All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1930 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great area, no cold water"
The bath tub was gross. The cold water did not work and they could not fix it.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Nice hotel. Jacuzzi was lukewarm. It is close to cal poly and downtown.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"2 week stay"
quiet location rooms are nice and clean it was nice to have two sinks with one separate from the shower toilet area. there is a good sized desk and lots of channels on the TV price was very reasonable for this place @ $89.00
5 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
"Very Pet Friendly!"
We stay at the Sands in SLO quite often because we bring our dog when we come to visit our son at Cal Poly. The hotel is conveniently located, very clean, and the staff is great. It is a bit dated, but you really can't beat it for the price!
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"Decent hotel"
Walls are very thin so neighboring room noise as well as outside noise can be issues. Staff is very courteous, breakfast bar looked good (although we opted to go to a full restaurant for breakfast). I know there's not much they can do about the noise issue, but the pricing should be lowered to compensate.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"Good location in proximity to restaurants."
Good experience. Good to have breakfast included. Like the home made chocolate cookies upon arrival.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Parents weekend at Cal Poly"
We love the hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful and has the ability to make decisions to rectify any issues immediately.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice little hotel"
Room was ok. Disturbing was the car noise in front of room. Person at check in was not very friendly.
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
"nice stay at Sands"
Perfect place to stay for a recruiting trip to Cal Poly. Very close to campus, warm service, decent breakfast and accommodations. I would stay again.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"Close to Cal Poly and downtown!"
Nice hotel, quaint, perfect for a overnight stay.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Very close to Cal Poly"
The hotel was just what we were looking for. Friendly staff, too.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"comfortable bed, terrible WiFi"
room was small but expected. breakfast was decent. WiFi made working impossible.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
karra
"Nice atmosphere. . ."
Conveniently located to downtown SLO. A nice walk to and from the Thursday night Farmers' Market. Ouiet room.
2 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
"Great hotel in town in San Luis Obispo"
Walking distance to downtown. Excellent breakfast included. Staff is very friendly
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
I stayed in one of the suites and was quite pleased with the price and the accommodations. .
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"All the comforts for a business traveler."
I attended SLO for a conference downtown. This hotel was close to downtown. It was easy to find late at night when I arrived. A cheerful hotel clerk was up waiting for my arrival.The room was clean, the sheets soft , the towels fluffy and of good size and the water efficient shower head even gave a good spray. I especially liked the exercize room because I was running the treadmill at eight p.m. to get a little exercize in. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Robin
"business trip"
The room was clean and spacious. Check in was easy and quick, same as check out. I love the waffles for breakfast and the eggs and sausage. Air conditioning was a bit noisy but not to bad. Overall it was a good experience.
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Sonia
"i has nice time"
the staff nice they smile and say nice things i never not felt not smiley when i was there. good bed and sink.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Dog friendly, nice location, quiet. No traffic noi"
The bed was older so it had a hole in the center so my dog ended up sleeping on me. Other than that, I've alwat enjoined my stays here.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Decent and basic"
The Sands is a decent, clean, basic hotel. It seems overpriced. The discount from hotels.com is the only reason I stayed there.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Marcella
"Great!"
Great location. Easy walk to Downtown SLO/$7 Uber ride from the hotel. Hotel staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Go elsewhere!"
Good area to stay in.Rooms are outdated and the people who stay there were a little sketch.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Rhonda
"Nice suites in SLO"
The suite was clean and large, but extra bedding was sparse and very worn out. A great hotel for 1 or 2 nights if you need the extra space. Staff was friendly and helpful
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
carol
"Good for a one night stay"
We needed a place to sleep for the night, and wanted something clean, quiet and in a safe area. This pretty much met our requirements. It was a busy night, so many rooms were full. When we turned off the TV, we heard a lot of what was going on in the neighboring rooms. Fortunately we were on the second floor so didn't have to listen to noise from above. Breakfast was ok - powdered eggs that are barely warm are not a bonus, but there were waffles, plain yogurt and the usual cereal selections. Bread and fruit selections were limited.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great One Night Stay"
Stayed at the Sands Inn before in one of the suites and enjoyed it. This time we were in one room with two queen beds for one night to visit Downtown SLO. It wasn't very far to walk at all and the room was great, very clean. Great beds and pillows! A nice continental breakfast selection, too!
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Ellen
"Clean!"
Very clean room and nice location. The only complaint we have is that our neighbors were super loud until 4am.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
pp
When your traveling with a pet your choices are limited. We were upgraded to a larger room which was really helpful because we had 2 sets of bikes. No problem to take them into the room. Room was clean, and large and had everything we needed. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was perfect! I would stay there again. It's not a luxury hotel, but well kept and just right for our needs.
3 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
rachel
"Adequate hotel except for Wifi coverage"
Everything was adequate except for the Wifi which was essentially non-existent in our room. I spoke with the manager who suggested that next time I contact him to request a room with better wifi coverage. I think that they need to fix the problem, however, since they market the hotel as having Wifi in the rooms.
3 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Excellent!"
