All hotels in Munich, Germany
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereMarsstrasse 6-10, Munich, BY, 80335, Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Walking distance to everything"
The internet service was slow to non-existent at times. The staff was courteous, friendly, and very helpful.
1 night trip Dec 11, 2013
Gail
The location on a busy thoroughfare means that in warmer seasons, when one would open windows, rooms to the back are much to be preferred. The kitchenette would be ever so much more useful if instant coffee or some other prepackaged coffee (for filtering) were provided. Room was pleasantly roomy. WLAN did not consistently work well. The inhouse, but separate, Italian restaurant is a great plus.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Not bad , good"
The big mistak is the wifi internet did not work in my room and it is so important for me, the elevator was so very very slow , i think thay have to be find a slousion for that..... Any other thing was good,
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Fereidoon
"One Night - Oktoberfest !!!"
I stayed in this hotel during Oktoberfest and the property has a convenient and central location. However, the windows were not soundproofing as they claim to be, so still you get to hear a lot of noise from the street. The staff was pretty friendly and helpful. One more thing is that the shower is too little and inconvenient when compared to the size of the room.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
abnet
"Ready for a refresh but clean"
My first impression walking to the hotel from Central Station was not great. Small lobby that needs a complete remodel. Once I entered my room, I was pleased it was clean and at least had a queen bed as so many single rooms have twin or full sized beds. The room was clean, bathroom was small but usable and overall it was an okay hotel. Proximity to central station (5 min walk) and Marienplatz (15min walk) was great. Most importantly, it was quiet with the exception of a little traffic noise. Beds were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel over a majority of them in this price range ($200/night) during Oktoberfest.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Oktoberfest"
The staff at Vi Vadi Hotel were very nice and helpful. They recommended some great places to eat during our stay. They were also very willing to store our luggage for us while we attended one more day of Oktoberfest. The room was just big enough for two of us. The only complaint that I had was that the shower was pretty small but I think that's the theme for European showers.
1 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2013
"great location"
Great little hotel. Twenty minutes walking distance to Oktoberfest in one direction 25 minutes to the middle of Munich in the other. Good internet, comfortable and staff is helpful with tourist directions. Many have refrigerators' There is a mini market underground near train. Train station 5 minutes walking distance. Great, I will return.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
noreen
"Close to Central Train Station and Oktoberfest"
Friendly helpful staff, nice daily breakfast, very conveniently located (2 blocks from Central Haptbanhopf train station), cheap groceries around corner (Aldi), refrig in room was great, only complaint would be that the shower is very small and drained poorly. Soap abd shampoo was provided. The room did get a bit warm at night at times. No AC, but windows do open. Overall I/we were quite satisfied and would stay again.
4 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2013
Doc n sons
"Great little place"
No idea why people would give this place a bad review. I've stayed all over the world in a lot of magnificent places. For the price, this place is worth the money. The internet was miserable and needs to be improved. No other complaints and I will stay here next year.
3 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2013
Chip
"Convenient to Train Station"
Good access to public transportation. Appreciated our daily cleaned room, helpful staff, and kitchenette as advertised on the website. However the public areas reception area, lobby, elevators, stairwells, basement laundry area, and entrance were very substandard. We were offered a discount if wishing to return, but we would not repeat that experience.
7 night family trip Sep 2, 2013
Susie and Dick
"So close to the Train Station"
This is my 7th time staying here. So easy to walk to after coming in on the train. Customer Service has always been great. They do expect you out of your room not 1 minute past check out though. Our room was spotless, however, the bathroom could have been cleaned a little more. Also, for the price, shampoo/ lotion/ conditioner should have been in our room. We did you use the laundry facility in the basement, very handy but expensive! We will continue to stay at the Vi Vadi whenever we are in Munich. The restaurant next door is great for dinner..
1 night trip Sep 9, 2013
Malinda
"Nice hotel close to everything...very helpful staf"
very helpful staff very accommodating. left my luggage with them after check out until about 5pm.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Nice comfortable hotel"
I've stayed at this hotel several times and have never been disappointed. Although in a busy location near the central railway station, it is a certain charm typically found only in more remote locations. It is relatively quiet and away from the seedy district. The food is excellent and plentiful, the beds are comfortable, WiFi is free. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Munich.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Timm
"Comfort"
Upgrade to a "comfort room"....why would you not want comfort. Basically, it overlooks the garden instead of the very loud main street. The Hotel was ok. The location was great. 2 blocks from train station and 800 meters from "downtown". The price was reasonable for what we got. The upgrade was 5-7 Euros per nite and totally worth it if you want to sleep.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Sketchy Neighborhood"
Not a great neighborhood, unless you're looking for a casino, but close to the main train station. The rooms were very comfortable. We had to get 2 rooms to accommodate 5 of us. 1 of those had a kitchen, living area, and a loft. It was not a 5 star hotel by any means, but decent for a couple of nights stay.
