All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America
1635 8th Ave, Seattle, WA, 98101, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

4.8
"Great location, not so great hotel"
The hotel is in a really great location and has great design/furnishings. Unfortunately, it has problems and is not worth the price. First, it is noisy. you can hear word for word conversations from adjoining rooms and hallway discussions sound as if they are amplified. Do not let the "coolers" in the romms fool you, with temperature dials it looks like a fridge, it is not! It needs ice to keep things cool. We had a dirty bathroom wall ind insid eof bathroom door. I could see how housekeeping might miss this and housekeeping they assured us it would be taken care of. Never happened. Toiletries were also handled poorly. We had a half empty shampoo bottle in shower when we arrived and it took 2 mornings to fill anything you run out od. The hot tub turned out to be very nice, but it was out of order the first 3 nights we were there
4 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"very nice"
Very nice stay. Near everything. Good price for the location. Easy tram ride from the airport to the hotel.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Gregory
"Relaxing evening in downtown Seattle"
Everyone at the Hyatt at Olive 8 was friendly and helpful. The bar was open late, which was awesome to have the option to stay in and relax, and the concierge was very helpful and nice. The room was welcoming and the bathroom spacious. I spent more time in the provided hotel robe than I've ever spent in any robe before. It was the height of business trip luxury.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Krysta
"Just a few things they could add."
We booked 2 deluxe rooms. 1 for ourselves and 1 for our parents. The rooms were great, however one of the double beds was very oddly uncomfortable because it made a lot of noise when you moved around. One of the rooms was a corner room with the type of showers without a door or curtain which made the floor very wet and a very drafty and cold shower. They could also use a full length mirror. The service is good especially when you need an extra amenity. The hotel is downtown-ish near a lot of shopping. Its good for shoppers but there are many homeless people and panhandlers to beware of.
2 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"close to convention center"
I recently stayed here while attending the SCAA convention. The location was perfect. Loved the coffee shop in the lobby. clean, comfortable room. I will stay here again when I come back to Seattle. Walking distance to Pike Place Market, if the weather is nice. Going is downhill, coming back uphill was a little more of a hike.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Alan
"great location and comfortable stay!"
It was a very clean and comfortable place. Great location. I would definitely stay there again. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Fitness rooms are big and has lots of equipment.
3 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
"Best hotel in Seattle? Maybe!"
Flew in Friday..took the light rail ($2.50) from SeaTac and it dropped us 3 easy blocks from Hyatt Olive 8. Room was ready, staff was totally helpful with directions and they offered us a free rental umbrella! Room was perfect, stay was great.
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
"Very nice - prefer this to the Grand Hyatt"
Great rooms, great amenities (didn't use but sounded nice!) and good food. Why I like it better than the Grand Hyatt: it was cheaper (at least for our dates), there's an easy-to-access parking lot nearby that's much cheaper than valet, and it's in an almost identical location.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Megan
"Stayed for con"
The hotel was amazing and the staff were so friendly. I plan to stay here again time there is a con in Seattle.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Comic con"
Hotel was clean abd fancy looking. There wad no fan in the bathroom. The staff was unprofessional a couple of times while answering the phone. There was huge mix ups with microwave and mini fridge. THEY only have a mini cooler fridge not a mini fridge. You have to ask for one. We also asked if they had a microwave and was told they would charge us $10 to put one in our room. The next day when we ordered the mini fridge they brought a microwave and told us it didn't cost anything. Grrr. They put us in a handicap room so I can not say what a regular room would look like even though that's what we reserved. There was no hotel room service menu so we could only assume there want any. The lights only worked while putting your room key in a slot next to the door. Bed was excellent though. Plenty of room to store your belongings. Could use bigger garbage can.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Terrific staff!"
The restaurant staff and food is wonderful! Not only is the food very good but if we had questions about anything in Seattle they would find the answers for us. The front desk people were just as helpful. The beds are not that great but the rest of the experience more than compensated for that
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
jim
"Not the best service...."
