All hotels in Clayton, Missouri, United States of America
100 Carondelet Plaza, Clayton, MO, 63105, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Thought they might have been a little discrimnatory...I called on the phone to see if there was a deposit on the room and they told me no...but when I checked in they waited till I got up to my room and they called the room had me to come down and said there was a $100 deposit on each room and I felt like they only did that because we were black
Response by The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit with us. I sincerely apologize that this experience was anything less than perfect. We strive to provide exceptional services and facilities to all of our guests. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back and regain your trust and confidence. Kind Regards, Douglas Chang General Manager
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2014
"Beautiful hotel, conveniently located"
Decided to go to St Louis for a last minute long weekend trip. Not your typical "destination" but being from Omaha, any larger city is a "big city" vacation. Had no idea that staying in Clayton where the Ritz Carlton is located would be so close to the many restaurants that were recommended to us. The property itself is very elegant, old school, dark wood, chandeliers. Kids thought it was really fancy. I loved the Ritz Kids program and they really took care of our littlest one (3 years old). Room was spacious, comfortable beds, nice large marble bathroom. Pool is small but perfect for a quick dip for kids and the hot tub was nice as well for them. Definitely would stay here again and recommend highly.
Response by The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
Dear AliceinOmaha, I was thrilled to read your comments about the family visit to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis. As you shared, Clayton is a wonderful destination within St. Louis with great dining and easy access to the many museums, parks and attractions in St. Louis. I am glad the kids enjoyed the experience with Ritz Kids and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Until then, Kind Regards, Douglas Chang General Manager
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2014
AliceinOmaha
"Elegant hotel"
This by far was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Amazing cigar bar!! The staff at the hotel was very helpful.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Excellent hotel in St. Louis."
Room is comfortable, clean, light, and well appointed. Staff is really great. Lobby bar fun for people watching and a bit of frivolity.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"the best hotel"
I have enjoyed my stay at one of the best hotel in the area. I will not settle for less. From the manager to room service, they certainly know how to take care of your every request. They make you feel like you are in the comfort of your home. I certainly recommended it to all those who wants nothing but the best.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2014
"Close to Wash U, good shopping & restaurants"
Overall, we had a good experience at the Ritz-Carleton. A couple of issues that came up were that the thermostat didn't seem to work, as it felt like 80 degrees even when the setting was on 65, and there were some questionable looking brown stains on the main chair in the room. The room was very nice and spacious, the bathroom was upscale and we enjoyed having a balcony even if it only gave us a view of the interstate.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
we loved the Hotel, The Grille was amazing, wait staff amazing!!! the only thing I didn't like was that I chose RC for the live music for my husband and I to enjoy, was not told of a Christmas party that encompassed the entire bar area. We were unable to hear at all, or get cocktails. Very sad about that. We don't have a lot of $ and for us to spend that much money for a romantic night, we wanted to enjoy all of it. Oh well.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2013
Donna Dye
"A Ritz Carlton in name only"
We had stayed at the Ritz Carlton in St. Louis about 5 years ago and enjoyed it very much. Since then, the hotel has been redesigned; unfortunately, not for the better. The main lounge and bar area adjacent to the lobby lacks the atmosphere it once had. The guest rooms have been upgraded, except for the floor on which we stayed (one of only two floors not upgraded). Even though the hotel was only at about 30% occupancy, we were placed in one of these older rooms. The service itself was spotty and lacked the quality that we have experienced in previous stays at other Ritz properties. On the upside, the pool was nice and was enjoyable for our children.
