All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
69 Gower SteetBloomsbury, LondonEnglandWC1E 6HJUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    Regular internet service
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

3 night family trip Mar 19, 2016
DK

TripAdvisor reviews for Garth Hotel

04/29/16 BasilHenry Staffordshire
The building is old and with creaking floorboards etc but it's clean and the breakfast was better than expected. The Location is a 12min walk from Euston and about a 15min walk to Leicester Square. The nearest tube is Goodge St again only a couple a minutes away. And main bus stop just across the Road. For what you have to pay in London the Garth is good value, a long long way off the Ritz no lift no air con not posh, people were pleasant. The bathroom was a master class of fitting all in a small place.
"Not worth the money"
04/23/16 Michael T
Let me start by saying that the room was clean because maybe that's all you require. On arrival at the hotel we could hear and see renovation work being carried out. Fair enough. The entrance hall looked old, tired and dusty. The reception was downstairs, past the dining room (stacked high with stuff) and into an office. The man on reception was polite and did point out the renovation work. Our rooms were up two floors. Both rooms were clean and neat as stated earlier but weirdly sloped which meant there was a three inch sloping gap under the door letting in light, noise and the one thing that has made me rate this hotel two stars - an overwhelming stench of chip fat! It permeated every inch of the space, my lungs and eventually my mind. Mixed with this was the smoke from the builders. The windows didn't open as such as the glazing lifted up to create an internal gap where road fumes could enter. Luckily we were only using the rooms for one overnight stay or else I probably wouldn't have stayed. I can't tell you what breakfast was like as I chose not to partake. It was a cheap hotel but not cheap enough. It still cost £198 for two rooms and there are plenty of others with similar pricing. For the neatness and cleanliness of the room I submit two stars but would I return? No.
"hidden gem!"
04/17/16 Lari D
It was perfect, clean, comfortable, great location, great people, lovely place. And I may say incredible bathroom. And even though they are making more improvements to the place. Loved it, would definitely go back to the Garth Hotel next time I am in London. Thanks for all the kindness to Jacob and his hole team.
"The soul of the place comes from the girl who takes care of the clients"
04/14/16 Tat G Paris, France
Good place regarding the cost and the city. In France, we are not customed with this type of rent (bed and breakfast) but still I enjoyed the place and the room. And really, the girl in charge was so kind that I told myself I have to write a review just for the good work she does. I hope the owners know how lucky they are for having an employee of this type.
""A Beautiful 17th wedding Anniversary with the Garth Hotel""
04/07/16 stfran1 Seoul, South Korea
My wife and I stayed 2 nights for our wonderful 17th wedding anniversary. The Garth hotel is decorated beautifully, very clean and comfortable rooms & lobby. (with equipment in perfect condition, free Wifi , free Breakfast). Good location and to see a lot of places to go. Garth hotel is very close to oxford circus, the briitish museum, covent garden, soho and many traditional english Pubs & restaurants. All staff that we encountered were helpful and pleasant. there was anything they could offer us to make our stay more enjoyable. In the morning we ate free english breakfast which was wonderful and all staff was very warm and friendly with me and my wife. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel and will keep it in mind next time I travel.
"Great location, nice staff and tidy room"
04/07/16 kyurik2016
If you want to travel central london, you can't find the better place than the Garth Hotel. You have all you need nearby and all the staff members are kind. Also they arranged cap from the airport so I could get the hotel easily. The British museum is just 5minutes away from the hotel. Soho and Oxford circus, covent garden are walking distance 15 to 20 minutes. Room is tidy all the time and you can have English breakfast every morning. I've been told they just finished renovation so the condition of the room would developed for sure. It was nice experience that I've spent time here and I will definitely visit again.
"“Good hotel, friendly staff, nice food”"
04/07/16 son0824 Worcester Park, United Kingdom
I spent 2 nights at this hotel and enjoyed my stay. My room was clean and comfortable. I had a good sleep both nights. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and colleagues. --- Ms S/ London ----
"Mr Booth"
04/06/16 chris b
Looking for a budget hotel close to Shaftesbury Theatre.The Garth Hotel was ideally located. Room was spotless bed was very comfortable. staff were very friendly and breakfast was very nice.All in all very nice stay . somewhere we would return to.
"As described, basic room in central london"
02/25/16 Michelle K Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
I had a really pleasant stay here in this central London hotel. I got upgraded for free and the staff were very helpful. Price was amazing for London and tube stop round the corner. Breakfast included also in the price. The room was very clean
"you get what you pay for"
02/20/16 Sylvia T Heysham, United Kingdom
This is a very basic hotel but the price is reasonable for the accommodation. The room was clean but the en suite very small with no storage space for toiletries. There was a bedside lamp with a broken plug which had not passed electrical standards. It should have been replaced. The breakfast was enjoyable but was served with haste. The cooked breakfast arrived quickly before cereals were eaten and was therefore going cold. However, if working to a budget, it is a reasonable place to stay in London.