try to come across as a quaint old English inn, the small dusty "Est. 1993" badge above the front door doesn't help, and neither does the shabby interior and exterior. The room they put us in was 217, a Victoria Room by their nomenclature. Maybe other travellers are getting the "good" (i.e. renovated) Victoria rooms, but this one looked not much like the shiny beautiful ones on their website. This one was smallish and tired-looking--desperately needs renovation, or at least a coat of new paint. Not at all what I was expecting and not at all worth the price paid. It did have a jetted tube and fireplace. The jetted tub, while wonderful in concept (certainly large enough for 2 people), didn't work well in practice. The hot water ran out before it filled up, leaving us a lukewarm bath. I thought maybe it was just that a lot of people were using the water, but no--it did it again the second time. I had to go boil water in a kettle to try to bring the water up to hot temperature--ridiculous. The TV in the room was tiny and tucked high away in a far corner. We don't normally watch much TV on vacation anyway, but if you do, you'll be disappointed. And although the windows were nice, the view was of the inn across the street. Noise was not too much of a problem, thank goodness. The train does go by once or twice, but it never blows a horn, and was not like in Jasper where the trains are hooking and unhooking constantly and loudly--it just passes through and is gone in a minute. All in all, not the worst place I've ever stayed at, but certainly well below expectations, and nowhere near worth $210 a night in the dead season in Canmore. I felt it was only worth $100-$125 or so, and only if the hot water had worked for the tub. Worst of all, I did mention that it was our 15th anniversary when I booked online, so you'd think someone might've taken a little trouble to make sure that we were put in a nicer room than the one we got.
"Exceeded Expectations"
02/17/16 Oilerman Calgary
We were delighted with our stay at the Georgetown. My wife has made several trips to Canmore with friends and always stayed at the larger newer hotels near-by. We decided this time to try the Georgetown partly because of the other reviews on trip advisor. This is a hotel with personality. Antiques line the corridors/room and it has nostalgic English feel to throughout. We found it very clean with the rooms, furniture and fixtures well maintained and in good condition. We had a Victoria room that we found very comfortable and spacious. Being there on the long weekend it was fully booked, and yet surprisingly quiet. Our room was on the back side and not above the pub, we literally did not hear a peep from any of the other guests. We were presently surprised throughout. Staff was friendly, and you can't beat only having to stumble up a short staircase to your room after enjoying the pub.
"Surprisingly beautiful rooms!"
02/11/16 DonAngStewart Calgary, Canada
The reason I titled it surprising is because to pull up outside and see the hall decor, you are literally shocked to open the door to one of the nicest rooms in Canmore. The outside and interior genuinely feels like an older British B&B, with a great, authentic British pub and menu. The room however is the star... Hardwood floors, beautiful old fashioned soaker tub, fireplace, huge, comfy king size bed, high ceilings and tasteful decor. We truly enjoyed our stay and recommend you give it a try.
"Perfect Relaxed Place for a Getaway"
02/10/16 CarrieM35 Calgary, Canada
We've stayed at the Georgetown many, many times and have never been disappointed. The inn has character, is always clean, and the staff are super relaxed and friendly. The pub has great English-inspired food and is a really cozy place to spend some time. This place feels like home!