All hotels in Meriden, Connecticut, United States of America

Comfortable
    Bad pool
    Food is not good
"Good value."
Got in late at night. No problems checking in. The room seemed like it had been a while since it had been renovated, but it was clean, and had no objectionable smell. I am fairly sure it had not been used by a smoker in some time. Next morning we had breakfast, which was actually pretty good, and then I took my wife to her conference and came back to the hotel to get ready for the day and check out. It was a rather usual type of trip. The price was reasonable, and I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
"Horrible"
I have stayed in this hotel 3 times in the past month, each time worse than the last. Rooms were acceptable but not great.. Not very clean. My main issues included being double and once triple charged for each room I got. Had to call management to get them removed from my account after each stay. My last stay I called ahead to ensure they had a king bed room available before I booked (since that was an issue in my first stay). They assured me that they did so I booked the room. Upon arrival at the hotel I waited 30 minutes at the front desk while they checked if they any available rooms at all (let alone a king room). They gave me the "last one available" (i had already booked on hotels.com so im not sure how this was even possible) which had a double bed and no working air conditioner. I checked out immediately and was still double charged for a room I didn't even stay in. Will not return. Beware!
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
"Very clean and excellent continental breakfast."
Arrived only for an overnight stay, with 2 senior people and 2 teens, along with myself in the same room. The room and bathroom we're clean, linens smelled fresh, and roll away bed was provided, at an extra fee, unfortunately. Continental breakfast was very good with pancake, whole wheat bread, eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, cereal, muffins, scrambled eggs, oatmeal and fruits available. Anyway, it was a wonderful for a last minute overnight stay.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Very nice for the money."
Very nice and large room. Furnishings and fixtures seemed fairly new. Hotel very clean. Breakfast was much better than the average continental breakfast. Would be nice to have a small refrigerator in room, but that is my only complaint. Would absolutely stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"CLERK NAMED LAURA DESERVES A RAISE - FABULOUS ***"
IT WAS GREAT STAY, LAURA TREATED US VERY WELL, TOOK CARE OF US. ONLY COMPLAIN I HAVE IS SIGNAL AT HOTEL WAS VERY BAD ... AND POOL WATER WAS ALWAYS COLD, NEED TO WARM IT UP GUYS! BUT SERVICE WAS AWESOME ... CT, OVER ALL WAS GREAT* THANK YOU!
4 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"pool is freezing"
location is not ideal, swimming pool is small and freezing.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
Only problem was that the chlorine smell in the indoor pool was very strong. The room didn't seem to have enough ventilation, therefore my granddaughter couldn't enjoy it for fear it would trigger her asthma.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
cy
"Beautiful hotel, Service with a smile, Comfy Stay"
Holiday Inn never fails to meet/exceed expectations. The hotel matched the photos online (unlike some hotels nowadays), the staff were knowledgeable and friendly, and the room was very roomy and extremely clean/comfortable. I felt very safe and loved the free Wi-Fi and breakfast. (Not to mention the free cookies offered in the lobby!) The one slightly negative thing, was the fact that the blinds didn't fully close. There was a thin white curtain that could open and close, and an additional (decorative) thick one in front of it. I had hoped to be able to close that as well, but that wasn't possible. The sun came shining through, waking me up a bit earlier than I'd hoped for...but otherwise a fantastic stay! I'd definitely recommend this hotel chain to my friends and family! I'll definitely use this hotel again in the future!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Nice hotel..
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
w.v.
Average holiday Inn express. Fitness center included 1 bicycle and 1 tredmill. Food was average. Overall good hotel for the area.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
nahh
Great stay, hotel staff was great, very clean hotel, pool was a bit murky.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Not Bad"
We stayed 5 nights, it was easy to find and the staff was very friendly. They were wonderful about accommodating us and the housekeeping kept amenities stocked. The hotel ran out of towels at one point and we had to wait until later that evening for more, but we were able to get some. The ice maker on the 3rd floor was no longer working , but we were able to get more on the 2nd floor.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Lynn
"Acceptable option"
The hotel was a little bit short of the quality I expect with this chain. Had to hunt three floors to find a working ice machine, our room had lingering odors of cigarettes from long ago, and the hot breakfast items were absent or poorer quality than they ought to have been. The staff was really pleasant. Location was about 6-8 miles from a variety of towns, but not particularly convenient to any one place. With a little more ambition, investment, and creativity, this hotel could get high marks, and could warrant charging a little more, if the location could draw business travelers.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Thurber
"Two nights in Meriden, CT"
The hotel was okay; the room was a good size. However, with a little more attention to detail it could be so much better. For example: there was no shampoo the first night and the air conditioning was turned to 66 degrees. The desk chair was ripped and, when pointed out to the person at the desk, I was told, "All the chairs came that way. Sorry." The hem on the curtain was hanging and one of us killed a roach in the bathroom. The bed was not made up with any flair: while the bedding was clean, it was wrinkled--and the pillows were appropriate for a smaller bed (this was a king-size). The breakfast was satisfactory, about what one would expect. However, having stayed at another Holiday Inn Express that was so much better (Cooperstown, NY), we were disappointed. There is a lot of competition in Meriden where lodging is concerned and I suggest checking out the other hotel chains as well. Best thing: 10 miles from Middletown, CT and its very good restaurants.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Off the main highway but still a clean nice hotel.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Stay at holiday inn express in Meriden, conn"
We only stood for one night but found this hotel to be clean and the service was great. I asked for two queen size beds and that's what I got. The pictures of the hotel on-line were consistent with what we received. I definitely would stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
Anthony
Clean and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was all you could ask. Parking lot was convenient and FREE! They had a heated pool which was nice. My only complaint is that a fitness center is not 3 tredmills and a scale. Get some weights!