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2013
Steve N
"Excellent Hotel, Never Disappointing"
I always stay at the Ritz Carlton when in St Louis. I'm never disappointed. First class in every way.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Toni
"excellent option in St. Louis"
tasteful rooms and good service
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"IN THE LOCATION WHERE I NEEDED TO BE"
EXCELLENT FROM BEGINNING TO END.............ONLY ONE NIGHT BUT WE KEEP RETURNING HERE................REALLY ENJOY THE QUIET AND THE BALCONY ROOM TOWARD DOWNTOWN.................HAD A LITTLE TROUBLE WITH THE KEY CARD, BUT THAT WAS MINOR.............LIKE THE LOCKOUT BUTTON ON THE DOOR FOR SECURITY......AND I COULD WORK THE T.V !!!!!!! .LOVE HAVING THE COFFEE IN THE LOBBY IN THE A.M.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
M.H
"Super"
Really nice hotel with a great location. Staff was super nice and helpful. Super breakfast buffet free with our stay. Thanks!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Ty
"close to friends"
Had a very nice experience at the hotel
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
CW
It was a very nice hotel and the staff at the Ritz were very friendly!!
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Le Ann
"Ritz @ Clayton"
We had a great experience. Since we were arriving at 1 am they had everything ready for us, the key was at the desk ready to go, the fridge I'd requested was in the room and we just needed to enter the room an rest. They staff was VERY courteous and professional, very attentive to our needs. Also the hotel has 24hr in room dinning which I find convenient. The area, Clayton, it's just great. Walking distance to breakfast places/coffee and even a hair salon (which I used because I was a bridesmaid at a wedding) I would stay there again. *** the only thing was that for the hotel standards I think the bed should have been better, it was comfortable/good but I've slept in better beds***
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2013
Clar
"Lovely Hotel!"
The hotel was gorgeous, and the staff was sooo friendly! We were disappointed that the hotel was far away from the Cardinals stadium and arch, but we could easily take the Metrolink (Forsyth is the wrong direction!). But other than location, the hotel was fantastic. PS They do have government rates everyone - no matter what Hotels.com says!
1 night family trip Sep 7, 2013
"Beautiful hotel"
The hotel and staff were wonderful. We will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"business trip"
The best place to stay in St. Louis. I couldn't be more satisfied. The hotel is mindful of your presence and needs, they are customer-centered. I highly recommend it particularly if you are visiting the area and just wants to have a hassle free stay. Its more than a five star.
2 night business trip Sep 4, 2013
M Sherman
"Simply lovely staff and stay"
It was as good as it gets - felt like home and family.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Not worth it."
This hotel did not live up to it's name. Staff was not friendly and sheets were stained. We stayed at a Courtyard the following night and it was way better and only $80 per night not the $500 we paid.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Not impressed"
So excited to bring my college age daughter to the Ritz in St Louis. We ended up having to bring our small dog at last minute. The fee was $125.00 extra and the one night stay ended up costing over $600.00 for a room with a balcony view of the back... ugly rooftop and highway!!! Will not stay again. Staff very nice, but not enough to compensate for room cost!!
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Overall, a very nice property. The room cleaning on the second day left something to be desired.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"an excellent option for st louis"
the reception staff at the front desk was outstanding.we arrived fairly late into St louis after a long drive and found that I had mistakenly reserved a room with one king bed. since our family was staying together (2 adults, 2 children), this was clearly a bad option. the receptionist clearly had to work hard to find a 2-bed room, but was so gracious about doing the extra work that we were very appreciative. set the tone for the rest of the stay.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Close to Wash U"
Rate was good on Hotels.com. My daughter and I were there for a visit to Washington University in St. Louis. Worked out very well. At the Hotels.com rate, would definately recommend!
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
Al B
"Wonderful staff and beautiful hotel"
Clear and comfortable with a beautiful in door pool and quite rooms.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
"Everything was great!!"
