All hotels in Helen, Georgia, United States of America
101 Edelweiss Strausse, Helen, GA, 30545, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.9
"Cheap Price, Updates Needed!!"
The hotel has changed locations. The Jamison Inn is now in the location where the Econo Lodge use to be. The Econo Lodge is no longer on the front street, it's in the back. The positive aspect is the fact that the staff is super friendly. The hotel is old and it needs updating. The rooms were clean yet the wallpaper was coming down on the wall near the sink. The furniture was very worn. The beds were uncomfortable; new mattresses are needed. We will stay in the Jamison Inn next time!!
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
Faith
"Nice Room"
We enjoyed our stay at Econo Lodge...Arrived April 4,checked out April 6...Room was nice and clean..Will stay again
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Donaldson
The front desk was very unorganized and sending people to dirty rooms. The couple in front of us actually left because they sent them to two dirty rooms and then sent me to one. I was in a hurry so didn't have the luxury to leave. The rooms were not clean. The next morning it was clear that the lady from the front desk lived at the hotel and her grandchildren were running up and down the walk way by the room and being very noisy. Her other family member was jumping his car off and it was clear they were staying there as well. Very trashy and the police car parked on the side street watching the place all night didn't help the atmosphere. Never stay here again. Was trying to save money since it was just a place to sleep for one quick night but I will just pay more next time.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Lydia
"DIRTY"
I thought that this would be a nice clean hotel but boy I was wrong. It was gross from the moment we walked into the lobby. The room was dirty and smelled like very bad cigarette smoke and I am a smoker so if I can tell its really bad. The pillows did not have pillow cases. The floors walls door were all disgusting. I was scared to walk around without shoes. We arrived at the hotel very late at night around midnight, if it had not been so late we would have gone some where else. In the morning when we woke up the only coffee in the whole hotel was decaf. The breakfast selection ( not that I would have ate anyway just wanted to see what they had ) consisted of cereal, packaged honey buns, and packed microwave sausage biscuits. Nice breakfast......NOT. Thankfully we left as soon as we got up and ready for the day. We had a wonderful day in Helen but I will never stay there again. I do no recommend it to anyone. Pay a little more and stay somewhere else
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Not so Happy
"Nice and quiet place to stay"
Very clean and comfortable. Just outside of town the perfect place to stay. Easy to get in and out of. Not to far from almost all of the main attractions in Helen. We were able to sleep in without any disturbances or mooches waking us up. Beautiful view of a mountain just outside your door.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Nice and quiet place to stay"
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Not Impressed........."
Weather was 11 degrees upon arrival, the room temperature was probably 25 degrees. (no kidding), we had reservations so they knew we were coming, yet they failed to turn the heat on..... it took about 3 hours to warm up. The door leading into the bathroom had been kicked in and there was cigarette butts on the carpet. The only saving grace about this place was the free continental breakfast the next morning. It was great!
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Doug
"Inexpensive hotel for the night"
Room was clean but no added frills. Good size tub/shower noted and water pressure provided nice shower. Free wifi was a benefit. Also a good variety of breakfast foods for our free breakfast made family happy. The stay was inexpensive so added benefits were nice.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
mom of 2
"Smelly"
The room had an odor and we couldn't tell if it was from bug spray or a cheap room spray. The pillows, were flat, mattress was terrible, dust ruffles was all torn, needed a good paint job. Not very homey feeling. Will not go back or reccommend
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
after reading reviews I was worried. Room was clean staff very nice. Loved it. Price was great.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
For the price the room was ok and convenient to our destinations.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Hotel was close to the shops in helen GA!"
It rained the whole weekend!