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"frustrated"
i had a problem finding the hotel because it was not facing the street and is next door to another hotel - so when you go by you do not see the sign which is subtle I was driving around for over 2 hours trying to find it. I called the hotel and they were helpful. It would have been helpful to know that the hotel ran along side the other hotel not next to it. Also the info i gave the reservation person was not given to the hotel and I had to give them the corrected info.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
not happy
Very nice hotel, TV was not working and had to unplug it in order to get it to work wit the remote. Staff was very helpful and offered to change rooms and they also gave us new batteries for the TV remote. Overall though nice rooms, good location and nice staff.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Josee Beier
"There are better places to stay in the area"
Inadequate lighting in room, carpet stains, chair worn, tiny bathroom, poorly trained cleaning ladies, wifi connection not the best. These comments are for the standard room I had, not a suite. I actually had to remove a lampshade in order to read; hotel shampoo used up in two days, not replaced; used, wet towels left in tub and sink. Breakfast ok, but scrambled eggs had no flavor, consistency too smooth; fear they were powdered.
4 night family trip May 15, 2014
Donald
"Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden"
The lobby was very nice with cookies & coffee/tea. Vinnie checked us in, and was very helpful & friendly, even though it was late. Our room needs some maintenance work done on it though. The ceiling seemed to be breaking away from the wall-- there was a huge crack all along the seam between the ceiling & the wall. There was mold in the shower, a large rip in the bed skirt, the pillows were lumpy, and there were crumbs on the carpet, making it seem like it maybe hadn't been vacuumed. Breakfast was good, and overall it was fine, with just a few maintenance issues. Thanks!
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Okay but"
Everything went except they charged my credit card 13.64. I called the corporate office and no one has returned my phone calls yet.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Good Deal"
Comfortable bed, spacious room, lots of parking, and free breakfast. What more can you want? Vinnie at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. There were no more towels at the pool but he quickly restocked them. The only glitch was that the pancake maker wasn't working but the breakfast was very good nonetheless.
1 night family trip May 3, 2014
Jaime
"Pool"
I am a big fan of HI Express!!! When we stay at a hotel, one of our requirements is an indoor swimming pool. The pool here was so cold we could not swim! As we were heading down to the pool, a couple told us that the water was very cold and we probably wouldn't be swimming. I figured, eh, they're adults. Kids can handle a water temp a little cooler. It was a lot cooler. Unfortunately we had a sad boy. Please turn up the heat on the pool. Other than that, the hotel was good. But because of that, I wouldn't chance it again so I won't be staying there when visiting relatives in CT.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2014
Janette
Stayed one night with 4 kids in the room, room was very large and fit us all comfortably. Picked this hotel due to location in relation to Toyota Oakdale Theater, short drive away for teenage girls to attend concert. Only downside was the pool was on the cold side for an indoor pool. We drove into NYC the next day and went to the Bronx Zoo, only about an hour and a half. Made for a very nice getaway.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Good Value"
Good value, Hotel was very nice, room very comfortable, Good amount of choices for breakfast.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Good Stay"
Overall good stay. No towels when we got there but they brought some up right away. Clean room and very spacious. Definitely worth the price and I would come here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2014
"Holiday Inn"
The experience at the hotel was great however expedia booked the wrong room for me but the hotel handled it very well.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"BEWARE OF YOUR CREDIT CARD"
My fiancée and I stayed here, were very happy with the room at first. However, after the show, the electricity in the hotel went out, TV didn't work and the staff after the stay accused us of smoking in our room and charged us $200 extra for our room. I called and the staff member stated that the hotel were getting complaints of smoke on our floor but didn't want to wake the guests so they didn't really know who was smoking. They just blamed us and charged us crazy money for supposed smoke damage.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"AAA"
Would stay again.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
Randy
The hotel was very clean. The staff was helpful. The breakfast was good. Only issue is that it was a bit challenging to get to as there is no direct access from the street if you are heading north. Unfortunately there isn't a great deal (fast food, shopping) immediately nearby. You have to travel about seven or eight minutes to find things. Overall the hotel itself was nice. Worth staying at for the price
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
RBN
"Clean and neat, but VERY noisy"
We had to wait about 15 minutes until we could actually check in, which was annoying when its late, you are tired and just want to get in your room. There was a sign at the front desk that said "be right back"....that was it. I find it odd they only have one person manning the check-in desk. So that kind of set us off in a negative mood. But the room was neat, clean for the most part. The only real downfall was how noisy the hotel was. You could hear EVERYTHING. People were going in and out of their rooms, just letting the doors slam behind them and it was so loud. You could hear people coughing in the next room too. So just overall very noisy but it was only one night so we survived.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Mishegrl
"Convenience is the key"
What an outstanding staff----everyone so helpful and friendly. Quality room, service and amenities!! I will definitely stay here when I next go to Connecticut.