When checking in, there was a MASSIVE confusion on parking the valet told us it was $45 with them but had a lot across the street that was only $20 for self park. I assumed that meant it would be charged to my room. After parking and crossing the street, the valet informed me to pay the lot machine. Ok, I'll do that after I get checked in. While checking in, I asked the woman at reception about the lot and she became rude and aggressive about how the hotel couldn't discuss the parking lot across the street and that they're not liable in any way. Her demeanor was incredibly uncalled for and I hope she was just having a bad night... On our 3rd night there, maintenance apparently did something they knew not to do and it set off the fire alarm at 3:00am. Fire department showed up, I see the maintenance guy walking around in disbelief that it was his fault and FINALLY the alarm gets shut off. After having to go back up the stairs because the fire deparment wouldn't turn the elevators back on, I'm in bed not 15 minutes when the alarm is set off again. I would have appreciated at least an apology or restaurant credit for the horrible imposition and having to be a sleep deprived zombie the whole next day. The room was nice and the restaurant has an amazing breakfast!!!
4 night business trip Mar 29, 2015
Roger
"A perfect trip"
I came into town for Sakura-con and had a great time in this hotel. It's in a great location, the employees were very helpful and friendly, and it was a great price for the room. Would recommend to friends and would totally consider staying again.
3 night trip with friends Apr 2, 2015
"Perfect for convention center activities"
Stayed for Sakuracon and had a blast. The hotel was close and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpfull. 10/10 would and did stay again.
3 night trip with friends Apr 2, 2015
Lauryn
"a great wekend"
very friendly staff,great location,good value
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
larry
"Excellent Place to Stay for Sakuracon"
It was exceedingly nice to simply be able to walk down the street to the convention center after a nights rest. Location is ideal. Service was also prompt and they didn't leave till everything was exactly as we wanted it. I very much appreciate this.
2 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
Sean
"Good experience but too much noise."
The Sakura Anime guests were partying and a bit too loud. They eventually turned it down but it was loud well after 1AM.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Very Nice."
Really loved this hotel, actually! Friendly helpful staff, cleaning crew did a great job each day, excellent amenities. Wet/dry sauna in locker room Always working well. Very nice saline lap pool. Hot tub out of order the whole time :( except the first night, while it was hot and clean! We would definitely bri g our fam here again.
3 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Ethan
"Great Spring Break!"
Had a very fun Spring Break Trip to see Seattle's sites. Only problem was the Hot Tub Out of Order the whole stay and it was disappointing. But one of those things no one has control of.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Martha
"Hyatt 8"
Great location within walking dist to most things in the city. Nice room.
3 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"hardly a complaint"
only complaint i had is that they kept forgetting to leave a breakfast door hanger each day that i stayed
4 night trip Mar 26, 2015
lee
"One of the best hotel stays, period."
Been traveling to Seattle for the past 4 years. By far the best experience.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
"Great hotel in the middle of downtown Seattle."
This is a great hotel and worth the price. The location is great, with several popular places within walking distance including the Nordstrom's flaghip store, Pacific Place mall with movie theater, high-end shoppping, and even Pike Pl market with original Starbucks. There is a great coffee shop in the lobby that has great coffee, healthy breakfast options (fruit, muffins) and also the tastier and more fattening baked products. There are complimentary NY Times, USA Today, and Seattle Times there. The hotel staff are all super-friendly and helpful and knew where everything (restaurants, sunglasses store, Chase ATM) was in the neighborhood. The lap pool is one of the best in downtown seattle, 25 yards long, and I was always able to get my own lane. The gym/fitness room is spacious and fully equipped, akin to a true membership club.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Gus
"Wonderful experience"
Had a wonderful time here. Arrived at the hotel early and the staff took care of us and git us a room. Within walking distance to many of the main attractions in the downtown area. Parking was $45 a day which was the only negative of the hotel. Wonderful gym/pool area with steam room and sauna.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"great location"
the business plan was a good packet
2 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
"Clean room/friendly staff"
We'll be staying here next time we are in Seattle! Friendly staff and very helpful. Pool has music underneath the water :)
1 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Great downtown hotel"
I spent 4 nights here and it is top of the charts when it comes to cleanliness and comfort. And the staff were very helpful and polite. I would definitely recommend this if you want to stay downtown within easy walking distance to amazing shopping, dining, and attractions.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Jackie
"Seattle"
loved it
3 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
victoria
"March 15 review"
Would stay here every time! Excellent pool too!