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Helen"
Although the room was clean and the staff was very friendly, the hotel needs some work done. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2013
Christie
"Fairly priced and clean"
I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised because the room though old was very clean and fresh smelling. Having a refrigerator was a plus. Our stay was very pleasant.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
Ray
"helen best reasonable motel"
We have stayed here before. The motel is clean and convenient but not in the middle of town. How big is Helen though?? Anyway, good staff and good place to crash with all the necessities. Its a walk to anything, drive if you need, theres plenty of public parking at the end of the street. (4 blocks)
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
r mann
I arrived early and had to wake the owner up.I also asked if I could take advantage of the free breakfast as I was going to be checking in that day and was turned away. It would have been very easy to allow me a mini muffin to keep the loyalty to your customers. The next morning while eating at the recommended time, my husband had to once again " wake" the owner to provide us with fresh milk. The shower heads are very corroded. However the staff that was at the desk later were polite and "unlocked" the chain around the pool to allow my daughters to swim 30min early.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2013
Lisa B
"affordable, friendly staff"
close to helen without being in the middle of everything. comfortable room, pool wasnt spectacular, but ok for a family just trying to spend time together
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
nimm
"Close to water park and tubing"
Quality was poor. The room was not cleaned during our stay. The beds were double beds and 2 pillows per bed. The lobby looked like it was under construction, but it was not. Breakfast was from 6-9am and we never made it (we are on vacation! I dont want to get up that early) It is foreign owned and operated. Overall, if you go cheap, this is what you get.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2013
Meagan O.
"Nasty"
Mold on the walls. A pervasive and overpowering scent of pine-sol. Damp carpets. Stained sheets. Lumpy, springy beds. Need I say more? The staff was OK. The breakfast was skimpy, but not terrible for the price. It was mainly just how disgusting the hotel was, like it was halfway on it's path to being reclaimed by swampland. Also: a big extra charge to use a crib? My advice? Pay a little more and don't feel like you are slowly decomposing in a fungus farm. Oh, one point in their favor: the bathrooms were sparkling clean - so kudos on that one!
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2013
Chuck
"Gross!"
This hotel is old and gross! One of the mattresses in my room was ripped down the side. Everything felt moist from the carpet to the linens. I will never stay there again! I felt nasty just being in the room.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Not prepared"
When checking in rooms not ready and poor cleanliness. Stayed 3 days and room not cleaned once.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Hotel receptionist was clearly impaired. She and other hotel staff members sat in front of the utility room, which was right by our room all night! The one inch gap st the bottom of the door allowed me to fly see them pace in front of our room well into the morning hours.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2013
T
Everything was fine, except breakfast hours for a weekend were very early (7-9am). It would be nice if when there's a huge event in town, and it's a weekend, that breakfast lasts at least until 10pm.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
"could have been better"
Arrived early. Desk clerk helped us with checking in early. Great all around staff at the hotel. The room was very dated. This was very obvious when we got to the room. A/C filter was dirty found this when the unit stopped cooling. Wanted to iron my clothes found that the iron was dirty and also the ironing board was dirty. There was no cover on the light fixture in the bathroom. Toilet didn't quite work right, had to flush 2 times anytime we used it. Chair backs were broken. Nightstand and dresser had big chips in the finish. The TV was terrible as well could barely see the picture. The only part about our stay that was god was the wonderful staff that works here. The owner really needs to update a lot of things here.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
Ktmoney
"Not stay again"
Strong smoking smell in the non-smoking room that I booked. Did not provide any cups for coffee or water. Subpar breakfast, no sausage or eggs or bacon. Frontdesk staff disappointing too.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
harry
"Mountain get away"
The room was clean but both bed covers had cigarette burn holes in them as well as one of the blankets. The underside of one of the bed covers also had red stains....... blood? It was also a little noisy at night. Not really walking distance to downtown Helen.
1 night trip with friends Jun 1, 2013
Lowe
"Adequate facilities"
I just needed a place to spend the night in order to be close to where I wanted to hike the next day. The hotel was adequate.
Other trip May 29, 2013
Carla
The room was fairly clean. And the staff were nice and friendly.
Other trip May 7, 2013
richard
"Underwhelming."
Very underwhelmed with my stay at the EconoLodge in Helen, Ga this past weekend. The room was ok, it worked for a family of 4. The bed was hard, pillow flat. A/c was too cold, but the room got too hot without it. The shower head was disgustingly dirty. Breakfast was decent if all you drink is bad coffee, no juice and very little milk. Staff was friendly. Location was good. Will not stay here again, I'll spend the extra few bucks and try something else.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2013
"You get what you pay for."