5 night trip Feb 19, 2014
Connie
"close to the event we were attending"
i was pleased with the hotel manaqement ,cleanliness and service
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
carmen alvira
"Hotel was good"
Good hotel
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2014
"Conveniently Located Near Major Highways"
Relatively new facility with modern decor. Bed extremely comfortable, with all types of pillows for your comfort(firm, soft, etc). Pool on the small side, but adequate. Breakfast with a large variety of items. Good value for the price.
2 night trip Jan 22, 2014
Lynn
"Visiting family"
The hotel was excellent! The staff was very helpful and nice. The room we stayed in had two queen beds and was large enough for a roll out bed. Very clean and comfortable.
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2013
Shawn
"Very pleased"
Stayed here for Christmas visit with nearby family. Staff incredibly nice and helpful. Breakfast good as always. Room and entirely facility impeccably clean. Only complaint is bathroom fan is extremely loud and there is no separate control for light, so the loud fan is on whenever the light is on! Great indoor pool and exercise area. Location convenient but is on busy turnpike - did not notice any noise though. Would stay again.
7 night family trip Dec 19, 2013
"A pleasant stay"
The stay was good. The staff is very friendly and helpful . The breakfast was good and fresh . Will be back again
1 night trip Dec 15, 2013
Vinnie
"just about perfect"
our adjoining rooms were tidy and clean. hotel employees were very pleasant and helpful. a desk clerk sent us to an excellent bakery in town. only thing to make it more than almost perfect - a refrigerator and perhaps a microwave. because we were staying several days, it would have been nice to be able to keep some refrigerated food and to be able to microwave leftovers!
3 night trip Dec 6, 2013
nltr
I had a great stay here. The staff was really friendly and helpful
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2013
Cheryl
"Fesses"
The room was nice, breakfast area was clean and well stocked. I was at the pool with my family about 7:30pm and a crowd of young girls (about 10) came in screaming and being reckless do my family and I left. We when to the pool 7am the next morning and there were dirty towels everywhere and a towle covered in fesses on the ground. We when to the front desk and it was almost 2 hours before someone cleaned the pool area!
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
"Enjoyable!"
It was great!
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
"Up to HI Express standard"
Nice, clean lobby, breakfast area, and room. Nothing to complain about. It's a HI Express, not the Waldorff. You'll need a car to get a decent dinner if you stay here.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Steve-Raleigh
"Disappointing stay."
The hotel was understaffed and fairly unattended to. Our two bed suite on the first floor smelled absolutely awful. The carpeting was old, moldy and grimy. The bed and bedding were fine but the overall atmosphere was dingy and unkempt. I would not return to this hotel.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Great find"
Beautiful hotel. Swimming pool was super fun for the kids Breakfast was fantastic and plentiful. Great stay.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
stacey
"Home for a week"
Great location and was great home away from home while traveling with 2 year old. Bring your own pillows though bc these are a bit lumpy.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"Don't stay at this hotel"
Hotel staff would not provide a receipt. "We don't do that".
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"Clean, new, spacious"
We stayed the night before visiting Pumpkintown USA and my kids loved the pool. The pool water was warm!
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2013
"stay somewhere else"
The hotel room had a very bad odor, somewhere between musty and stale cigarette smoke. There was a sign in our room "no smoking", but with the odor it was hard to believe. The stairway was musty smelling, very strong. The first night the pool was COLD! The second night it was okay. The first morning the breakfast was good, but the second morning they weren't bothering to refill the food trays as they did the morning before. Overall not the greatest experience. Definitely would not go back or recommend it.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013