2 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
Nice hotel. The staff was very helpful. The room was very crisp and clean.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Comfortable, Convenient, Friendly"
The room is comfortable, clean. The staff is friendly and kind. The location is convenient and easy for shopping.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Vicky
Excellent experience in Hyatt. Love to recommend to friends.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Chao
"geat hotel"
A great place to stay. friendly staff , great location and breakfast is wonderful.
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
"enjoyed my stay"
It was really short but for the time i was there, it was all very congenial. Cant wait to stay there in the future.
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
My stay was wonderful. This is the second time I've stayed there and I would recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Nice hotel but..."
Although the hotel was locally centered in downtown Seattle, it was annoying that valet parking was 45$. (I paid less for valet parking at a spa/resort in Miami). Especially after paying for the room, they should just include the parking price in there or not charge at all. Other than that the hotel was great; big clean room, shower was awesome, and the hotel bar/restaurant had really good food.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Just OK"
The hotel was fine in every way but one. It was really noisy after 10 p.m. That put a damper on the whole experience.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Robin
"Solid Value"
Quality hotel to stay in downtown Seattle. The bed in my particular room for some reason was just terrible not like my previous stays. Never experienced a low quality mattress in the hotel prior...odd? Also the connected restaurant "Urbane" I ordered the assorted homemade pickles and actually it is a potpourri of pickled vegetables, maybe they should change their menu? Otherwise all was good, water in the lobby is a good touch. Park across the street to save a little dough in the surface lot.
2 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
thomas
"great hotel"
great hotel great location great service
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
"A great stay"
Me and my Girlfriend had an amazing stay at the Hyatt Olive 8. Their service was great and very helpful. The room was had a very modern look and was very clean! And had a very Big and comfortable bed. We both thought the location of the hotel was perfect! everything was in close walking distance from great restaurants, Pikes Place market, Space needle, and the bars on capitol hill. Also the food there was great, especially their burger! A little pricey but it was definately the best burger we've ever had! Overall we thought the stay was amazing and would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Jordan
"Great hotel conveniently located downtown Seattle"
Friendly, helpful staff. The room was large, clean and comfortable Within walking distance to Pikes Market and the Space Needle. We really enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Cheri
"Walking Distance to PPM, Open Bathroom"
The hotel and room were lovely - modern, clean and elegant. It was lively but quiet. Inexpensive public parking with hotel discount rate of $20 for 24 hours right across the street. We walked (in heels and out of shape, sadly) to the Pike Place Market just fine. The only reason I didn't rate at 5 for comfort is because the bathroom lacked privacy with only a slider door that let in/out any potential sound and odor and there was no fan. We felt like we wanted to go to the lobby restroom to take care of "business". ;-) Some couples may not be so ridiculously private, though, and it was a gorgeous and wonderful open shower.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Good hotel near the heart of Seattle"
Really liked the cleanliness of the hotel and the rooms, as well as the location, which is near the convention center and within walking distance of Pike Place and several other places. Enjoyed my stay!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Kobe
"Great hotel in downtown"
The hotel itself is great but it only offers valet parking and the self serve parking lot is located a block away near the Grand Hyatt for $30 a day which is still cheaper than valet. The only other issue I had was that a staff person allowed herself into our room without even knocking to check if anyone was inside or announcing herself.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Philip
"Will be coming back!"
The staff was extremely helpful! The room was extremely clean and had anything you could need. The concierge was very knowledgable about restaurants in the area, even those for our gluten and dairy free friend.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
Catherine
"Great hotel in a great location"
This was a wonderful hotel. We had a great experience. We could walk almost anywhere we needed to be. The staff was wonderful and did everything possible to make sure we were comfortable. Whatever we needed, they found it and brought it to us. Cant say enough good things about the staff.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Whitney
"Great location great room"
Great convienent location. Awesome staff and very helpful with all information about area. Valet pricey... Room extremely comfortable
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
I was disappointed that the check in time is 4pm instead of the usual 3pm and the front desk receptionist was a bit surly with me when I asked about it. The room service is great, the gym/spa is excellent, but the mattress was very soft. I wish they had gotten a better mattress.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"First time in Seattle"
First time in Seattle. We enjoyed our stay and the local area. All the sites we planned to see on our vacation was easy to get to. We walked everywhere we wanted or needed to go that's how close we were to everything. I would most definitely recommend staying at the Hyatt Olive 8.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great Seattle Getaway"
Loved the hotel. Great central location.
2 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015