Everything about our stay was great. The rooms were spacious and clean. Customer service was fantastic, my wife was given free cupcakes and a card for her birthday. The location was great with lots of coffee shops and cafes in the immediate area and a short 5 minute trip to the St. Louis zoo.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Brandan
"It was ok"
We chose this hotel because their website appeared to be kid friendly. I guess the dog toy my daughter found under the chair in the room could be considered kid friendly. However, I forgot to pack a gallon of milk and when I needed to make her bottle at 7:00 a.m. room service was not open, so they gave me directions to the nearest grocery store. The room was HOT and the thermostat appeared to be broken.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Good choice for visting Wash U"
Nice Hotel, great service good breakfast buffet. Mix up with reservation between hotel.com and hotel on the breakfast option. I had paid for the breakfast option, hotel didn't have record of this. I took my copy of the reservation and provided it on check out. If I hadn't would have double paid. BE CAREFUL
1 night trip Apr 1, 2013
JR
"Wonderful location in Clayton"
We had a wonderful visit that could largely be attributed to the staff in the club room and the superb accommodations at the hotel. Everything was top notch. The club level food was fantastic as was the service. We would always choose to stay here in the future.
3 night romance trip Mar 21, 2013
"completly worth it!"
Excellent service and perfect & comfortable rooms...we travel a lot and it is in our top three favorites. We only stayed one night because of a snowstorm but we can not wait to book a real stay there next time we travel. We would highly recomend.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
It was fabulous!
1 night trip Feb 9, 2013
"The Best Hotel Staff!!"
This was the best hotel experience I have ever had. Everyone who works at the hotel is ready to help you. I can't say enough about the quality of customer service and the superb staff.
Other trip Feb 3, 2013
Its the finishing touches that go a long way. When we got there the remotes to the TV werent working. Maintenance came and replaced batteries right away and was very pleasant while he was there. The next morning we went to make coffee and the coffee maker was broken. These are little things but can be a big pain and quite honestly something I wouldnt expect from a 5star hotel. But I will commend the staff from begining to end as being very nice and helpful.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2013
"Great Stay in Clayton"
We booked for early Nov. because we were going to the McCartney concert. We had a great rate which included breakfast and valet parking. They comp'd us an upgrade when we arrived. The staff was very, very friendly and accomodating-nothing but the best. The hotel has everything and, is very clean, and in a pretty good location with easy access to downtown (15 minutes away). We were able to get a fridge and microwave in our room, and every room has a balcony. Overall, a great stay at a great, well staffed hotel! Cannot wait to go back!
2 night trip Nov 10, 2012
"Girls Getaway"
The hotel is wonderful! Stayed their for a girls night away. We loved it so much we cancelled dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant and hung out in the Lobby Lounge enjoying a great band, drinks and sushi.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
elle
"The Ritz never disappoints!"
I have stayed at the Ritz many times for business in St. Louis and it never disappoints! This hotel is the best in St. Louis! The lobby is beautiful and the staff is top notch. Being able to have a great glass of wine and sushi without ever leaving the hotel at the end of a hard day is heaven. The rooms have been updated since my last stay and they have done an excellent job. Highly recommend this hotel!
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2012
"A great weekend stay at the Ritz-St. Louie"
Wonderful...could not have asked for anything better. Easy to find...accommodating staff...quiet and very clean room...maintains the very excellent reputation found in Ritz-Carlton hotels. So pleased to have found this opportunity on hotels.com. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
Donald
"tango at the Ritz..."
Aside from the fact that this is a Ritz... there is tango on Sunday nights... a free lesson followed by a few hours of dancing in the main lobby... a full service with Jessica taking very good care of the patrons... all in all, a great stay....
Other trip Sep 19, 2012
Tony
enjoyed it - staff very helpful for the most part but housekeeping not responsive when request made twice
Other trip Sep 18, 2012

Delightful
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2013

"Luxus pur"
Tolle, große Zimmer, typisch amerikanische Einrichtung, alles super
melanie
DE
"Tolles Hotel in guter Lage von St.Louis"
Perfektes Hotel leider hat der Service gerade vom Guest Service Bereich und Bell Desk bei weitem kein Premium Niveau erreicht.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
DE
"古き良きリッツ"
建物は古さを感じますが、サービスはリッツそのもの。スタッフはみんな素晴らしい。食事も美味しい。流石のサービスでした。部屋も多少の古さを感じますが、アメニティや清掃も完璧。とても居心地が良かったです。
Other trip May 25, 2014