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2013
"Horrible room that smelled like onion"
Usually I don't write reviews,but this hotel was so unpleasant that I just have to want future travelers to avoid it at all cost. It is close to the train station, but the condition of the hotel is very run down. I got a room facing the street, and couldn't open the window due to the loud street noise. It was warm on that day, and there was no A/C. To top it all, the room smelled like onion throughout the stay. I had the window open for hours before I go to sleep, and the onion stench came back once the windows closed. The carpet and beddings were absorbed with the odor, just really disgusting. I just stopped by Munich for one night and the next day I couldn't wait to get out of this hotel! I have to say the hotel staffs are friendly and helpful, which is the Bly good part about it.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Raspberry
"Nice Hotel with a Great Location"
I stayed at this hotel with three friends for one night. It was in great location close to downtown, restaurants, and the train station all within walking distance. The one thing I hated was the noise. It is very noisy if you take a room overlooking the street, my advice pay more and take a room in the back. Please note that this hotel does not have air conditioning.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Bandar
"OK"
Close to train station, friendly staff, rooms exceptionally clean with nice linens and towels. Bathroom and mini-kitchen newer. Not in the best part of town, but convenient. Condition of hotel outside of room was run-down and not clean. Stairwells and walls dirty. If hotel was given a facelift, it would be much more attractive and welcoming. Still the staff was friendly and very helpful.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
christine
"The worst hotel ever"
I had a really bad time here. Don't recommend at all. I booked this based on others recommendation, but it is a really bad hotel!
Response by Vi Vadi Hotel downtown munich
Thank you for sharing your opinion, A traveler. We are sorry to read about your dissatisfaction! However, in order to follow up on your complaint, we would have liked to know some detail: Comfort and Condition Was there anything you had hoped to find, e.g. based on the recommendations you are mentioning? Has there been a specific drawback which made your stay with us uncomfortable? Cleanliness and Service We are proud of our high housekeeping and service standards and appreciate every form of advice, helping us to further improve it. Of course, with humans involved, mistakes are made. We are well aware of that and will try to tackle every issue right away, on the spot, if it is addressed. Did you turn to our reception staff? How did they react to your complaints? Again, we apologize for your unpleasant overall experience and remain at your disposal, willing to make up for it if granted the chance. With kind regards Clemens, GM
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"Great location, wonderful stay"
The location is a couple minutes walk from the train station. Staff is very friendly. The room is spacious, mondern, with great ammenities. The wifi did not work in my room, only in hotel lobby. Would definitely stay again!
1 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2013
Bridget
"Budget friendly, decent sized room"
25 minute walk to marienplatz, the nearby park is filled with homeless at night, very loud street traffic noise, no AC but good breeze, no wifi in room which was really annoying but it worked just fine in the "lobby", hotel staff was difficult to get good information from, for some reason there's a good kitchen in the room, overall I liked the price but would've stayed closer to town center
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
CC
"Wait for a Refurbishment or Remodel"
The best part about the Vi Vadi Hotel was their staff. They were very pleasant and helped my family as best they could. The rooms were large and provide plenty of space for a family of four. However, I STRONGLY urge people to avoid this hotel until the it has been updated. It is very run down, needs a good paint job, and the elevator was so scary, my sons choose to walk up and down the 7 flights of stairs each and every time we had to come and go rather than chance taking the elevator.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
"Winning Location, Losing Comfort"
We loved the location. So close to train, Marienplatz, transfers to airport and to tours (our day trip to Salzburg left from the train station). Huge, popular Biergarten a few blocks away. Munich was the last leg of our two-week tour of Germany; this was a great city but poorest accommodation. Pricier than our previous hotels in Berlin and Dresden, and no AC, useless (except in the hallway or lobby) "free WIFI", and if you want breakfast, cough up €10 extra each day per person. We opted to get our coffee and croissants elsewhere. We propped open windows to try to sleep in the sweltering late July heat, only to be jarred awake all night from the constant roar of traffic.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Catherine
"Overall good value"
The Internet worked in one of our rooms, but not in the other. It was a nice enough hotel for one night in Munich before going on to our destination. Location could not have been better, and staff was friendly.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"No AC or fan in 99F/37C"
Would have been okay, except there was no AC or fans for summer heat. When we spoke to staff that said it was normal for a 3-star hotel. They let us use a small ineffective desk fan. Open windows were a must, which meant no privacy. Area felt a bit sketchy too.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Solid Place to Stay"
Vi Vadi is super close to the train station, if you arrive by train (or take a train in from the airport) it's in a very convenient location. Also in walking distance of Marientplaz and the Viktualienmarkt (about 1 mile). The hotel itself was tidy and quiet.
4 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
Patrick
"Munnich Visit"
Hotel is close to the train station. They willingly held our bags until check in time as we arrived in the early morning. No air conditioning, but outside weather was nice to have the windows open. Hotel was very quite with American style bathroom.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Wall
"Great location! Right amenities. Slightly dilapida"
This hotel is right across from the bahnhof. Has parking across the street for 10€ per entry (no in and out privileges) We were happy to have laundry in the basement for only $3.50! The rooms have kitchenettes which is nice. The overall facility is a bit run down. It worked for our stay... you get what you pay for. This hotel is well located and has the amenities you want... but if you're looking for a 4 star hotel...you won't find it here. Internet doesn't work in most rooms it seems. Works fine downstairs in the lounge but that's rather inconvenient too....
