All hotels in Darlington, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereMonk End Farm, Croft On Tees, Darlington, England, DL2 2SW, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

4.9
"Treat yourself to stately country home living"
Lovely grounds, delicious food, friendly hosts, welcoming rooms made for an exceptionally nice stay.
3 night trip Jun 29, 2012
c k watkins

"Never stayed anywhere quite like this...."
This was such a treat - such a surprise. Wonderful hosts who greeted me in a professional yet freindly manner. My room was very comfortable, roomy, warm and quiet, very clean and beautifully furnished. This is a B&B where you never so no to dinner as the food is scrumtious, original, local sourced and served in an airy restaurant. You make your menu choice whilst sitting by a roaring fire with canapes and a drink. Perfect. wonderful setting, gardens etc - immaculate like the rest of this wonderful establishment. A leisure rather than business B&B but well worth treating yourself occassionally if you are a business visitor.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Alison
Lovely stay, excellent food, friendly service. I will recommend!
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Stephen
"Brilliant Guest House!!"
I was met in the car park and taken to my room when I arrived. The rooms are big and the beds are very comfortable. Complimentary home made shortbread with your tea and coffee everyday. There was a walk in wardrobe in my room along with an excellent sized bathroom. The main dining area had a huge Christmas tree set up which was decorated beautifully with an open fire on the other end of the room. The food was fantastic and the portions were a good size and reasonably priced. The lounge area had an open fire with books available to read, a TV,a piano, and chess board. Service was very friendly and they couldn't do enough for me. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone for business or pleasure.
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Gavin
"Dress shirt disaster!"
Great stay, David helped pull me out of a predicament that went above and beyond the call of duty, when he leant me his prized antique gold shirt buttons for my dress shirt, that I’d only just realised I'd left at home, with literarily only a few hours to go before the ball! So okay it wasn’t a complete make over and a new dress, but it did mean I managed to attend. Thanks again Dave!
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
Colin
"Outstanding accommodation and food"
Only stayed for one night but the warm welcome excellent accommodation and fantastic meal meant the stay was all to short.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
goose
"Consistently Good"
Stayed here three or four times now and it is always consistently good with a warm welcome, excellent food, and a comfortable immaculate bedroom. A top place to visit.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
RK
"The warmest of welcomes"
Excellent stay and the warmest welcomes one could hope for. Very tasty breakfast, too.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Must stay"
Fantastic. Was a privilege to stay there
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"So good I overslept!"
Stayed one night as a business stopover, absolutely stunning surroundings with well kept gardens. I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening . On arrival I was offered a tray of fresh coffee and homemade shortbread. The room was full of little personal touches that you don't often see, especially not in big chains. The bed was so comfy I overslept ! Very quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was delicious, fresh orange juice, selection of cereals and fruit etc and then a wide variety of hot choices from the menu. I can thoroughly recommend the full English, the sausages being particularly yummy ! Will definitely return and hopefully with husband as a leisure break rather than business.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
Jo
"The usual perfection"
I would happily live here. Nowhere else can beat the Clow Beck. I look forwards to my next stay.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
abusinesstraveller
"One Of the Best"
This is a lovely little guest house owned and run by people who really care about customer service and satisfaction. Would strongly recomend it if you are passing
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
RK
"Excellent!"
We really enjoyed our stay. From arrival, dinner, the room, breakfast and departure: we were made to feel very welcome. Probably the best dinner we've had in a hotel. We will be back!
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"Beautiful Guest House"
A fantastic weekend, probably the best stay we have had in a guest house! absolutely the best. Could not do enough for us as guests. Food exceptional.. Not going to say anymore but can't rate them high enough. We are now looking for an excuse to go back to Darlington!!