Stayed for 2 nights. Room with one king bed was HUGE! Bathroom with tub was also very spacious. One table and chairs, and additional desk for my computer, decent size dorm fridge with small freezer (under-counter size, bigger than the countertop ones) and microwave. Towels were new and substantial if not ultra plush, room was very clean and looked recently refurbished. Pillow top mattress a little too soft for me (but unscented detergent on the sheets was a plus), and the walls are thin - but other than those two things, all was quite excellent!
2 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
"Motor Cycles are not fun."
Now I am a fairly forgiving customer when it comes to the service industry. People don't usually make mistakes intentionally and its best to go with the flow when bumps occur, but even I was unimpressed with my stay at The Sands. A group of Harley Davidson enthusiasts were staying at the hotel and and decided to make it the start off base for their day treks with other members from their group joining them from other hotels in the carpark. The sound of 20+ HD motorcycles revving up at 6.30 on a Saturday morning will annoy most people staying at a hotel. When I went to politely complain to the service desk about the unwanted alarm clock being generated outside, the clerk was rude, abrupt and without sympathy to such an extent that I felt completely helpless about the situation. I would never reccommend The Sands to anyone. And the housekeeping crew left dirty cleaning rags throughout our room when they serviced it. Not impressed.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Phil
"terrible hotel"
Would never stay there again, noisy, awful plumbing, room just generally well below standard at any price.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Not luxurious but a good value if you want to save some money. Rooms were clean but not everything was working (hair dryer and toilet kept running). We had a staff person who was very confrontational when asked about the condition of the room. They did get us an other room. Walking distance to downtown and easy in and out access to interstate. We got a good rate. Pool area is nice. Breakfast is OK
"Nice Hotel-but must like hard beds."
Good central location, nice staff, good breakfast, the beds were a little hard for my husband and myself.
"Comfortable accommodations"
Well situated location to town, quiet rooms, accommodating staff, comfortable mattresses
The motel was clean and comfortable, and was close to the downtown area and to the Cal Poly campus. It is nothing exceptional, but very adequate for a weekend. If breakfast is important to you, skip the one the hotel provides and go to a restaurant.
"Very nice place to stay"
Our experience was really good the breakfast was good the gym was small but adequate.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
family of four
"Cal Poly volleyball visit"
Great service. Very quiet rooms. Awesome sized suites.
4 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
JULIE
"Easy to find and so comfortable."
We had a great stay. The desk staff were super nice on check-in, when we had difficulty with the tv and at check-out. The bed and linens were very comfortable and the room nice and quiet so we got a great nights sleep.
4 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
"A nice relaxing stay!"
Decent and convenient place. Good eateries within walking distance. I found it quiet and comfortable. I couldn't get the TV to show anything but channel 3, but I didn't really want to watch TV anyway, as the wi-fi network worked just fine. The free breakfast is OK, with sausage patties and scrambled eggs, orange juice and a selection of breads and muffins and such. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
2 night trip Oct 29, 2014
Matthew
"It's a Room."
The window didn't close properly, the screen looked like it had been pried off, the chairs were stained, and of the course the Bed. The bed, was old and very uncomfortable, you could feel the springs in the bed. That being said, it's a room.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Greg
"good value for the money"
staff helpful, decent continental breakfast, comfortable and clean rooms, good value for the cost
3 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Weekend in SLO"
All was good, but the upholstered chair provided in the corner of the room was completely broken down, and well beyond its years of service. Would have rather had the extra space, than such a worn out chair.
2 night trip Oct 15, 2014
"Nice close to slo cal poly"
Older looking very home needs updating. For what I paid? Not worth it. Max I would pay is 60 a night.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"great get-away in san luis obispo"
excellent breakfast, very helpful desk help, great place to stay
2 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2014
Lenore
"Great place to stop for the night"
Great clean hotel and amazing breakfast. Everything about this place was top notch.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
jason
"Great place and worth the money."
Great hotel and very comfortable stay. Breakfast was good and they have a great patio to sit on and eat. Staff was friendly and even had movies we could check out to watch in the rooms. I would recommend others to stay for sure.
1 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
"nice family getaway"
We had a fun family getaway. The pool could have been a little warmer especially sincd our child was the only one enjoying it.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Lupe
"Exceeded my expectations"
This motel is much, much nicer than I expected. The grounds and pool area were in excellent condition and very clean and tidy. The rooms were quiet, clean and spacious with excellent "heavenly beds' as good or better than Westin's. The small refrig. and microwave were a pleasant surprise since most Westins and Hilton's don't even offer them in their rooms. In fact, this motel is nicer than some Crown Plaza hotels I've stayed at! - And to top it odd, they even offer a free breakfast which included scrambled eggs, waffles, cold cereal, and fruit!
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great staff!"
We were in town to see our son at Cal Poly. Unfortunately, while there I came down with food poisoning and was very ill. It was the day of our departure, and the hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. They directed us to Urgent Care, let us stay until I was able to travel and in general were wonderful. Will definitely stay again!
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
"Well-located hotel and good value"
A fatal error for this otherwise good-value property is the paper-thin walls - every sound made by guests on both sides could be easily heard, making sleep very difficult.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014