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
"Not woth the price"
I was not happy with my stay. The internet provided code did not work anywhere within the hotel. The air flow in the roo was horrible. The room requires either a desk fan ot ceiling fan. Room was extremey hot.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
Rachel T.
Hotel is two blocks from the train station. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.
6 night trip Jun 25, 2013
"Ok quality - awesome location"
Perfect location! Right by the train and close to surrounding bars and beer gardens. Quality of the hotel was ok and not much more. Certainly don't expect a resort but it does the job for an overnight stay. Also, the lady at the front desk provided very little help with recommendations for places to go out but the laundry facilities on the ground floor were a bonus
4 night trip with friends May 27, 2013
AJ
"Friendly and helpful staff"
We had a nice stay we wanted to extend but hotel was booked.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Disappointing cross between hostel and hotel"
I don't know why this hotel received so many good reviews and recommendations. It was very disappointing. Good location, close to the train station, and the room was clean, but the elevator was scary, the bathroom was almost too tiny to turn around in, you had to go outside to get to the breakfast buffet, and two out of three of the front desk people we talked to reminded us that booking through Expedia was very cheap and that they didn't make as much money on those bookings. I would have thought that was rude no matter what, but one of those two people was literally the rudest person I spoke to during our entire two week vacation throughout Germany.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
Mom of teens
"Loud and my key broke"
The hotel has no air conditioning and overlooks a very noisy street. Also the old school metal key they gave me broke in the lock and then they tried to blame me for it. The surrounding neighborhood isn't terrible but its a little sketchy.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"It was ok!"
When I was booking it prompted me for a garden view room at an additional cost and it wasn't worth it. I loved their service though. All were friendly and very cooperative.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"Good location but nothing flashy"
Clean place close to city center. Street side room was loud. Room clean and worked for a night.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"Great location / value in Munich"
The location is amazing - right next to the central train station. This was a 10 minute walk from the central city and just a few minutes from the train station. The room can be a bit loud but the bed was reasonably comfortable and it was nice to have a small kitchenette in the room. I will definitely stay here again when I am next in Munich.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2013
"Nice and Cost Effective"
For the price its a Great deal. Close to train station and attractions. Old school ... So if you sweat the small things - like a modern elevator you may not like it. But I thought it was great for my quick two night stay in Munich - and provided a cost effective escape from the hostels during my European travels.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Ryan
The only complain we have is the internet very bad signal. The two days we stayed I could not check my emails.
2 night trip with friends May 21, 2013
Simon
The hotel was pretty average in every category with the exception of location. Very close to the train station so a pretty short walk to the old town. Parking across the street was twice as much as what the hotel told me it would cost.
2 night trip with friends May 21, 2013
"europe trip"
ok
1 night trip May 8, 2013
chad
"Top floor loft with kitchenette cosy and Bohemian"
Nicely close to train station, paid parking, and walking to MarienPlatz. Wireless in room internet was helpful.
3 night family trip Apr 26, 2013
We had a great stay-the staff was extremely helpful. Rooms are very clean. Short walk from marienplatz. 10 euro (per day) parking across the street.
1 night business trip May 3, 2013
Jed
It is very convenient to the train station which was very important to us. Breakfast was fine, but it was an added charge. Everyone was very polite and helpful.
3 night trip Apr 29, 2013
eileen
Room was very clean, people were very nice. The price was a bit high for the comfort provided.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2013
"definitely a steal"
room comes with a kitchenette... good for people if you are on a budget... you can walk to most of the attractions around the area as well
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
"very close to the main station"
I liked the room (has a kitchenette), and the location. It is perfect for an overnight and extended stay, if you do not care about seeing the city from your hotel room. The kitchenette had everything you need - there was a coffee maker but no coffee. the room was big, with desk, free wifi, too. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. I will go back there whenever I am in Munich.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
franziska
"Good for a long stay"
Very comfortable location, but very bad restaurant
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
Slava
We stayed here for two nights as we were traveling to Austria. The hotel is about three blocks from the main train station (hauptbahnof) and an easy walk as long as you dont have a ton of luggage. The staff were very helpful and spoke great english. Hotel is older but clean and stylish. Rooms were also clean and bed was comfortable. The walls are a little thin so you can hear people in the hallway pretty easily. They do have a second door inside that you can close that helps with this though. City center was about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. Lots of great food and shopping along the way. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2013
I like this hotel a lot. There's free wifi & little kitchen in the room. TV is quite big and room is clean and comfortable. Plus, staffs are friendly. The only problem is the door knob of the room is very hard to open when I want to enter the room every time.
Other trip Feb 26, 2013