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Cosy retreat"
Very welcoming hostelry, good food, great location and well presented rooms
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Perfection"
I stay in many different hotels due to my job and have often seen them say that 'nothing is too much trouble' but until now, that hadn't been the case. The owners were delightful and managed to hit that fine line of being attentive enough but not overbearing. The food really was great, all home cooked and very tasty. Definitely somewhere we will return to if we're in the area.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
Paul E
"Fab"
Great surroundings, they have obviously put a lot of effort into this business. Expect what you'd expect in a 5* hotel excluding a separate shower in the bathroom.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2013
Uncle Talon
"Very comfortable"
Hard to fault - very comfortable - bedroom doors are directly on to an outdoor path mews style and you have to walk across to the main house to eat - I arrived late and was still able to get something to eat, excellent wine, lovely ambience in the restaurant and lounge, comfortable if well used beds, spacious bedrooms, poorly signed when you arrive but easy parking.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2013
VL
"Excellent - As usual"
I really can't fault this hotel. I stay away a lot on business and have yet to come accross anywhere as good as this. The welcome is warm, the rooms are lovely and every possible requirement has been taken care of down to a full set of alternative toiletries in the bathroom. I'll be back.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2013
"Business and pleasure"
As a woman travelling alone I was made to feel extremely welcome and comfortable. The owners are truly hospitable and have a fine eye for details - all sorts of little extras to make sure your stay is a real pleasure. My dinner was delicious and the surroundings were delightful. I would highly recommend Clow Beck to any one staying in the area - why settle for staying in a chain hotel when when you can stay here and get so much more? My only regret was that I stayed in Autumn so didn't get the benefits of the lovely gardens after a long day at work.
1 night business trip Oct 30, 2012
H Williams
"Absolutely brillo!"
What a beautiful setting, idyllic. The rooms were lovely and the service excellent from the Armstrongs. This was a business trip but I shall most certainly return for leisure! Food was super and such a wide choice for both breakfast and evening meals. Fab!
Other trip Sep 20, 2012
Glynis

TripAdvisor reviews for Clow Beck House

"Four and a half stars would be more accurate"
05/19/15 DerekW10 Monmouth
This really is an excellent place and it is unfortunate that there is a "but". The setting is beautiful; the facilities first class and Heather has thought of everything and they work hard to make your stay enjoyable. The room we stayed in was spacious, well furnished, spotless and the bathroom modern and luxurious. We were impressed. One small issue was dealt with generously. The dining room is equally impressive. However, the food is where the "but" comes in because, though the menus is promising and one deciding factor in choosing to stay there, it just fails to live up to the price tag. Perhaps it is the lack of competition but these are very high prices for rather ordinary fare, though the portions are, if anything, overgenerous. Perhaps smaller portions with a lower price tag might be better value for money. It just took the gloss off a delightful place.
"Superb"
05/15/15 Rachael T Hereford, England, United Kingdom
I visited this fabulous B&B on business just for one night. On arrival we were greeted with the offer of a drink and shown to communal lounge area. When ready the proprietor showed us to our rooms. We had two double rooms in bungalow just left of the main house. The rooms are all individual and finished to a very high standard to include various toiletries, more tea, coffee and hot chocolate you would need extra milks in a small fridge which also included orange and water again complimentary. A safe was available along with the usual facilities of hairdryer and iron. The bed was beautifully dressed with slippers and dressing gown should you require. To compliment the drinks a selection of sweets and homemade shortbread. We did not eat in the B&B in the evening but a comprehensive menu is available. Breakfast the following day was excellent with every choice of full english to a continental choice with fruits, jams etc. Overall i would say this is a fantastic B&B with some beautiful added touches to make your stay whether business or pleasure very enjoyable and a credit to the owners. Looking forward to visiting again one day!
"Meal and night away"
05/09/15 Mallard4468 Darlington, United Kingdom
Fantastic place,fantasic surroundings,gorgeous food,the couple heather and david lovely couple couldnt do enough for us.soon as walked in for meal made to feel very welcome.Had meal with family and stayed over reccomend it to anyone. Defeinltly do it again.thanks andrew and tracey.
"Favourite Hotel!"