The Plus - Friendly staff. Quiet area. Close to Helen, but not directly in town. The Downside - The beds are advertised at Queen, but they are Double sized and not very comfortable. Sheets were so thin you could see the mattress through them. Very close to waste water treatment facility. Overall - Decent hotel for the money if it's a short stay.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2013
Room was fine for a niteover...clean..a fairly.old establishment that needs a makeover but all in all the room was fine
1 night romance trip Apr 6, 2013
"Pet friendly under 20 lbs."
Chose this hotel because it was listed as pet friendly. Glad I had small dogs, because dogs over 20 or 25 lbs weren't allowed. Our bedspread had dried blood on it as did the bed skirt. It met the need, but I wouldn't stay there again.
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2013
lleindfw
"Was so bad, we left"
We checked into this room, we left to go find another place to stay. We found another hotel in town that ALOT nicer for not much more a night. The room was dirty, the bed was flat and hard as a rock, the wallpaper was bubbled and peeling, the bed comforter smelled like it had not been cleaned. It was me and my two kids and I was not about to let them stay there. I coughed up the lost of the room fee and just went to another hotel. For $49 - you get a $49 room.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"beautiful scenary, next to the River"
We had a great time. The food was excellent, fun places to see- the weather was perfect. The room was also wonderful!
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2013
"Shabby, but i'm not picky enough to not stay again"
hotel needs alot of work!! staff is nice but only two people were there the whole time! its in helen but only barely you still have to drive unless you enjoy super long walks. other than that its cheap and thats what we were loking for at the time
2 night trip Mar 8, 2013
"Quick Getaway"
It is okay for a quick getaway. Beds are okay, the rooms are clean.
Other trip Mar 11, 2013
Jeannie
"convienent to wedding location we were attending."
Would not do to comment!!!
1 night trip Mar 2, 2013
B. Lancaster
"it was what it was"
The bed room was ok for the price the doors paint was falling off the curtains we had to put a blanket in front of cause u could see through the bottom into the room and when we got there front desk person had a dog jumping all over the place barking and jumping on the counters in our face. But ok for the money
2 night romance trip Feb 22, 2013
lee
"Great Place To Stay!!!"
Had a great stay!! Everyone that works there was really nice and helpful. The location was great and also very quiet. I plan to return in the future. Thanks for a great stay!!
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Mandy C
"Cheap place to stay in Helen"
The hotel was a little shabby, but seemed clean enough. What do you expect for $45.00 per night. Fine for the price.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2013
The bathroom was very dirty and there was no coffee pot maker in the room as it was listed to have available. The front desk person was very nice and helpful with knowledge of the town.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
"Excellent price and friendly staff"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Econo Lodge is what you'd expect for the price with older furnishings and linens. The grounds and rooms were clean and well kept. Overall a good experience for a very low budget.
2 night trip Jan 18, 2013
The woman working the front desk was very nice and brought us extra pillows within 5 min. after we called. Breakfast was nice, place was clean. No complaints. did not have a coffee pot. that would have been nice.
1 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2013
Jeanie
"You get what you pay for."
There were stains on the carpet and chairs in the room as well as some holes in the chairs. However, It was the lowest cost for the area and it was across the street from a water park and within walking distance to all the shops.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2012
"better than i thought"
We got to the hotel a lil after 10 at night so we were concerned if it was as bad as some of the reviews we would be SOL considering it was new years weekend. It was a lil off the main strip so super quiet. Cleaner than I expected and the older lady at the front desk was super sweet in the mornings. It was average hotel but I'm glad we stayed here instead of on the main strip. Its soooo busy in the day. Overal it was clean, beds were ok, only major complaint is everythinf is out dated including the TV it was super old and would have been great if there was DVD player for kids.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2012
Holli
The price was good and the location but the room was dirty and several things were broken. The phone jack was broken in pieces and many other things. The hair dryer looked like it was from the 1970's and it had an old tv which had poor picture quality. It was not clean and we had to clean the toilet ourselves. With a little maintenance this could be a good hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2012
Jenny
"Good room for the price"
Had a nice stay. The room was clean. Staff very friendly. Would stay again
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2012
Ashley
"Just a stop e route to vacation"
Great choice for the money.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2012
Tommy
Would not stay there again. Dirty tile, ceiling sheetrock hanging down in bathroom, paint on back of door flaking off, etc.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2012