04/10/15 Nina B Lincoln, United Kingdom
I have stayed here twice on separate occasions. Once on my own with business and another time with my partner as I was at a colleagues wedding. After my first stay when I checked out I booked the room straight away for the following week. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in above Hilton's, Raddison Blu's etc... Every little detail is catered for. You are offered tea, coffee or a cold drink on arrival. You are helped to your room. There is home made shortbread in the room along with a vast array of hot beverages. The room is immaculately clean and even if you were looking for fault you couldn't find it. On my first visit I had dinner which was superb! I had beef wellington which was cooked to perfection. All food is cooked fresh at the time allowing for changes due to preference and nothing is too much trouble. You get a plate of canapés which is a lovely touch, home made bread and such generous portion sizes. Heather and Dave have thought of everything in the room, cotton wool, nail varnish remover, robes, slippers, sewing kit, iPod dock, a little fridge with chilled milk, orange juice and bottled water, chocolates on arrival. Little notes with how to use everything in the room. Additional pillows of varying comfort. I was blown away. On my first visit I asked for a shop where I could stop to get lunch, Heather gave me directions and fruit and yoghurt from the breakfast buffet to take with me which was so lovely. The breakfast is amazing, the first stay I had smoked salmon and poached eggs cooked to perfection, on my second stay I had a full english which was superb. I really was overwhelmed by the quality of this hotel, the impeccable cleanliness, the unrivalled service, attention to detail and beautiful grounds. I was only sorry that each stay was only 1 night long. I would have loved to have stayed for longer and I will ensure I return very soon for a weekend stay. I would describe this hotel as perfect and I would go out of my way to stay here again. It makes you feel so relaxed, well looked after and well rested. Heather and Dave you have got it perfectly right! Thank you so much!
"fabulous"
04/10/15 megton Darlington, United Kingdom
Our nephew & neice stayed over Easter which is a regular trip & as always the standard is extremely high with every detail catered for. We joined them for an evening meal which was truly wonderful. The owners are so accommodating & the meals were fabulous. We would give Clow Beck a 100% rating
"Delightful stay in wonderful accommodation "
04/07/15 Emelye_Arcite
What an unexpected delight this B&B was! I can't recommend it highly enough. We stayed for two nights with a very young baby whilst visiting for a friend's wedding nearby, and I'm so pleased we chose to stay here. Nothing was too much trouble, the room was gorgeous and our hosts simply delightful. We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night and had one of the best steaks I can remember. We didn't make breakfast due to said baby practising his roars so a tray was put together for us to have in the room instead. Thank you for a wonderful weekend, we shall be returning :)
"As recommended by Tripadvisor"
03/23/15 IWPCheshire Northwich, United Kingdom
Searched Tripadvisor for a place to stay, Clow Beck House stood out because of its great reviews, we were not disappointed. We were made very welcome. Tea and shortbread on arrival in a lounge with a roaring fire. Lovely room with all the necessary facilities and more. Dinner was excellent and altered for our dietary needs without a any fuss. Clow Beck also has an excellent wine list. Breakfast was just as good. Excellent hosts, great personality. Highly recommended.
"Just what we needed"
03/14/15 Elizabeth B York, United Kingdom
We had just married (secretly). On booking it was commented that the reservation was for a special occasion; they made it so! The location was impressive, the grounds full of quaint interests and pretty spring flowers and the welcoming tea we were invited to take, was served in a very comfortable room near a roaring fire. Our room was spacious, the bed huge with an incredible assortment of pillows and interesting decor. They had thought of everything, even home-made shortbread in the room along with chocolates and all the usuals. Dinner was served with style yet congeniality...Delicious! At the end of the meal we were brought bubbly to thank us for celebrating at Clow Beck House!! Breakfast was everything we could have wanted. I was sorry we were only staying one night. Roll on the next celebration.
"A gem"
02/24/15 Ian M Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Stayed at Clow Beck House in February 2015. Arrived at night and despite accidentally pulling up on the owner's own driveway instead of the public parking area (oops), David welcomed us in and said the car could stay till morning - no problem. Nothing was too much trouble. The setting, the rooms and the food (especially the home made soup and the porridge) are top-notch and the place has a real personality with lots of nice little touches. Wish we could have stayed a bit longer. Definitely plan to return. Sally & Ian
"Perfect"
02/15/15 SaraLeah Darlington, United Kingdom
Just stayed over at Clowbeck House for Valentines Day and can't praise it enough. The owners were welcoming and very professional. The room was comfy and immaculately clean with lovely finishing touches, such as home-made biscuits, refreshments, chocolates and a dressing room. Breakfast was fantastic, couldn't have asked for anything else as they provided everything you could think of (including a champagne breakfast and also a good menu for vegetarians). The outdoor grounds were picturesque with some nice quirky features. One word to described our stay: perfect!